PDA

View Full Version : GREAT Ron Paul mention in Iowa on WHO Radio

Dave
07-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm out in a cornfield by the highway erecting some massive Ron Paul signage today and I have Jan Mickelson on WHO. I pick up the words Ron Paul and run to the radio! Apparently Jan Mickelson is leaving church Sunday and finds Ron Paul's "Statement of Faith" hanging from the door handle on his car!

Mickelson was really moved by what he read and thought it was remarkable. He talked about it for a few minutes at the end of his show today. Advertising like this would cost a fortune!

Go here for the podcast (the July 30 show). He even posted the Statement of Faith on this site and called it inspirational.

http://www.mickelson.libsyn.com/

Right now the link is wrong as it's referencing the 7/27 show. I emailed WHO about that. Also, at first I thought about asking someone to slice off the end of the program and post it for everyone here but I think it makes a larger statement when we go hit Mickelson's site individually - remember how we've nearly brought the site down in the past and the extra coverage we got from that? Let's show him and everyone else in the media what happens when they talk about Ron Paul. We can all go download the whole show (when it's up) and just focus on the last few mintues where it happened.

Hat's off to the Iowa supporters (and everywhere else) who are out doing things like this - look at the effect! I have a feeling 'John of Des Moines' may have been behind this one as I know he's been working outside churches. Nice work!

Lord Xar
07-30-2007, 01:53 PM
awesome!!!!!
Keep your ears open in the next few days for other things too!

mport1
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
See our efforts do work. You never know where we may find supporters. Everybody keep distributing literature everywhere you go.

RP08
07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
What a great idea! (statement of faith in church parking lots w/flier)

Thanks for posting this.

JoshLowry
07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I need an "I <3 Jan Mickelson" bumper sticker.

Dave
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
WHO has fixed the link! Go get it! Starts about 1:29:00.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm out in a cornfield by the highway erecting some massive Ron Paul signage today and I have Jan Mickelson on WHO. I pick up the words Ron Paul and run to the radio! Apparently Jan Mickelson is leaving church Sunday and finds Ron Paul's "Statement of Faith" hanging from the door handle on his car!

Mickelson was really moved by what he read and thought it was remarkable. He talked about it for a few minutes at the end of his show today. Advertising like this would cost a fortune!

Go here for the podcast (the July 30 show). He even posted the Statement of Faith on this site and called it inspirational.

Right now the link is wrong as it's referencing the 7/27 show. I emailed WHO about that. Also, at first I thought about asking someone to slice off the end of the program and post it for everyone here but I think it makes a larger statement when we go hit Mickelson's site individually - remember how we've nearly brought the site down in the past and the extra coverage we got from that? Let's show him and everyone else in the media what happens when they talk about Ron Paul. We can all go download the whole show (when it's up) and just focus on the last few mintues where it happened.

Hat's off to the Iowa supporters (and everywhere else) who are out doing things like this - look at the effect! I have a feeling 'John of Des Moines' may have been behind this one as I know he's been working outside churches. Nice work!

Dave, should we check with John and see if they have something like this planned in and surrounding Ames this Sunday?

JoshLowry
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Email Mickelson (mickelson@netins.net?Subject=Podcast) a thank you!

mickelson@netins.net

Dustancostine
07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Whoo Hoo

That Statement really works wonders. I am including in all of my mail outs.

Another example of its power. Yesterday I went to eat at a diner for breakfast here in Bismarck and I was standing behind a elderly man and his wife, you could tell they were dressed up for Church. While we were waiting a Catholic Priest was leaving the diner and the man and priest knew each other and started talking. During their conversation I overheard that the man in front of me was a preacher. Luckily I had my envelopes and letters with me, so I pulled out a statement of faith and proceed to offer it to the preacher. He asked me what it was and I told him and he said dismissively "I don't want it" (I think he thought I was a missionary trying to convert him to something else). His wife though asked me again what it was and I told her. She ended up taking it while her husband, the preacher, was talking to the hostess and read it, even as her husband went off with the hostess to their table. She stood there beside me and read the entire thing. When she was done she looked up at me and said "I will go to his website when we get home." Later while I was eating I saw her reading it to her husband.

This statement really works....

-Dustan

tiznow
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Dave do you have or know where i can get this "statement of faith" flyer so I could print some off for myself. Sounds like a good idea I could go around on sunday mornings in the iowa city area and do this as well. I found it on Jan Michelson's webpage nevermind.

ARealConservative
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Dave do you have or know where i can get this "statement of faith" flyer so I could print some off for myself. Sounds like a good idea I could go around on sunday mornings in the iowa city area and do this as well.

http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

Dave
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
For myself, I find the humble nature of the Statement of Faith to be very powerful and genuine.

I hand out a tri-fold, slim jim, and the Statement of Faith when I visit county GOP committee meetings. I'm sure 97% of these people are pro-life Christians. They will agree with the Christian message and the pro-life message and I think many of them will really learn something from the "just war" message.

Dave
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
tiznow,

I cut and paste it into Word and chop off the reference to Paul Dorr at the bottom since I don't know anything about that - I don't think he's an employee of the campaign. I leave the contact info for the campaign. Then I print it up nicely front/back on one sheet of paper and fold it up with a tri-fold and a slim jim.

nullvalu
07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow - he really was inspired & at the end said he'd talk more about it tomorrow..

G-khan
07-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Sent email thanking him!

krott5333
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
GENIUS.

I'm going to print out that statement of faith and hit the windshields in all the church parking lots on sunday!

I'm such a devious and evil little campaigner :D

markpa
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
This is a good idea...I'll bring it up @ the next meet-up.

Birdlady
07-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I may have to do this as well. Good idea! There are several HUGE churches in this area. I could easily pass out 700 flyers at one mass. They have 3 or 4 each sunday!

Larofeticus
07-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Advertising that good can't be bought.

I'll definately check back tomorrow to see if he has more to say.

And i'm gonna try and duplicate the statement of faith on cars during church services. South Carolina has quite a few churches...

ronpaulitician
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Is Iowa a very religious state? I'm an atheist, but hearing how well this statement of faith was received by this host, I'm thinking I may include it in the letters I'll be mailing out tomorrow.

Shatterhand
07-30-2007, 05:01 PM
I listened to the podcast. Sounded great. Is this radio guy Jan very popular in Iowa?

BIG_J
07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Uh; I think it was was believed that there was a Protestant "Trust" running the entire show in Iowa...Kind of like how some people believe there is a Jewish "Trust" running the universe...

So, yeah; faith is a big deal.

Badger Paul
07-30-2007, 05:03 PM
We just got the equivalent of several radio ads for nothing. Yowza!

BIG_J
07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Dude; someone Digg this podcast! Let's bring the server to it's knees OOOHHH YEAH!

guntherg16
07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014362.html

Check this out.

Dustancostine
07-30-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014362.html

Check this out.

Good Job Dave, made it to lew rockwell's blog.

This forum is freak'n awesome.

tiznow
07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Is Iowa a very religious state? I'm an atheist, but hearing how well this statement of faith was received by this host, I'm thinking I may include it in the letters I'll be mailing out tomorrow.

I'd personally leave this out. This is something you definetely want to direct solely at the church crowd as it will go over well with a large majority of them. Abortion itself is such a sticky issue with most people that you want to make sure you're directing this towards people that for the most part are against abortion.

tiznow
07-30-2007, 07:07 PM
tiznow,

I cut and paste it into Word and chop off the reference to Paul Dorr at the bottom since I don't know anything about that - I don't think he's an employee of the campaign. I leave the contact info for the campaign. Then I print it up nicely front/back on one sheet of paper and fold it up with a tri-fold and a slim jim.

thanks for the suggestion. yeah was wondering who that paul dorr guy was. I'll start doing this after things settle down with debates and straw poll.

guntherg16
07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Good Job Dave, made it to lew rockwell's blog.

This forum is freak'n awesome.

I agree.

G-khan
07-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Wow - he really was inspired & at the end said he'd talk more about it tomorrow..

Anyone got a link that works to the live broadcast? The one on their front page seems dead....

BIG_J
07-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Boo-yeah. Bringing thier server to it's knees!

ghemminger
07-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Bump

ghemminger
07-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Where can I get this Statement of faith?

G-khan
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM

:)

Slugg
07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, the Testament of Faith is very powerful.

We need to get this to all the Churches, Deacons, and Pastors who will listen.

freelance
07-31-2007, 11:37 AM
That's awesome. The statement of faith is worth its weight in gold. The people don't want a decider who feels he's the second coming...

Keep your ears open in the next few days for other things too!

UMMMMM, can't wait. ;-)

richard1984
07-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I like how he said “one of the political campaigns had leafleted the cars in the parking lot.” Of course, when most people hear this they probably assume that the actual campaign committee spent money they raised on this leafleting. But, of course, the Ron Paul campaign breaks all of the stereotypes. I just love the fact that because we are so passionate about Dr. Paul that we are sometimes mistaken for actual paid campaign members. Has there ever been greater, more enthusiastic support for a presidential candidate than there is for Ron Paul? I rather doubt it.

I'm planning on leafleting the cars at my church this coming Sunday. :D

spacebetween
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
I like how he said “one of the political campaigns had leafleted the cars in the parking lot.” Of course, when most people hear this they probably assume that the actual campaign committee spent money they raised on this leafleting. But, of course, the Ron Paul campaign breaks all of the stereotypes. I just love the fact that because we are so passionate about Dr. Paul that we are sometimes mistaken for actual paid campaign members. Has there ever been greater, more enthusiastic support for a presidential candidate than there is for Ron Paul? I rather doubt it.

I'm planning on leafleting the cars at my church this coming Sunday. :D

Same thing when it comes to the Internet. Anytime Ron Paul wins something on the Internet, or gets big attention for something, it's because the "Ron Paul Campaign" did it.

I guess we're all apart of the Ron Paul Campaign, though. :)

Ninja Homer
07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Any mention of Ron Paul on today's show (the 31st)? It is up now, but I haven't listened yet.

Dave
07-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Any mention of Ron Paul on today's show (the 31st)? It is up now, but I haven't listened yet.

No mention today.

sunny
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM

sunny
07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Anyone got a link that works to the live broadcast? The one on their front page seems dead....

http://www.mickelson.libsyn.com

go to july 30 broadcast and click on direct download and go all way almost to the end...
it's the last 5 minutes or so...

LibertyEagle
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Did he say anymore today?

Shink
07-31-2007, 06:18 PM

Awesome. He's half an inch from endorsing him.;) "This is not an endorsement, but I endorse what he said."