PDA

View Full Version : An idea to help with local government/enforcement issues...

Santana28
07-30-2007, 01:58 PM
About the stories where the local cops and whatnot have occassionally given people a hard time when out handing out literature and holding signs...

Just an idea, but perhaps it would be beneficial for each local meetup group to prepare a nice professional looking packet of information on Ron Paul, his campaign, and the support he is recieving - and mail it to either the Mayor or board members of individual towns or villages. Maybe the Chief of police as well. Something with some literature, maybe a few articles, and photos or a dvd of his supporters (nothing controversial of course. maybe leave the "Revolution" stuff at home). Something that lays out plainly for all to see what this movement is about, and mentions the various ways and reasons behind the activism on local streets and at local events.

The police answer to the city/village government. Perhaps the only thing local leaders know about Ron Paul's movement are that we are "wacko" fringe political activists trying to cause trouble... hence the attention given by the police. If the city government can be brought on board with at least a sympathetic view towards our intentions and a realistic picture of our activity, then i predict that we wouldn't have nearly as many issues with police or being kicked off public property. They might not agree with what we are doing - but as long as they know that this type of political activism is GOOD and NON-HARMFUL, they might "call off the dogs" so to speak.

In any event, i think it is a good idea. What does else everyone think?

(oh, and it might even bring out the ones that are actively AGAINST Ron Paul... for future strategic activies...hehe ;)

mport1
07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I like it. It can't hurt.