PDA

View Full Version : ***PA Petition Period Starts Today***

brandon
01-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Starting today we have a 3 week period to collect the requisite signatures to

A) Get Paul on the ballot.

B) Get all of our delegates on the ballot.

We need roughly 4000 signatures from registered republicans to get Paul on the ballot.

We need roughly 500 signatures PER DELEGATE to get them on the ballot.

The signatures can only be collected by registered republicans.

We can use all the help we can get. If you are in PA and want to help but dont know how to get started, please post in this thread or send me a PM.

These late states are going to be our strength. Other candidates dont have money to get these operations going in the late states, and they dont have grassroots to do it for free. Please help us!

Sarge
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Mods,

Please put a sticky on this thread. Very important they get this accomplished. They need help fast.

DirtMcGirt
01-22-2008, 03:52 PM
bump

DealzOnWheelz
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
bump

gerryb
01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Can you explain this process? Can it be the same 500 people for each delegate? Does it have to be regional/district based?

Who is co-ordinating this?

RonPaulCult
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I am a PA resident but I live abroad. I am doubtful that I would be able to mail it in. But my parents are in PA and registered republicans. Please PM me and I will give you their info if you want to use their sigs.

brandon
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Can you explain this process? Can it be the same 500 people for each delegate? Does it have to be regional/district based?

Who is co-ordinating this?

We have 19 congressional districts. Each CD elects 3 delegates and 3 alternates on the day of the primary. We are running 3-6 delegates in each district. The delegates are unpledged and can vote for whoever they want at the national convention, regaqrdless of which candidate wins the PA primary.

You can only circulate a petition for the CD you live in. For example, I am running as a delegate in CD 1. That means I need to find 500 registered republicans in CD1 who will sign for me. Only other registered republicans who live in district 1 can help me circulate these petitions.

A person can sign an unlimited amount of delegate petitions, but only for delegates in the district they live in.

We should have plenty of people to collect the sigs to get Paul on the ballot, but we really need help with collecting the sigs for the delegates.

gerryb
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
We have 19 congressional districts. Each CD elects 3 delegates and 3 alternates on the day of the primary. We are running 3-6 delegates in each district. The delegates are unpledged and can vote for whoever they want at the national convention, regaqrdless of which candidate wins the PA primary.

You can only circulate a petition for the CD you live in. For example, I am running as a delegate in CD 1. That means I need to find 500 registered republicans in CD1 who will sign for me. Only other registered republicans who live in district 1 can help me circulate these petitions.

A person can sign an unlimited amount of delegate petitions, but only for delegates in the district they live in.

We should have plenty of people to collect the sigs to get Paul on the ballot, but we really need help with collecting the sigs for the delegates.

Excellent. Is there any co-ordination at this point? Are RP delegates already selected for each district?

I know some people in Harrisburg and elsewhere who would probably be down for collecting signatures for their slate of delegates.

brandon
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Excellent. Is there any co-ordination at this point? Are RP delegates already selected for each district?

I know some people in Harrisburg and elsewhere who would probably be down for collecting signatures for their slate of delegates.

I only know my area, which is southeast PA, specifically Philly.

Tonight we are having a meeting to kickoff the process. We are expecting over 50 people to attend. We have SE PA covered well. Again, I'm not sure about the rest of the state, but I assume it is being taken care of.

After the meeting tonight I will post more info.

gerryb
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM

Tonight we are having a meeting to kickoff the process. We are expecting over 50 people to attend. We have SE PA covered well. Again, I'm not sure about the rest of the state, but I assume it is being taken care of.

Taken care of by who? That's what I'm trying to find out. I can't point people to this thread and say "Here's what you need to do" ....

brandon
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Taken care of by who? That's what I'm trying to find out. I can't point people to this thread and say "Here's what you need to do" ....

I'll post specific details later tonight, and possibly an instructional video from our meeting.

gerryb
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I'll post specific details later tonight, and possibly an instructional video from our meeting.

Great! Thank you.

gerryb
01-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Found this:
http://www.ronpaulforumpa.com/smf/index.php?topic=444.0

Are you guys co-ordinating with Bill Faust?

BravoSix
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM

I can only speak to CD 10, but we have a full slate of delegates running here. I know of peoplein several other districts who say that they're on top of things.

I was under the impression that you can only sign as many petitions as candidates you can vote for. In other words, in CD 10 we have 4 delegates, so you can vote for up to 4 candidates; therefore you can sign p to 4 petitions.

robert4rp08
01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
If you are in western PA, and would like to help circulate petitions drop me a PM or email please. We only have about 2 weeks left!

AmyPA
01-27-2008, 02:53 PM
CD11 is covered as far as delegates go, but I'm not aware of any running as alternates.

CD17 has 3 delegates, no alternates.

CD19 has all their bases covered.

huckans
01-27-2008, 03:20 PM
We are currently getting signatures for 3 delegates in CD5:
Don D. Golobek
Michael Policelli
John H. Huckans
We are also trying for at least 200 signatures for Paul. Getting sigs for the alternates has been relegated to second priority.

Dr. John H. Huckans, Regional Coordinator

Everyone should coordinate with Bill Faust.

freesoul
02-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Found this:
http://www.ronpaulforumpa.com/smf/index.php?topic=444.0

Are you guys co-ordinating with Bill Faust?

Yes. In CD8 (Bucks Co) we are hoping to have at least 3 delegates and 3 alternates, petitions are on their way in and I do not know current totals but we should be in fine shape.

Bucks County meetup group :cool:

Also I am signed up as a precinct captain in my ward

Go Ron!

mikeycapz
02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
did we get this taken care of? and why on hucks army they say huckabee needs 2000 sigs when we need 5000?

djahn
02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
did we get this taken care of? and why on hucks army they say huckabee needs 2000 sigs when we need 5000?

2000 valid sigs are required. You need to submit at least twice that to assure you have 2000 valid. If Hucks folks submit less then 3000, they will be scrutinized for a potential challenge. PA is notorious for having candidates kicked of the ballot by having signatures voided in legal challenges.

David Jahn