PDA

View Full Version : Having problems focusing at work...

bp2519
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
There's too much shit going on right now to do any work... anyone else struggling?

frasu
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
+1

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh heck yes.

freelance
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I have set up home networks for years, but the last week has been a living hell. I cannot get my wireless network for anything. I no sooner get one problem solved than another one crops up. That probably explains my insane behavior the past week. I am ready to scream.

JenaS62
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Yep. Luckily I work from home.

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank god my boss is gone today so I can watch what is going on

Agent CSL
01-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I've been up all night.

bp2519
01-22-2008, 09:28 AM
My boss is in China scoping out new suppliers... go figure

Dorfsmith
01-22-2008, 09:28 AM
:( If sales don't pick up (and I doubt they will) I might have to go out and get a second job.

ShowMeLiberty
01-22-2008, 09:29 AM
+1

It's hard but I also have a big deadline coming up so I have to keep switching between work and checking out what's going on in the news!

Melissa
01-22-2008, 09:30 AM
haha going to put my resume out today I work in a boat place dont know if it will be a good year for this haha but my boss thinks so --silly man

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 09:33 AM
It has been extremely hard to focus but I tell you what. For a recession that is coming or possibly a depression I as a small business owner (computer repair etc..) have never been so busy. I don't really know what to attribute it to. I do know that in this business around christmas time everything slows down, this did not happen this year and I have never been so busy.

Agent CSL
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
It has been extremely hard to focus but I tell you what. For a recession that is coming or possibly a depression I as a small business owner (computer repair etc..) have never been so busy. I don't really know what to attribute it to. I do know that in this business around christmas time everything slows down, this did not happen this year and I have never been so busy.

.com world's coming back up again. :P The success of Myspace, Facebook and countless other sites via their advertising has caused a lot of people to invest back online.

Am I right?

avix123
01-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Quit being online, easy fix to cure distractions.

jaybone
01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I am hyper-focusing at work, just not ON work.
My focus is on the precious metals market and the Freedom Movement, all else is simply noise.
I will re-focus on the job when my boss tells me to!

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
.com world's coming back up again. :P The success of Myspace, Facebook and countless other sites via their advertising has caused a lot of people to invest back online.

Am I right?

I guess, your probably right but I don't deal much with that part. I'm just a lowly computer mechanic / network guy / computer builder.

PaultheSaint
01-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Stressful for sure but the show must go on.

dsentell
01-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Problems focusing here too.

My work seems so trivial compared to what is going on . . .

jimithng23
01-22-2008, 09:46 AM
There's too much shit going on right now to do any work... anyone else struggling?

i have been struggling for weeks

:o

bp2519
01-22-2008, 09:49 AM

I agree... and there is nothing but calm around me, oblivious to what's going on.

acptulsa
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I've been having trouble for weeks, too--and the closer it gets to Super Tuesday the more trouble I have.

If my boss knew that he's paying me to do my damnedest to undermine the status quo...

jnpg
01-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Me too. My husband is starting to trip on me as well. Says I am paying no attention to him. I have to turn off the computer before he gets home today and STAY OFF tonight.

Anyone else having relationship issues due to all of this going on?

xcalybur
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Putting a little stress on the marriage. Luckily I was on Ventrilo last night talking to a friend about all this and I openned his eyes. He knew something was going on, but after I explained the fed and the money system to him he thanked me so very much and is looking at taking his life savings and putting it into gold. While I was talking to him my wife was listening and had to gets some tums because when I talk about these things it makes her stomach upset. I did make some major headway with her though. She believes in what I believe, but she counts on me to get us out of this mess. I've had a plan for a while to get a much better job and to start buying gold, but we haven't been able to do that yet. So last night when I was talking about the possibility that we could be a third world nation as soon as the end of 2008, she freaked a little. She asked me what our plan was. I told her that I am seriously thinking about moving to another country and wading it out.

What are your plans? What would be a good country to move to and why?

Right now I am looking at the baltic countries. Demark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, maybe even France (Not sure about that one). They seem to have a consistency about them. They never go up or down. Great place to be when the whole system crashes I think.

What do you think? I would love to know.

Thanks.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 10:32 AM

That's it for me to.

skyfi
01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I have been struggling at work like others have said..

crazyfacedjenkins
01-22-2008, 10:37 AM
It's tough for people who work on computers all day that are connected to the internet

asgardshill
01-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Don't get too distracted or you'll lose the "distraction" of having a job in the first place ;)

acptulsa
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I've had a plan for a while to get a much better job and to start buying gold, but we haven't been able to do that yet.

Little late now--its through the roof. Rome won't fall in a day. Do the most solid stocks you can find now while they're cheap, and during the next stock market rally (there's always a rally before the dying gasp) sell high and buy gold when its a bit cheaper.

cageybee
01-22-2008, 11:11 AM
i can't sleep either