PDA

View Full Version : An outrageously powerful ticket....

Jaykzo
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Something like this would make this election one of the biggest successes in U.S. history.

Imagine Hillary wins the D nomination, and Ron Paul misses out on the R nomination. Paul goes independent, and asks Obama to be his vice president. Now I know they are worlds apart in terms of policy, but they both have massive support. They are both very capably of capturing the imagination of voters and getting people excited about politics.

This would be an UNSTOPPABLE ticket. With the amount of support Obama already has, and with the golden message that Ron Paul has, there would be on overwhelming victory for a Paul/Obama ticket.

Why would Obama settle with being VP? Because after being the VP for 8 years of the most efficient and productive administration in recent history, he would be the instant favorite for prez in 2016.

I know its speculative and highly unlikely, but imagine if it actually happened! It would change the world as we know it! I'm sure some of you would say that Barack would make a terrible vice president, but I have to believe that Paul and Obama would work together to make things function properly. And with Paul and the captains chair, Obama would be a bit obligated to change his liberal tendancies a bit.

JMann
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I think I would prefer he just put Karl Marx on the ticket instead of one of his followers.

junior_bacon_cheeseburger
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I think I would prefer he just put Karl Marx on the ticket instead of one of his followers.

yeah, no kidding, how about we give them more incentive to "remove" dr. paul in favor of an elitist slave who would sell us all to death and torture so he can eat from the scraps of Rockefeller's table.

Dustancostine
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Believe it or not a Paul/Huckabee ticket would be pretty imposing. The Ron Paul Revolution plus the Huck's Religious Army.

hueylong
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Kind of early for VP talk. Don't you think?

EvilNight
01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Yuck. To ALL of the above.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Believe it or not a Paul/Huckabee ticket would be pretty imposing. The Ron Paul Revolution plus the Huck's Religious Army.

No way I am not gay and do not even have any close gay friends but any guy that compares gays to pediphile or beastiality is just sick in book and want him no where close to the oval office

mczerone
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Why would Obama settle with being VP? Because after being the VP for 8 years of the most efficient and productive administration in recent history, he would be the instant favorite for prez in 2016.

I know its speculative and highly unlikely, but imagine if it actually happened! It would change the world as we know it! I'm sure some of you would say that Barack would make a terrible vice president, but I have to believe that Paul and Obama would work together to make things function properly. And with Paul and the captains chair, Obama would be a bit obligated to change his liberal tendancies a bit.

While I can support this ticket for the short term - though I don't know if I'm ready to concede 2016 to Obama.

Jaykzo
01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Who knows, maybe 8 years under a Paul presidency will influence Obama a bit.

I'm just saying it would be an unstoppable ticket, an easy out to the White House. There would have to be enormous compromises between the two, though, and those could get ugly.

And to mczerone-, I think its pretty likely that Obama (if he loses) would run against Hillary in 2012, and run again in 2016, so either way there is a good chance that he may one day become our president.

flower
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
what really scares me is a clinton/obama ticket.

werdd
01-22-2008, 03:07 PM
how about no. and no.

Original_Intent
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Huck would make the perfect veep for RP. I mean he could be the George Bush 1 to Ron Paul's Reagan. Oh wait ...

Jae0
what really scares me is a clinton/obama ticket.

They'd have to stop arguing long enough to agree on something.

Dave Pedersen
Ron Paul can not and will not ticket with CFR. Forget it.

nayjevin
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Obama would lose the elitist support immediately if he were to give consideration to such an affair. He is in lockstep with elitist agenda, don't let him fool you. Opportunist willing to pander to special interest to gain the limelight and legacy of the highest office.

Ron Paul would not ask Obama to be his vice. The ticket, were it created out of thin air, would indeed win the presidency in a fair election, but this is purely a 'what if' game. Could not happen.

nayjevin
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
P.S. I think it's hilarious that people consider Obama to be a great speaker and all that -- he's got a speech impediment, has no original thoughts, no substance whatsoever, appeals to emotion rather than reason, and reads speeches straight from a piece of paper. His speech writers are slightly better than average, I would say, and his delivery is slightly better than average. But compare his speeches to a truly good speaker like MLK and he looks like Corky from Life Goes On.