PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT! Whoever is doing this crap, please stop it

Dave Wood
01-22-2008, 07:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgEdcgFnNqw

Granted this guy, the complaintant, is a total loser anyway. If someone did this to my house I would be ticked off too.

DO NOT AFFIX ANYTHING TO ANYONES PROPRERTY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT DAMAGE YOU MIGHT LEAVE BEHIND WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO REMOVE IT.

:o:o:o:o

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Stuff could also be done on purpose to purport us as the vandalizes. Just a thought.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Oh lord, It was freakin tape that it took him two seconds to take off. I don't leave tape like that but geez people need to quit being pussies, lol.

Stuff could also be done on purpose to purport us as the vandalizes. Just a thought.

agreed..

Paulite
01-22-2008, 07:13 AM
CRAP. how come people here exagerate everything.

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:13 AM
"OMG BLUE ELECTRICAL TAPE, THIS STICKY CRAP"

What a baby.

libertythor
01-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Its kind of like the WAAAAAAAAHHH SPAAAAMMMM people, except this involves property rights, and we must respect those.

Its funny how people on YouTube and Digg deem anything they don't agree with as spam.

John of Des Moines
I think it is total b.s. What better way to smear Doctor Paul. Notice the guy states no documentation of where, when, and who other then to say Ron Paul vandals.

Lois
Looks like the tape came off clean to me. I thought "solicitation" meant trying to sell something in exchange for money. I didn't know 'solicitation' meant trying to give free information.

rfbz
01-22-2008, 07:16 AM
omg blue tape, quick get the video camera I'm gonna put this on youtube!

phree
01-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm less concerned with damage from the blue tape because it doesn't stick aggressively. I'm more concerned because we converted someone who doesn't want to be bothered into a dedicated enemy of Ron Paul. He's likely going to tell everyone he knows that Ron Paul volunteers are rude idiots.

Way to go fools.

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm less concerned with damage from the blue tape because it doesn't stick aggressively. I'm more concerned because we converted someone who doesn't want to be bothered into a dedicated enemy of Ron Paul. He's likely going to tell everyone he knows that Ron Paul volunteers are rude idiots.

Way to go fools.

Supporters of other campaigns do that already. Nothing we can't get around and show people how intelligent and articulate we can be.

phree
Instead of starting conspiracy theories about how Giulliani did it, or making excuses about how easy the tape is to remove, why not focus on the fact that many grassrooters engage in counterproductive tactics. Is it so hard to imagine? I've seen plenty of examples first hand.

Dave Wood
I agree the guy was a loser and that is actually painters tape=expensive stuff designed not to stick. If it is left on long enough though, it will damage what it is affixed to.

Just slip the literature through the crack in the door.

It only takes one loser like this, to poison a whole neighborhood. Lets just try to respect peoples property.

phree
01-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Excuse me but, DID ANYONE NOTICE THE NO SOLICITING SIGN?!

Dave Wood
01-22-2008, 07:23 AM

Way to go fools.

And this guy is the worst kind....a whiny complainer who will complain to every single person he can get to listen to his drivel.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:25 AM
thanks, I wasn't going to say anything but every post by phree is like nails on a chalkboard...

humanic
01-22-2008, 07:25 AM
From "Solicitation" entry on Wikipedia:

The term 'solicitation' always implies some sort of commercial element (payment). Local ordinances that forbid solicitation may prevent door-to-door sales, but they cannot exclude Jehovah's Witnesses, political candidates or others who advocate a position, but do not offer or request money.

Also, that tape was clearly like a post-it note and came right off.

That being said...

Way to go fools.

QFT. Even if he is a crybaby who doesn't know what solicitation is, he clearly has a big mouth and will spread negative bullshit about RP. We can be more professional than sloppily taping slimjims to doors

[Edit: That guy joined YouTube today-- Jan 22-- and that is his only video. That means he joined YouTube specifically so he could post that video, even knowing before posting it that it wasn't "sticky electrical tape" like he claimed. This makes his motives very suspect to me and gives little credibility to his claims in my eyes.]

pcosmar
01-22-2008, 07:27 AM

What a baby.

That blue tape was masking tape, and seldom leaves anything behind.
In fact that blue tape was reformulated to be easy to remove after an extended period of time.

The guy is a whiny shit. However, when promoting Ron Paul be careful to not offend stupid whiny shits, They might cry or something.

PaultheSaint
01-22-2008, 07:29 AM
What a Jackass. It's Painters tape and I'm suprised it just didn't full off. That stuff isn't sticky the least bit.

But yea, if this is true, it personally says No Solicieting, so if true they should have skipped that house.

But fact remains, that guy was a drama queen. I love is deep sigh..lmao...

Fields
01-22-2008, 07:31 AM
What a Jackass. It's Painters tape and I'm suprised it just didn't full off. That stuff isn't sticky the least bit.

But yea, if this is true, it personally says No Solicieting, so if true they should have skipped that house.

But fact remains, that guy was a drama queen. I love is deep sigh..lmao...

Refer to post 17. Soliciting is alright.

123tim
01-22-2008, 07:31 AM
If you look at any of my other post you'll notice that I really try to be polite.

Please don't make comments about how stupid this man is.
Please don't make comments about the painters tape.

Go to utube right now and post an apologetic post.

Are we all so stupid to see that our negative comments will hurt the campaign?
Think with your brain and then use your mouth.

Thank you.
Tim

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:33 AM
If you look at any of my other post you'll notice that I really try to be polite.

Are we all so stupid to see that our comments hurt the campaign?

Thank you.
Tim

IT WAS PAINTERS TAPE!!!! lol, thats cool, I'll leave the appoligizing for something that may or may not have been done by Paul supporters up to you. That is the beauty of this grassroots movement, the diversity is amazing... amazing... :D

humanic
01-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Note: That guys join date for YouTube is Jan 22 (today) and that's his only video.

phree
thanks, I wasn't going to say anything but every post by phree is like nails on a chalkboard...

I don't design my posts to be pleasant to you or anyone else. I design them to criticize a grassroots movement that is more emotional and reactive than it is thoughtful and effective.

123tim
IT WAS PAINTERS TAPE!!!! lol, thats cool, I'll leave the appoligizing for something that may or may not have been done by Paul supporters up to you.

It doesn't really mater who actually might have put up the fliers. What does matter is what we say to potential voters.

We've lost votes because of our comments.
We're going to lose a lot more now.

Thanks.
Tim

RPDelegate
01-22-2008, 07:36 AM

Way to go fools.

Judging by the tone in his voice and such, it sounded to me like he already knew who RP was and how much work his supporters are doing. Sounded like he already wasn't a supporter.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't design my posts to be pleasant to you or anyone else. I design them to criticize a grassroots movement that is more emotional and reactive than it is thoughtful and effective.

Ron Paul's grassroots movement has single handedly got him where he is today, no thanks to the media. So before you criticize something as positive as the grassroots movement, maybe you should step back and reevaluate your purpose on these boards. [edit/forum guidelines]

phree
01-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Refer to post 17. Soliciting is alright.

Correction: Soliciting is legal, but that doesn't make it "alright".

In this case it inspired someone who obviously doesn't want to be bothered into an anti-Paul crusader.

pcosmar
01-22-2008, 07:38 AM

Are we all so stupid to see that our comments hurt the campaign?

Thank you.
Tim

I'm sorry, NO!
I am polite when I am out also.
I will not go and post an apology when this video was made for the sole purpose of attack.
I also have little tolerance for stupid whiny people.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.

Grow up. Grow a pair.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:39 AM
It doesn't really mater who actually might have put up the fliers. What does matter is what we say to potential voters.

We've lost votes because of our comments.
We're going to lose a lot more now.

Thanks.
Tim

People lose and gain votes all the time! There is no way to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. I learned that from being in business many a years for myself.

PaultheSaint
01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry, NO!
I will not go and post an apology when this video was made for the sole purpose of attack.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.

Grow up. Grow a pair.

QFT

Somebody get that guy a box of sand.

pcosmar
01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Ron Paul's grassroots movement has single handedly got him where he is today, no thanks to the media. So before you criticize something as positive as the grassroots movement, maybe you should step back and reevaluate your purpose on these boards. Asshole!

His purpose has been clear.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:43 AM
His purpose has been clear.

no joke, to him the perfect paulites would be rank and file conformists. What a joke.

123tim
I'm sorry, NO!

Wa Wa Waaaaa.

Grow up. Grow a pair.

I think that you should read the comments under the video. Imagine that you're a potential supporter. Wonder if you want to be associated with this group.

I'm not crying. I'm deeply concerned about our country.
I realize what our actions bring about.

I don't need to grow up.
I'm trying to win votes for Ron Paul.

Dave Wood
Judging by the tone in his voice and such, it sounded to me like he already knew who RP was and how much work his supporters are doing. Sounded like he already wasn't a supporter.

I dont think anyone is questioning the fact that this guy is not on our side. What we did here is give whiner a reason to whine. He is going to whine to everyone in that neighborhood. All the work that was done in that neighborhood, to gain votes, has just been compromised because of tape.

Seems simple, would you appreciate it if someone stuck a political message to your freshly washed and waxed car? I wouldnt and I would track down who did it.

My belief is, this guy is a Hillary supporter----thats what they generally sound like

phree
01-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Ron Paul's grassroots movement has single handedly got him where he is today, no thanks to the media. So before you criticize something as positive as the grassroots movement, maybe you should step back and reevaluate your purpose on these boards. Asshole!

My purpose on this board is to try and influence grassroots supporters to examine their attitudes and tactics, something all successful entities do regularly.

I love it when grassroots supporters like rpfreedom08 take the credit for the success that Dr. Paul has had so far. Do you think that maybe Dr. Paul had something to do with it?

It's unreasonable to believe that grassroots support doesn't make mistakes. We're a huge group of people who've come together in a very short time and we are going in many different directions at once. Logic dictates, and evidence shows, that many volunteers engage in tactics that hurt the campaign. This poor display of canvasing is a perfect example.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Listen guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damnit! What are you trying to do? The thousands of paulites are on auto pilot. We can't change or stop anything they do. Some things are good ideas, some things are not so good. So what? Would you like if all of us had to report to HQ first, sign in, get a nifty little arm band, have matching uniforms, blah blah blah No this movement is about freedom and individuality. This spawns different ideas and alot of resentment because the average drone American has been taught that this is a bad thing! Look guys, chill out, get out there and do it how you want or think it should be done and that is about as much control as you will have over this freedom movement. I know you may not like it but deal with it...

phree
01-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Listen guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damnit! What are you trying to do? The thousands of paulites are on auto pilot. We can't change or stop anything they do. Some things are good ideas, some things are not so good. So what? Would you like if all of us had to report to HQ first, sign in, get a nifty little arm band, have matching uniforms, blah blah blah No this movement is about freedom and individuality. This spawns different ideas and alot of resentment because the average drone American has been taught that this is a bad thing! Look guys, chill out, get out there and do it how you want or think it should be done and that is about as much control as you will have over this freedom movement. I know you may not like it but deal with it...

Why in the world would you not promote analyzing and adjusting our tactics? It just doesn't make sense. What is this forum for if not to serve as a meeting place to refine our efforts to win the most votes?

123tim
01-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Perhaps I was a little rash to say "Go to utube right now and post an apologetic post."

But I do mean it. I think that we should try to recover some of the negative contributions made by others. Why do we post negative comments to potential voters? We've lost a lot of votes this way.

I feel that we're constantly fighting fires started by other supporters.
After this election is over it's pretty much done.
No second chances.

I think that a lot of you are too young to realize the effect of you words on others. Please consider this.

I'm sorry if I've offended any of you.

Tim

allyinoh
01-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I could easily go get that washable spray paint and spray "Romney rocks, Paul sucks" or whatever else on my car, then go make a youtube and spread it around and it completely be false.

That's just what we're up against. I don't believe this guy for a second. Why the hell would he feel so compelled to make a video for it?

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
I love it when grassroots supporters like rpfreedom08 take the credit for the success that Dr. Paul has had so far. Do you think that maybe Dr. Paul had something to do with it?

Trying to put words in my mouth now are we? Perhaps the words you where looking for are:

"I love it when the Grassroots supporters take the credit for the success that Dr. Paul has had so far."

Ron Paul ran in 88' on the same platform he is running on in 08'. what has changed? His army of grassroots supporters that have given him not just one but 3 very successful money bombs. His grassroots have given him a blimp, 1000's of billboards, signs, stickers, flyers, and slimjims. They have given him planes with huge banners. I could go on forever counting the things the grassroots have done for him and you want to play that down as we are bad people? [edit/forum guidelines]

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Why in the world would you not promote analyzing and adjusting our tactics? It just doesn't make sense. What is this forum for if not to serve as a meeting place to refine our efforts to win the most votes?

I'm done arguing with you man... We just don't see eye to eye.

Dave Wood
01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I could easily go get that washable spray paint and spray "Romney rocks, Paul sucks" or whatever else on my car, then go make a youtube and spread it around and it completely be false.

That's just what we're up against. I don't believe this guy for a second. Why the hell would he feel so compelled to make a video for it?

Didnt you hear his voice???? Hes a first class whiner!! Thats what whiners do. I think this whiner was just ticked off enough to post this on youtube.

Face-it.......THERE IS NO NEED FOR TAPE.

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 08:09 AM
That video is pure bullshit. That was PAINTERS tape, used to mask off boarders when painting, and made to come off clean.

And, as was mentioned above, soliciting is the act or attempt to sell a product or service, and does NOT include dropping off literature.

That guy staged the whole thing, I'd bet whats left of me $2300 on it.

phree
01-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Ron Paul ran in 88' on the same platform he is running on in 08'. what has changed? His army of grassroots supporters that have given him not just one but 3 very successful money bombs. His grassroots have given him a blimp, 1000's of billboards, signs, stickers, flyers, and slimjims. They have given him planes with huge banners. I could go on forever counting the things the grassroots have done for him and you want to play that down as we are bad people? [edit for quote]

I never said grassrooters are bad people. I've said that many tactics used by individual supporters are counterproductive. This is an obviously logical position. My goal is to encourage people who may be using bad tactics to analyze their efforts and hopefully become more effective at promoting Dr. Paul.

I'm doing my best to help this campaign. I've given a lot of money, time, and thought to this campaign. The fact that you would call me an asshole and suggest I be banned because I dare to have an opinion that makes you uncomfortable is sad.

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I never said grassrooters are bad people. I've said that many tactics used by individual supporters are counterproductive. This is an obviously logical position. My goal is to encourage people who may be using bad tactics to analyze their efforts and hopefully become more effective at promoting Dr. Paul.

I'm doing my best to help this campaign. I've given a lot of money, time, and thought to this campaign. The fact that you would call me an asshole and suggest I be banned because I dare to have an opinion that makes you uncomfortable is sad.

no but when what you say discourages people from the freedom of the movement and then from the movement all together I have to wonder what good you are really doing.

edit: thanks for reporting me :rolleyes: no wonder you are defending this whiny baby

pcosmar
01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Folks, You can have the most pleasing apearance, and a great delivery.
You can be polite and go out of your way to not offend. And it will not change the fact that some people HATE the message, Hate Ron Paul and will turn anything you do into an attack.
They fear Freedom., and love conformity.
They want the authorities to care for them , responsibilities scare them.
You won't change many of them, they have been conditioned.

They don't want us to play their game.
They want us to shut up and go away.

Oh yeah, They also LIE.
A lot.

banjojambo9
01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
psyops at work again

NCMarc
01-22-2008, 08:29 AM
notice his youtube account was made yesterday? it's staged to make us look bad.

FTL
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
This guy probably put that stuff on the door himself.

phree
01-22-2008, 08:39 AM
no but when what you say discourages people from the freedom of the movement and then from the movement all together I have to wonder what good you are really doing.

edit: thanks for reporting me :rolleyes: now wonder you are defending this whiny baby

Are you saying that hearing some thoughtful criticism will deflate the spirit of GR support? Maybe I have more confidence in the maturity and intelligence of most supporters than you do.

You defend or deny our weaknesses while we should be analyzing and correcting them. It could be argued that my position of constructive criticism is more likely to help Dr. Paul than your message of blanket acceptance.

Dismissing this video as a fraud is pointless. There is a very good chance that this literature was taped to this guy's door by a well meaning GR supporter. It's not a big deal, but we should discourage anything like this for obvious reasons.

Even if this video was staged the best way for us to deal with it is to graciously condemn the alleged behavior, as minor as it was. This is the voice of diplomacy that you will consistently see from Dr. Paul. This is the respectful approach that will win over more undecided voters.

rpfreedom08, I reported your post calling me an asshole because that type of attitude is what makes this forum a less effective place than it can be. You may want to read this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60831

RonPaulCentral
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Whaqaa whaaaaa blue painters tape. Whaaaaaaaaaa whhhhhhhhhhhaaa.

Look people... who cares, we are not the damn PC patrol..... we are Ron Paul Patriots. And if this guy is so anal to let this bother him we don't want his dumb ass anyway because the first time he hears something like the "newsletter" nonsense he would be the first to jump ship and start to convert people away.

This guy probably staged this shit anyway. What normal person would think to tape this, encode it and then put it on UTube. Prob anyone paid worker of another campaign.

Chill out - go canvas.

Drea
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
What a bunch of garbage that guy was posting!

First of all, it is painter's tape --not electrical tape. It is sooooo easy to remove (witness how easy it was for him??)

What a whiny baby. And yes, "no solicitations" means "Don't come here trying to sell me something/contribute to something." but it also means seeking aid of some type.

phree
01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Whaqaa whaaaaa blue painters tape. Whaaaaaaaaaa whhhhhhhhhhhaaa.

Look people... who cares, we are not the damn PC patrol..... we are Ron Paul Patriots. And if this guy is so anal to let this bother him we don't want his dumb ass anyway because the first time he hears something like the "newsletter" nonsense he would be the first to jump ship and start to convert people away.

This guy probably staged this shit anyway. What normal person would think to tape this, encode it and then put it on UTube. Prob anyone paid worker of another campaign.

Chill out - go canvas.

I care.

Go out and canvas with respect for people's privacy. When someone has NO SOLICITING on their door you need to leave that house alone. Ignoring the obvious fact that the homeowner doesn't want to be bothered risks creating negative word of mouth against Dr. Paul.

Leave your egos out of this. Recognize that some tactics result in lost votes and avoid those tactics.

angelatc
01-22-2008, 08:53 AM

Granted this guy, the complaintant, is a total loser anyway. If someone did this to my house I would be ticked off too.

DO NOT AFFIX ANYTHING TO ANYONES PROPRERTY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT DAMAGE YOU MIGHT LEAVE BEHIND WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO REMOVE IT.

It's painter's tape. It peels off clean. Delivery people leave stuff stickied to my door all the time, so we're not exactly settings trends here.

phree
01-22-2008, 08:56 AM
It's painter's tape. It peels off clean. Delivery people leave stuff stickied to my door all the time, so we're not exactly settings trends here.

The guy obviously didn't want shit on his door. Respect.

Dr. Paul is not a pizza.

GHoeberX
01-22-2008, 08:58 AM

What does it mean when you have a "Office of the Illinois Attorney General"-sign on the door of your house?

Technics2000
01-22-2008, 09:52 AM
I dont know if it happened or not but for people to defend this type of activity is ridiculous. I don't care if this was Rupert Murdoch's house, this is somebody's private property. I cannot believe Ron Paul would endorse this as a way of getting his message out.

"Freedom only exists where there is complete respect for rights of property ownership. When we go to another person's land, or home, or business, we should expect to be bound by their rules of conduct." - Ron Paul

I think Ron Paul's message is so powerful it has attracted so many supporters that would do anything to get him elected but unfortunately they don't always use common sense. I've seen first-hand how some people of all ages can act when trying to get Ron Paul's message across and it's not pretty.

If this did happen I can't imagine any respectful, mature person would do this but maybe one of his energetic young supporters. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing younger people out there supporting Ron Paul even though they might be too young to vote but again I can't help but think some of these actions are hurting the campaign. Is it hard to believe that maybe this guy could have been a potential Ron Paul voter? Maybe if the lit. was put inside a mailbox or doorslot it would've actually been read instead of torn off and thrown in the garbage? Well forget about it now, this guy will probably become one of the avid Ron Paul bashers (if it did happen).

If this didn't happen, I would hope the people defending this type of activity would stay away from this kind of behavior. Even as a Ron Paul supporter I would feel disrespected if someone did that to my door.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
That tape is "no-mark" painting tape. Its like masking tape but cleaner and leaves a better edge if you paint against it. It is almost impossible to leave any residue unless you leave it for weeks.

And soliciation means "sellling". Someone is trying to save him money not sell him something.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-22-2008, 10:14 AM
If this happened at my house I would peel it off and throw it on the ground, that guy was such a bitch.

Technics2000
01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
That tape is "no-mark" painting tape. Its like masking tape but cleaner and leaves a better edge if you paint against it. It is almost impossible to leave any residue unless you leave it for weeks.

And soliciation means "sellling". Someone is trying to save him money not sell him something.

Is it that hard to believe that some would consider it vandalism? What if that person was not going to be home for a few weeks?

They came up with mailboxes and door-slots for a reason...

rpfreedom08
01-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I dont know if it happened or not but for people to defend this type of activity is ridiculous. I don't care if this was Rupert Murdoch's house, this is somebody's private property. I cannot believe Ron Paul would endorse this as a way of getting his message out.

"Freedom only exists where there is complete respect for rights of property ownership. When we go to another person's land, or home, or business, we should expect to be bound by their rules of conduct." - Ron Paul

I think Ron Paul's message is so powerful it has attracted so many supporters that would do anything to get him elected but unfortunately they don't always use common sense. I've seen first-hand how some people of all ages can act when trying to get Ron Paul's message across and it's not pretty.

If this did happen I can't imagine any respectful, mature person would do this but maybe one of his energetic young supporters. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing younger people out there supporting Ron Paul even though they might be too young to vote but again I can't help but think some of these actions are hurting the campaign. Is it hard to believe that maybe this guy could have been a potential Ron Paul voter? Maybe if the lit. was put inside a mailbox or doorslot it would've actually been read instead of torn off and thrown in the garbage? Well forget about it now, this guy will probably become one of the avid Ron Paul bashers (if it did happen).

If this didn't happen, I would hope the people defending this type of activity would stay away from this kind of behavior. Even as a Ron Paul supporter I would feel disrespected if someone did that to my door.

no one is endorsing anything, and I would tend to think 99% of the ron paul supporters know better. We know we wouldn't do this but to sit here and go on and on about oh my god this is terrible blah blah blah is just stupid and not productive. What is productive is for everyone to get out there and canvas for ron paul.

webber53
01-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Has anyone thought that this might be an attempt
to make Ron Paul supporters look bad??

Has anyone verified the credibility of this video?
It isn't just the MSM that is trying to make
Ron Paul look bad.

I asked the poster of this video to prove that it wasn't a
saboteur that taped the materials to his door?

I for one am going to side with sabotage.

Anyone could have posted this video to make it look
like an innocent JQ Public had this done to them!

Like it hasn't been done before. :(

Redcard
01-22-2008, 10:28 AM
It's very simple.

Do unto others.

leglock
01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
It's never Ron Paul supporters, is it?

webber53
01-22-2008, 10:37 AM
It's never Ron Paul supporters, is it?

Sometimes it is! (Chasing Sean Hannity)

This video proves nothing in a court of law.

What is your point?

leglock
01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Sometimes it is! (Chasing Sean Hannity)

This video proves nothing in a court of law.

What is your point?

The chasing Hannity video...wasn't Paul supporters?

Oh man...

You're great.

DahuiHeeNalu
01-22-2008, 10:42 AM
i rated it * star guy is a loser thats painter tape made to come of easily!

Technics2000
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
no one is endorsing anything, and I would tend to think 99% of the ron paul supporters know better. We know we wouldn't do this but to sit here and go on and on about oh my god this is terrible blah blah blah is just stupid and not productive. What is productive is for everyone to get out there and canvas for ron paul. At least the guy that taped the slim jim was going something rather than criticizing everything Ron Paul supporters due **caugh caugh, phree, caugh caugh**

Again I don't know if this happened or not i'm just using it as a example of some of the behavior ive seen from supporters.

Just last week I was walking around and a couple teenagers came up to me canvassing for Ron Paul, after a little chat I noticed them approach another person, this person quickly responded that they were voting for Giuliani and proceeded to walk away. The kids started yelling and screaming this and that about Giuliani and luckily it lasted less than a minute but I couldn't help to think if they actually tried asking this person why they were voting for him and try to persuade them in a mature manner maybe they could've changed his mind. Instead there goes another potential vote who's probably gonna join the bash Ron Paul supporters group.

Even with the Hannity incident, yea all ron paul supporters got a good laugh but how do you think it looked to the older conservatives who's votes we desperately need. We are giving the media the ammo to attack us. I know the media spins and distorts but believe it or not some of the stuff on the news actually happens, and guess who's watching and soaking it in...

phree
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
no one is endorsing anything, and I would tend to think 99% of the ron paul supporters know better. We know we wouldn't do this but to sit here and go on and on about oh my god this is terrible blah blah blah is just stupid and not productive. What is productive is for everyone to get out there and canvas for ron paul. At least the guy that taped the slim jim was going something rather than criticizing everything Ron Paul supporters due **caugh caugh, phree, caugh caugh**

You really don't get it do you?

CRITICISM IS VITAL IN IMPROVING PERFORMANCE

We aren't criticizing the canvaser, we're criticizing a mistake that he made at one house. It's something we can all learn from.

angelatc
01-22-2008, 11:12 AM
The guy obviously didn't want shit on his door. Respect.

Dr. Paul is not a pizza.

It's stupid to stop doing something that irritates maybe 1 person in a million. There was no damage done to his property. None. Nada. Zip. Zero.

Politics are more important than pizza.

leglock
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
It's stupid to stop doing something that irritates maybe 1 person in a million. There was no damage done to his property. None. Nada. Zip. Zero.

And that one person doesn't have any friends right?

:rolleyes:

dknomed
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
do you believe the guy who originally posted it?

more than likely he did it to try to make us feel bad for him, hes a loser

phree
01-22-2008, 12:00 PM

I don't know how you manage to deduce that this is "1 person in a million", but that's still not the point.

The point is we should analyze tactics and then take positions about those tactics based on good campaigning logic.

I say that canvasing this door was a mistake and ask all canvassers to make their best effort to avoid repeating it. It doesn't even matter if it was actual or staged by a detractor, the call is the same. Don't do this.

VoluntaryMan
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM

What a baby.

I think that is painter's trim tape, which is about as un-sticky as you can get, which is probably why it was used, instead of scotch tape (a more obvious but tackier choice). When I first saw it, though, I was thinking "DUCT TAPE?! What effing idiot would do that?" Of course, the answer is that no one smart enough to support Paul would be stupid enough to destroy property in the process of canvassing for him. It is best, though, not to use any tape to affix fliers to anything, no matter how temporary, and no matter how low the viscosity of the tape. That said, it looks like a campaign dirty trick, to me.

icon124
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
ohhhhh noooooo blue electrical tape...wow i can't believe it

steph3n
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
if there is a sign it is best not to put anything BUT that tape was quick release painters tape I know because I use it when painting :D

however that is a very bad practice, do NOT tape things to people's door

nor was that vandalism, it did zero damage

pacelli
01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
The no solicitations sign is pretty clear, regardless of the tape. Wrong move.

SameCoin
01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
This is a pathetic troll attempt, Trim tape? it wont even pull the hair on your arm! and Solicitation refers to the inside of the store by people.

Seriously use wasted energy like this to get educated.

phree
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
it did zero damage

I don't consider a negative youtube video as "zero damage".

Whether this actually happened or was a conspiracy by another candidate it still represents bad campaign strategy.

Lesson: don't do this.

RPSignbomb
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM

Dude has only posted one video ... called painters tape masking tape ... whatever!

Rhys
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
I hope whomever did that at least made an attept to gauge his support and write it down, BEFORE resorting to leaving lit behind.

phree
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Dude has only posted one video ... called painters tape masking tape ... whatever!

Why do people constantly defend what is obviously poor campaign tactics?

It doesn't matter if the dude is a crybaby, or if this really happened, or if it was blue painters tape or if it was bolted to his door. What matters is that we agree that this type of campaigning is counterproductive.

Rhys
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
The "Ron Paul is more important than what anyone thinks and if they don't know they're stupid" attitude is for children with balls that they're going to take home.