PDA

View Full Version : Question about Legality

Delaware
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Is it legal to send a slim jim in the mail? I bought slim jims and i wanted to mail them with a letter to some Republicans in my district. Is this legal?

RPinUptownChi
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
yes you can SEND them in the mail, if you have some direct mailing know-how this is totally fine...

you CANNOT go door-to-door and put RP literature into anyone's mailbox...

Proceed with your plan, sir! :D

Delaware
01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
What should i include on the outside of the letter. I'm addressing it like a normal letter but should i put RON PAUL 2008 or anything to let them know of the contents?

Eponym_mi
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
What should i include on the outside of the letter. I'm addressing it like a normal letter but should i put RON PAUL 2008 or anything to let them know of the contents?

I wouldn't put anything...maybe your return address without name. Better chance that they open it vs sending to the circular file.

Delaware
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Well i have my walking list and im mailing letters to the 500 or so republicans who can vote, so far only about 100 stamps. Im doing it like a norma letter and on the outside i have...

FIRST NAME LAST NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP
PERSONS NAME
ADDRESS
CITY,STATE ZIP

What should i include/not include?

RPinUptownChi
01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
make sure the address is handwritten if u have the time, people will be less likely to pitch it...make it seem like a letter you would not mind opening, i think that's a good guide...