PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Things To Worry About Than Economic Collapse

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 08:30 AM
PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS TO HOT TOPICS. THIS IS A LEGITIMATE CONCERN.

You may have seen this video I jokingly made 2 weeks ago

http://img.youtube.com/vi/T3bkyO5v_J8/default.jpg
BIG F-ING ASTEROID NEAR EARTH (and Ron Paul) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3bkyO5v_J8)

However, the asteroid is still no-where to be found in the news and this is what's posted at the NASA site.

2007 TU24 was discovered by the Catalina Sky Survey (Arizona) on October 11, 2007.
This object's 1.4-lunar-distance approach on Jan. 29 is the closest for any
known Potentially Hazardous Asteroid until 2027.

ADDITIONAL ASTROMETRY IS STILL DESIRABLE FOR THIS OBJECT

source: http://echo.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroids/2007TU24/2007TU24planning.html

Yesterday it said the orbit wasn't precisely known yet but the wording changed, despite no new astrometry being done. Also, variables such as the MOID (Minimal Orbit Intersection Distance) have been shrinking while the closest-approach distance of 1.4LD has never changed (very sketchy).

To give you an idea of how close this thing is going to get, here is a quote about an asteroid in 1989 that was both smaller and further away than TU24.

On March 23, 1989 the 300 meter (1,000-foot) diameter Apollo asteroid 4581 Asclepius (1989 FC) missed the Earth by 700,000 kilometers (400,000 miles) passing through the exact position where the Earth was only 6 hours before. (wikipedia)

Also the world's elite are all in Switzerland right now for an economic conference. Switzerland is more-bunkered down than even Utah. Every city is legally required to have bomb-shelter space for all it's people.

Elite in Switzerland:

Published on Monday, January 21, 2008.

Source: Breitbart

The icy Swiss mountains are to host the world's business and political elite this week for their annual gathering in Davos, where the cooling temperature of the world economy is set to focus minds.

The Davos event, a unique spectacle of wealth, power and debate, begins Wednesday when chief executives and heads of state gather in the chic Alpine ski resort for five days of public discussions and private deal-making.

Started in 1971 and known as the World Economic Forum, the gathering provides a unique opportunity to gauge the mood and preoccupations of some of the world's most powerful people.

This year's invitation list includes 27 heads of state or government, 113 cabinet ministers and a smattering of stars from the world of entertainment, notably British actress Emma Thompson and singer and campaigner Bono.

Among the presidents, Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai, Israel's Shimon Peres, Colombia's Alvaro Uribe, Nigeria's Umaru Yar'Adua and his counterpart from the Philippines, Gloria Arroyo, are likely to draw particular attention.

Other big name attractions include UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates and British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

The prospect for peace in the Middle East is likely to be a major theme -- US Secretary of State and top negotiator Condoleezza Rice is to open the event on January 23 -- but it is the health of the world economy that is likely to dominate.

The official theme of the meeting, The Power of Collaborative Innovation, appears intentionally vague.

An avalanche of weak economic data from the United States has raised fears the world's biggest economy is heading towards a recession, meaning the bankers, corporate executives and policymakers may arrive in more morose spirits than in previous years.

One of the key questions this year will be: "If America sneezes, does the world still catch a cold?"

The role of emerging countries in Asia and the Middle East will be crucial in answering this question.

Can emerging economies withstand a slowdown in the US and power the world economy, or will they too grind slower as their dependence on the American motor becomes apparent?

Some of the people best placed to answer this will be in Davos, from economists and central bankers to the heads of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries or the chief executive of China Mobile Communications Corporation.

There will also be representatives of Asian and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds, the state-backed investment funds that have recently helped recapitalise a host of struggling Western banks.

"We have to understand how such funds operate and Davos will be a platform to do so," explains the founder of the event, Klaus Schwab.

He adds: "It is a good sign that the developing world plays a major role in the global concert."

The US economy has been hit by a downturn in the property market that has exposed banks to billions of dollars of losses and caused a generalised tightening of credit to businesses and consumers.

The US Federal Reserve has slashed interest rates by a percentage point in recent months and is expected to continue loosening monetary policy.

President George W. Bush has also ridden to the rescue with a proposal for a giant fiscal stimulus plan worth around 140 billion dollars or one percent of gross domestic product.

Last year, a survey released before the event showed that 92 percent of 1,100 chief executives in 50 countries were confident about their company's revenue growth in 2007.

This year's survey is likely to show a distinct swing in sentiment but Schwab warns about excessive pessimism.

"This year, it is very important, with all the problems that we have, not to fall into an overextended pessimism," he said.

High oil prices, the falling dollar, rocketing food prices, trade imbalances and a rising tide of protectionism add to the broad economic woes linked to the slowing US economy.

Global warming and poverty eradication are among the other weighty topics set to be tackled by the assembled worthies but there is also lighter fare on offer.

Last year, a workshop called "Dialogue in the Dark" offered high-performing businessmen the chance to explore how they interacted as a group when asked to assemble a Russian doll in pitch darkness.

A series of nightly parties also provide delegates with endless opportunities for winding down and smoozing, with the annual party thrown by Internet darling Google the highlight of the social calendar for many.

Switzerland is a giant bomb shelter:

Swiss still braced for nuclear war
By Imogen Foulkes
BBC News, Switzerland

Many historians will agree the fall of the Berlin Wall marked the end of the Cold War, but in Switzerland the threat of nuclear war has left an unexpected legacy.

If you are driving through Switzerland, south to Italy, you are likely to take the route via the charming town of Lucerne and that means driving through the Sonnenberg tunnel.
Those tunnels around Lucerne can be quite irritating, especially in fine weather. Just as you are enjoying a spectacular view of the lake and the mountains, you are plunged into darkness.

But when you get to the Sonnenberg, make sure your eyes adjust, and take a closer look, for this is much more than a tunnel. In here is the world's largest nuclear shelter.

Under Swiss law, local governments are required to provide shelter spaces for everyone, and in the early 1970s Lucerne was short by several thousand. The new Sonnenberg motorway tunnel, just being built, seemed a neat solution: kit it out as a nuclear shelter as well and it could hold 20,000 people.

The Sonnenberg, in theory, is able to withstand a one megaton nuclear bomb, as close as half a mile away

"Actually we got the idea from you British," explains Werner Fischer, the local civil protection chief, as he shows me around. "Londoners used the underground as shelter during the blitz."
Well maybe, but believe me, there are things in the Sonnenberg that you will never find down the tard_drive tube station.

'Engineering feat'

It starts with the doors, which are a metre and a half thick (5ft), and weigh 350 tonnes each. The Sonnenberg, in theory, is able to withstand a one megaton nuclear bomb, as close as half a mile away.

One megaton is 70 Hiroshimas. That means the Sonnenberg residents would have emerged to a world reduced not to smoking rubble, but to ash.
Inside, the tunnel is a surreal monument to neutral Switzerland's desire to survive a total war which would, naturally, have been started and waged by someone else.

Every eventuality has been thought of.

There are vast sleeping quarters, with bunk beds four layers deep. There is an operating theatre, a command post, and as Mr Fischer points out, a prison. "Just because there's a nuclear war outside doesn't mean we won't have any social problems in here," he says.

Some of my friends have private ones in their own houses, used, these days, mostly to store wine or skis.

There were even, it is rumoured, plans for a post office, until someone asked the obvious question "when the world outside is burning, who would you write to? What would the address be, not to mention who would deliver your letter?"

Then there are the coloured lights, indicating whether it is night or day outside. Obviously the country which produces the world's top watches would not like to lose track of time.

There are some truly impressive feats of engineering: the air filters, designed to supply those 20,000 souls with 192 cubic metres each of non-radioactive air every day, are indeed breathtaking. So large, the hall they are housed in has the dimensions of a medieval cathedral.

Shelter choice

But while the Sonnenberg may be the biggest shelter, it is by no means the only one.

In fact, there are over a quarter of a million of them in Switzerland, because, 17 years after the end of the Cold War, the policy of providing shelters for the entire population still stands.
Some of my friends have private ones in their own houses, used, these days, mostly to store wine or skis. My house, though does not have one.

An anxious telephone call to my local civil protection office brings a reassuring answer. "Actually your community has 40% overcapacity in shelters," I'm told.

It turns out that, should the unthinkable happen, I have got a luxury of choice. I can settle into a cosy neighbourhood shelter designed for 10. Sounds good, as long as my family and the neighbours we get on with get there first.

Or, there is a larger shelter, beneath the local fire station, which those without private shelters would share with the firemen. I can see it is not going to be the easiest of decisions.

And down on the main street of my village, new houses are going up, the bulldozers are digging remarkably deep and blast resistant concrete is arriving by the tonne.

But why add an estimated 4% to the house price, just to carry on preparing for a threat that has gone away?

Karl Widmer, deputy director of Switzerland's civil defence department, looks a little sheepish when I put this to him.

"We asked ourselves this question," he admits. "But then we thought, we've built all these things, so let's just carry on. And there could be new threats around the corner."

"What threats exactly?" snorts a Social Democrat member of parliament. "Bird flu? Terrorism? An underground bunker won't protect against that. It's time we stopped this nonsense, all we're doing is building very expensive wine cellars."

Later this year, the Swiss government will decide whether to continue the shelters-for-all policy, but this week, sirens right across Switzerland were tested, and the population had to check their bunkers were up to scratch.

The monstrous Sonnenberg shelter though, is being gradually dismantled. But not because it has finally been deemed unnecessary: no, no, the real problem is those 350 tonne blast doors. When they were tested, they would not shut.

From Our Own Correspondent was broadcast on Saturday, 10 February, 2007 at 1130 GMT on BBC Radio 4. Please check the programme schedules for World Service transmission times.

Story from BBC NEWS:
[link to news.bbc.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6347519.stm)]

Published: 2007/02/10 11:58:22 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Please don't move this to Hot Topics. This is a legitimate concern and we deserve a little warning.

wgadget
01-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh...I thought you were gonna say something about Brittney's sister having a spontaneous abortion.

CraigMcCra
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Bump this is a legitamite concern and I am particularly worried that the media hasnt said anything at all on the subject. I learned about the comet yesterday and it is coming very close to the earth. I guess we will find out Jan 29.

Scott Wilson
01-22-2008, 08:37 AM
And just what do you hope to do about it? What does everyone else do about it?

I mean really??

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 08:39 AM

I mean really??

Keep our eyes and ears open. If more things look fishy, then buy some water and canned foods.

JenaS62
01-22-2008, 08:40 AM
So the global elite are safely in Switzerland bomb shelters and the rest of us are on our own? Nice.

TonySutton
01-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Too bad we can't get "Google Ron Paul" painted on it. That would ROCK!

All kidding aside, I have some astronomy friends and will give them a shout to see what they say. There are literally thousands of astronomy hobbyists with very good telescopes. I can't imagine something like this could be hidden, they would get it onto the internet.

Scott Wilson
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Keep our eyes and ears open. If more things look fishy, then buy some water and canned foods.

If you are responsible you ought to already have stored food and water. Not for asteroids but for any emergency.

Sarge
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you for bringing it up again. Looks like 1/28 and 1/29 are the dates to watch for here.

It sure would be nice to have some input on the most likely place that could be affected.

3 meters is huge if it hits. If it does hit, all better hope it is in an ocean.

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM

All kidding aside, I have some astronomy friends and will give them a shout to see what they say. There are literally thousands of astronomy hobbyists with very good telescopes. I can't imagine something like this could be hidden, they would get it onto the internet.

You are still millions of times more likely to die in an automobile accident today than die by asteroid strike tomorrow.

Nothing can be done about this except in a long term sense, so don't worry, be happy :)

edit: sorry for quoting your message to add mine, I just hit the wrong button.

CraigMcCra
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Its weird how this is passing in a week and the stock markets are falling

TonySutton
01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Nothing can be done about this except in a long term sense, so don't worry, be happy :)

yes but I need to know if I should start partying yet. I plan on going out with a bang if I have advanced warning :D

JMO
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
You are over blowing the risk of this asteroid. It is not considered a threat. It isn't even expected to be seen by the naked eye.

EotS
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM

lol!

I think it's going a bit far to find a cover-up on an event like this. It would at least be all over the Internet.

In fact, there's nothing more the tabloid news would love more than a doomsday story.

BTW, would we really be better off if an asteroid hit an ocean instead of land? It'd create some major tsunamis, I'd guess, but perhaps avoid the giant cloud of dust?

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
You are over blowing the risk of this asteroid. It is not considered a threat. It isn't even expected to be seen by the naked eye.

In my post, I never said it would hit. I only pointed out the facts.

Besides, if it even had a 1% chance of hitting earth, do you honestly think they would tell us? It would cause mass panic around the world.

Original_Intent
Maybe only Ron Paul supporters will brave the asteroid and show up to the polls in Florida...? (Trying to make this Ron Paul related...);)

I have been reading a really poorly written bbok about "The return of planet X" Some brown dwarf star that near misses earth once every 3500 years that is supposes to near miss us in 2008-2009 (passing us toward the sun) and then again in 2012 on the way out of the solar system which is supposed to be "the end of the world". It is kind of interesting, but the guy who wrote it has no writing skills, and I have found several things that are factually 100% wrong in just the first couple of chapters....but NEways...

Wyurm
So the global elite are safely in Switzerland bomb shelters and the rest of us are on our own? Nice.

I wouldn't say safely. If it hits Switzerland dead-on then I strongly doubt any sort of bomb shelter would do any good at all.

It will probably hit the moon instead anyway.

DisabledVet
01-22-2008, 08:53 AM
There has been a purposeful media blackout of the following information due to the real and present fear of mass pandemonium from all of the "sheeple" of Earth.

While the information I am about to give you is not classified, it is true and 100% verifiable.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA extremely concerned.

A former military colleague of mine is now a contract worker for NASA who develops and maintains the software applications for the Solar System Dynamic simulator and other NASA applications. He called me last night to inform me that NASA has their full focus and attention on this asteroid.

All software applications support staff have been directed to devote their time specifically to running solutions on this Near Earth Object. They are running solutions with different inputs and the results are so close to a direct impact that NASA has decided not to update the online simulator with these results.

This is a link to NASA's JPL (Jet Propulsion Labratory) NEA (Near Earth Asteroid) simulation model they are using.

You can play with it as it if fairly easy to use since all the data is in there....using the scroll bars on the side you can change the angle of view and then you can "play" the simulation by using the buttons that look like your play buttons on your CD player.

NOTICE THE DATE OF IMPACT: Between Jan 29th and Jan 30th 2008

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2007%20TU24;orb=1

You will see that the impact vector is in direct line with Earth.

My friend, who I cannot identify, because of security issues told me that NASA is about 50/50 as to whether this asteroid will impact Earth.

The dynamic variable that is in play is whether or not Earths gravity will pull the asteroid in.

The trajectory angle that the asteroid is approaching from is the southern hemisphere. The solutions currently show numerous scenarios impacting Earth.

The solutions that favor a Southern hemisphere impact are the most serious.

These solutions are a direct straight on impact.

The Northern hemisphere solutions vary widely from because there is the likelihood that the asteroid will fragment as it traverses Earths atmosphere.

There is no possible way of knowing with 100% certainty how much this object will fragment if the Northern hemisphere solution pans out. The solutions that have this NEO missing Earth have it passing perilously close to satellites in orbit and the International Space Station.

This is a very fluid situation that literally changes by the minute. NASA is keeping a tight lip on the situation as they do not know with certainty what will transpire. The game plan in these situations is to avoid civil unrest and end of day’s paranoia.

If it misses Earth, there is still a serious problem for widespread destruction. An asteroid doesn't have to impact Earth to cause damage.

Without getting to scientific, you can verify and read up more on this, but the asteroid if it misses Earth it will still pass close enough (Current projections for the furthest it will pass Earth are at 400,000 km ..THE MOON IS 600,000 KM away...so between the Earth and the Moon!! Yikes!!)

Anyway, its called Plasma discharge and basically its like Earth has this positively charged magnetic shell around it, and the asteroid is negatively charged magnetic shell so slamming threw our magnetic field could cause the following:

Unusual weather days before the arrival of TU24

In an electric solar system electric currents flowing between the solar plasma and the planets are the primary factors driving Earth’s weather patterns.

A spike in Earthquakes

A minor electrical disturbance of the Earth, due to the intrusion of a charged body, could trigger earthquakes, in the same way that electrical sunspot activity influences earthquakes.

Unusual regular periodic deviations of a compass needle days before January 29th

Changes to the Earth's ionosphere

The Earth’s atmosphere forms the dielectric of a capacitor with the two "plates" of the capacitor being the Earth and the ionosphere. The asteroid's electrical disturbance will cause pressure pulses in the atmosphere before and during TU24's arrival. (Note: a giant ionospheric disturbance accompanied the magnitude 9.3 earthquake of December 26, 2004)

The glowing of the sky before the event.

In the electric solar system, the planets and all comets and asteroids have plasma sheaths that isolate them electrically from the solar plasma. When two plasma sheaths "touch", the two bodies "see" each other electrically for the first time. Thus, the sky will glow.

Sorry for all the long drug out info, but you all have a right to be informed.

Worst case is a direct impact with Earth. NASA has not released their estimates on the size of the object. While this asteroid is NOT an Earth killer like you saw in the movie Armageddon, it only takes one the size of the Empire State building to destroy an entire city not to mention the planetary atmospheric disturbances it would cause.

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 08:57 AM
DisabledVet, that post is a hoax. The asteroid is only a quarter mile wide and the chances of it hitting a satellite or the space station is one in a zillion. Also the "Plasma discharge" crap is pure pseudo science (see my post again about the 1989 asteroid - no "plasma discharge" back then).

Bullshit #1

The solutions that have this NEO missing Earth have it passing perilously close to satellites in orbit and the International Space Station.

Bullshit #2

Anyway, its called Plasma discharge and basically its like Earth has this positively charged magnetic shell around it, and the asteroid is negatively charged magnetic shell so slamming threw our magnetic field could cause the following:

WilliamC
01-22-2008, 09:04 AM
yes but I need to know if I should start partying yet. I plan on going out with a bang if I have advanced warning :D

"hey hey, hey hey hey hey hey, join the club, party party every day"

Anyone, anyone?

Mark
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Hopi Blue Star or Blue Kachina Prophecy

An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius (http://www.crystalinks.com/sirius.html) is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.

A "blue star" that expanded as big as the sun appeared in the solar system several weeks ago.

It may very well be the fulfillment of this ancient prophecy. These are interesting times.

Joe3113
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/01/21/repeat-after-me-asteroid-2007-tu24-is-no-danger-to-earth/

Mark
01-22-2008, 09:09 AM
There has been a purposeful media blackout of the following information due to the real and present fear of mass pandemonium from all of the "sheeple" of Earth.

While the information I am about to give you is not classified, it is true and 100% verifiable.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA extremely concerned.

A former military colleague of mine is now a contract worker for NASA who develops and maintains the software applications for the Solar System Dynamic simulator and other NASA applications. He called me last night to inform me that NASA has their full focus and attention on this asteroid.

All software applications support staff have been directed to devote their time specifically to running solutions on this Near Earth Object. They are running solutions with different inputs and the results are so close to a direct impact that NASA has decided not to update the online simulator with these results.

This is a link to NASA's JPL (Jet Propulsion Labratory) NEA (Near Earth Asteroid) simulation model they are using.

You can play with it as it if fairly easy to use since all the data is in there....using the scroll bars on the side you can change the angle of view and then you can "play" the simulation by using the buttons that look like your play buttons on your CD player.

NOTICE THE DATE OF IMPACT: Between Jan 29th and Jan 30th 2008

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2007%20TU24;orb=1

You will see that the impact vector is in direct line with Earth.

My friend, who I cannot identify, because of security issues told me that NASA is about 50/50 as to whether this asteroid will impact Earth.

The dynamic variable that is in play is whether or not Earths gravity will pull the asteroid in.

The trajectory angle that the asteroid is approaching from is the southern hemisphere. The solutions currently show numerous scenarios impacting Earth.

The solutions that favor a Southern hemisphere impact are the most serious.

These solutions are a direct straight on impact.

The Northern hemisphere solutions vary widely from because there is the likelihood that the asteroid will fragment as it traverses Earths atmosphere.

There is no possible way of knowing with 100% certainty how much this object will fragment if the Northern hemisphere solution pans out. The solutions that have this NEO missing Earth have it passing perilously close to satellites in orbit and the International Space Station.

This is a very fluid situation that literally changes by the minute. NASA is keeping a tight lip on the situation as they do not know with certainty what will transpire. The game plan in these situations is to avoid civil unrest and end of day’s paranoia.

If it misses Earth, there is still a serious problem for widespread destruction. An asteroid doesn't have to impact Earth to cause damage.

Without getting to scientific, you can verify and read up more on this, but the asteroid if it misses Earth it will still pass close enough (Current projections for the furthest it will pass Earth are at 400,000 km ..THE MOON IS 600,000 KM away...so between the Earth and the Moon!! Yikes!!)

Unusual weather days before the arrival of TU24

In an electric solar system electric currents flowing between the solar plasma and the planets are the primary factors driving Earth’s weather patterns.

A spike in Earthquakes

A minor electrical disturbance of the Earth, due to the intrusion of a charged body, could trigger earthquakes, in the same way that electrical sunspot activity influences earthquakes.

Unusual regular periodic deviations of a compass needle days before January 29th

Changes to the Earth's ionosphere

The Earth’s atmosphere forms the dielectric of a capacitor with the two "plates" of the capacitor being the Earth and the ionosphere. The asteroid's electrical disturbance will cause pressure pulses in the atmosphere before and during TU24's arrival. (Note: a giant ionospheric disturbance accompanied the magnitude 9.3 earthquake of December 26, 2004)

The glowing of the sky before the event.

In the electric solar system, the planets and all comets and asteroids have plasma sheaths that isolate them electrically from the solar plasma. When two plasma sheaths "touch", the two bodies "see" each other electrically for the first time. Thus, the sky will glow.

Sorry for all the long drug out info, but you all have a right to be informed.

Worst case is a direct impact with Earth. NASA has not released their estimates on the size of the object. While this asteroid is NOT an Earth killer like you saw in the movie Armageddon, it only takes one the size of the Empire State building to destroy an entire city not to mention the planetary atmospheric disturbances it would cause.

It IS true. There's a blackout on the information. This is a VERY real danger.

Original_Intent
01-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Hopi Blue Star or Blue Kachina Prophecy

An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius (http://www.crystalinks.com/sirius.html) is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.

A "blue star" that expanded as big as the sun appeared in the solar system several weeks ago.

It may very well be the fulfillment of this ancient prophecy. These are interesting times.

We have been reading a lot of the same material it seems Mark!

I have read quite a bit about some of the Hopi prophecies, especially the pictogragh known as "prophecy rock" (google it if you haven't read about it)

Also I live in Utah and I met a Hopi woman at a conference on strengthening the family. We got talking and she was telling me that there is huge significance to the four corners area....interesting times and interesting stuff.

DFF
01-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Hmmm, well, maybe God's tired of big government, too. :D

ThisCharmingAzn
01-22-2008, 09:16 AM
u know we can only observe like 1% of the sky anyways?

so what are the chances that we'll see every single asteroid coming towards us?

BOOM!!!

Mark
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
We have been reading a lot of the same material it seems Mark!

I have read quite a bit about some of the Hopi prophecies, especially the pictogragh known as "prophecy rock" (google it if you haven't read about it)

Also I live in Utah and I met a Hopi woman at a conference on strengthening the family. We got talking and she was telling me that there is huge significance to the four corners area....interesting times and interesting stuff.

Yeah, there's a picture of the "prophecy rock" where I got the quote from:

http://www.crystalinks.com/hopiprophecyrock.gif

http://www.crystalinks.com/hopi2.html

Some people are completely unaware of the times we're in - some are more aware than that.

dougkeenan
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/01/21/repeat-after-me-asteroid-2007-tu24-is-no-danger-to-earth/

Bump for full link title:

"Repeat after me: asteroid TU24 is no danger to Earth."

That's from Phil Plait, an astronomer who's forgotten more about his subject than most of us will ever know.

markj
01-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Hmmm, well, maybe God's tired of big government, too. :D

+100000! :D

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah, there's a picture of the "prophecy rock" where I got the quote from:

http://www.crystalinks.com/hopiprophecyrock.gif

http://www.crystalinks.com/hopi2.html

Some people are completely unaware of the times we're in - some are more aware than that.

An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.

I read somewhere that comet holmes would pass over Sirius sometime this month. Anyone have information on that? :confused:

homah
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Finally, someone being sensible. Bunch of damn lunatics in this thread who haven't bothered to do any research. Stop making everyone panic, people.

Wyurm
01-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Finally, someone being sensible. Bunch of damn lunatics in this thread who haven't bothered to do any research. Stop making everyone panic, people.

Ahem, you're ruining the "we're all gonna die!!!" spirit of this thread.

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 09:27 AM

That's from Phil Plait, an astronomer who's forgotten more about his subject than most of us will ever know.

Repeat after me:

"Don't hit the panic button on stocks." Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:31 AM. By Tami Luhby. Newsday

"Don't Buy the Panic." by Ben Stein

"Don't be so quick to buy this crash" BloggingStocks.com

need I say more?

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 09:29 AM

That guy at badastronomy.com knows as much as you or I do. There is very little information about TU24 and you can't deny the blackout (try searching for TU24 on Google News)

FrankRep
01-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Panic and Fear!

lol

Akus
01-22-2008, 09:31 AM
in for later

m72mc
01-22-2008, 09:33 AM
COINTELPRO ?????????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 09:33 AM

This is the comment that a-hole makes about my video:

Hey, remember my slapping down a video that was full of baloney about asteroid TU24?

That video I made has NO BALONEY in it. All I did was use an image of a random asteroid to represent TU24 (because no images of TU24 exist on the internet).

The fact that the a-hole on badastronomy.com is clutching that one point to attack everything else proves how clueless he really is.

Wyurm
01-22-2008, 09:44 AM
This is the comment that a-hole makes about my video:

That video I made has NO BALONEY in it. All I did was use an image of a random asteroid to represent TU24 (because no images of TU24 exist on the internet).

The fact that the a-hole on badastronomy.com is clutching that one point to attack everything else proves how clueless he really is.

I think you might like this site: http://spaceweather.com/

If you scroll down it discusses PHAs (potentially hazardous asteroids). Seems to be a very useful resource for this type of info.

jaybone
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM

I mean really??

I choose to only worry about things that I have some tiny iota of control over.
If the asteroid hits, we are all toast.
There is simply nothing that we can do using known available technology to prevent a collision.

Ninja Homer
01-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Thank you for bringing it up again. Looks like 1/28 and 1/29 are the dates to watch for here.

It sure would be nice to have some input on the most likely place that could be affected.

3 meters is huge if it hits. If it does hit, all better hope it is in an ocean.

Didn't you read the first post? All the elites are in Switzerland... I'm hoping that's where it hits. :D

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I choose to only worry about things that I have some tiny iota of control over.
If the asteroid hits, we are all toast.
There is simply nothing that we can do using known available technology to prevent a collision.

The asteroid is big but not that big (1/4 of a mile wide). It would mainly cause regional damage if it hit (wiping out a city or a large tsunami if it hit an ocean).

Again, the data says it won't hit. The media blackout and changing MOID is what has people worried.

Sarge
01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
I did some checking and while it likely will miss, it should be watched. Note extremely strong target

Upcoming Goldstone Observations

Last update: 2008 January 15
http://echo.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroids/goldstone_asteroid_schedule.html

Needs
Needs Physical
Target Astrometry? Observations?
2008 Jan 23 2007 TU24 Yes Yes Scheduled. Extremely strong target. Also scheduled at Arecibo.
2008 Feb (4450) Pan No Yes Also scheduled at Arecibo. Very strong target.
2008 Feb (153591) 2001 SN263 Yes Yes Also scheduled at Arecibo.
2008 Feb 2002 TD66 Yes Yes Also scheduled at Arecibo.
2008 Apr 2005 NB7 Yes Yes Also requested at Arecibo.
2008 Jul (90403) 2003 YE45 No Yes Also requested at Arecibo. Very strong target.
2008 Jul 2005 RC34 Yes Yes Astrometry needed in June-July, 2008. Also requested at Arecibo.
2008 Aug (35107) 1991 VH No Yes BINARY. Also requested at Arecibo.
2008 Sep 2000 DP107 Yes Yes BINARY. Also requested at Arecibo.
2008 Sep (137032) 1998 UO1 No Yes Also requested at Arecibo.
2008 Oct 2005 GN59 Yes Yes Astrometry needed in Sep. 2008.
2008 Nov (4179) Toutatis No No CANCELLED

2009 Jan (136849) 1998 CS1 Not yet Yes Astrometry needed in late 2008 just before closest approach
2009 Feb 2006 AS2 Yes Yes
2009 Feb 1999 AQ10 YES Yes
2009 Jun (136617) 1994 CC Not yet Yes Astrometry needed in 2009 just before closest approach
2009 Sep 2000 CO101 Yes Yes
2009 Sep (152664) 1998 FW4 Yes Yes
2009 Oct (68216) 2001 CV26 Yes Yes GOLDSTONE MAY BE OFFLINE FOR MAINTENANCE
2009 Oct 1999 AP10 Yes Yes GOLDSTONE MAY BE OFFLINE FOR MAINTENANCE

DisabledVet
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
DisabledVet, that post is a hoax. The asteroid is only a quarter mile wide and the chances of it hitting a satellite or the space station is one in a zillion. Also the "Plasma discharge" crap is pure pseudo science (see my post again about the 1989 asteroid - no "plasma discharge" back then).

Bullshit #1

Bullshit #2

Sorry but you've been embarrassed. The asteroid DOES exist...haven't you actually read any of this thread, or perhaps take a gander at NASA's website?

Perhaps you should actually THINK, COMPREHEND and LEARN before spouting off with mindless drivel.

Paulitical Correctness
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
This ain't Godlike Productions, mayne. :rolleyes:

Original_Intent
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I did the hour by hour step thru on the Nasa site, and their projections have TU24 at closest getting within 400K miles of earth, about the distance from the earth to the moon. A near miss, but still a miss. Maybe it will hit the moon (the moon would have to be in "just" the right part of it's orbit for this to happen, obviously.)

Mark, have you read about the other Hopi prophecies and about the Hopi elders that have spoken befoer the UN, etc? Interesting reading.

DisabledVet
01-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Hmm Funny NASA seems to think otherwise.

Perhaps, all of the scientists, physicists and astronomers at NASA are just smoking the weed?

Ill take NASA's word over your one little guys word.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Holmes isn't blue, and you couldn't even see it in the city. It was very faint in the country sky. That's why it didn't make much news.
Kachina is supposed to be noticeable on every spot on the planet and blatantly obvious.

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry but you've been embarrassed. The asteroid DOES exist...haven't you actually read any of this thread, or perhaps take a gander at NASA's website?

Perhaps you should actually THINK, COMPREHEND and LEARN before spouting off with mindless drivel.

lol. sorry. I was attacking that post, not you. I saw that post on a few conspiracy sites and it had people very worried. IMO that particular post is a hoax. I know the asteroid exists. I made a YouTube video about it :)

homah
01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Hmm Funny NASA seems to think otherwise.

Perhaps, all of the scientists, physicists and astronomers at NASA are just smoking the weed?

Ill take NASA's word over your one little guys word.

Where do you see that NASA thinks there is a danger? Link please.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Is Elvis in one of these bomb shelters?

Moving to Hot Topics in 5.4.3.2....

Shink
01-22-2008, 10:21 AM

I mean really??

I think he wants to send Bruce Willis on a suicide mission.

Buy Ramen and water. Tons of it. Gather fire making materials. Charge your iPod.

Elwar
01-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe it'll fall on the other candidates and Ron Paul will win by default.

thomaspaine23
01-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Question is where are the people in power going to be?

Bush,Cheney,Chertoff,Clinton,McCain???

The Florida Primary is Jan 29th, so if the two "front-runners" are somewhere else, then
worry....

werdd
01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
lol this asteroid is no earth killer anyhow, if it were to hit we could be 75% confident it would land in water, and probably cause a typhoon and we could evacuate in time.

tommy7154
01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Where is any real evidence that NASA is concerned about this? It isn't even on their front page. Bunch of loons coming in here with bs claims...

RickyJ
01-22-2008, 10:42 AM
We got talking and she was telling me that there is huge significance to the four corners area....interesting times and interesting stuff.

Like what?

tommy7154
01-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Out of respect for Ron Paul and the rest of us why don't you take this to a different forum and stop making the rest of us look like nuts.

enjerth
01-22-2008, 10:52 AM
So are we going to start a chip-in?

cageybee
01-22-2008, 11:10 AM
CIA propaganda. don't believe this crap!

Mark
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I did the hour by hour step thru on the Nasa site, and their projections have TU24 at closest getting within 400K miles of earth, about the distance from the earth to the moon. A near miss, but still a miss. Maybe it will hit the moon (the moon would have to be in "just" the right part of it's orbit for this to happen, obviously.)

Mark, have you read about the other Hopi prophecies and about the Hopi elders that have spoken befoer the UN, etc? Interesting reading.

I haven't read that much, I mostly got into it after reading about the blue star Kachina showing up.

I'll check into it.

Here's an interesting animation of another blue star.

http://www.nasa.gov/mov/186071main_V-MiraAnim-Web2.mov

NASA finds ‘Blue Star’: Hopi prophecy fulfilled

http://www.chycho.com/?q=blue_star

2young2vote
01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Would something that big get burned up in the atmosphere? One time when i was young i was trick-or-treating and i saw something going through the sky and it was HUGE. atleast it looked huge and it was bright with a long tail and it was on fire. It was really cool.

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Would something that big get burned up in the atmosphere?

If it hit (it won't hit but if it did), then the atmosphere would have little to no effect on it before striking ground or water.

Also hitting land is a thousand times better than if it hit an ocean. The tsunami from an asteroid would make the Indonesian tsunami look like a small ripple.

cageybee
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
come on people, are you kidding me? this ic CIA propaganda. I won't be surprised if it is headed for Iran.

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 12:25 PM
come on people, are you kidding me? this ic CIA propaganda. I won't be surprised if it is headed for Iran.

How can it be propaganda if none of the news sites have ever reported on it?

I know the CIA is completely incompetent, but you have to give them more credit than that :p

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
bump

Give me liberty
01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I wonder if that asteroid is really a ufo space :/

Original_Intent
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Like what?

The Hopi's say the four corners area is some kind of focus point for the earth and essentially any major disturbance of the region magnifies out to the rest of the planet. Anything like major mining or other big disruption of the area they believe will cause major climate problems/ earthquakes/ etc.

Not saying I buy it, it was an interesting conversation though.

This link has some interesting info

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/prophecy/hopi1.html

Here is an excerpt (the interpretation of the prophecy is on the linked page)

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

ronpaulfan
01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
I wonder if that asteroid is really a ufo space :/

;)

ronpaulfan
01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
bump

billyjoeallen
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’
You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’
You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Don’t you understand what I’m tryin’ to say
Can’t you feel the fears I’m feelin’ today?
If the button is pushed, there’s no runnin’ away
There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave
[Take a look around ya boy, it's bound to scare ya boy]

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’
I’m sitting here just contemplatin’
I can’t twist the truth, it knows no regulation.
Handful of senators don’t pass legislation
And marches alone can’t bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin’
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Think of all the hate there is in Red China
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama
You may leave here for 4 days in space
But when you return, it’s the same old place
The poundin’ of the drums, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don’t leave a trace
Hate your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace
And… tell me over and over and over and over again, my friend
You don’t believe
We’re on the eve
Of destruction
Mm, no no, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

-Barry McGuire

NASA supporter
01-29-2008, 07:42 PM
The inflated threat of harmless 2007 TU24 is to MASK the mining potential
of some of the metallic asteroids with the *right stuff*. We're only one
cheaper launch away from retrieving elemental platinum from asteroids
like Amun, purportedly worth $4 trillion.

NASA supporter

(Just because I support NASA now is no reason to believe that the latest
Ares will ever make it to the launch pad *cheaply*).