PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed the subtle shift?

Bilgefisher
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
It seems lately that there has been more and more positive mentions of Ron Paul in the media. Yes I know fox news continued its smear campaign and the NY times left him off of the results for Nevada. NY times retracted after the very nice documentary email and Fox news actually put out a decent article today.

He had an excellent interview the other day. He's been brought up on financial websites and shows more times then we can count. All I can say is keep up the pressure folks. One piece at a time we are starting to chip away at this granite wall. They are starting to cave to the pressure. The more positive responses we give to good stories and negative responses we give to bad stories the more likely they are to listen. Eventually we will have worn them down. You break that dam of media stubbornness and it will seem like a flood of Ron Paul stories coming in.

JenaS62
01-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Yes. I am feeling it big time. Maybe it is the perfect storm. The tide is coming our way.

driller80545
01-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I have also noticed a little less resistance. I seem to feel it in my canvassing also. Its a good fight to win.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Stand Firm no matter what - It is We the People that can make change happen

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I feel it man ! I REALLY feel it.. This economy news couldn't come at a better time.. EVERYBODY KNOWS about the economy troubles on the news !

Now, they will get to know the man who will fix it, and convince america that HE IS THE MAN for the job in the next debate.. This debate is much more of an event than any super bowl ever, for me. I am pumped !!!!

jacmicwag
Yep, they were hoping we would fade away after the first few primaries and the newsletter hit piece. The longer we hang in there, the more our persistence and Ron's message will get noticed.

theantirobot
MSM is just trying to keep the dam from breaking. The less they cover him the more ammo we have against them. They're walking a fine line. They are experts. They've been doing this for nearly a century now.

nc4rp
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
perfect timing too.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe, just maybe they could be in CYA mode?

In anticipation of....revelations to come?

Too much to wish for though.

Broadlighter
01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Ron Paul is the only candidate who has any clue about what to do about the economy.

Reality is working in our favor.

hawks4ronpaul
01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
It seems lately that there has been more and more positive mentions of Ron Paul in the media. Yes I know fox news continued its smear campaign and the NY times left him off of the results for Nevada. NY times retracted after the very nice documentary email and Fox news actually put out a decent article today.

He had an excellent interview the other day. He's been brought up on financial websites and shows more times then we can count. All I can say is keep up the pressure folks. One piece at a time we are starting to chip away at this granite wall. They are starting to cave to the pressure. The more positive responses we give to good stories and negative responses we give to bad stories the more likely they are to listen. Eventually we will have worn them down. You break that dam of media stubbornness and it will seem like a flood of Ron Paul stories coming in.

It helps if we act mainstream.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Akus
01-22-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't see it. I go to yahoo.com and msn.com and, if I were to jusdge the situation by strictly what is going on there, I wouldn't know Ron Paul is even running.

SteveMartin
01-22-2008, 12:59 PM
WilliamC,

That was my thought/hope/prayer as well.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah sometimes I wonder too, but i do see it here, I feel it in the air, I feel proud when I see a sign, bumper sticker, etc. Makes me feel good about and gives me hope for this country.

fuzzybekool
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
This is the perfect time to shine. The war is out of the loop now and the economy is front and center. This is Ron Paul's chance to convince America, he is the Doctor with the remedies to cure our failing economy.

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah sometimes I wonder too, but i do see it here, I feel it in the air, I feel proud when I see a sign, bumper sticker, etc. Makes me feel good about and gives me hope for this country.

Yeah, good way of putting it.. I don't know what it is either.. But I just feel good fortune coming. And I am not talking about money bomb fortune.. I mean fortune and favor for Ron Paul.. I just feel it so strongly.. And I'm not the type to talk about things like that.. I'm always even keel. But I just feel good like some positive energy is in the air for this campaign with good things coming soon.

mczerone
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Yep, they were hoping we would fade away after the first few primaries and the newsletter hit piece. The longer we hang in there, the more our persistence and Ron's message will get noticed.

And they can't re-release the newsletters. They are out of smear, and our logic and freedoms aren't going out of style.

Libertytree
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I work with the public and I am able to wear my RP t-shirts everyday at work, everyday there has been a steady increase in kudo's and questions about RP. I don't know if the tide is turning but I sure notice a definite shift in momentum. As well in my canvassing I should add.

Santana28
01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
well, money talks. perhaps those people behind the media are finally coming to the conclusion that unless the economy is fixed, they wont be around for too much longer. and the only one who can fix the economy, is Ron Paul. DUH!

forgive them, they're just a bit slow ;) hehe

TER
01-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Try and try one might, the truth always is revealed.

acptulsa
01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Maybe it was all those years pulling for the Libertarian party, but I have this creepy feeling they have something up their sleeves.

Don't really think so, though. I have seen a lot of evidence on other blogsites that the general public is seeing through the conspriacy of silence thanks to our determination and perserverence. Wow! Great, great work, people!

Time to shift gears. We of the grass roots have been running a storm the walls effort so far. Now we have to play nice, mainstream style! Damn, will we know how to do it?

One more thing. Just because the media is behaving better doesn't mean the machine will, too. Stay vigilant on the vote counting front! Don't get lulled into a false sense of security! They have as much of a monetary incentive to beat us as ever! They're just changing tactics--count on it.

dblee
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
There could be a simple explanation for why the news stations are so hostile to the likes of Ron Paul and Peter Schiff.

Esentially these two are economic bears. No one likes to hear that they need to eat more vegetables and less cake. Why is it that all the economist talking heads on these financial reports on the news are always so idiotically bullish?

They don't want to spook their advertisers. Low consumer confidence and financial scares means cut backs on advertising.

That's just my guess.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I think we have a lot that can be learned from this movement. For too long we have been isolated from each other, and to some extent I do believe there are some that want things that way for their own agendas. It is WE THE PEOPLE who can make change. I hope we will all Stand Firm regardless of what takes place. Don't be swayed by what seems like bad news, and don't be too complacent or decidedly victorious when you hear "good news." I feel Ron Paul's message is solid and just... one reason why he can do well even when others try to make him look bad
(For Example the debate in SC ) I hope we all will be equally strong and convinced of our mission.

Maltheus
01-22-2008, 01:36 PM
There could be a simple explanation for why the news stations are so hostile to the likes of Ron Paul and Peter Schiff.

Esentially these two are economic bears. No one likes to hear that they need to eat more vegetables and less cake.

It's not just news stations, it's the people in general. People only listen to what they want to hear. They don't want people pulling their fingers out of their ears when they're trying to sing "la, la, la, I can't hear you".

I don't see the networks coming around at all. If anything, the blackout is now a little darker. The turmoil in the markets is our only ally at this point. But that turmoil won't work itself through the consciousness of this country until after Super Tuesday, I'm afraid.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 01:43 PM
" If all things, no matter how great or small, are governed by the way of spirits, miraculous accomplishments beyond comprehension will be achieved. "

Bilgefisher
01-22-2008, 01:52 PM

I agree. Its one of things you can't put your finger on, but you know its there. Some extremely good comments.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Really great to see so many excellent people gathered together !