PDA

View Full Version : Who's Next? Rudy or Huckabee?

bp2519
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Who's going to drop out next?

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
ghoul

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Ghoul.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Both are out after Feb 5.

-lotus-
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
ghoul first, or both after super tuesday hopefully

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Guiliani.

10's of millions spent, zero delegates :)

PaultheSaint
I think huck is in for a bit. Ghoul should have been out right after NV and SC.

EotS
9ui11iani will drop out when he doesn't win Florida. He's pinned all his hopes on that state.

The Huckster will stay in it until Super Tuesday, running on fumes until then.

Shink
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Huckabee. He isn't going to do squat in Florida, and he'll have to drop. Giuliani will get the scripted win in FL, and will be dangling by a ball hair.

-lotus-
01-22-2008, 02:04 PM
naa i dont think ghoul even place in the top 3 in floriday.

Eponym_mi
01-22-2008, 02:04 PM
The Ghoul might drop right away if he loses bad in Florida, but I think they'll both drop out for sure after Feb 5. I'm not sure that this would be a good thing. I don't think RP would attract Ghoul supporters, but some Huck supporters might be possible, IF they think RP is electable. RP's long term viability is going to be key here, so, he'll really have to turn up the heat on McCain and Romney.

fuzzybekool
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Ghouliani already hinted in interviews over the weekend that if he isn't 1st place in Florida by a good margin, he is out.

Huckabee has pulled all national ads. He is broke. Can the Chuck Norris effect help him any longer?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Florida is too close to Feb 5 to cause people to drop out. Ghoul and Huck will ride out Feb 5, then bow out "gracefully" before their "brands" are damaged.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Ghouliani already hinted in interviews over the weekend that if he isn't 1st place in Florida by a good margin, he is out.

I call BS on this. Unless he gets totally crushed, he int's going to pull out of states like NY and California. Why would he????

dante
01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Ghoul has no money left after FL... and he is already behind in the polls in what should be his home turf of NY & NJ. He will bow out if he doesn't win FL. And at this point i'm betting its McCain and Romney in the top two in FL... and with Ghouliani tanking, Huckabee out of cash, and Thompson dropping out... could RP miraculously pull out a 3rd in FL?

pacelli
01-22-2008, 02:16 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I see Giuliani sticking around at least until the convention (which I believe will be brokered). I think this rumor that he is out of funds, based on the press release that he's asked staff to go without pay, is completely unfounded. I believe his critical staff have been paid in advance. I also believe that Ghouliani hasn't even started to campaign.

I hope he drops out-- but he is a slick operator.

bp2519
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I see Giuliani sticking around at least until the convention (which I believe will be brokered). I think this rumor that he is out of funds, based on the press release that he's asked staff to go without pay, is completely unfounded. I believe his critical staff have been paid in advance. I also believe that Ghouliani hasn't even started to campaign.

I hope he drops out-- but he is a slick operator.

I have to disagree. He campaigned hard in both Iowa and New Hampshire but found it convenient to say he was "focusing on later states" only after his terrible poll numbers came back.

dante
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
I have to disagree. He campaigned hard in both Iowa and New Hampshire but found it convenient to say he was "focusing on later states" only after his terrible poll numbers came back.

QFT he spent 2-3x as much time and money in those states as RP. He just couldn't build any traction. So he came up with the convenient excuse that he was holding out for the later states as a way to prolong his campaign. Rudy doesn't have a chance... and hopefully he will tank hard in FL. Here's to Rudy and Huckabee tanking over the next week and a surprise RP 3rd in FL.

nc4rp
01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
when Huck bails alot of his religious supporters may join Paul since hes devout christian.

mwkaufman
01-22-2008, 02:33 PM
The reality is Ron Paul will finish 5th in Florida, and February 5th will be a dogfight between Huckabee/Giuliani/McCain/Romney. I'd expect everyone but Romney to pick up significant delegates on that day.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
The reality is Ron Paul will finish 5th in Florida, and February 5th will be a dogfight between Huckabee/Giuliani/McCain/Romney. I'd expect everyone but Romney to pick up significant delegates on that day.

you're on crack if you think Romney is not going to do well on Feb 5 - aside from Ron, he's the only one with money to run ads in all those states!!

dante
01-22-2008, 02:42 PM

Don't be too sure... I think we can come out of Super Tuesday with 200+ delegates... which is 10% of the total needed... sure we will be behind... but if everything is fractured between Mitt, Mike, Rudy, & McCain... and we have our home state 140 delegate texas coming up... we can continue to make a lot of noise.

Iowa- 2 delegates *(note due to our active caucus delegates we might end up with more than 2)
Nevada 4 delegates *(note due to our active caucus delegates we might end up with more than 4)
Louisiana 47 delegates
Maine 20 delegates... say we get 10 of them
Alaska (where we are polling #1) 29 delegates
Hawaii... caucus... 20 delegates
California has 27 highly democratic congressional districts... we are focusing on them and should be able to win 15 of them = 45 delegates
Montana... caucus 25 delegates say we win 15 of them

Other states that apportion delegates e.g. IL (remember NV since we can campaign everywhere and other candidates can't we have a great shot at picking up lots of 2nds and 3rds) min 40

=210 delegates out of ~1250 so far with another 850 to be decided.

newyearsrevolution08
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
huckabee will,

9ui1ian1 I think will try and do something shady to stay in the race OR he is just doing this to make money somehow. I dont see him as a real candidate and never did. He will drop once he has made enough money from this thing.

Our only candidate to oppose us will be romney and that guy flip flops more then a pancake at ihop so we all know what will happen with him.

Theocrat
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I pray and hope that Giuliani is the next candidate to drop from the race. However, I believe if he wins in Florida this week (and there's a good chance he will), he'll be in this race for much longer than expected. :(

priest_of_syrinx
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
The Crossdresser.

Original_Intent
01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
It's a tough call. I think Thompson dropping helped huckster more than anyone, maybe McCain also.

I think Giuliani will drop before Super Tuesday if he doesn't win or get a VERY strong second in Florida (still no delegates but it might keep him in until Feb 5.)

I think Huck will stay in until Feb 5 and we will see what the delegate situation is at that time.

Synthox
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
It will be Rudy then Huck.

dvictr
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
i hope everyone drops out except for Paul!

Gadsden Flag
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Hmm, I am not sure who will drop. Surely either Huckabee or Rudy. But I would wait till after Super Tuesday if I were them.

Rudy still is doing pretty well in NJ and NY, which have a lot of delegates. Huckabee...Well, I am not so sure if he has a lot of support in other states. I do want them both to stay in and divide the mainstream vote, though. If RP ends up with 10% of the delegates, it will mean a lot more if the frontrunner only has 20% instead of 60%

Gadsden Flag
01-22-2008, 05:52 PM
we have our home state 140 delegate texas coming up... we can continue to make a lot of noise.

I was listening to a Texas radio station earlier today, and they mentioned RP in every news update, every 20 minutes, talking about how he might get a good turnout in the primary in that state.