PDA

View Full Version : 5 Left on the Debate Stage

LiveToWin
01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Paul, McCain, Huck, Romney, Rudy

If Ron doesnt get more time, people are going to notice.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Barring a miracle both Guiliani and Huckabee look to be on the way out too.

Both are BROKE and Guiliani has zero delegates.

And then there were three.....

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 01:53 PM
More time for RP. :)

He's going to own the economy debate.

Jeremy

I doubt Huck will drop out

And he'll probably win a few Super Tuesday states

2young2vote
I don't think huckabee is going to drop out any time soon. I think if ghouliani does bad in florida he may consider it.

IRO-bot
01-22-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018824.html

Don't count your eggs.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Guilini goes next, mainly because he is more disliked in general. I think Huckabee after that. Romney and McCain are our strongest contenders.

Bilgefisher
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Guilini is now behind in the polls in his home state. He's done imo.

Created4
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think huckabee is going to drop out any time soon. I think if ghouliani does bad in florida he may consider it.

Huckabee doesn't have enough cash to sustain a campaign where he is not competing. Look at the latest polling for Florida and New York:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/

Ron Paul is gaining, Huckabee is losing. He will drop out after Super Tuesday, as will Guliani. That leaves 3 left to the convention.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Guilini is now behind in the polls in his home state. He's done imo.

He's not even listed in the New York Times candidates list :)

Zydeco
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I used to be part of the "keep 'em all in so they split to pro-war vote" crowd, but now I think this shakeout is a positive for us. We're down the five candidates for the debate Thursday -- which means more time for Ron to be heard. And the more his message is heard -- especially against the backdrop of a crashing stock market and collapsing dollar -- the better.

realist
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Guiliani's decision point has always been Florida. If he doesn't show some real strength there, he will likely bow out immediaitly thereafter.

Huck may be low on cash but he's in much better shape than we are statistically.

Like everything else in this campaign, this is an opportunity that we will either capitalize on to our benefit, or miss to our detriment. It's only nice that their are less players IF we can capitalize on that and start climbing in position. If we stay in and beat no one, we then become the real caboose.

PaultheSaint
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Great news. I'll starve next month just to fund RP if it just 3 up on stage.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
What happened to Alan Keyes, did he drop out?

IRO-bot
01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Alan Keyes doesn't really count. He doesn't have ballot access in most states. He has no cash.

Mystile
What happened to Alan Keyes, did he drop out?

don't think so, but he's going nowhere.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
Now is the time for them to drop out.

We needed them all this time to stay in so the republican base stays divided. Now that they are divided for good, its time for the neo-cons to drop out to make room for the only serious candidate.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Alan Keyes doesn't really count. He doesn't have ballot access in most states. He has no cash.

Can't believe he hasn't officially dropped out.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Can't believe he hasn't officially dropped out.

He has them EXACTLY where he wants them. You wait and see, the A train is about to pick up some steam.

Jobarra
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I used to be part of the "keep 'em all in so they split to pro-war vote" crowd, but now I think this shakeout is a positive for us. We're down the five candidates for the debate Thursday -- which means more time for Ron to be heard. And the more his message is heard -- especially against the backdrop of a crashing stock market and collapsing dollar -- the better.
You apparently didn't see the caustic exchange that happened at the recent SC Dem debate. It was the Hillary/Obama show and Edwards was sitting in the corner. I really do wish he would get equal time, but I have a feeling that Romney and McCain will keep attacking each other and thus getting all the response time. I have a feeling the debates aren't about answering the questions nowadays, but rather getting more response time than the other candidates as a false indicator of 'legitimacy'

Dave Pedersen
01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
McCain is the short term threat, Romney is the longer term threat. Huckabee and Ghoul matter not at all.

Dr. Ron must present himself as the next president of the United States from here on out. No more granny whining. No more stumbling for the words to say three sentences at the same time.

"My name is Ron Paul and I am the champion of your Social Security"

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM

MIKE HUCKABEE will NEVER quit... HE is without a Doubt, the SLIMIEST, SELFISH, SELF-CENTERED, PLAGIARISTIC PANDERING PREACHER on the PLANET!

PS: HUCK & Ed ROLLINS ARE THIEVES TOO... JUST ASK RON PAUL!

angrydragon
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Keyes is paying his bills. He's not actually running for anything.

Goldwater Conservative
Remember when Paul was one of ten? Now he's one of five, and I bet the trend will continue until he's one of only two, although at that point they might just cancel any future debates.

Azprint
It will be Romney vs. McCain mark my words. Watched democratic debate last night on youtube and Edwards was pretty much ignored. He got some points across, but it seemed like Obama vs Hillary, with 15 minutes given to retarded applauding crowd.

Jobarra
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
It will be Romney vs. McCain mark my words. Watched democratic debate last night on youtube and Edwards was pretty much ignored. He got some points across, but it seemed like Obama vs Hillary, with 15 minutes given to retarded applauding crowd.
At this point Edwards is probably looking for VP with Obama. If the current results happen all year long, it's going to be a brokered convention for Dems as well and I'm thinking Edwards will quickly cut a deal with Obama.