PDA

View Full Version : Comments from another candidate's forums

JenaS62
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Comments from another candidates forums:

"A friend of mine told me that Ron Paul might run as a 3rd party canadate if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. If Mike loses I hope Ron Paul does run as a 3rd party canadate I would vote for him over McCain,Romney or Guiliani and Hilliary or Obama or Bloomberg. It would be very interesting if that scienery would happen. I would actually have someone to vote for."

and this:

"I hope you all would do the same because if Mike doesn't get the GOP nomination we need someone to fall back on mine is Ron Paul he was my 2nd choice the difeerence between Mike and Ron is Mike has a stronger stand on abortion and the presevation of marriage,but I really hope Ron Paul would run as either the Constitution Party or Libertarian party if Mike don't get the nomination"

and this:

"The system is broke and the GOP is corupt The establishment don't care about us. In South Carolina Fred played the spoiler and tipped it to McCain. We need to realise the GOP is all for Big Busness they sold their soles for the corporate corruption. They will only give us Lip service and do nothing for us. They want us to do what were told and stay on the back of the bus and not to challange them. We can launch a write in campaign for Mike but it would be dismissed as that we are a bunch of Loons. I hope Ron Paul runs a 3rd Party bid he has raised alot of money and hasn't spent much of it along with a Bloomberg canadacy it could really gum up the works and couse havice and throw the election into congress because nobody got the 270 electorial votes. This could end the 2 party system."

tamor
01-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I always thought a two party system did more harm than good for the citizens of this country. Hopefully, some day there will be no parties, and citizens can vote for the person. Ron Paul would be a step in the right direction. This is a interesting year for politics, isn't it ?

entropy
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I always thought a two party system did more harm than good for the citizens of this country. Hopefully, some day there will be no parties, and citizens can vote for the person. Ron Paul would be a step in the right direction. This is a interesting year for politics, isn't it ?

with all due respect I would call this election downright fascinating, especially if Bloomberg throws his hat in.

JenaS62
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
with all due respect I would call this election downright fascinating, especially if Bloomberg throws his hat in.

the above comments from the other candidate forums made me begin to think that the tide is coming our way. Based on many of the comments in that one section - there is no other GOP candidate that Huckabee's supporters will support. We could get lucky with Thompson supporters as well.

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
the above comments from the other candidate forums made me begin to think that the tide is coming our way. Based on many of the comments in that one section - there is no other GOP candidate that Huckabee's supporters will support. We could get lucky with Thompson supporters as well.

I think you're absolutely right. I know of several people who like Thompson with Ron as second choice (and at least one Thompson person who switched to Ron as first choice :) ).

The Huckabee people have been relatively friendly with us all along. If Huck drops out or, as in the OP comments, the GOP nomination goes to someone else and Ron runs 3rd party, I think we could get a LOT of Huckabee people to come over to the RP tent.

*crossing fingers and toes*

Lymeade-Lady
01-22-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sure we'd get a bunch of Conservative Christians if Huckabee drops out. There are no other strong pro-life candidates, esp if Thompson is out. I wish it would happen before Super Tues. I can always pray for a miracle, but I'm not holding my breathe! Yep, the best thing I could image would be if it got down to McCain, Romney, and Paul at the convention. The more our candidate is funded, the better we are in the long haul. This is way encouraging.

pinkmandy
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
They all need to be reminded of the "Roe" endorsement...

JenaS62
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm sure we'd get a bunch of Conservative Christians if Huckabee drops out. There are no other strong pro-life candidates, esp if Thompson is out. I wish it would happen before Super Tues. I can always pray for a miracle, but I'm not holding my breathe! Yep, the best thing I could image would be if it got down to McCain, Romney, and Paul at the convention. The more our candidate is funded, the better we are in the long haul. This is way encouraging..

The McCain "swiftboat" stuff is bound to hurt him over the next few weeks. In addition - the economy is on the downturn and I'm not sure McCain can handle it. The Christian right will not vote for Romney. This could be perfect for us

jawrightbiz
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Ok, here are my thoughts on this...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=97589