PDA

View Full Version : "The Anti-Christ will be a man of Peace"

jjschless
07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
That is what the Followers of John Hagee are taught to believe.

That is a quote from one of them.

Rapture Ready: The Unauthorized Christians United for Israel Tour (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/rapture-ready-the-unauth_b_57826.html)
By Max Blumenthal

"On July 16, I attended Christians United for Israel's annual Washington-Israel Summit. Founded by San Antonio-based megachurch pastor John Hagee, CUFI has added the grassroots muscle of the Christian right to the already potent Israel lobby. Hagee and his minions have forged close ties with the Bush White House and members of Congress from Sen. Joseph Lieberman to Sen. John McCain. In its call for a unilateral military attack on Iran and the expansion of Israeli territory, CUFI has found unwavering encouragement from traditional pro-Israel groups like AIPAC and elements of the Israeli government.

But CUFI has an ulterior agenda: its support for Israel derives from the belief of Hagee and his flock that Jesus will return to Jerusalem after the battle of Armageddon and cleanse the earth of evil. In the end, all the non-believers - Jews, Muslims, Hindus, mainline Christians, etc. - must convert or suffer the torture of eternal damnation. Over a dozen CUFI members eagerly revealed to me their excitement at the prospect of Armageddon occurring tomorrow."

(Quotes taken from the 4:45 mark)

The Beast, or anti-christ, "He will be one who promoted Peace for many years." Another person stated it simply as "the one who forces Israel into a Peace treaty with the Arabs, it the one who is, you have to watch out for." Max Interjected, "Is the beast." The man responded, "yeah".

How very shrewd. Poison the waters of Peace before they even exist. Dr. Paul would probably fit the profile most especially if he takes office, cuts funding for Israel, thereby forcing them to make Peace.

What is your take on it?

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Self fulfilling prophecies make great religious fodder.

For then shall mighty war be planned
And fire and sword sweep the land.
But those who live the century through
In fear and trembling this will do;
Flee to the mountains and the dens
To bog and forest and wild fens
For storms shall rage and oceans roar,
When Gabriel stands on sea and shore
And when he blows his horn
Old worlds shall die and new be born.

Mesogen
07-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, that blew me away too.

So the person who can bring peace to the middle east is the antichrist.
WOW.:eek:

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, let's join the religious freaks and bring about God's will!

Can't win for losing, or so it seems.

[1 Thessalonians 5] 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

ctb619
07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know if Ron Paul has a scar on his head?

Kregener
07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Ron Paul will NOT bring peace to the Middle East. Chaostan has been at war since the dawn of time, and it will continue to be that way after we are gone.

Ron Paul will just get us militarily out of the cesspool.

And yes, the anti-christ will be perceived as a man of peace.

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Look, we all may be slouching towards Bethlehem, but if the deck is so utterly stacked against us, then one must question why we even bother to wake up each morning and go about our little business?

Revolution9
07-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Peace is a condition arising from war. The AntiChrist is one hegelian dialiectified mofo.. Peekaboo ICU. Games almost over and you lose. It has always been in the cards.

Randy

hard@work
07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Fanaticism is awesome.

richard1984
07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I think that the "peace" we speak of will be like the sort of "peace" in 1984, Brave New World, and other similar works of dystopian fiction.

In other words, it's not the sort of peace that we want. It's the "peace" that those NWO bastards wish to achieve--i.e., only a facade of peace, maintained by a police state and a fascist government.

foofighter20x
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm actually of the mindset that Dr Paul's policy would put Israel in a greater danger of war. Once the Arabs see a Paul administration cut defense spending support to the Israelis, the Arabs will then only be emboldened to attack them.

It's really more likely that a Paul Administration would cause greater strife in the region.

micahnelson
07-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow we are really moving up. Usually people aren't the antichrist until the presidency or at least the nomination.

constituent
07-30-2007, 08:08 PM
I've kinda touched on this once in the "getting the evangelical vote" thread, so I'll spare everyone the rambling. Anyone caring to discuss the issue further please PM me.

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow we are really moving up. Usually people aren't the antichrist until the presidency or at least the nomination.

This is true. After all, if you aren't being demonized you must not be very effective!

briatx
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Globalization is supposed to bring peace, no? No nations, no nationalism, no "war", right?

michaelwise
07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
There is just as much war in Africa as there is in the Middle East. Who's the Antichrist for Africa?

Kuldebar
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Globalization is supposed to bring peace, no? No nations, no nationalism, no "war", right?

You're onto something, I think.

I was raised from a religious stand point to distrust one world government and a cashless society. Also, the mark of the beast was considered to be an identification number...bar code tattoo or a chip.

Yes, crazy stuff, but a man can't choose his upbringing.

But, just maybe that stuff is evil after all.

Makes one think.

aravoth
07-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Fanaticism is awesome.

agreed.

I don't belive in any of this stupid crap. "The Anitchrist", riiiight. Maybe we'll have to take down the anti-buddah next. I'll tell you whats really going on.

A bunch of stupid looney toons all got together one day and said "Hey I got it!" "Lets tell everyone that they'll burn if the don't do what we say!, we'll make ourselves look like we have authority by wearing funny hats and ugly robes, they'll have to believe us!"

And so, 2000 years later, the stories got warped, twisted, used to make money, and finally people began to really beilve in them. So one day a man comes along who becomes a born again christian, knows all about Prophecies of the Bible. Becomes president, and after re-engaging in the war his father started, he, at some level, began to think that he has a role to play in the "final battle". So he protects Isreal, and attacks 2 countries, and is at this very moment trying to force another country's hand. There is no Godly prince in shining armor coming to save us all, and there is no dark legion awaiting it's moment to strike.

So what is there? There are stupid people that turn these stories into self fulfilling prohecies, then everyone else takes a step back and says "Holy Shit!" Because it's happening as it was foretold. Funny thing is though. I'd bet real money that if end times prophecies didn't exist, none of this shit would be happening now. Becuase no one would know about them, and so no one could uncounciously force them to happen.

People can keep waiting to be saved, I don't care, keep beliveing that god will hit the reset button. I'll laugh at everyone when we are all in the gulags, microchipped, and fighting over scraps of food. In the end, you are the only one that can save yourself. Period.

Just my opinion.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
07-30-2007, 11:02 PM
There is just as much war in Africa as there is in the Middle East. Who's the Antichrist for Africa?

Oprah, obviously.

nexalacer
07-30-2007, 11:29 PM
agreed.

I don't belive in any of this stupid crap. "The Anitchrist", riiiight. Maybe we'll have to take down the anti-buddah next. I'll tell you whats really going on.

A bunch of stupid looney toons all got together one day and said "Hey I got it!" "Lets tell everyone that they'll burn if the don't do what we say!, we'll make ourselves look like we have authority by wearing funny hats and ugly robes, they'll have to believe us!"

And so, 2000 years later, the stories got warped, twisted, used to make money, and finally people began to really beilve in them. So one day a man comes along who becomes a born again christian, knows all about Prophecies of the Bible. Becomes president, and after re-engaging in the war his father started, he, at some level, began to think that he has a role to play in the "final battle". So he protects Isreal, and attacks 2 countries, and is at this very moment trying to force another country's hand. There is no Godly prince in shining armor coming to save us all, and there is no dark legion awaiting it's moment to strike.

So what is there? There are stupid people that turn these stories into self fulfilling prohecies, then everyone else takes a step back and says "Holy Shit!" Because it's happening as it was foretold. Funny thing is though. I'd bet real money that if end times prophecies didn't exist, none of this shit would be happening now. Becuase no one would know about them, and so no one could uncounciously force them to happen.

People can keep waiting to be saved, I don't care, keep beliveing that god will hit the reset button. I'll laugh at everyone when we are all in the gulags, microchipped, and fighting over scraps of food. In the end, you are the only one that can save yourself. Period.

Just my opinion.

Absolutely.

Also, my favorite part of the first section of Zeitgeist is talking about how the end of the world is a mistranslation of a Hebrew (or was it Greek?) word that means Eon or Age. So the end of the world is just the end of the cosmic age of Pieces. Jesus was the representative of that age... look for the fish! So in the end, the bible is just an allegory for the natural movement of the stars and the sun. WOWOW the FOUR HORSEMEN are coming.... or the sun is moving into the Age of Aquarius. *shrug*

akalucas
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Some prophecies of the Bible I can see how they can be fulfilled by means of self-fulfilling prophecy, but a lot of them cannot since they deal not with individuals or small groups but whole nations. For instance Daniel predicted the major empires which would occur after Babylon and even predicted how long the Roman Empire would last. Revelation even predicts that its religion what is behind the one world government.

Heres A video for anyone that want to see that deals with the antichrist, government and prophecy. I recommend you start it 31 minutes into it to get to the good stuff.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4959110838223046399

Heres the summary of it provided by a website and google:

"There is no salvation for civilization, or even the human race, other than the creation of a world government." - Albert Einstein . Megiddo I: The March to Armageddon explores Bible prophecy concerning the last day empire prophesied in the Old and New Testaments. This documentary features never-before-seen interviews with some of the leading researchers on the subject. Megiddo I reveals how God uses prophecy to prove His existence and to separate Himself from all others that claim His authority. This informative documentary also chronicles startling quotes from powerful men of history who have spoken of the need for world government to further the cause of peace. But what does the Bible say about "world peace" and its consequence for mankind? Seen through the lens of prophecy, What is the significance of World War I and II? Were these birth pangs to prepare the nations for World War III and Armageddon? "...the end of all things is at hand..."

akalucas
07-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Here's some audio that talks about problems with zeitgeist movie.

part 1
http://running.biblepacesetter.org/mp3/zeitgeist_1.mp3

part 2
http://running.biblepacesetter.org/mp3/zeitgeist_2.mp3

part 2
http://running.biblepacesetter.org/mp3/zeitgeist_3.mp3

oldpaths1611
07-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Some prophecies of the Bible I can see how they can be fulfilled by means of self-fulfilling prophecy, but a lot of them cannot since they deal not with individuals small groups but whole nations. For instance Daniel predicted the major empires which would occur after Babylon and even predicted how long the Roman Empire would last. Revelation even predicts that its religion is what is behind the one world government. "

Thanks for standing up for the word of God. I haven't had much time at all to be on here lately, but it's obvious that the antagonism and outright hatred for all things Christian hasn't subsided at all on this Forum. Biblical prophesies are being fulfilled all around us and yet most are too blind to see. Anyway, thanks again.

intuit
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
You will know them by there fruits..uh... GWB spiritual leaders Ted Haggards and such.. What if we try to create heaven on earth.. anyone who promotes WAR is Anti...Christ.....Ron Paul is our mustard seed!!

Wendi
07-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Reinstating a policy of non-intervention is a far cry from "forcing a peace treaty" IMHO.