PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: “Jane Roe” Endorses Ron Paul on Roe v. Wade Anniversary

garyallen59
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
i already posted this in the news section but i wanted to share the good news to the masses on the grassroots forum

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campai...e-anniversary/

Ron Paul’s consistent pro-life stand throughout his years in congress — not to mention his years as an OB/GYN — has won him the support of Norma McCorvey, who was Jane Roe in the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision thirty-five years ago today. She has since become a pro-life activist, leading Crossing Over Ministry (formerly Roe No More Ministry). Here’s what she says about Dr. Paul:

“I support Ron Paul for president because we share the same goal, that of overturning Roe v Wade. Ron Paul doesn’t just talk about being pro-life, he acts on it. His voting record truly is impeccable and he undoubtedly understands our constitutional republic and the inalienable right to life for all. Ron Paul is the prime author of H.R. 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v. Wade. As the signor of the affidavit that legalized abortion 35 years ago I appreciate Ron Paul’s action to restore protection for the unborn. Ron Paul has also authored H.R. 1094 in Congress, which seeks to define life as beginning at conception. He has never wavered on the issue of being pro-life and has a voting record to prove it. He understands the importance of civil liberties for all, including the unborn.

“After taking all of the presidential candidates into consideration, it is obvious that Ron Paul is the only one that doesn’t just talk the talk. For this reason and those stated above, I am publicly endorsing Ron Paul for president.”

evadmurd
01-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Excellent endorsement. Now I'd like to see some strong Pro-choice endorsement as well to highlight Ron Paul's attraction to all factions and ideologies.

PimpBlimp
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Is there video of this event? Was it on the news?

AlexMerced
01-22-2008, 11:35 AM

I doubt it, funny the economy screwed us in media coverage, not that they cover us anyways

UtahApocalypse
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Wow a actual endorsement not just people say the said his name or we should seek them out.

Rahl
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
bump

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/22/jane-roe-endorses-ron-paul-on-roe-v-wade-anniversary/

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Boooooo...

He should be talking about the ECONOMY.

stevedasbach
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Boooooo...

He should be talking about the ECONOMY.

A good endorsement for today, but otherwise yes -- talk about the economy.

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 12:12 PM
This will be great if Hillary wins the primary :)

Marc3579
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
He will discuss the economy. It's not like he never brings it up, he somehow relates everything back to ECONOMY. So, quit worrying about him discussing it, as for the endorsement, I think it is a great endorsement. I didn't see it on any of the main news networks. But, alas...

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/157/don-luskin-endorses-ron-paul-for-president/

Here's the economic endorsement Ron needs to be talking about. The pro-lifers and the true fiscal conservatives have a candidate they can agree on now.

UtahApocalypse
01-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Stupid CNN talked about the anniversary of Roe v. Wade..... and said Huckabee is the best suited :(

tsiguy96
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
she says it as if paul is going to outlaw abortions, hes not. he will make it a state thing, which in the grand scheme wont change anything, some states may allow it some ban it, if someone wants an abortion they just have to cross state lines.

garyallen59
01-22-2008, 12:25 PM
no she says it as if paul's going to overturn roe v wade, which he is

K1RBY
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
i hope the 'official' campaign is sending this out to any & all press...

pacelli

It wouldn't be the first time an important Ron Paul press conference had no press invited.

AlbemarleNC0003
i hope the 'official' campaign is sending this out to any & all press...

I sent it to CNN to let them know that their reporting needs to be updated.

garyallen59
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
bump

Mini-Me
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
This is exactly the kind of endorsement he needs. In the general election, let's face it: A HUGE percentage of voters in America vote solely based on abortion.

Really, his emphasis on limited Constitutional government makes him the best candidate for both sides: For pro-life people, he is for allowing your state to ban abortion if you so choose. For pro-choice people, he is against allowing the government to outright ban abortion nationwide (as it could right now with a simple shift in Supreme Court justices). On social issues, the bottom line is: Power to the states, and power to the people - and by the people, I don't mean just 9 people.

gb13
01-22-2008, 01:11 PM
This could be very good for us in the Bible-Belt.

Primbs
01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Maybe National Right to Life will endorse Ron Paul when Fred Thompson drops out.

Lymeade-Lady
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm so furious. I looked on a Christian news site (the one connected to a radio station I listen to). On their front page, they had 2 or 3 articles about abortion, but nothing about RON PAUL and Jane Roe's endorsement. But at the bottom of the page they had an article about an actress endorsing Huckabee.

WHY does the CHRISTIAN media need to be so biased? Can't they even report the news? I'm ready to boycott that station, but I'll miss the radio! They aren't own by the elite as far as I know. They are funded by donations for goodness sake! Who's controlling them?

I'm burning up over this!!! I sent in a comment form to every person on the list. If something's not changed soon, I will be sending them notice that I will not be listening to them again.

I'm going to spread it around too. I guess I thought I could trust their intentions a little better than that.

michaelwise
01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
We need to spread this news far and wide.

Highstreet
01-22-2008, 02:34 PM

YOUTUBE?

BeFranklin
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Bump

garyallen59
01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
bump

joe77
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
This will be great if Hillary wins the primary :)

I AGREE 100% NOW IS THE TIME!

Carole
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Only on internet news.

This is Ron Paul guys. Not a word will be uttered on MSM.

literatim
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
94% of evangelicals rank abortion No. 1 (http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59812)

Mini-Me
01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm so furious. I looked on a Christian news site (the one connected to a radio station I listen to). On their front page, they had 2 or 3 articles about abortion, but nothing about RON PAUL and Jane Roe's endorsement. But at the bottom of the page they had an article about an actress endorsing Huckabee.

WHY does the CHRISTIAN media need to be so biased? Can't they even report the news? I'm ready to boycott that station, but I'll miss the radio! They aren't own by the elite as far as I know. They are funded by donations for goodness sake! Who's controlling them?

I'm burning up over this!!! I sent in a comment form to every person on the list. If something's not changed soon, I will be sending them notice that I will not be listening to them again.

I'm going to spread it around too. I guess I thought I could trust their intentions a little better than that.

Odds are, they simply don't even know, because they're getting their news from the mainstream media just like everybody else. Maybe you could fill them in on "Jane Roe's" endorsement?

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
bump