PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Give RP Advise On One Thing...

Thomas_Paine
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I am asking the forums for your input, if you could give Ron Paul advise on 1 thing regarding the campaign what would it be?

yongrel
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I would tell him to avoid the forums.

Revolutn
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
The difference between advise and advice. ;-)

But seriously......go a little more aggressive.
Not dirty, not attack not like THEM, but whenever he gets forceful with his message he resonates.

hueylong
01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Better TV commercials. Maybe a :60 that does 3 things:

1. Basic Bio (10 term Conservative Republican Congressman, 100% Lifetime Rating from National Taxpayer's Union)

2. Basic Issues (Smaller Government, Cut Spending and Taxes, Sound Money, Defend America First)

3. Solicit Participation (Join Ron Paul -- web address & 877 number)

Original_Intent

We have a winner

painter4Ron Paul
Here in Houston I have seen 5 commercials for Obama just today on CNN. Where are Pauls ads?

webber53
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Be cool, calm and collected when delivering any speech or response to the MSM.

That is if he asks me of course.

Thomas_Paine
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
The difference between advise and advice. ;-)

But seriously......go a little more aggressive.
Not dirty, not attack not like THEM, but whenever he gets forceful with his message he resonates.

oops

tamor
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I would suggest that he verbally stress that he has "Transition Plans" for his suggestions in economy, foreign policy, etc. Change is scary for most people, and by stressing that there will be a process - some can happen quickly, some will take more time- takes some of the fear out of what he is saying.

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
At the debate, Paul should say the following-

"not one of you on this stage has the economic education, experience or courage to tackle the grave economic problems we are facing today, I have been fighting to stop wasteful spending for 30 years! America,(as he turns to the camera) you need to hear the truth! The lies and lip service have all cought up to us now and America needs a leader who can get our economy back on track with immediate and decisive action. My fellow Americans i have fought for your liberties and economic well being for 30 years and as your president i can and will lead our country to prosperity again !!!

*MASSIVE APPLAUSE FROM CROWD THAT SHAKES THE STAGE!*

slantedview
01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
i'd say:

ron, attack these other chumps expose their true colors. call them on their lies, their empty promises, their stealing of your ideas.

phixion
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
When you're going to the bank to ask for their money, you present a business plan.

When you're going to the public to ask for their vote, you need to present a clear and concise action plan that's easy to digest on how you are going to turn the country around, especially when you're going against the status quo!!!

His adverts don't do anything good but gain him name recognition as far as I'm concerned.

His adverts need to generate discussion, to get people to stop and listen.

They're just bland, generic and crap.

Eliberty better had of worked with RP's campaign to produce some super interesting and entertaining videos for a national blitz.......though I can't see one coming.......................... I'm losing faith............

Pete

bucfish
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Well it takes just one, with courage, to Stand up to the majority. I do not play their lobbyists games and dirty tactics. I realize my voice is for the people and it is the people who gave me my position.

mysticgeek
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM

That is hilarious! hahahaha

MaidenFan
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
I would advise him to establish easy to follow rhetoric like the other candidates. He needs to continue plugging buzz words again and again. He sorta started doing that with "blow back" when explaining his position on foreign policy. He needs to get more aggressive with that strategy, specific ideas:

The dollar is being reduced to "funny money"/"monopoly money"

"no blood for oil" (or some type of catchy anti-war slogan)

or maybe when the other candidates say "we need to give the troops an honorable victory" he should say "Let's honor our troops by bringing them home!"

"It's time to get the government off your back."

Many people want to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. I don't think that's enough. "I favor the most drastic tax cuts in history, down to zero."
etc. etc.

The key is to simplify his complex platform into a few buzz words and catch phrases that can then be repeated over and over. That's the only way sheep understand politics.

The other thing he needs to do is clearly separate himself from Bush, and strongly allude to the other candidates supporting him. We're not persuading any of the few radical Bush supporters anyway, but this way we might be able to sway more moderates.

anewvoice
That is hilarious! hahahaha

+1 and +1

tsiguy96
call them out. tell the other candidates on stage why want they want to do isnt going to work, and how they will only make the problem worse. what can they say about you? youre crazy? they already do, now its time to prove that you are the only ELECTABLE candidate

roversaurus
1> Say that the war is over. Saddam is dead. The WMD threat has been neutralized.
NATION BUILDING doesn't work and we must stop it.
2> We need to use spies, diplomats, elite units and mercenaries to KILL OSAMA
BIN LADEN.
3> Tie the war to the economy. Nation building has cost us a trillion dollars and
it is destroying our economy.
4> Tell everyone again and again what he did in South Carolina. RON PAUL is
the TRUE conservative.
5> Make some TV and radio ads that tell people the above. SHOW HE IS DIFFERENT.
6> Retail politics. Shake hands. KISS BABIES! My gosh that man lights up when he
is holding a baby. The warmth just pours out of him. We need those pictures of
him on the news in the paper and on TV ADS.
7> Never stop getting on TV or radio. Take every offer. Local. National. Be on
the air every waking moment.

roversaurus
01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
"no blood for oil" (or some type of catchy anti-war slogan)

The "catchy phrase" is - nation building never works and conservatives have
always opposed it.

There is no need to be "anti-war" the war is over.

Dave Pedersen
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Press the social security issue. Frame the economy in terms of protecting social security.

shadowhooch
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Focus on positive solutions that highlight his differences from other candidates instead simply negatively complaining about what we are doing wrong.

For example:

As President I will stay focused on hunting down the specific groups and individuals responsible for terrorist attacks instead of being distracted with costly nation building and policing of the world.

As President I will enact a sensible foreign policy that will save the taxpayer nearly a Trillion dollars a year by bringing our troops home from the 700 bases scattered across 130 countries around the world.

As President I will end the wasteful giving away of billions of your tax dollars to other countries when we have needs here.

Unlike what these other candidates would like you to believe, I do not promote a weak America. I am for a strong defense that follows the Constitution to go through Congress to declare war instead of using the Presidency to decide when to go to war. In doing so, we will have clearly defined conditions for victory, we will be united behind the war as a nation, and we will not be debating the war after-the-fact. When we go to war, we will fight it, win it, and come home.

These give a position of strength instead of just criticising what we are doing. Right now, I think Ron Paul looks like a pushover to the Republicans and he gives off the impression that his policies are weak-minded. It is up to Ron Paul to take the nomination by the throat and present his solutions well.

liberteebell
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Focus on positive solutions that highlight his differences from other candidates instead simply negatively complaining about what we are doing wrong.

For example:

These give a position of strength instead of just criticising what we are doing. Right now, I think Ron Paul looks like a pushover to the Republicans and he gives off the impression that his policies are weak-minded. It is up to Ron Paul to take the nomination by the throat and present his solutions well.

Yes indeed! Position of strength. Many people think he's a pacifist. That needs to be corrected.

Also, he should say that he's the only candidate from either side of the aisle who will SAVE SOCIAL SECURITY.

jesse27
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I say he should quit taking shit and start giving it, all his points are so valid, that the canidates can't counter them. People would love to see him shut them up.

Lord Xar
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
RON NEEDS TO MENTION, at least, the following two things in the debate.
(get this to the grassroots coordinator to funnel it up the chain).

1. He needs to mention his endorsement from Pro-Life Activist Norma McCorvey (‘Jane Roe’ of Roe v. Wade) Endorses Ron Paul for President - AND say THIS IS "JANE ROE")

2. That MOST Financial consultants SUPPORT HIM: ie: Don Luskin Endorses Ron Paul for President

He needs to start trumping his own horn. People are sheep, then need to hear what is going on because the MSM is NOT reporting on any of Ron's press releases.

GET THIS TO HQ immediately. I tried pinging Dan McCarthy, but the email bounced back.

Alabama Supporter
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Simplify the message. Provide solutions.

Carl_S
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Improve the presentation of our message.

Most voters do not accept, or even understand our poorly delivered message. Specifically, do the following:

1) Hire professional writers to create concise and appealing talking points that the voters and press can understand and accept.

2) These talking points should drive production of all our advertising messages.

3) The campaign should hire consultants to work daily with Ron Paul to perfect his image, presentation and speech & debate skills to better convey these talking points to the voters and press.

Many people on RPF have been saying this since early 2007, but I guess we can say it for 14 more days (better late than never?)...

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM

Yes. One of the talk show hosts I talk to on a regular basis says that he never hears Ron Paul say anything positive about America or give a vision of how to make things better.

True or not, many people hear Ron Paul as only being critical and negative, and this makes it easier for them to believe the media lies that he is "anti-American" or that he "blames America".

Get an image consultant, polish the message, target it to the masses and not the mavens.

Goldwater Conservative
01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Talk more about how his opposition to the war is conservative, while his opponents' support of the war is liberal. That he believes in secure borders and a military that can respond to any threat. That we won the war and that this is now an occupation. That what we're doing now is spreading us thin and making us more susceptible to attack. That in the interest of our economy and national sovereignty we must not borrow from Communist China to finance this foreign policy. That this foreign policy of interventionism was the norm even before 9/11 and that it has always come back to bite us in the ass. Basically, frame his position as "America first" traditional conservatism, which it is.

UnReconstructed
01-22-2008, 04:56 PM
lol at trying to advise Ron Paul...

you people have some balls.

JMann
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Pass out copies of the constitution during the debate to the other candidates if one of them so much as mentions it. Hire a professional speech writer.

jacmicwag
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Focus on the economy in terms that average Joe can understand and relate to. Tell a little story to bring home the point. For example, when the topic comes up during the debate pull out a silver dollar and say something like "this silver dollar is now worth $14 of paper money - the reason it's worth so much is that the government keeps spending money like a drunken sailor and then prints up whatever it needs to pay the bill. Now the only problem with printing up money whenever you need it is that eventually the value of the old greenback starts going down which is exactly what is happening right now. So we hear that the Federal Reserve is going loan another 50 billion to the banks but where is this money coming from and what is it doing to the value of the money we have in our wallets? The truth is the Federal Reserve is creating this money out of thin air and the effect is it makes every dollar you own worth a little bit less. It's time to face up to the facts and the only solution is to stop spending more money than we have. It's time to make the government responsible for their spending habits which are systematically destroying the value of our dollar. I've spent 30 years studying economics and this is the sole reason I left my medical practice to get into politics. If I am elected president, the reckless spending will come to an end and the day will come when this (holds up greenback) is once again solid as a rock.

deanne
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I know Dr. Paul speaks fast because he's a smart guy and has a lot of knowledge and wisdom to share in a short period of time; but the other candidates succeed (to our chagrin) because they speak slowly and deliberately, yet in soundbites. Granted, their proposals are generally absurdly simplistic and have nothing to do with the real problem.

At one of the recent debates, all the others on stage laughed after one of his responses - I forget which one made the remark, something like "[I]Okaaayy..."[I] just because it was a little garbled. Paulites understand what he's saying, but I'm concerned that most people watching would go along with the implication that "oh, that ron paul, more proof that he's crazy..."

Now, getting up there on that stage, and speaking the truth despite all the ridicule, is an admirable feat. Dr. Paul is my hero. I struggle when just one person is listening, so RP amazes me.

RP needs to find a simple, concise way of getting his points across in a way that intrigues people but isn't garbled - quite a task of course. He's done that in some ways - "we build and blow up bridges in Iraq, while ours are falling down."

At least he doesn't talk like Romney - that guy annoys me so much, with all that hesitation in his voice.

deanne
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
yeah - one of my coworkers told me, "that guy (RP) seems angry about everything"

and yet he has the best positive solutions, and a genuine character. people need to see that.

Ronin
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
1) Slow down!!
2) Speak in laymans terms
3) Present solutions and how they would benefit the average American. For example, "Eliminate the department of education". Joe blow would think WTF, you don't want to educate children?
4) Present detailed plans.
5) Brag a little bit here and there.

iiguns
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Find someone who could translate what he says, in "LAYMAN TERMS"

oopps I see Ronin said that sorry.

nc4rp
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
[quote=Ronin;1043963]
3) Present solutions and how they would benefit the average American. For example, "Eliminate the department of education". Joe blow would think WTF, you don't want to educate children?

this guy here is on the mark.

TV commercials galore that mention the name Ron Paul more than once at the end and and have him on camera, Romneys ads mention his name about 6 times and at the end he is on camera saying "ill fightfor change blah blah im mitt romney and i approved this blah blah" for the last 5 seconds or so. dont just have Ron's voice alone.

SimpleName
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Paul needa to explain in much greater detail what he will do when he gets into office. I was listening to the dems last night and they had full detailed plans for reforming and changing our system. Paul keeps stressing philosophical ideas, which is great and shows that he actually uses his brain, but he needs to work in some more details and descriptions of plans he will instate when he gets into office.

Lisa S
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I think he should be more agressive in debates as he was in South Carolina and should stress that he will protect this country by having our troops on the border and the danger of our troops not being here to protect us. I think that is the biggest concerns some people have that have terroisist phobia. He needs to appear as a strong leader. One more thing, I think he needs to brag on himself alittle bit more eventhough I know his humbleness is part of his character. Many people want investigate his regard and don't know how good it is.

Soccrmastr
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM

LOL absolutely! :p

Iwantchange
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
He needs to get more aggressive, play a little offensive ball. He spends the majority of the time in defensive mode, which rightfully so the way Faux attacks him. However, he needs to throw that shield only long enough to block the blow, after that, he needs to strike.

IMO, because he spends so much time on the defense, I think there are vast majority of people that aren't sure where he stands on some of the issues. He needs to list where he stands on the issues, and he needs to tell the American people what he plans on doing when he becomes president i.e. abolish the IRS, Stop the war, etc.

cheese
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
The media has spun Ron Paul as the liberal candidate, on the fringe of the republican party, when in fact the opposite is true. The republican base will always vote for the most conservative (or sometimes most religious) candidate. This is how GWB won the primary in 2000 - hell it was his damn slogan.

People here may not believe this because this wasnt what drew them to Ron Paul originally, or they didn't come from the republican base, or they have forgotten about the reagan and bush primaries. Being associated with the word 'conservative' trumps all in this party. If you can win this marketing, you've won the nomination.

Out of dumb (or perhaps Divine) luck, our opponents are about as liberal as republicans come (just look at how much they squabble in the debates over who raised taxes the least in their records). Paul will win the conservative label if he goes for it - no one can challenge him on this; his record is flawless.

This isn't about convincing people that stopping the iraq war is the 'right' or 'logical' thing to do. It's convincing them it is the most conservative policy and ideal. And guess what? It is.

This isn't about convincing people the monetary policy and the economy is screwed. It's convincing people that only someone as conservative as Ron Paul can save it. And guess what? He is.

This isn't about convincing people that giving up liberties for security is idiotic. It's about convincing people that strict adherence to the constitution is the most conservative philosophy. And guess what? ...

We (as grassroots and younger activists) may not like the 'conservative' label, but it has extremely positive connotations in the party; and 'liberal' has extremely negative connotations thanks to Luntz-eque strategies. This should be Paul's core national fight now...

Ron Paul has won us over already, we know exactly where he stands and why. Are we willing to synch the remaining republicans needed to win? All I'm asking is to tailor Paul's message to the conservative base and redefine who is who. It's virtually impossible to lose this battle if we push it.

Thanks

bcreps85
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
My advice would be to be aggressive, even if it held somewhat of a negative tone against the other candidates. From my point of view he is fireproof. The only things they can dig up on him is that some of his supporters are "truthers" and a newsletter from ancient times that has been debunked over and over. The simple fact is everyone he is running against has a billion times more dirt in their past...and he should expose all of it and watch them roast like marshmallows.

virgil47
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
My advice is to concentrate on getting the older americans to vote for him. Explain to them that his plans to repair the economy will be of great benefit to them. Address thier fears about medicare, medicade and social security. Make them understand that his being elected is going to help them in retirement. The vast majority of registered voters are the baby boomers and his campaign is simply not effectively addressing thier concerns. Just my $.02 worth.

the_bee
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I would suggest that he verbally stress that he has "Transition Plans" for his suggestions in economy, foreign policy, etc. Change is scary for most people, and by stressing that there will be a process - some can happen quickly, some will take more time- takes some of the fear out of what he is saying.

Yep!!!!!

DFF
01-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I would tell him to indirectly take the lead regarding fundraising. Explain that the "money bombs" time has expired and in lieu of it -- endorse Friday (payday) donations.

FreedomFighter8008
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I am asking the forums for your input, if you could give Ron Paul advise on 1 thing regarding the campaign what would it be?

Just be himself. We love you Ron!!!