PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Grandson told us to sponsor the Ron Paul Blimp

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Well guess who visited the Ron Paul Blimp a few days ago? Rand Paul (Ron Paul's Son) and two of his kids. Theres a nice video on this page http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/ (Second Video Down). In it Rand Paul and his sons show up and take a few pictures with the blimp then get on and take a ride :) Oh yeah and at the end his older son tells us to Sponsor the Ron Paul Blimp! This certainly shows Ron Paul and his family think it's worth the investment and like the blimp.

Donate to the Ron Paul Blimp so it can fly over Florida(and possibly other states) for their primaries.
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

bucfish
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Bump for the Blimp

Ronin
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
With all due respect, I wouldn't take marching orders from his grandson. Yes the blimp is nice, but I didn't see the "blimp bump" in SC. Just my 2c. Stick your money with something that is proven like local advertising.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 04:41 PM
With all due respect, I wouldn't take marching orders from his grandson. Yes the blimp is nice, but I didn't see the "blimp bump" in SC. Just my 2c. Stick your money with something that is proven like local advertising.

Oh give me a break.. His son said to sponsor it but his father (Rand Paul) took him there and also took a ride on the blimp. This means obviously he supports the blimp and thinks its a good idea or they wouldn't have done this. I can't believe your actually attacking at that angle man..

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
While I have nothing against the blimp and I applaud everyone involved in making it happen, I can't help but wonder what effect spending a comprable amount of money on local newspaper advertisments in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Michigan would have had.

Even a couple of 3rd place finishes would have done so much to build momentum.

So to all who promote/fund the blimp, I won't tell you not to. But where's the votes?

RonPaulFanInGA
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Stop funding these dang "chip-ins" and divert all non-official campaign donations to the blimp!

www.ronpaulblimp.com

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Not to be rude, but of course they are saying to sponsor the blimp...why would they say not too. Also, how do they know it is worth the investment?

I am very pro-blimp (donated once) but I don't like you using Ron Paul's family to push the blimp.

Nah uh, no way hoseh! ;)

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Not to be rude, but of course they are saying to sponsor the blimp...why would they say not too. Also, how do they know it is worth the investment?

I am very pro-blimp (donated once) but I don't like you using Ron Paul's family to push the blimp.

Nah uh, no way hoseh! ;)

Are you kidding? It's on the blimp website and they allowed the people running the blimp project to video tape them doing all of this. Of course they visited it to create excitement behind it and probably help it out. You're actually saying we're using them? wtf? I guess the Ron Paul Blimp people are using them by putting it on their website too then.. even though they obviously had permission.

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Are you kidding? It's on the blimp website and they allowed the people running the blimp project to video tape them doing all of this. Of course they visited it to create excitement behind it and probably help it out. You're actually saying we're using them? wtf? I guess the Ron Paul Blimp people are using them by putting it on their website too then.. even though they obviously had permission.

Oh settle down man. You take this way too seriously...

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Stop funding these dang "chip-ins" and divert all non-official campaign donations to the blimp!

www.ronpaulblimp.com

The blimp is worthless.

The chip-ins for newspaper ads and billboards work. We got the Jane Roe endorsement from a newspaper ad that was probably funded with a chip-in.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh settle down man. You take this way too seriously...

I don't take kindly to being said I'm "Using Ron Paul's family" thats a serious accusation so yeah excuse me if I'm not settled down enough for you.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
You're actually saying we're using them? wtf?

I don't take kindly to being said I'm "Using Ron Paul's family" thats a serious accusation so yeah excuse me if I'm not settled down enough for you.

We're? I'm? So you are an official or unofficial ron paul blimp volunteer? Which one?

Ronin
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh give me a break.. His son said to sponsor it but his father (Rand Paul) took him there and also took a ride on the blimp. This means obviously he supports the blimp and thinks its a good idea or they wouldn't have done this. I can't believe your actually attacking at that angle man..

Just keeping it real. Stick with the facts.

thehittgirl
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
While I have nothing against the blimp and I applaud everyone involved in making it happen, I can't help but wonder what effect spending a comprable amount of money on local newspaper advertisments in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Michigan would have had.

So to all who promote/fund the blimp, I won't tell you not to. But where's the votes?

I agree. We have to break through the hypnotic(MSM) barrier and hit the masses with advertisements. My mother keeps telling me she wishes Ron would get more media attention. I suspect she is a potential supporter and wants to know more...I try my best, but we're on opposite coasts, it makes it a little difficult.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
We're? I'm? So you are an official or unofficial ron paul blimp volunteer? Which one?

I said we're because I put a link to the video on here and someone said I'm using them. They also put the video on their website of him saying this so his accusation means that I am using them and therefore so are the blimp people. Therefore "we're" using them. Either way no I'm not a part of the blimp project.. even as a volunteer. I'm simply putting a video and saying what Ron Pauls grandson said... now people act like I committed a crime.. I can't believe how strongly against the blimp people are for me to be attacked for posting something that happened.

RP4Pres2008

Maybe if you had some reading comprehension skills, you'd take a second and notice I never said you were "using" them, I meant having people close to Paul promoting the thing. Relax. Calm down. There are more important things going on here...a lot more "serious accusations" :rolleyes:

Thomas Paine
Well guess who visited the Ron Paul Blimp a few days ago? Rand Paul (Ron Paul's Son) and two of his kids. Theres a nice video on this page http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/blog/ (Second Video Down). In it Rand Paul and his sons show up and take a few pictures with the blimp then get on and take a ride :) Oh yeah and at the end his older son tells us to Sponsor the Ron Paul Blimp! This certainly shows Ron Paul and his family think it's worth the investment and like the blimp.

Donate to the Ron Paul Blimp so it can fly over Florida(and possibly other states) for their primaries.
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

I'm glad to see that several hundred thousand dollars of donations were made to fund the Blimp so that Rand Paul and two of his kids could take a 30 minute ride in it.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
The chip-ins for newspaper ads and billboards work. We got the Jane Roe endorsement from a newspaper ad that was probably funded with a chip-in.

We don't need chip-ins for newspaper ads in rural Minnesota or "Ron Paul gum". We need the blimp to keep flying and get media attention from now till at least 'Super Tuesday' on February 5th.

Redcard
01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
So you take a guy and his kid up in the blimp, and the kid says he wants us to keep sponsoring it.

NOw be realistic. Would our Dr Paul pay for this blimp?

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Maybe if you had some reading comprehension skills, you'd take a second and notice I never said you were "using" them, I meant having people close to Paul promoting the thing. Relax. Calm down. There are more important things going on here...a lot more "serious accusations" :rolleyes:

Wow a blatant lie. Okay well I'll quote you.. this is simple.

Nah uh, no way hoseh! ;)

"I am very pro-blimp (donated once) but I don't like you using Ron Paul's family to push the blimp."

How about you squeeze your way out of this with a lie as well? I appreciate honesty and my reading skills are plenty good thanks for asking ;)

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow a blatant lie. Okay well I'll quote you.. this is simple.

"I am very pro-blimp (donated once) but I don't like you using Ron Paul's family to push the blimp."

How about you squeeze your way out of this with a lie as well? I appreciate honesty and my reading skills are plenty good thanks ;)

Replace using with having, who cares. You're reading too much into this. You are obviously pretty defensive at this point. I don't blame you. If I posted such a rediculous thread such as this I would be pretty embarrassed as well.

iiguns
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
It got on the news many times I think the Blimp should stay up. It does get attention.

Sandy
01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
No, my money will not go to the blimp just because Rand's son likes it or because they took a ride on it. It is not an effective means of getting votes, local ads in newspapers, etc are. Canvassing helps get votes.

Where's the proof that the original $500,000 had miraculous effects? Keep asking for it, never get it. No, I don't mean someone saying I know of so and so who saw the blimp and now is voting for RP. Real statistical evidence.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Replace using with having, who cares. You're reading too much into this. You are obviously pretty defensive at this point. I don't blame you. If I posted such a rediculous thread such as this I would be pretty embarrassed as well.

Give it up man. You lied/were mistaken and I really don't care which one. You said I was using his family which is completely ridiculous. This thread is simply reporting facts and if you want to attack me for doing that fine. I think Ron Paul's son would not have visited the blimp if he did not think it was helpful to their campaign. The only thing I'm defensive against is you because you attacked me for no good reason.

tsetsefly
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
blimp

RP4Pres2008
Give it up man. You lied/were mistaken and I really don't care which one. You said I was using his family which is completely ridiculous. This thread is simply reporting facts and if you want to attack me for doing that fine. I think Ron Paul's son would not have visited the blimp if he did not think it was helpful to their campaign. The only thing I'm defensive against is you because you attacked me for no good reason.

Aren't you in the wrong forum anyway?

I never lied. I meant I did not use the word "using" like you are taking it.

pacelli
No, my money will not go to the blimp just because Rand's son likes it or because they took a ride on it. It is not an effective means of getting votes, local ads in newspapers, etc are. Canvassing helps get votes.

Where's the proof that the original $500,000 had miraculous effects? Keep asking for it, never get it. No, I don't mean someone saying I know of so and so who saw the blimp and now is voting for RP. Real statistical evidence.

The media value of the blimp has been well-demonstrated and proved in the blimp forum. However, the vote-gathering value has not yet been proved in securing enough votes for Ron to place in the top 3 in a state in which the blimp has flown. Florida will be the statistical evidence, in one direction or the other.

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
The media value of the blimp has been well-demonstrated and proved in the blimp forum. However, the vote-gathering value has not yet been proved in securing enough votes for Ron to place in the top 3 in a state in which the blimp has flown. Florida will be the statistical evidence, in one direction or the other.

I don't think it is the blimps sole role to grab votes. It is just an effective marketing tool...unlike this silly thread that is in the wrong forum.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I doubt I'm in the wrong forums but I'll leave that to the Administrators to decide. Considering it has not been moved I would assume I am in the correct forums. For someone that hates this thread you certainly spend a lot of time bumping it RP4Pres2008 :) I'm not sure what is so bad about telling others about something that occurred.. if anyone is over-reacting it is you. :/

pacelli
01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't think it is the blimps sole role to grab votes. It is just an effective marketing tool...unlike this silly thread that is in the wrong forum.

I disagree. The name of the company is "Liberty Political Advertising, LLC". The goal of political advertising is to secure more votes for the politician. I agree, the thread should have been posted in the blimp forum.

Redcard
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
No, it's not an effective marketing tool.

Tell me how it's been effective. Show me something that measures the effectiveness of the blimp. Give me something that connects it to sales/votes.

You can't just say something is effective because it is seen by a lot of people. There's a huge piece of gang graftti on the way to work, that is seen by millions of people a day.. but that doesn't mean they're going to join that gang.

To be effective, it has to lead to sales. It has to lead to votes.

Now, it's something different to talk about how cool it is.. or how you like it.. or how it gives you warm butterfly feelings..

But effective? No. Prove it.

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I doubt I'm in the wrong forums but I'll leave that to the Administrators to decide. Considering it has not been moved I would assume I am in the correct forums. For someone that hates this thread you certainly spend a lot of time bumping it RP4Pres2008 :) Not sure what is so bad about telling others about something that occurred.. if anyone is over-reacting it is you. :/

Shall we just let it die?

Mckarnin
01-22-2008, 05:12 PM
The blimp is worthless.

www.ronpaulairforce.com

This is on a small scale but should be very effective.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Shall we just let it die?

You can do whatever you wish. It's a free country ;) I on the other hand don't want it to die because I think Ran Paul visiting the blimp suggests Ron Paul and Rand Paul find it an effective tool rather than something hampering their efforts. If they thought it was hurting them I doubt they would be promoting it like this.

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM
The blimp is worthless.

then go make your own thread for your chip ins,let me know once you have, so i can post negative crap on your thread ok ,geeez go away ,post your crap on hannitys site ,stop hijacking a thread and then dont even offer your own chip in geeez, your a blimp hater we get it,now stop it and go do something constructive.

i have donated to the blimp,i have run newspaper ads and produced radio ads and run many of these ads,its called multi-tasking.

stop the hate and stop opening the threads,we get it,you dont like the blimp,ok enuff said move on ,make a chip in ,produce an ad write a radio ad ,air it,and stop your bitching about the blimp geez,your starting to act a like a freakin troll..

Sandy
01-22-2008, 05:15 PM

It's always the next state, after FL, it will be the next state.

When is this vote gathering method in other states going to be revealed, and who is working on this project? Inquiry minds want to know. How are they gathering this information, and what are the actual results so far? Can you give name(s), and information?

You have to show the statistics, and the methods by which you came about the statistics, you can't just say the blimp is a success if RP happens to do better in FL. The success may 99% or higher have to do with local efforts and canvassing.

Sorry, but this is one expensive endeavor.

idrake
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
No, it's not an effective marketing tool.

Tell me how it's been effective. Show me something that measures the effectiveness of the blimp. Give me something that connects it to sales/votes.

You can't just say something is effective because it is seen by a lot of people. There's a huge piece of gang graftti on the way to work, that is seen by millions of people a day.. but that doesn't mean they're going to join that gang.

To be effective, it has to lead to sales. It has to lead to votes.

Now, it's something different to talk about how cool it is.. or how you like it.. or how it gives you warm butterfly feelings..

But effective? No. Prove it.

I'm of the same mind. The blimp was in SC and RP got 4%. That isn't a track record to brag about.

Plus, the idea was to get media exposure about the blimp and that ship has sailed. The MSM won't even notice if it goes away. :(

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
You can do whatever you wish. It's a free country ;) I on the other hand don't want it to die because I think Ran Paul visiting the blimp suggests Ron Paul and Rand Paul find it an effective tool rather than something hampering their efforts. If they thought it was hurting them I doubt they would be promoting it like this.

Let's never fight again.

*big kiss*:p

Redcard
01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I mean, I hate to be cold, but we're talking about a candidate who is frugal and spends money wisely. Is this a wise spending of money?

Would Ron Paul pass a bill for this Blimp?

Redcard
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
And also, let's be realistic about this topic and original post.

You gave a kid a ride in a huge balloon that had his grandpa's name posted on the side of it in enormous letters, and then, basically, asked him if people should keep paying for it.

what kind of answer did you THINK he was going to give you?

RP4Pres2008
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM

You gave a kid a ride in a huge balloon that had his grandpa's name posted on the side of it in enormous letters, and then, basically, asked him if people should keep paying for it.

This was my point from the start, wish I said it like this :(

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM

Lol. They didn't ask him to say that.. but that's not what matters anyways. The fact that Ron Paul's son Rand Paul showed up and visited the blimp and even went for a ride suggests they really like the blimp idea. If they thought it was taking too much money from their campaign or that it was a waste of money they would have never visited and promoted it. His kid saying to sponsor it and the end of the video only puts the icing on the cake.

Redcard
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Lol. They didn't ask him to say that.. but that's not what matters anyways. The fact that Ron Paul's son Rand Paul showed up and visited the blimp and even went for a ride suggests they really like the blimp idea. If they thought it was taking too much money from their campaign or that it was a waste of money they would have never visited and promoted it. His kid saying to sponsor it and the end of the video only puts the icing on the cake.

Well, then ask the kid if he wants to give his allowance to it, and ask Rand if he'd like to chip in about $500 a month to the fund too.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, then ask the kid if he wants to give his allowance to it, and ask Rand if he'd like to chip in about $500 a month to the fund too.

Sigh..

Basilieus
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
The blimp is a money hog.

I would rather spend $400,000 sending people to canvas in the upcoming Feb. 5th primaries.

The blimp is a complete waste of funds.

Soccrmastr
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
The blimp is worthless.

I agree. Blimp is a HUGE suck up and watse of money. Imagine all the ads that can be run from all that blimp money

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Lol. They didn't ask him to say that.. but that's not what matters anyways. The fact that Ron Paul's son Rand Paul showed up and visited the blimp and even went for a ride suggests they really like the blimp idea.

LOL. And who wouldn't like a free ride on the blimp ?! I'd certainly love it!

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
LOL. And who wouldn't like a free ride on the blimp ?! I'd certainly love it!

Thanks for cutting off the part in your quote where I said they wouldn't be foolish enough to go visit the blimp on video and promote it if they thought it was wasting money that could help them win. Obviously they think it's worth the money that could be going towards other things like grassroots ads or directly into their campaign.

Redcard
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks for cutting off the part in your quote where I said they wouldn't be foolish enough to go visit the blimp on video and promote it if they thought it was wasting money that could help them win. Obviously they think it's worth the money that could be going towards other things like grassroots ads or directly into their campaign.

He's connected to the primary candidate, dude.

He can't tell you to fund it or not to. That'd be breaking election finance law.

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Obviously they think it's worth the money that could be going towards other things like grassroots ads or directly into their campaign.

Well, it's obvious TO YOU. Unless the above is what they told you.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
He's connected to the primary candidate, dude.

He can't tell you to fund it or not to. That'd be breaking election finance law.

Good point maybe that's why his older Grandon said to sponsor it on the video and not Rand Paul.

constituent
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Well guess who visited the Ron Paul Blimp a few days ago?

I call this shameless exploitation of a kid.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting this thread and being so blatantly opportunistic.

"See, even the kid says so" ... that's f*ed

these are the tactics of a carnival barker (i know, i've been one)

constituent
01-22-2008, 05:43 PM

maybe they just wanted some family pictures before the blimp comes down...

i mean that's pretty cool, your grandpas name all big on a blimp.

does it make it an effective use of money? hell no.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
It's always the next state, after FL, it will be the next state.

When is this vote gathering method in other states going to be revealed, and who is working on this project? Inquiry minds want to know. How are they gathering this information, and what are the actual results so far? Can you give name(s), and information?

You have to show the statistics, and the methods by which you came about the statistics, you can't just say the blimp is a success if RP happens to do better in FL. The success may 99% or higher have to do with local efforts and canvassing.

Sorry, but this is one expensive endeavor.

I think the actual results are anecdotal at best, and I doubt we'll ever see real statistics i.e. on Ron Paul Graphs or Paulcash. As far as the rest of your questions, I doubt we'll ever get them answered.

Indy Vidual
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Blimp

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I call this shameless exploitation of a kid.

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting this thread and being so blatantly opportunistic.

"See, even the kid says so" ... that's f*ed

What? That was planned... he turned into the video and said to sponsor it what are you talking about.. They visited the blimp to help promote it obviously and now it's shameless for me to post about something that happened? I did nothing but report facts.. you really are not making sense to me. So the Ron Paul Blimp people are also shameless for putting the video on their website? Obviously they had permission and wanted this to get public.

Redcard
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I think the actual results are anecdotal at best, and I doubt we'll ever see real statistics i.e. on Ron Paul Graphs or Paulcash. As far as the rest of your questions, I doubt we'll ever get them answered.

And that's why I can say it's not effective marketing.

If you can't measure it's results, you can't say it's effective.

pacelli

LOL Great post (and a lucky one too, that was your 777th!).

constituent
What? That was planned... he turned into the video and said to sponsor it what are you talking about.. They visited the blimp to help promote it obviously and now it's shameless for me to post about something that happened? I did nothing but report facts.. you really are not making sense to me.

uhhh... read my next post...

no, not obviously

Indy Vidual
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
The blimp is worthless.

An abortion related endorsement has value?
How are we doing with female voters??

yongrel
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Yes, Ron Paul's grandson is certainly the most informed and educated among us about matters of grassroots activism.

And he is right too! Look at what the blimp did for us in South Carolina! We spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on the blimp, and we were rewarded with and awesome 1st place finish! Wait... what? We weren't? Hold on a second!

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
uhhh... read my next post...

no, not obviously

Wow man you take hating the blimp to a whole new level. Suggesting I'm exploiting somebody.. by posting word for word exactly what they said.. wow. It doesn't take much thought to realize they wouldn't likely visit the blimp if they thought it was a bad idea. His Father is running for president I doubt they would go to the blimp and promote it (and most importantly allow it to be videotaped) if they didn't want people to hear about it and to sponsor it. Also it's likely that since Rand Paul is connected to the campaign as somebody already said he cannot comment on the blimp as it is illegal, so he had his kid comment instead. Are they "exploiting" him too?..

Brian in Maryland
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I gave $25 a couple of days ago for it. I think it is a good investment. I work hard for my money. I wish I could give more. How hard would it be to give $10 each to it?

What is the blimp worth?

According to media reports the first ten days of blimp flight generated a minimum of $500,000 in publicity. This puts us on track to garner 1.5 million in publicity per month before considering the blimps advertising value. When adding the advertising impact of the blimp (as a flying billboard for Ron Paul), our return rate puts us on par to generate over $2.5 million in advertising and publicity value per month on an investment of $400,000. That’s a 620% return on each dollar spent.

The blimp is already an amazing investment and will only continue to improve. Please sponsor the blimp today and help us keep it in the air until February 18th, 2008.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Stevo
01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't know what kind of money we are talking about, but it could be the blimp has done it's thing and any future impact will be less. It did generate publicity.
Then again, every time I go out door to door, I find people who have not heard of the good doctor. Anything that gets his name out there is a good thing.

constituent
01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow man you take hating the blimp to a whole new level. Suggesting I'm exploiting somebody.. wow. It doesn't take much thought to realize they wouldn't likely visit the blimp if they thought it was a bad idea. Also it's likely that since Rand Paul is connected to the campaign as somebody already said he cannot comment on the blimp as it is illegal, so they had this kid comment instead. Are they "exploiting" him too?..

this is on the level of conspiracy theory.

what's obvious to me is that it's pretty cool that their g-pa is not only running
for pres., but kicking ass.

also, they-like most-have probably heard that the blimp is rapidly deflating and
naturally wanted to get a ride on it, take some fam. pictures, etc. before it went down.

and no, i'm not a blimp hater... i've been its #1 constructive critic...

if you can't even recognize a friend- ah f* it, nevermind.

...spam away

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
this is on the level of conspiracy theory.

what's obvious to me is that it's pretty cool that their g-pa is not only running
for pres., but kicking ass.

also, they-like most-have probably heard that the blimp is rapidly deflating and
naturally wanted to get a ride on it, take some fam. pictures, etc. before it went down.

and no, i'm not a blimp hater... i've been its #1 constructive critic...

if you can't even recognize a friend- ah f* it, nevermind.

...spam away

Okay whatever.. they visited it because Rand Paul and his kids really wanted a ride.. not because they think it's a good idea.. did you ever consider it could be both? :/ May I ask then if they were only going to get a ride before it "deflates" why they allowed their visit to be video-tapped so thousands of people can see it?.. It can't be that they want other people to see it and be excited about their visit and realize that the campaign is fully behind the blimp. I can't wait to hear your spin on this one..

constituent
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
my response to your question, elijah, has already been posted.

maybe they just wanted some family pictures before the blimp comes down...

i mean that's pretty cool, your grandpas name all big on a blimp.

does it make it an effective use of money? hell no.

constituent
01-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Okay whatever.. they visited it because Rand Paul and his kids really wanted a ride.. not because they think it's a good idea.. did you ever consider it could be both? :/ May I ask then if they were only going to get a ride before it "deflates" why they allowed their visit to be video-tapped so thousands of people can see it?.. It can't be that they want other people to see it and be excited about their visit and realize that the campaign is fully behind the blimp. I can't wait to hear your spin on this one..

why they allowed their visit to be videotaped...

like it was bono's wedding or some other such non-sense.

get off it.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
No more blimp.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
That is not a response to my question. I asked why they allowed it to be video taped if as your theory goes they just wanted a ride and they don't truly think its a good idea. They took several pictures of it with their camera but if they just wanted to visit for fun and didn't want to promote it they would have asked not to be video taped. Plain and simple. I know you dislike the blimp idea but if you can't understand this your just being hard-headed. ;/

constituent
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
That is not a response to my question. I asked why they allowed it to be video taped if as your theory goes they just wanted a ride and they don't truly think its a good idea. They took several pictures of it with their camera but if they just wanted to visit and didn't want to promote it they would have asked not to be video taped. Plain and simple.

you need to read seek's guide to rational debate

"they took several pictures of it with their camera but if they just wanted to visit and didn't want to promote it they would have asked not to be video taped."

i'll give you a cookie if you fetch the term for this line of argumentation.

Rebel Resource
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry we can't have the blimp because they said if it wasn't funded by the 18th, the blimp was no more.

Unless they are compulsively lying about deadlines and they don't deserve to run the project?

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM

If a bunch a strangers donated several hundred thousands of dollars to finance a blimp with my name emblazoned on the side that didn't cost me a dime, I would take a ride on it and say that it was a great idea, too!

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
you need to read seek's guide to rational debate

"they took several pictures of it with their camera but if they just wanted to visit and didn't want to promote it they would have asked not to be video taped."

i'll give you a cookie if you fetch the term for this line of argumentation.

It's sad how when people are completely defeated they resort to attacks. I am debating rationally and what your doing is dodging the question and pretending it's not a completely valid point. Sad..

robert4rp08
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM

Every think that the people that donated to the blimp would have only donated to the blimp? Just because $500k has been donated to the blimp DOES NOT mean the same amount would have been raised for other efforts.

Do not fault the blimp for "lack" of local advertisements. Anyone could have started a chip-in for local ads.

Rebel Resource
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Every think that the people that donated to the blimp would have only donated to the blimp? Just because $500k has been donated to the blimp DOES NOT mean the same amount would have been raised for other efforts.

Do not fault the blimp for "lack" of local advertisements. Anyone could have started a chip-in for local ads.

It's like the diagnosis and treatment question.

In hindsight, ads would have been more effective.

So if you start convincing people the blimp was the wrong treatment, we can achieve a better treatment.

Or you can continue to say "if we hadn't used the old treatment, there would have been no treatment".

constituent
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
It's sad how when people are completely defeated they resort to attacks. I am debating rationally and what your doing is dodging the question and pretending it's not a completely valid point. Sad..

it's an invalid point. it's an invalid, worthless argument...

you show me where they've refused to be taped in the past, and you'll
have an inch or two to stand on.

and if RP's family is acting all celeb. now, that tells me all i need to know
about the direction of the campaign/"movement" (i prefer judge a tree by the fruit it bears)

... so go ahead and show me where "please don't film me" is typical behavior coming from Rand, his
kids, or the rest of the family for that matter.

can't?

didn't hardly think so.

we're done son.

have a good one elijah.

FireofLiberty
01-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I met Rand Paul and both of his kids (unless he has more) at the Charleston election night "victory party." The oldest of the two, Duncan, heard me tell his father that I was from Raleigh and he asked me if I was a Duke or UNC fan and I told him Duke (I'm a hardcore, life long Duke fan) and he goes "yeah!" and gives me five. It was awesome and too cute. :D

chewbacca
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
The blimp is now a major major waste of funds. It was nice for the short burst of media coverage but that has ended. Actually FLYING the blimp has done very little(south carolina anyone?).

Ground it!

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Whom is the blimp benefitting? Ron Paul, or those individuals with a vested personal or financial interest in the blimp?

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
it's an invalid point. it's an invalid, worthless argument...

you show me where they've refused to be taped in the past, and you'll
have an inch or two to stand on.

and if RP's family is acting all celeb. now, that tells me all i need to know
about the direction of the campaign/"movement" (i prefer judge a tree by the fruit it bears)

... so go ahead and show me where "please don't film me" is typical behavior coming from Rand, his
kids, or the rest of the family for that matter.

can't?

didn't hardly think so.

we're done son.

have a good one elijah.

Uh are you suggesting I'm Elijah or something? Talk about conspiracy theories.. sigh. Anyways constituent whatever I give up. Your totally right they visited it 100% for sentimental reasons like pictures and memories. It's completely insane to think they visited it in order to promote the blimp/show their support of it AND because they wanted to ride it.. I'm sorry I ever suggested this I don't know what I was thinking... /sarcasm off (Have you even watched the video?)

muh_roads
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
The blimp is worthless.

This post wins the thread. I don't know how anyone can argue the point you just made.

The blimp is quite dumb.

FireofLiberty
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM
We're close to the $100,000 needed to keep it in the air. I say we go ahead and meet that goal and then stop with the blimp.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
For the price of the blimp, we could have put up HUNDREDS of billboards across Nevada, with enough left over to run radio ads.

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
For the price of the blimp, we could have put up HUNDREDS of billboards across Nevada, with enough left over to run radio ads.

The blimp hasn't raised much money at all in the last weeks.. have the donations to the ads gone way up as a result? It raises most of it's money when mentioned on the forums a lot. Any project can raise money it just needs to be a good idea and well advertised(Especially in popular forums). You can't blame the blimp for raising money and taking away from other projects.. getting rid of the blimp won't get them their funds, them fixing their projects to be more like-able (maybe getting new ads or advertising better) will help get them funds. My point is you can't blame something else's failure on another's success. They are doing poorly because people aren't supporting them, not because they are supporting the blimp.

Thomas Paine
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
The blimp hasn't raised much money at all in the last weeks.. have the donations to the ads gone way up as a result? It raises most of it's money when mentioned on the forums a lot. Any project can raise money it just needs to be a good idea and well advertised(Especially in popular forums). You can't blame the blimp for raising money and taking away from other projects.. getting rid of the blimp won't get them their funds, them fixing their projects to be more like-able (maybe getting new ads or advertising better) will help. My point is you can't blame something else's failure on another's success. They are doing poorly because people aren't supporting them, not because they are supporting the blimp.

Just because the blimp has been better funded (your words, not mine) than other advertisement ideas, does not mean that the blimp is somehow "better" or more effective. The blimp was in South Carolina and Ron Paul's finish in South Carolina was ugly compared to Ron Paul's second place finish in Nevada (was the blimp ever in Nevada?).

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
We're close to the $100,000 needed to keep it in the air. I say we go ahead and meet that goal and then stop with the blimp.

Well, it's in the air even though the deadline was 18th, right? If you stop right now with $92,000 they will just fly the blimp long enough to spend that $92,000 - at least that what they told us here. So that would be probably around 26th or so.

phree
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
The blimp is full of hot air. Let it out.

Mckarnin
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, it's in the air even though the deadline was 18th, right? If you stop right now with $92,000 they will just fly the blimp long enough to spend that $92,000 - at least that what they told us here. So that would be probably around 26th or so.

We're going to be at the debate on the 24th with the money we have now and then hitting strategic targets on the way back to NC. We are open to the idea that the market, at least the market we have been advertising the blimp to is tapped out or no longer demanding the blimp. So, we'll find a new market for the blimp, start on new ideas, or both. :)

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Just because the blimp has been better funded (your words, not mine) than other advertisement ideas, does not mean that the blimp is somehow "better" or more effective. The blimp was in South Carolina and Ron Paul's finish in South Carolina was ugly compared to Ron Paul's second place finish in Nevada (was the blimp ever in Nevada?).

Well, I agree. The blimp being somewhere doesn't mean we will do well in that state. The most important thing is having a strong movement on the ground their with Ron Paul supporters spreading the word. In South Carolina we had a lot of things working against us you should consider. Ron Paul was attacked viciously prior to the primary being accused of being a racist.. Half of South Carolina is African-American and unfortunately some (If not many) of them likely believed the accusations to be true. Also it has a strong evangelical base which Mike Huckabee is taking most of the votes mostly because he is a preacher.

I don't pretend to know why we did so poorly there completely but I think South Carolina was a tough state for us and highly contested. I think since we have given the blimp this much funds it would be wise to give it the little funds required to fly in Florida during their primary and possibly other states. Also you should consider this was mentioned nationally many times as well so it's not only getting Ron Paul's name out in the state which it flies.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
The blimp hasn't raised much money at all in the last weeks.. have the donations to the ads gone way up as a result? It raises most of it's money when mentioned on the forums a lot. Any project can raise money it just needs to be a good idea and well advertised(Especially in popular forums). You can't blame the blimp for raising money and taking away from other projects.. getting rid of the blimp won't get them their funds, them fixing their projects to be more like-able (maybe getting new ads or advertising better) will help get them funds. My point is you can't blame something else's failure on another's success. They are doing poorly because people aren't supporting them, not because they are supporting the blimp.

What other forums has the blimp been directly targeted for advertisement?

NerveShocker
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
What other forums has the blimp been directly targeted for advertisement?

I'm not certain I know they used this one the most (obviously) as it is the best organized forum. They also used DailyPaul.com to get the word out I believe.

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 07:26 PM
We're going to be at the debate on the 24th with the money we have now and then hitting strategic targets on the way back to NC. We are open to the idea that the market, at least the market we have been advertising the blimp to is tapped out or no longer demanding the blimp. So, we'll find a new market for the blimp, start on new ideas, or both. :)

Well, that was the plan anyway? It was never about Ron Paul only. I mean that's fine with me, because it was announced by you or maybe trevor at the very beginning of the whole LLC story, so it should be no surprise to anybody.