PDA

View Full Version : Digg--Fed Sacrifices Dollar to Avoid Market Crash

Chomsky
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
http://digg.com/business_finance/The_Fed_Sacrifices_the_Dollar_to_Avoid_Market_Cras h
And the dow is STILL down 128 as I write this, and the NASDAQ is taking a beating down over 2%

Chomsky
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
barely a mention of what this will mean for the Dollar in the MSM--big surprise huh?

Mesogen
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I heard someone on CNN say that it was intended to "prop up" the dollar.

How in the hell is slashing interest rates going to do anything but drive the dollar down further?

Then their advice for protecting your assets was:

1. Diversify your portfolio
2. Seek advice from an expert

I'm not shitting you.

Chomsky
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I heard someone on CNN say that it was intended to "prop up" the dollar.

How in the hell is slashing interest rates going to do anything but drive the dollar down further?

Then their advice for protecting your assets was:

1. Diversify your portfolio
2. Seek advice from an expert

I'm not shitting you.

They are trying to hide the facts to avoid a widespread panic and sell, but unfortunately in a country with very little real wealth they are just delaying the inevitable.
And the way our media works, over the next year the Fed will do their best to make the decline of the market very slow and gradual, as not to set off any alarm bells. That is what the emergency rate cut today taught us.

sedele
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Let me see if I have this correct.

Fed cut rates = Fed printed billions more dollars thus further devaluing the dollar?

Chomsky
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Let me see if I have this correct.

Fed cut rates = Fed printed billions more dollars thus further devaluing the dollar?

Then the Fed becomes the hero on the Street while the voiceless on fixed incomes get shafted!

Chomsky
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
As terrible as the news today was, we as Ron Paul supporters have known about this for a long time. Does anyone think that this could be the thing to propel Ron Paul into the MSM, he knows how ridiculous these stimulus packages are. He needs to speak up here.