PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul could lose the election and win the war

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
If worse comes to worse, and the establishment good old in-boys keeps Ron Paul from running a right election, if financial matters keeps on souring, he may just end up causing a massive slaughter of incumbents and non-fiscal conservatives this election.

That would be great :)

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
//

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Just so long as this grassroots campaign support turns into a real Ron Paul coalition his influence will continue to rise even if he loses the Presidential race.

Akus
01-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Ron Paul will go back to Congress and will keep pushing bills he has always pushed. I suggest we bother the heck out of our state reps to help him make whatever he passes, true.

dshields
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Indeed. On the end of the day, if we can't get Ron Paul in office, I would gladly settle for a beating of the FIAT-CONSERVATIVES! Let them know they will never win another election unless they have our support. Though, I fully intend to make Ron Paul's presidency a reality.

Dave

amy31416
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
BeFranklin, I've never accused anyone of this before, but why must you always be so negative?

We all know reality, with only a few exceptions. I'd say to cut it out and go canvass, but you're a defeatist and I'm sure that would come across.

Enough already.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 12:45 PM
BeFranklin, I've never accused anyone of this before, but why must you always be so negative?

We all know reality, with only a few exceptions. I'd say to cut it out and go canvass, but you're a defeatist and I'm sure that would come across.

Enough already.

:rolleyes:

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I think everyone missed my point. Lets retry.

The political critters KNOW that they can't stop Ron Paul. They are going to lose their own election if they attack him, and if they don't attack him, he'll win the election.

Its a catch twenty situation.

Oh yes, to the one person that attacked me for no reason. Go F yourself, that isn't nice, its being negative - I am almost never negative. I do however think.

theantirobot
01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
It's a little early to say he won't be president. I've always thought he'd have a better shot as an independent. Not getting the republican nomination would give him a lot of credibility with independents and democrats.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
=amy31416;1040730

FYI: telling the people on here who have skills such as making videos, writing, &ct, to go lug a sign that might make a few votes is being an IDIOT.

If you don't have any useful skills, yes, go do that. If you do, I suggest you pay someone else $5 to hold a sign.

Work smarter, not harder. ::rolleyes:

amy31416
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
FYI: telling the people on here who have skills such as making videos, writing, &ct, to go lug a sign that might make a few votes is being an IDIOT.

If you don't have any useful skills, yes, go do that. If you do, I suggest you pay someone else $5 to hold a sign.

Work smarter, not harder. ::rolleyes:

Well, I knew you'd come back at me with an attack rather than something constructive.

You imply I have no skills. You are wrong.

I've seen a ton of negativity from you, and it doesn't help overall. Perhaps you consider yourself a realist and the rest of us have our heads in the sand, but I am an optimist and I haven't put over $1000 in this campaign for no good reason.

Negative messages do not unite. Not only is sign waving worn out, but so is video making-aside from communicating a message to each other. We've worn out the online market

Rolling your eyes at another supporter will get you nowhere. Be thoughtful about dismissing other people who may disagree with you.

I've read your posts for a while and have held off saying anything because I give you, a Ron Paul supporter, the benefit of the doubt. Try doing the same for me.

He hasn't lost this yet and its too early to concede. Negativity only reinforces the notion that he's unelectable and I'm trying to caution you that you are doing just that.

Quit being so angry. You have no reason to be angry with me.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Well, I knew you'd come back at me with an attack rather than something constructive.

Good guess. I replied to you exactly like the nasty insult you sent me. You deserved nothing else. I didn't read one line beyond the one quoted above.

amy31416
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Good guess. I replied to you exactly like the nasty insult you sent me. You deserved nothing else. I didn't read one line beyond the one quoted above.

You're wrong about me. I'm a good person, I'm a constructive person.

I didn't send you a nasty insult, please quote me if I did.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
It's a little early to say he won't be president. I've always thought he'd have a better shot as an independent. Not getting the republican nomination would give him a lot of credibility with independents and democrats.

I think he has a good chance at being elected. If he gets the support he needs, like national exposure and advertising, I think there is a "risk" he could win. I'm just as conservative in my wording as Ron Paul is. Ron Paul is humble and will look at alternatives, maybe grassroots should as well.

Re-read my message. I think the WORSE that will happen is we cause a massive upheaval in the election, causing a lot of people to lose. I think that is pretty much guaranteed.

In other words, I think we can win the election, I think we are guaranteed to cause a massive lose in other political elections. I'm guessing that is exactly what the thought it that is floating around. Should we attack him, we might lose the election if we do! If we don't, he'll win!

And from our perspective - it only makes sense to invest in Ron Paul.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 01:11 PM
You're wrong about me. I'm a good person, I'm a constructive person.

I didn't send you a nasty insult, please quote me if I did.

Enough already.

You're a bad person, a lousy liar, and a negative accuser of others, in this case me.

You should have just said you were sorry when I replied in kind, but actually much nicer.

In fact, I said something constructive that has been on my heart. (Everyone) should stop telling very
talented people to go shove a pole sign when you are mad at them. Its better to work smarter, not harder.
You didn't even read it. How many people have these forums chased away that way in the last month? I'm
sick of it, for everyone thats been told that.

amy31416
01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
You're a bad person, a lousy liar, and a negative accuser of others, in this case me.

You should have just said you were sorry when I replied in kind, but actually much nicer.

In fact, I said something constructive that has been on my heart. (Everyone) should stop telling very talented people to go shove a pole sign when you are mad at them. Its better to work smarter, not harder. You didn't even read it.

But I did read what you wrote, even after you implied that I'm an untalented idiot that can only hold a pole (holding off on any dirty jokes here, thankyou....) If you consider yourself so talented, then why are you posting messages here about RP losing? How is that using your gifts?

I'm not a bad person, not a liar either, I just can not understand why you'd contemplate conceding this early in the race.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm simply tired of negative messages from our own damned supporters. There's enough out there from people who are against us, and I'm not talking about constructive negativity, I'm talking about messages out of the blue, after we took 2nd in Nevada, talking about what we're going to do when we inevitably lose.

Apparently I've hit a nerve, and I apologize for that. But I don't apologize for trying to stop negativity and infighting in this group.

Listen, we have a common ground. We want to get Ron Paul elected, right? So why would you imply that I'm an idiot when I have even the slightest of criticisms? You are welcome to criticize me, but not with ad hominem attacks. This method prevents your message from getting out and will likely get this thread moved to Liberty Forest or wherever they send negative threads.

I'm in this with you, not against you. We're here to work together. You can look at my history in this group and find that, while I'm a bit silly and unorthodox at times, I'm not a negative person and I'm not a liar and I'm not conceding this race until the very end.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
But I did read what you wrote, even after you implied that I'm an untalented idiot that can only hold a pole (holding off on any dirty jokes here, thankyou....) If you consider yourself so talented, then why are you posting messages here about RP losing? How is that using your gifts?

I didn't imply anything about you. I was responding to your message (which didn't imply, but directly said that to me), and I said in general, its a bad idea to drive off supporters and tell them to lug a sign when they might be able to do better things. Mozart - go lug a sign! I also didn't say I consider myself so talented. I said it because I consider a lot of us to be that talented. You've read *a lot* into my message you didn't need to.

In general, the only point I was making, besides being offended, is a more general one. There is a lot of people on here telling people to go lug a sign. Its not a nice thing to say, and its also dumb.

Work smarter, not harder. If you are worth more then $5 an hour, pay someone $5 an hour to hold a sign, and go make a hundred an hour, etc. Use your talents to the maximum, and don't listen to people that want to put you down.

amy31416
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I didn't imply anything about you. I was responding to your message (which didn't imply, but directly said that to me), and I said in general, its a bad idea to drive off supporters and tell them to lug a sign when they might be able to do better things. Mozart - go lug a sign! I also didn't say I consider myself so talented. I said it because I consider a lot of us to be that talented. You've read *a lot* into my message you didn't need to.

In general, the only point I was making, besides being offended, is a more general one. There is a lot of people on here telling people to go lug a sign. Its not a nice thing to say, and its also dumb.

Work harder, not smarter. If you are worth more then $5 an hour, pay someone $5 an hour to hold a sign, and go make a hundred an hour, etc. Use your talents to the maximum, and don't listen to people that want to put you down.

I think you meant "work smarter, not harder" :D And yeah, I agree that if you are talented in ways that can benefit the campaign, that that's the way you should apply yourself.

I never once suggested that anyone should "go lug a sign," I did suggest that people should canvass. Canvassing is quite different from sign waving.

I apologize for anything I read into what you said, but you were quite harsh. You might want to consider apologizing to me for the things you read into what I said. I never said to go wave signs or lug anything, much less implied that someone should waste their talent.

My talent does not lie in making videos. I'm a lab rat. My talent is in strictly scientific analysis and experimentation and that usually doesn't hold up in politics. I'm smart enough to know my strengths and weaknesses. I'm smart enough to hear what other people say. I'm smart enough to know that these forums can be a miasma of negativity or a boon for inspiration.

We have a lot of power here. Let's come together and use it for good.