PDA

View Full Version : Fred's dead, baby. Fred's dead.

The One
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I wonder if it hurts falling all the way down off that top tier.

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, this whole campaign is getting all Pulp Fictiony, isn't it?

The One
01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, this whole campaign is getting all Pulp Fictiony, isn't it?

I wasn't sure anybody would catch the reference. I feel good now.

2young2vote
01-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Ron better be considered top tier now. He is one of only 5 people left now.

Smiley Gladhands
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
+1 for catching the reference and laughing.

Gadsden Flag
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
This isn't good. Now Thompson's 5-15% of voters are all going to heap on to the other candidates. Ron Paul has to get a higher percentage now in order to compete.

Maz2331
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
This isn't good. Now Thompson's 5-15% of voters are all going to heap on to the other candidates. Ron Paul has to get a higher percentage now in order to compete.

Not all of them. Quite a few Fred-heads hate the other candidates as much or even more than Paul. So it's hard to tell where they will land.

But it does shake things up a lot. I can't see Thompson supporters really wanting to support McCain or Giuliani. Maybe Romney will get a bump from it, but that's hard to read.

freelance
01-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Guys, really, this is no way to wins friends and influence people.

luaPnoR
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I know of four people off hand who said RP was there second choice after Fred. Fred's gone, four more votes for RP! Yeah! I'm sure there will be more.

The One
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Guys, really, this is no way to wins friends and influence people.

It wasn't intended to offend, it was intended to amuse. The "Fred's dead" thing is a reference to a line from Pulp Fiction, and I'm merely pointing out the ridiculousness of the MSM labeling some candidates top tier who have never raised as much money as RP, have frequently come in behind RP in the primaries, and now this one had to drop out while RP is still in the race. Yet, RP is still not worthy of the "top tier" designation.

Live Free or Die
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I know of four people off hand who said RP was there second choice after Fred. Fred's gone, four more votes for RP! Yeah! I'm sure there will be more.

Same here. My brother & his wife, my spouse's partner and also CEO & IT guy, and two of my "online friends" were all for Thompson first/ Ron Paul 2nd. With all of them, the only difference was their opinion on Iraq War. (I suspect it's also a bit of Hollywood.) Edit: that's 7 people :)

But we've sent them all a friendly e-mail with our condolences and a couple links to RP's congressional voting record/report card. :D

nate895
01-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I was a Thompson supporter early on, until I was enlightened.