PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson and Straw Polls, Giuliani and ANYTHING

theoremaxim
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I would love it if someone explained to me just how it is that a NON-candidate can be on a ballot for any political poll? If it's just because the Straw Poll is unofficial I suppose I can understand it, but this is just wrong. I mean Fred Thompson has had ample opportunity to get in or quit hurting the USA.

Much like Giuliani who according the Article One, Section 9 of the US Constitution, cannot run for Political Office of any kind any loger as he was Knighted by the Queen of England in 2002.

Articvle One, Section 9 reads as follows:

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State."

So how is Giuliani even in the race?

Mesogen
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
There are people around here (Nashville) with Fred Thompson bumper stickers. I don't get it.

What do they see in him that they don't see in Rudy McRomney?

Oh, and YEAH! Someone really needs to bring this up to a MSM news source about Giuliani. I never knew he had some noble title.
It's pretty funny because he's a street thug, but whatever.

ETA: Hmm, the way it reads is that maybe while someone is in office they can't receive the title without consent of the congress, but maybe they can when they are out of office, and then run for office again. I don't know.

freelance
08-03-2007, 06:45 AM
I would love it if someone explained to me just how it is that a NON-candidate can be on a ballot for any political poll?

It's so that TPTB can obfuscate the results to the point of rendering them useless.

Patriot
08-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Much like Giuliani who according the Article One, Section 9 of the US Constitution, cannot run for Political Office of any kind any loger as he was Knighted by the Queen of England in 2002.

Articvle One, Section 9 reads as follows:

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State."

So how is Giuliani even in the race?

Anyone with any legal expertise, can we bring that up to the FEC or SCOTUS?

ARealConservative
08-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Anyone with any legal expertise, can we bring that up to the FEC or SCOTUS?

what?

This is a state function - basically a fundraiser. you want the federal government to intervene in how a state operates a fundraiser?

Patriot
08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
what?

This is a state function - basically a fundraiser. you want the federal government to intervene in how a state operates a fundraiser?

I was talking about the part about Rudy getting the Knighthood.