PDA

View Full Version : ALERT! We're turning off Fred Thompson Supporters!

Rob
01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I just went to the main Fred Thompson forums upon which some of us have already descended. Their reactions are overwhelming hostile mainly because we are not being sensitive enough to the sense of loss they all feel due to their candidate dropping out. Please be very courteous and subtle when approaching Thompson supporters.

The most "offending" thread was merely a comparison of Ron Paul's And Fred Thompson's positions, please don't be pushing for them to convert immediately.

A good way to do it is to apologize (yes that's what I said) to them for Thompson leaving and then tell them that you are making yourself available to explain Paul's candidacy and positions, but DO NOT give them information if they do not request it.

It's time we start being diplomats, folks.

hueylong
+1

humanic
agreed.

Elwar
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
It's all about class folks.

trey4sports
+1

Mystile
I gotta ask, did you go to fredthompsonforum.com ?

HazardPerry
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
We should have been diplomatic from the beginning. This isn't the way to build a collation of voters.

Rob
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
I gotta ask, did you go to fredthompsonforum.com ?

No I went to the real one.

RJB
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I can understand. I'd be in the foulest of moods if RP dropped out.

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
pm the "supposedly" ron paul supporters and ask them what the heck are they doing?

Tell them to be smart about things. You attract bees with honey.

I bet these kids are under 21 and have NO social skills nor interpersonal common sense.

Janet0116
I really didn't understand why the Fred people would be upset until I saw someone post that these folks were behind a candidate and not a movement. Then it made more sense to me. So yeah, hold off until they can get over the emotional loss they are feeling.

wstrucke
"we" should be diplomatic already. if you for even one second think you are superior to any of your neighbors because you "have seen the truth" then you have already turned them off and lost the campaign for Dr. Paul. there is a huge difference between having a friendly conversation about politics to convince someone that their candidate is Dr. Paul and telling someone that they are wrong, "a sheep", "stupid", ignorant, or whatever else you think they are.

your first step should be to convince yourself that nearly everyone you talk to believes that they are correct and intelligent, then treat them as such and try to explain your point of view. most importantly -- support your argument with facts.

if you stalk people online or offline you come across as desperate which is where the media wants us to be. be respectful, make your argument, and let people come to us.

RobS
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't pull another ConservativeUnderground... dear God.

anewvoice
There is always a period or mourning when your cause loses. Just consider what THESE forums would be like if the situations were reversed.

Do unto others and whatnot...

BreakYourChains
bump

fatdumb
maybe we should quit telling people about ron paul then maybe he will win.

tomveil
*shrug*

They had to see this coming at least since Saturday.

Hell, MSNBC aired his "concession" speech live. *laugh*

Rob
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
"we" should be diplomatic already. if you for even one second think you are superior to any of your neighbors because you "have seen the truth" then you have already turned them off and lost the campaign for Dr. Paul. there is a huge difference between having a friendly conversation about politics to convince someone that their candidate is Dr. Paul and telling someone that they are wrong, "a sheep", "stupid", ignorant, or whatever else you think they are.

your first step should be to convince yourself that nearly everyone you talk to believes that they are correct and intelligent, then treat them as such and try to explain your point of view. most importantly -- support your argument with facts.

if you stalk people online or offline you come across as desperate which is where the media wants us to be. be respectful, make your argument, and let people come to us.

I've agreed with you for as long as I've been involved in politics. I hope that most of our fellow supporters will see the light soon. It should be very clear that our Revolution is one to win over the hearts and minds of the nation.

It is NOT a direct parallel to the American Revolution, we're not advocating a true war in which people are killed. We're trying to unite, not divide. Listen carefully to Ron Paul; this is his message. It should be all of ours.

Marc3579
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Bump

liberty_Forever
01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, someone please apologize for that. I'm not sure how to get to these forums , but that posting is unfair and unacceptable.

Give them a day or two at least to discuss things among themselves before we start swarming them with information. The stock market tanked AND they lost their candidate, so it has not been a pleasant day.

We need to be more sensitive to the posititons of other conservatives. Thompson was the closest to Paul out of the remaining GOP candidates (besides Hunter and Tancredo).

wstrucke
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
pardon me, but who is deleting my posts and why?

Rob
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Update!!!!

The real Thompson forums have banned new registration due to the actions of some Ron Paul supporters!

Please careful everyone! We are literally throwing away votes!

FreedomWon
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes being respectfull is the right thing to do

phill4paul
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
bump

Sey.Naci
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
*shrug*

They had to see this coming at least since Saturday.

Hell, MSNBC aired his "concession" speech live. *laugh*That's pretty heartless actually. I'd be devastated if RP dropped out. I think it would be a class act to leave them alone for awhile to commiserate with each other. Either that, or just be supportive.

Ronin
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Too many kids under this tent. That's the conclusion I've come to.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
///

JMO
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
It's sad because Fred Thompson is the only other republican I would consider. I will vote for the democrat over the other republican candidates, except of course Ron Paul.

fuzzybekool
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Whoever is going over there and being in-sensistive. Please stop. We need every vote we can get.

In fact. leave them alone for a few days. Let them come over on their own. I am sure they know about our fourms.

fatdumb
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
With all these fredhead lovers.

Jesubub
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
It's all about class folks.

Obviously, some of us have no class, especially the person who started the thread about Heath Ledger endorsing Ron Paul right after the news of his death (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html).

phree
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Update!!!!

The real Thompson forums have banned new registration due to the actions of some Ron Paul supporters!

Please careful everyone! We are literally throwing away votes!

Just another example of rash and undisciplined supporters acting without careful consideration. It seems like half of us are undoing the good work done by the other half.

fatdumb
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
pardon me, but who is deleting my posts and why?

Yes i saw a response by you that is missing. dont know where it went though.

Kingfisher
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
With all these fredhead lovers.

Not the ones with common sense

Catatonic
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I glanced at their forums and from what I saw, many of them truely felt that Fred is a defender of the constitution and traditional conservative values.

Thompson really is not bad at talking the talk, just like Huckabee is good at coming off like a good Christian. In both cases you don't have to look far into their history to find out its all a song and dance but most people don't do that. But my point is that a lot of Thompson supporters seem to have similar values to Ron Paul supporters. I'm really not clear what their dislike with Dr. Paul is, except maybe that he's anti war? Or they feel the change he advocates is too drastic?

Anyway, I think that like this campaign, on the forums you'll find the more hard core dedicated supporters that will be harder to sway. It might be better to just let them come to us. Just as the Ron Paul movement will go beyond this campaign, whatever the outcome, they may feel the same way about Fred. Swooping in like vultures may not be wise.

kaleidoscope eyes
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
bump

JMann
01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
God folks that his like hitting on a woman the day her husband dies. Show some class, let them bury their emotions before you start hitting on them. If Ron Paul wins the nomination much of it will be in spite of his supporters.

Myerz
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Tell them you just went out and rented all the early seasons of Law and Order........ just kiddin'!

+1

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
how do you even know they are ron paul supporters??? oo becasue they claim to be? plants possible?? i think so;)

familydog
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
how do you even know they are ron paul supporters??? oo becasue they claim to be? plants possible?? i think so;)

At this point in the campaign, I find it more believable that we have out of control supporters and not plants.

familydog
01-22-2008, 05:33 PM

At this point in the campaign, I find it more believable that we have out of control supporters rather than plants.

rollingpig
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
dont force it~let the message do its thing!

Gadsden Flag
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM

The fact that people make posts like this is why it isn't possible that they are plants.

Lars
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
agreed

enjerth
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
If Ron Paul wasn't in this race, I'd probably be backing Thompson. I'm sad to see Thompson go, cause I don't have anyplace to go if Ron Paul drops out now. (Bridge built, wait for them to cross over.)

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
If Ron Paul wasn't in this race, I'd probably be backing Thompson. I'm sad to see Thompson go, cause I don't have anyplace to go if Ron Paul drops out now. (Bridge built, wait for them to cross over.)

Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

:(

Molly1
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes, I agree. Please real Ron Paul supporters, stay off the Fred forums.

That's like going to a funeral and putting a move on the widow.

That said, I don't think any of our people would do that, so once again, I think it's trolls.

There are those who would greatly fear us combining with Fred's supporters, and, let's face it, we are the most logical candidate for them.

Dr. Paul is the only true conservative left on the Republican ticket. And, he is a devout Christian.

Dr. Paul is the real thing.

steph3n
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM

this is growing really old just like the people that deny those stupid troll haven forums that are run by ron paul supporters are real. some of the people in this "movement" need to have a BOWEL movement and flush the crap out of their system.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Blowback.

quickmike
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
My guess would be that at least 90 percent of Fred supporters are all about "gettin' them some war on!!!"

I wouldnt even bother with them. If they want to know about Ron Paul, they will seek him.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Link????

dawnbt
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
I just went to the main Fred Thompson forums upon which some of us have already descended. Their reactions are overwhelming hostile mainly because we are not being sensitive enough to the sense of loss they all feel due to their candidate dropping out. Please be very courteous and subtle when approaching Thompson supporters.

The most "offending" thread was merely a comparison of Ron Paul's And Fred Thompson's positions, please don't be pushing for them to convert immediately.

A good way to do it is to apologize (yes that's what I said) to them for Thompson leaving and then tell them that you are making yourself available to explain Paul's candidacy and positions, but DO NOT give them information if they do not request it.

It's time we start being diplomats, folks.

+1000! NO doubt. Could you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot?

speciallyblend
01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
At this point in the campaign, I find it more believable that we have out of control supporters rather than plants.

all im saying is show us 100% proof its a ron paul supporter? until then its just hearsay and bs until someone can prove 100% it was a ron paul supporter posting it. and the person saying he is a supporter online isnt proof.

steph3n
01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
My guess would be that at least 90 percent of Fred supporters are all about "gettin' them some war on!!!"

I wouldnt even bother with them. If they want to know about Ron Paul, they will seek him.

ON the internet you are very correct, the internet KNOWS about Ron Paul. We'd be wise to stop the antics 'as usual' that have been going on for the last months and change our means if you want to start winning the people over now. The vast majority of voters KNOW who Ron Paul is at this point, they may know the media distorted Ron Paul, the myth and legions of falsehood but it is something that we have many new endorsements. Let us not spoil these by continued antics, pick up the game and move from paintball strategy to political strategy to WIN.

steph3n
01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
all im saying is show us 100% proof its a ron paul supporter? until then its just hearsay and bs until someone can prove 100% it was a ron paul supporter posting it. and the person saying he is a supporter online isnt proof.

It was a Ron Paul supporter. Get out of denial and go to Ron Paulaholics Anonymous, pronto.

phree
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM

Oh My God Please.

RollOn2day
01-22-2008, 06:30 PM
It was a Ron Paul supporter. Get out of denial and go to Ron Paulaholics Anonymous, pronto.

LMAO Yeah you right! We need Meetups for this now!

jake
01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
this is unfortunate

expatriot
01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Link????

http://www.fredthompsonforum.com/
(http://www.fredthompsonforum.com/)

Be Nice :D

Carole
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
To all those of this forum who did such an unclassy thing, I am disappointed. You really need to act with some common sense and class. Youth is no excuse.

It was selfish and unthinking. The rest of us want Ron Paul to be successful.

What is your problem?

steph3n
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.fredthompsonforum.com/
(http://www.fredthompsonforum.com/)

Be Nice :D

no stop throwing this url around, it is a TROLL FORUM setup by immature ron paul supporters.

DAFTEK
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Lets show them we are what we follow! A Diplomat! I once loved Thomson before i converted to Ron.

T206
01-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I've already run into a bunch of Fred supporters who are saying they will now support Romney.