PDA

View Full Version : Geraghty - NRO's Campaign Spot

Lucille
01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
For What It's Worth, Louisiana Caucuses This Evening (http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZDZmZDg1MTlkMzU5MzNhMDE0MjZjZTlkMGExOWIyNDE=):

So there's this caucus to determine who goes to the state convention, but the actual delegates are uncommitted, unless someone gets 50 percent in a crowded field.

I guess the importance of today depends on how uncommitted those "uncommitted" delegates actually are. If one candidate sweeps tonight, their supporters could stock the Louisiana delegation with supporters when the state convention meets Feb. 16.

The only Republican candidate in Louisiana last night? Ron Paul (http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/22/paul-blames-federal-reserve-for-weak-economy/).

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 12:56 PM
We are very committed. ;)

nc4rp
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
GO Louisiana!!!! 5pm - 8pm TONIGHT!!!!!!!

and thats on fox's site lol, must have slipped through http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/22/paul-blames-federal-reserve-for-weak-economy/

Primbs
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Maybe this will be a turning point.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
We are very committed. ;)

will we even know anything about tonight or is just getting the right people in place but not a candidate actually getting delegates so nothing will be set in stone until your primary? Just curious if we will actually know your hardwork paid off or do we still have to wait

yankee_blue
01-22-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm fairly certain this forum will know everything there is to know. I'll certainly be checking everything out in District 1.

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 01:06 PM
will we even know anything about tonight or is just getting the right people in place but not a candidate actually getting delegates so nothing will be set in stone until your primary? Just curious if we will actually know your hardwork paid off or do we still have to wait

We should have a good idea tonight.. know more for certain tomorrow.
We know who our delegates are... we will have to call the other leaders in other polling areas to get their totals....then piece it all together ourselves.
We need 8 delegates in each district to garuntee victory in each of the 7 disctricts.
We could also win with a plurality in each district depending on how the votes are spread.
We could loose by a million votes and still walk away with more delegates because we are the only ones with a full slate.

Anything can happen... but we've done the things ahead of time to increase our chances for success.. the other campaigns are playing catch-up.

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Update before the first vote is cast.

Ok, check out the delegates ballots here: http://www.lagop.com/

I was moved to alternate because we had 18 delegates and all we needed was 15.
In the alternates race in district 5, we have 15 ron paul alternate delegates on the ballot out of a total of 19 alternates.
Which means.. worse case scenario, we walk away with 11 Alternates in our district.
We've already won 7 alternates in district 2, won unopposed. if only we could have filled all the delegate slots in district 2, but i think that is our worse district. people aren't very involved there.

We've already won 15 alternates in district 3. won unopposed.

We've already won 13 alternates in district 4. won unopposed.

For a total of 46 alternates already won before the voting even starts. (out of 95 alternates total) suppose to be 105 but 10 slots will not be filled because no one ran for them

Melissa
01-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Ok I gave the other person oh my cant think of the screen name starts with a J my cell number and said they would call me and I would psot updates here on the forums

szczebrzeszyn
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok I gave the other person oh my cant think of the screen name starts with a J my cell number and said they would call me and I would psot updates here on the forums

jenninlouisiana ? :) nice, so we'll be up to date! thanks

Melissa
01-22-2008, 01:43 PM
jenninlouisiana ? :) nice, so we'll be up to date! thanks

yes that is the name does anyone know what thier real name is lol I never got that part

torchbearer
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
yes that is the name does anyone know what thier real name is lol I never got that part

Jen or Jennifer
I'm Brent. We will be at the same caucus tonight.