PDA

View Full Version : My inspiration= Rp with this song played at the winners platform

Dave Wood
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Toby keith "How do you like me now"

"how do you like me now, now that I`m on my way, do you still think I`m crazy standin here today???"

powerful stuff, in our case against the man and his media entourage.

It keeps me going everyday, who of us wouldnt want to say "how do you like PRESIDENT RON PAUL now !!!??"

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I just wish Keith hadn't been such a Iraqi war fan boy.

His songs were played to the point of nausea in the halls of the Pentagon, hell, he even came by for a VIP visit.

I must be truthful, I tend to lump Keith in with Darryl Worley, who brought us such lyrics as:

Chorus
Have you forgotten, how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten, when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside goin through a livin hell
And you say we shouldn't worry bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

You took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbin for you and me
It'll just breed anger is what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country just out lookin' for a fight
Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say right.

So, Keith rates lower on my list of collaborators in the great lie, but still.

How bout a song from the Dixie Chicks instead?

Dave Wood
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I just wish Keith hadn't been such a Iraqi war fan boy.

His songs were played to the point of nausea in the halls of the Pentagon, hell, he even came by for a VIP visit.

I must be truthful, I tend to lump Keith in with Darryl Worley, who brought us such lyrics as:

Chorus
Have you forgotten, how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten, when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside goin through a livin hell
Have you forgotten?

You took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbin for you and me
It'll just breed anger is what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country just out lookin' for a fight
Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say right.

So, Keith rates lower on my list of collaborators in the great lie, but still.

How bout a song from the Dixie Chicks instead?

love Dixie chicks but what song? Ready to run? some days gotta dance? travelin soldier?

Nothing says f-you, you said I couldnt do it and now here I stand!

Any Ideas----I am open but for now Toby Keith (right or wrong) is inspiring with the in your face George Steph. How do you like me NOW!

micahnelson
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Have you forgotten?

I don't know. This song could aptly be applied in the question to our administration's insistence that Bin Laden is a non issue in the overall war on terror. Have they forgotten? Why do they ignore what his organization did to this country by allowing him safe haven in Pakistan?

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't know. This song could aptly be applied in the question to our administration's insistence that Bin Laden is a non issue in the overall war on terror. Have they forgotten? Why do they ignore what his organization did to this country by allowing him safe haven in Pakistan?

I found it deceitful, though. That particular Worley song was used many times in the Army Operations Center multimedia room as a background audio for official briefs and presentations.

And Worley came by for a guided tour.

The song was used aimed at those who were against the War in Iraq, essentially accusing them of "forgetting" what happened. Also, no one that I recall was saying we should forget about Bin Laden. Saddam maybe, but not Bin Laden.

The lie became even more apparent to those paying attention, when the search for Bin Laden was sent down the memory hole. No one seemed to care about the obvious disconnect between the words of the song and reality.

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 09:15 PM
love Dixie chicks but what song? Ready to run? some days gotta dance? travelin soldier?

Nothing says f-you, you said I couldnt do it and now here I stand!

Any Ideas----I am open but for now Toby Keith (right or wrong) is inspiring with the in your face George Steph. How do you like me NOW!

Dave, you're right, if it's a good song it shouldn't matter the person behind it.

I have always liked Lennon's song Imagine, I just never interpreted it to mean the way some do, but I can entirely see their point, but still find the song emotionally appealing.

inibo
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Dave, you're right, if it's a good song it shouldn't matter the person behind it.

I have always liked Lennon's song Imagine, I just never interpreted it to mean the way some do, but I can entirely see their point, but still find the song emotionally appealing.

I don't know, I'm still awfully partial to

So take these words and sing out loud
'cause everyone is forgiven now
'cause tonight's the night the world begins again