PDA

View Full Version : Smear - RP wants to cut the military size down to 20%

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Some people are saying this as if Ron Paul said it himself.

Somehow I doubt it's true but could anyone prove otherwise?

Shink
01-22-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd take that over cutting the global population down to 20%. Even so, Ron never said that. Sure, the military would over time become smaller and more efficient, but that's not a bad thing. Under a free market, we'll have even more bright people coming up with 'force multipliers' so incredible that having so many grunts would be pointless.

IntruderII
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Oddly, I think it depends on their definition of "military size." Does that mean money spent? Does closing the hundreds of overseas bases mean we are decreasing our military size?

goldstandard
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM

"Some people are saying..." -> Troll alert:eek:

hawks4ronpaul
01-22-2008, 02:47 PM

I would like to see the source and context before responding.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Xenophage
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Uh, we could cut military spending by 80% and not cut a bit of our military out. That's what Ron Paul wants to do. If we brought the troops home, that's what would happen. Stronger military here at home, way less expensive to maintain.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Please cite your source.

swefred
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
I would hope RP cuts the military with at least 50 %. The US military budget is 20 % of the us federal budget. For most civilized countries it is closer to 5 %.
Without cutting the military you can forget closing down the IRS.

Elwar
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
youtube or it didn't happen

Goldwater Conservative
01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
First one has to prove he said this, and second one has to prove this is a bad thing. We could probably still nuke the world ten times over with a military budget one-fifth the size of ours.

Menthol Patch
01-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I support reducing the military to 20% and then arming all US citizens so if anyone ever tries to invade our soil they will have a battle unlike any in history.