PDA

View Full Version : Why Mitt?

shadowhooch
07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay, I've been trying to put my arms around Presidential Candidate popularity. I understand why Guiliani has it (name recognition) and why McCain has it (republican reputation) and why Fred Thompson has it (actor on Law and Order).

But why in the heck does a no name like Mitt Romney have so much support? Does he offer a different view on something that the others don't (anyone know)? I can't figure out how he's different (besides being a Mormon).
Is it simply because he's put a lot of ads out there with his money? What the heck is he putting in these ads to make people gravitate to him instead of Guiliani?

Anyway, I guess I'm venting because Ron Paul actually DOES have a different message but it is like pulling teeth to really get his support to take off -- namely because no one is interested in politics. And those that ARE interested have bandwagoned on with someone for whatever reason.

Any insight on what Mitt did? What makes him so popular?

ARealConservative
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
he has spent the most money to date.

Media sees him throwing money around and that alone will get him talked about on TV and Radio.

Keith
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
How many mormons are there in America? That might be it if they are really all behind him. I think I read that Ron Paul is baptist. If all baptists got behind him that would be a big deal, but I don't think it is the same.

glts
07-31-2007, 04:34 PM
How many mormons are there in America? That might be it if they are really all behind him.

I am a Mormon and would never consider voting for Romney. One easy explanation for Romney's media attention- CFR! He has an article I believe last month in their magazine. He is one of their "chosen" ones.

Johnnybags
07-31-2007, 04:37 PM
and Mitt has the cash, looks good, and has friends in high places. But he is another NWO android, not at all interested in making America better for all but simply to make it better for the CFR morons. Vote CFR is vote for elite special interests. Mitt(Willard) Romney is a joke, and the joke is on us.

Capitalism
07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
It's all about the 2002 Olympics!

Plus sons of politicians seem to have good luck in politics.

kylejack
07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
He's got a lot of money, and he has been running quite a few ads with it. Furthermore, he's frankly pretty charismatic in the debates ("GOSH, I love America!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYBiqqSEN4)) and he has a presidential face (sure, it sucks that this matters, but sometimes it does).