PDA

View Full Version : Great RP article by Don Luskin in today's NRO

gjdavis60
01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Y2Q5MDM2NzZkNzU5ZDEwYTI3ODg5YjY2YWZlMjFkYTc=

This economic crisis is going to get Ron more press.

homah
01-22-2008, 08:17 AM
"The Paulonomics Factor
Ron Paul can’t win, but he could make a real difference in the economics debate."

I couldn't stomach reading the article after that.

gjdavis60
01-22-2008, 08:24 AM
"The Paulonomics Factor
Ron Paul can’t win, but he could make a real difference in the economics debate."

No one knows how this campaign or this movement will turn out. In an environment of such uncertainty, anything can happen. The article is a well-written and thoughtful endorsement of Ron's positions.

homah
01-22-2008, 08:26 AM
No one knows how this campaign or this movement will turn out. In an environment of such uncertainty, anything can happen.

Agreed. That's why I get sick of the first line of an article being "Ron Paul can't win." The rest of the article may very well be fantastic, but that first line is an unnecessary slap in the face.

undergroundrr
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Great article! Yes, the "Ron Paul can't win" thing is a turnoff. But this is a knockout run-down of Dr. Paul's economic policies and casts him as a quintessential conservative.

I had a thought. Maybe, if you're in the MSM, "Ron Paul can't win" is your ticket to writing a resolutely pro-Paul article.

sratiug
01-22-2008, 09:03 AM
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/The_Paulonomics_Factor_Recordholder_6_million_in_o ne_day

digg it

Badger Paul
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
This is a very good article and it shows that by campaigning, even if we don't win we advance our ideas to a wider audience. Sometimes it's the losing camapaigns that do more historically than the winners do, think Goldwater, Stevenson, McGovern and so forth.

undergroundrr
01-22-2008, 09:12 AM
It's like the George Will "To be a true fiscal conservative you have to be against the war" quote has been expanded into an extended article.

atthegates
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
It's like the George Will "To be a true fiscal conservative you have to be against the war" quote has been expanded into an extended article.

this is exactly what i want ron to say in debates and interviews.

FSP-Rebel
01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Can Luskin refer to Dr. Paul as a 'nut' or 'nutty' one more time plz? I mean, Christ:rolleyes:

blakjak
01-22-2008, 11:10 AM
"The Paulonomics Factor

You should. It's a good article.

jacmicwag
01-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Maybe the tide is starting to turn back in our favor.

Grandson of Liberty
01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
"Ron Paul can't win."

"Billy will never be a good student."

Self-fulfilling prophecies at their worst. They certainly have no place in education or journalism.

affa
01-22-2008, 11:24 AM
"The Paulonomics Factor

You are missing the point. If it started fawning over Paul, other people not yet into Paul would have had the same reaction and not read the article. This article pulls those people in and then does a very good job at showing them the light.

This is a wonderful article and should be spread far and wide.

affa
01-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I had a thought. Maybe, if you're in the MSM, "Ron Paul can't win" is your ticket to writing a resolutely pro-Paul article.

Exactly. It also is a sure-fire way to get people who might not like Dr. Paul for whatever reason to read the article and get turned on to him (kinky!).

Grandson of Liberty
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
You are missing the point. If it started fawning over Paul, other people not yet into Paul would have had the same reaction and not read the article. This article pulls those people in and then does a very good job at showing them the light.

This is a wonderful article and should be spread far and wide.

I disagree. It doesn't have to fawn over him, just be fair- and stating as fact that he can't win is not fair.

affa
01-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I disagree. It doesn't have to fawn over him, just be fair- and stating as fact that he can't win is not fair.

Starting it off this way guarantees people that agree with that message will read it (in the same way that some in this thread were turned off) - and then he works at massaging Dr. Paul's message.

This isn't a soundbite on the news (which IS propaganda against Dr. Paul), this is the lead-in to a great article on the Dr. in which the author does a good job of defending him.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Awesome! I like his line about "Big government conservatives." That's what we need to brand Rudy, Mitt and McCain.

Also, since when has RP been "flamboyant"? :)

wfd40
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
"The Paulonomics Factor

Ever seen Rocky?? Guess why people LOVE ROCKY so much...

UNDERDOG!

Personally, I believe that Ruskin here, is playing the part of the 'antagonist' ... the "You can't win Rocky.. these guys are KILLERS, you're too old! too weak! too pure"

Ruskin knows America's affinity towards such... though I dare say that the MSM doesn't and is seriously walking blindly into an UNDERDOG-TRAP set by none-other than themselves.

The tide will turn.. and Dr. Paul will CAPITALIZE on these comments like none-other. Just imagine a commercial.. negative/deriding quote after quote.. then epic music showing all of his powerful fund raising numbers, his huge crowds and perfect quotes by Reagan, McCain and others championing his integrity. Then Dr. Paul himself delivering something to the affect of "People say that a fiscal conservative and champion of the constitution can't win.. I say HE CAN"

:)

bobbyw24
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I tried to Digg the article, but the link came up blank. Wrong link or an effort to bury another article that is pro-Ron Paul?

ddoggphx
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Excellent article.

Grandson of Liberty
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Starting it off this way guarantees people that agree with that message will read it (in the same way that some in this thread were turned off) - and then he works at massaging Dr. Paul's message.

I hope you are right. . . and I admit that you might be.

garyallen59
01-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Luskin just endorsed Ron Paul

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/22/more-from-don-luskin-luskin-endorses-ron-paul/

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
This is just what I predicted, and it's good news.

The mainstream press is backing 100years McCain and Huck is kissing up to Him. The GOP establishment is backing Romney. If We back Romney in what is looking like a two horse race, we will get a seat at the table-Maybe a VP slot. NRO is paving the way for us to be welcomed back into the fold.

9iu11iani and HuntforFredOctober are dead in the water.

wfd40
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Luskin just endorsed Ron Paul

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/22/more-from-don-luskin-luskin-endorses-ron-paul/

::CUES ROCKY THEME SONG::

WAIT!! THATS IT! THAT SHOULD BE THE OFFICIAL SONG OF THE CAMPAIGN!

thoughts??

:D

VoluntaryMan
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
What's with this "he can't win" crap? Is that the author's obligatory way of saying "I'm about to praise Ron Paul, but I'm contractually required to instruct you to not vote for him"?

Virtually unanimous journalist opinion:

1) Ron Paul is a principled and decent man.

2) Ron Paul is the only candidate who is right about a number of critical issues.

3) Ron Paul continues to soundly trounce 2 candidates we keep touting as "frontrunners" and "top tier."

4) He can't win.

I'm starting to suspect they will continue this mantra, even when he is the party nominee. They are truly shameless shills.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Best fucking article yet about Paul's plans for the economy. Where are the "conservatives"? Are they reading this?

Shink
01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
80% Good article. The rest is to be expected, sadly. How is it 'nutty' to say that the Federal Reserve is hiding the actual inflation numbers? I sure haven't seen the numbers. I can go to the store across the street and look at a fucking gallon of milk getting close to 4 dollars (and this is fucking IOWA!!!) and know that everyone is being lied to.

Shink
01-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh shit--good catch on the endorsement!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul_presidential_campaign%2C_2008#Endorsement s

Someone put him into the 'Pedia!

Grandson of Liberty
01-22-2008, 12:09 PM
How is it 'nutty' to say that the Federal Reserve is hiding the actual inflation numbers? I sure haven't seen the numbers. I can go to the store across the street and look at a ******* gallon of milk getting close to 4 dollars (and this is ******* IOWA!!!) and know that everyone is being lied to.

Excellent point. Whenever I happen to hit the grocery store with my wife, I think she gets tired of hearing me mutter, "Yeah, no inflation going on here." :rolleyes:

BillyFromPhilly
01-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Luskin is a moron. He is one of those people that after the bursting of the bubble should have just gone away.

For those that don't remember Mr. Luskin's previous stint as head of MetaMarkets, a mutual fund that telegraphed all of its buying and selling in real time on the internet, it was a spectacular failure. He lost hundreds of millions of his clients' hard earned dollars all the while trumpeting his own genius.

He writes that he agrees with many of Paul's poistions and talks him up while calling him a "nutty" and saying he can't win. This is the type of support that one without a backbone would provide. He knows Paul makes sense and he know the arguments are all valid, yet treats him as a pariah.

When it comes down to it, fuck Don Luskin. Wake me up when he grows a set of balls.

affa
01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
When it comes down to it, fuck Don Luskin. Wake me up when he grows a set of balls.

This is your alarm clock.
KARRRRIIIIIINING
KARRRRIIIIIINING

Luskin officially Endorses Ron Paul

BillyFromPhilly
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
This is your alarm clock.
KARRRRIIIIIINING
KARRRRIIIIIINING

Luskin officially Endorses Ron Paul

I saw that :D

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Luskin is a moron. He is one of those people that after the bursting of the bubble should have just gone away.

For those that don't remember Mr. Luskin's previous stint as head of MetaMarkets, a mutual fund that telegraphed all of its buying and selling in real time on the internet, it was a spectacular failure. He lost hundreds of millions of his clients' hard earned dollars all the while trumpeting his own genius.

He writes that he agrees with many of Paul's poistions and talks him up while calling him a "nutty" and saying he can't win. This is the type of support that one without a backbone would provide. He knows Paul makes sense and he know the arguments are all valid, yet treats him as a pariah.

My email:

Thank you for an excellent article highlighting Ron Paul's stance on the economic issues we are facing. I have only one complaint. Ron Paul is electable. Thanks again.

His response:

My editor wrote that headline without my knowledge or consent. You should complain at letters@nationalreview.com.

-=-=-=-=-

Donald L. Luskin
Chief Investment Officer, Trend Macrolytics LLC

JohnnyWrath
01-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Anyone else getting sick of people wanting other candidates to think like Ron Paul instead of just voting for Ron Paul himself?

Goldwater Conservative
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
He tied for second-place (with John McCain) in Nevada on Saturday.

14 = 13 ?

angrydragon
01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Donald Luskin's excellent piece at NRO had a headline saying that, of course, Ron Paul cannot win. Mr. Luskin responds to Andrew Borzone: "My editor wrote that headline without my knowledge or consent."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018835.html

tsopranos
01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Donald Luskin's excellent piece at NRO had a headline saying that, of course, Ron Paul cannot win. Mr. Luskin responds to Andrew Borzone: "My editor wrote that headline without my knowledge or consent."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018835.html

+1

Was just about to post this. That seemed totally out of place considering everything I've heard from Don Luskin and the content of this piece.

Wonderful article minus the editor's commenting as if he were Don. The editor deserves a slap across the face as he's booted out the door.