PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany! Official Campaign Song should be: Theme from ROCKY

wfd40
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Here me out...

America loves an underdog... the press.. loves an underdog... Ron Paul.. is an underdog with the courage and conviction and determination to go the distance just like Rocky.

WE JUST NEED TO SPELL IT OUT TO THEM... having Rocky's theme as the official campaign song would totally 'change' the frame with which the MSM has painted Dr. Paul thus far...

People would begin to connect Dr. Paul..to the potential of ROCKY and not with the 'fringe, crazy, longshot' that has no chance.. after all, everyone said the same of Balboa when he started training for the big fight!

Anyways, just sort of hit me.. this has probably been brought up before. But IMO, we/HQ need to start "shaping" the discussion about Dr. Paul. Giving the MSM the rocky angle would be VERY DIFFICULT to combat because people are so connected to the image and symbolism Balboa's struggle demonstrates.

randomname
01-22-2008, 12:16 PM
lol

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
didn't Rocky lose in the first movie? :confused:

JohnnyWrath
01-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Is he going to run up those steps like in the movie?

wfd40
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM

lolz

"TIE"

againt apollo creed aka OBAMA

;)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
yes!!

HarbingerOfTruth
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3alkwXgp9_M

Lol

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Two things would make the song really work....

1. Tie the idea of beating all the odds to not just Ron Paul, but to America itself, i.e. fixing the economy, repairing our reputation in the world, etc.

2. Get Sylvester Stallone to endorse RP

:D

Rahl
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM

think rocky 3

rocky was beaten down (by the media in our case), made a comeback and defeats mister t (obama?) :)

wfd40
01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Two things would make the song really work....

1. Tie the idea of beating all the odds to not just Ron Paul, but to America itself, i.e. fixing the economy, repairing our reputation in the world, etc.

2. Get Sylvester Stallone to endorse RP

Great points...

Of course, this would require rather deft handling by HQ.. the kind of stuff usually seen in the Obama/Hilary camps (re: strict control of the message). Paul would also need a speech that refers to stuff.. or perhaps a new commercial for youTube that could go super-viral.

newmedia4ron
01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
boo

homah
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Which Rocky movie are we talking about? If it's Rocky I, Paul is going to lose to Obama. Let's make it EYE OF THE TIGER from Rocky IV instead. "They stack the odds till we take to the street" WOOOOOOO

PlaytoWin
01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I like it! I sent an email out a month ago with a youtube video of Rocky II with Ron Paul stuff. The clip is of the last minute when Rocky wins and the Rocky theme song kicks in as the announcer goes: Rocky Balboa has shocked the world!!!!"