PDA

View Full Version : New "Welcome Fred Supporters" sub-forum

Bryan
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Grassroots Central can still be used but there is now a dedicated sub-forum to welcome Fred supporters in the "Start Here" area. Right now it is open to posts by unregistered users, we will be monitoring this and may change that so they require moderation approval. We'll see. :)

This action was based on user feedback, please post if you have any further suggestions- we're figuring this out as we go along. :)

Rob
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Sounds good to me, but this one will need to be heavily moderated.

trey4sports
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
your always on top of these things Bryan
+1 for the mod

Bryan
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Sounds good to me, but this one will need to be heavily moderated.
Yep, we'll see how it goes. :)

your always on top of these things Bryan
+1 for the mod
Thanks- we like to respond to the free market of user requests as best possible. This one made sense.

SonicInfinity
01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I hope this goes well.

GHoeberX
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Grassroots Central can still be used but there is now a dedicated sub-forum to welcome Fred supporters in the "Start Here" area. Right now it is open to posts by unregistered users, we will be monitoring this and may change that so they require moderation approval. We'll see. :)

This action was based on user feedback, please post if you have any further suggestions- we're figuring this out as we go along. :)

Perhaps it's possible to redirect a certain domain (e.g. www.whatwouldfredvote.com) to this subforum, so Fred-supporters can be redirected to the URL, which redirects to the forumsection.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101 might stop them from clicking?

mtmedlin
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Perhaps it's possible to redirect a certain domain to this subforum, so Fred-supporters can be redirected to the URL, which redirects to the forumsection?

A simple message saying that the owner of the Fred Websight has now decided to support Ron Paul and redirect hear would be real good :)

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I would go so far as to suggest simply deleting all threads started with the sole purpose of bashing, mocking, or insulting Thompson supporters, and I'm certainly no net-nanny. I can see that being done by not so serious Ron Paul supporters just to drive them away....

Crickett
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes, good idea. I am sure that it really stings to lose their candidate so soon, and I am sorry for them. It is a good thing, tho, that they have another one that they can count on as not being supported by big business, and is very honest. In that respect they are lucky, but it must be very hard to lose Fred. I hope they can find things in our candidate to also support.