PDA

View Full Version : Who gets Fred's support?

Jesubub
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Where does most of Fred's support go?

gaazn
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
to RP of course. Thompson is like the uncommitted option when you don't like any of the other ones.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I think it will be split by pretty much everyone... except Giuliani.

bp2519
01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
We are cleary too biased to answer this ... :)

tamor
01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many think Thompson's voters will go to McCain -- maybe we should post the "vets against McCain" videos on their forums -- is this a good or bad idea?

daikonv
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
He supported McCain in the election vs Bush in 2000. My guess is that he'll support McCain again unfortunately.

liberteebell
01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Fredheads have more in common with us that with the other candidates. If we can get them to understand that RP is for a strong national defense, we can bring them on.

But we aren't going to do it by calling them idiots and screaming in their faces.

GHoeberX
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
The most radical evangelist will go to Huckabee; the rest should come join us :D

But since McCain and Fred are good friends; it's likely Fred will endorse McCain :/

steph3n
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Fredheads have more in common with us that with the other candidates. If we can get them to understand that RP is for a strong national defense, we can bring them on.

But we aren't going to do it by calling them idiots and screaming in their faces.
you are correct if they do support Paul they will probably be ashamed to admit it due to some of the supporters as bad as that is :(

indivi
01-22-2008, 02:29 PM
For Fred supporters who are actually educated about the candidates and the issues, Paul is far and away the most logical candidate for them to shift their support to. However, I think it's pretty likely that most of them aren't informed about Paul. We've got our work cut out for us.

Roadrcr
01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I polled myself once and I won every debate ! =)

SovereignMN
01-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Here's my complete guess:

40% will go to McCain. These will be people who care primarily with the war and national security issues.
20% will go to Ron Paul. These will be people who are pro-gun and want to crack down on illegal immigration. Some of these will also be pro-life, State Rights supporters and good 'ol Southern boys who liked Thompson because he was one of them.
15% will go to Mike Huckabee. These will be primarly pro-life evangelicals.
5% Mitt Romney and Rudy will split this
20% will stay home. They will convince themselves that Ron Paul has no chance and neither of the top 3 are "true conservatives".

Jesubub
01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Consider who he ripped on the least, and that may be the answer. (Paul doesn't count because he was ignored.)

RickyJ
01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
We are cleary too biased to answer this ... :)

Yes we are too biased to answer this. But over at FreeRepublic.com, the main site backing Fred for President they are mostly going for Romney now. Check out the thread http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1957764/posts

majinkoola
01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I really think Romney is going to gain a lot more support than people expect. At least this is what I've been hearing from the couple Fred supporters I know. I'll bet nearly everyone who supports Fred is pro-life, against amnesty, and fiscally conservative. That eliminates Giuliani, McCain, and Huck. They should go to Paul, of course, but I think they'll go to Romney.