PDA

View Full Version : Are Wonkette, DailyKos, and FreeRepublic With Us, or Against Us?

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 04:47 AM
I visited these sites for the first time, and then only briefly. I can't yet make an educated judgement just yet about these sites. Are these reputible news outlets?

Perhaps you oldtimers out there can give me a brief rundown. Thanks.

BreakYourChains
01-22-2008, 04:51 AM
I visited these sites for the first time, and then only briefly. I can't yet make an educated judgement just yet about these sites. Are these reputible news outlets?

Perhaps you oldtimers out there can give me a brief rundown. Thanks.

I don't personally visit these sites, but from what I understand, they are totally against us.

steph3n
01-22-2008, 05:15 AM
They should not be judged as a collective, there are people at all that are for us, or some ideas of ours.

wildflower
01-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Freerepublic used to be a good site, back in the late 90's. But since Bush has been in power, it has pretty much turned into a total neocon/warmongering site.

Most FReepers don't like Paul, because of his foreign policy ideas. And many of them hate him viciously. It's really ugly. Trust me, I post there sometimes and some of them are really nasty and hateful.

There are a few Paul supporters there, though. Those of us who haven't gotten banned. :p

Fields
01-22-2008, 06:40 AM
They are all not very favorable.

asgardshill
01-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Wonkette and DailyKos are definitely anti-Paul. Free Republic is one thing and one thing only - pro-site owner Jim Robinson. Whatever lines Robinson's pockets is what you see there.

Tdcci
01-22-2008, 08:40 AM
http://wonkette.com/search/ron%20paul/ (http://anonym.to/?http://wonkette.com/search/ron%20paul)

Count how many times you see "Paultard" and "Racist" on the page.

Daily Kos is a community website (for Democrats), the majority hate Paul, but won't ever talk about policy, they just call him a racist lunatic :)

ConstitutionGal
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Most at FreeRepbulic hate us but, once their last darling, Fred Thompson, drops out, they're not going to have anywhere else to go as they also despise the Ghuol, the Huckster and plastic boy Romney. A lot of them used to like Hunter but, of course, he's already out of it. It's going to be interesting to see who they decide to cheer-lead for once Fred's out of it.

pinkmandy
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
DK hates us. I've followed threads there w/some members complaining about the loss of membership because they have been so ravenously anti-Paul.

mosquitobite
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Freerepublic used to be a good site, back in the late 90's. But since Bush has been in power, it has pretty much turned into a total neocon/warmongering site.

Most FReepers don't like Paul, because of his foreign policy ideas. And many of them hate him viciously. It's really ugly. Trust me, I post there sometimes and some of them are really nasty and hateful.

There are a few Paul supporters there, though. Those of us who haven't gotten banned. :p

*raises hand as a "troll" that was banned for supporting Dr Paul*
;)