PDA

View Full Version : We need to step up on fundraising

Dan Warner
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Some of you may not want to hear this but here is a hard truth. We need tons of cash and we need it now, not yesterday. The campaign needs a constant uninterupted flow of cash. What we need to do is recruit new people day after day after day who are willing to donate money and knock on doors. Ron Paul has said in the past that he needs $100 MILLION dollars to compete on a national scale. He isn't joking. He put a release out earlier saying he needs $23 million by the end of January. Obviously this isn't going to happen and it really HAS to happen.

I know some of us may be broke because we are average working people. If you can spare 10 bucks today, donate. If you know someone who has 10 bucks to spare get THEM to donate. I have donated in every money bomb so far and have yet to hit my limit so I intend to donate every 2 weeks when I get my paycheck. Can you all please do the same? Ten or twenty bucks from all of us in a constant flow can help.

Do you know any doctors or lawyers or business owners in your area? Have you talked to them about Ron Paul? Have you walked into your local coin shop or grocery store and talked to the manager or owner about Ron Paul? Can you place posters with donation information on any public bulletin boards? I try to do this wherever I go. You will be surprised at how many local shops are willing to let you drop a pile of those Ron Paul liberty cards on the counter, or place a sign in their window.

Name recognition is important, but I think some of us were getting too confident. We saw Wolf Blitzer say 'amazing' and we were all amazed and thought it was enough, but it isn't. It is time to step up and donate as often as you can untill it hurts!

A. Havnes
01-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I hear you, but I think the best to ensure a constant flow of cash is by planning a series of minibombs. The Ron Paul payday is a pretty good way, too. The problem is, we're all still suffering from Christmas spending and from previous moneybombs. I can leave cards in shops and do things like that, but I can't guarantee that someone will decide to donate.

DFF
01-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Here's the solution: http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/Default.aspx?Date=12-28-2007

If everybody will jump on this bandwagon instead of the fading "Money Bomb"; cash problems will be a non-issue.

Fyretrohl
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
The money bomb idea has come and gone. It is time to just get people to donate. No more waiting until Day X. Now...Perhaps weekly goals, but, zero, zip, zilch money bombs or hoard until Day X bombs. The goals are what seem to work best. Put up the thermometer and watch it go.

Dan Warner
01-22-2008, 09:12 AM
How about pledging a portion of your tax refund to the campaign? I filed and got mine back allready and sent some money. For lots of people this is disposable income anyway, or vacation money. How about a vacation from taxation in the first place! Donate your tax refund, or a portion of it to the campaing. File early, donate early!

newyearsrevolution08
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
agreed, I too had a money bomb and promoted the rest as well BUT we cant have the lag in daily donations. My idea is this

A daily minimum that we dont let it go under.

So from now until feb 5th for example we never donate less then $50k a day OR $100k a day for example.

This will keep a steady flow of cash coming and people to become proactive daily.

I also do like the friday payday deals as well which gives people the chance to donate when they get paid but yes we cant have people hold off until AFTER feb 5th to donate.

Someone will step up on this one within the next few days dont worry. We will get it organized how it should be and yes the big money bombs are great but we are too close to deadlines to lag on daily contributions.

therealjjj77
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
The reason why money bombs work so well is they cause people to get excited and give more then they normally would have. A daily or weekly plan doesn't work as well.

Two hands always makes a work load much easier. 100,000 hands makes a campaign go to the white house.