PDA

View Full Version : Can Ron Paul really beat Hillary?

agaiziunas
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I love kids.. so honest, showing their opinions without sugar coating them. :-)

Yesterday's democratic debates had a lengthy conversation about how Hillary vs. Obama could beat John McCain... but do you really think she could beat Ron Paul?

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8720/hillaryblackkidax9.jpg

VS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/01/21/PH2008012101811.jpg

JohnnyWrath
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
God....I HATE Hillary so much....she represents everything that is wrong with our government.

Shink
That's so funny--that's like my little boy, he'll grab at your face and open mouth kiss you, lol.

Yes. Billary is widely known as a goddamn fake, and you know Bill would go even further off the edge if Ron becomes a direct, immediate threat. I could see Bill cussing on camera over it.

ShowMeLiberty
No way. No freakin' way would Hillary beat RP.

My son turned 18 yesterday. For his entire life there has been either a Bush or a Clinton in the White House. This is no longer acceptable to a LOT of people - Dems included.

Akus
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
There is absolutely no way Hillary can beat Ron Paul. Mike Gravel is the only candidate that I consider standing a legitimate chance against him. But, with the way Mike is doing, I'm sure that will not be an issue.

quantized
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
do not underestimate the formidable clinton machine. and not forgetting her secret deadly weapon "the pre-primary tear" will draw droves of women votes!

i say we have higher chance winning against obama than clinton.

evadmurd
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
YES! It won't be easy because of the Clinton machine, but it will take national security off of the table for the most part and allow the debate center on the economy (which includes EVERYTHING else)....something Hillary isn't very good on. No other republican can do that. She will WIN a debate on national security and the war.

hawks4ronpaul
God....I HATE Hillary so much....she represents everything that is wrong with our government.

That Hillary image is in the Caption Contest thread ( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54284 )
and here is yet another thread for funny Hillary images: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=93761

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Grandson of Liberty
I think he's the ONLY one who can beat Hillary Clinton.

My son turned 18 yesterday. For his entire life there has been either a Bush or a Clinton in the White House. This is no longer acceptable to a LOT of people - Dems included.

Wow. Come next January it will be 20 full years of Bush/Clinton. I shudder to think of the possiblilty of 8 years of Hillary, + 8 years of Jeb, and heck by then Chelsea will be old enough to run- let's tack on another 8 for that! :eek:

Akus
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
do not underestimate the formidable clinton machine. and not forgetting her secret deadly weapon "the pre-primary tear" will draw droves of women votes!

i say we have higher chance winning against obama than clinton.

while there's still enough idiots that believe that Hillary shed a genuine emotion that day, the very name - Hillary Clinton, has stigma attached to it. Sure some will say that Ron Paul is an isolationist or a libertarian or a crazy, but I'll take his stigma over that of Hillary's any day.

phixion
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Hillary is pretty limited when it comes to intellect and debates.

She couldn't come up with any of the one-liners Ron Paul has when defending his positions.

She can't actually think at all, she just spits rhetoric. That's no good when Ron is thinking on the spot and pointing out all of the flaws in her policy - she has no defense. She can't think quick enough, unlike our man.

"No, I'm saying we take our marching orders from the constitution"

People will see Hillary for what she is when stood next to Ron Paul. He will shine like a bright light, and Hillary will stuff-up big-time in an anxious panic knowing what mind she's up against.

Pete

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I think he's the ONLY one who can beat Hillary Clinton.

Wow. Come next January it will be 20 full years of Bush/Clinton. I shudder to think of the possiblilty of 8 years of Hillary, + 8 years of Jeb, and heck by then Chelsea will be old enough to run- let's tack on another 8 for that! :eek:

:eek:

Of course, there may not be much of a country left after 8 years of Hillary!

Dibold
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Ron Paul can beat Hillary if he makes it to the general.

But he won't. The primaries are much, much easier to rig than the general elections.

acptulsa
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
No way. No freakin' way would Hillary beat RP.

I agree and I think this (and the fact that Clinton is really starting to show her disingenuous nature) are why Obama would be harder to beat.

Remember who began running on a platform of change first. It wasn't Obama.

I also think Dibold has a point when he says that the primaries are easier to rig. This fact that Paul is the G.O.P. candidate most likely to win the general is completely dependent on him, in fact, being the candidate. We have much to do in terms of overseeing elections, making our message more and more positive, and campaigning at the grass roots--much.

The general is nothing to worry about, I don't think. It certainly won't matter if we don't do our jobs now!

hillertexas
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Does anyone have that pic of Bush with the kid looking at him like Hillary?...i can't find the original thread.

bolidew
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
RP really can because he has true grassroot supports!

Truth Warrior
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Electing Hillary is really a 3rd term for Bubba.<IMHO> She is merely a shill, straw man and stalking horse.

Dibold
01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I also think Dibold has a point when he says that the primaries are easier to rig.

Yes, yes they are. 6 or 7 candidates on one side, versus 1v1. Much, much easier to rig things and much, much harder for anyone to notice.

And anyone who thinks vote fraud does not go on is deluding themselves because they don't want to face the cold hard truth that evil does go on in this world. Vote fraud, does not have to go on in a large-scale to influence an election.

There are - how many precincts, independently counting votes in this country... A million or two precincts? How many people, counting the votes? And let's be honest with ourselves - if you were counting votes, and knew you had the power to easily change the results to your favor, would you? I'm a good, honest person, but even I'll admit I would be very tempted to change the votes around in favor of the candidate I like.

It only takes a few precincts out of those hundred thousand or millions of them with vote fraud to change the results for an entire state - and it only takes one state to change the election.

Redmenace
01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope Hillary does win the Dem Nomination. Should would push alot of Indies and Dems to RP. She is so polarizing, you either love her or hate her and polls show the 50% of Dems cant stand her.

Dibold
01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh and to an earlier poster, the diebold company is not the problem. They don't rig their machines, their machines just suck and can be rigged.

I work for the Israeli-based company (they hire US citizens for lower spots on the food chain) that counted the votes in Iowa. I know what goes on.

You can all continue donating to ron paul, or voting in online polls, or voting for ron paul in the elections even, but it's not going to help Ron Paul, unless you all stand up, protest, and change the way elections are held and the way votes are counted in this country.

Broadlighter
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Put Ron Paul on a debate stage with Hillary and the American public will get a real dose of principled-statesmen vs. corrupt politician.

It's a no-brainer, unless most American voters really have no brains.

Given that Ron Paul gets the GOP Nomination, the MSM will have no choice, but to give him real coverage. His message will reach many more people and the differences between him and Hillary will be very apparent to everyone.

The issue that will challenge Ron Paul against Hillary the most is the abortion issue. He can win that debate by advocating the idea that a pro-choice decision at the federal level also justifies a pro-life decision at the federal level.

You'll also see lots of Ron Paul supporters at Hillary's public appearances and there'll be more calls for Ron Paul to call off the dogs. Ron's response will be, 'I'm not going to tell my supporters what to do.'

I don't see Hillary beating Ron Paul. I have more concern about Barack Obama and John Edwards than Hillary.