PDA

View Full Version : Could calling radio shows help?

HarbingerOfTruth
01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
One major source for Republicans to get their news is through talk radio. Often, liberals and moderates use it too as a source of news, entertainment, or whatever their heart desires.

Would calling in radio shows (while being intelligent) help do you think? Here is a list of radio show talk hosts:

*Rush Limbaugh: 1-800-282-2882 (1-3 PM)

*Sean Hannity: 1-800-941-SEAN (7326) (3-6 PM)

*Michael Savage: (800) 449-TALK (5 - 8PM)

Mark Levin: 1-877-381-3811 (6-8PM)

Laura Ingraham: 800-876-4123 (9-11PM)

Alan Colmes: 1-877-367-2526 (10-1PM, note that being as it's on FOX news station, a lot of conservatives listen. He accepts a lot of callers).

*Rush ranks first among listeners, Sean 2nd, Savage, 3rd.

Marc3579
01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Could but, this again is a double edged sword. I say this because, they all use call screeners. If you sound like an idiot, they'll allow you on, then only mock you. If you come off sounding wise and intelligent...they'll still cut you off, or mock you on air. It's taking a step in to the lions den...

HarbingerOfTruth
01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Could but, this again is a double edged sword. I say this because, they all use call screeners. If you sound like an idiot, they'll allow you on, then only mock you. If you come off sounding wise and intelligent...they'll still cut you off, or mock you on air. It's taking a step in to the lions den...

I'm a long time listener to talk radio. And I am sure Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes, and several others will listen you out. The ones I am a bit worried about are Mark Levin and Mike Savage.

Marc3579
01-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I listen to Hannity, don't listen to Rush. G. Gordon Liddy is on in my area at his time. I've heard that if you're a R.P. supporter good luck getting on his show also. He's a Fredhead, I heard that direct from one or two producers within Radio America. Savage I've never had the displeasure of suffering through though.

HarbingerOfTruth
01-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I listen to Hannity, don't listen to Rush. G. Gordon Liddy is on in my area at his time. I've heard that if you're a R.P. supporter good luck getting on his show also. He's a Fredhead, I heard that direct from one or two producers within Radio America. Savage I've never had the displeasure of suffering through though.

My suggestion would be, say anything to get on the air. I have done that before. Rarely are the hosts told why you called, and if they say "I thought you were going to call about this" just say screener must of confused you with someone else.

rmholla
01-23-2008, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't waste your time with those major shows, they are basically blacking Ron Paul out. But go after your LOCAL talk shows and you will hit GOLD.

Local media is much easier to tackle and is probably more effective at getting your point across.

-

cheese
01-23-2008, 01:40 AM
if you're honest, and polite, and manage not to get in an argument, yes. Just state the facts. don't try to persuade the host.

akijikan
01-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Actually Glenn Beck ranks 3rd.