PDA

View Full Version : nukes. double, triple, quadruple our efforts.

affa
01-22-2008, 04:09 AM
This post is not going to be about grass roots planning.

This post is going to be about our energy - about the desperate need for us to FOCUS, to do absolutely everything within our power to ensure Ron Paul is our next president. Above and beyond.

Right now, we've got a economic crisis on our hands. Everyone's worried about tomorrow, the next day... but we've also got to keep our eye on the ball. And we also need to understand what we are up against, what we are fighting for. Because yes, it's liberty and freedom but really it's so much more.

I'm writing this at about 2am. I just read this article from today's (January 22nd) The Guardian, and I had to post something. I ask that you read it too:
h ttp://www.guardian.co.uk/nato/story/0,,2244782,00.html

To quote:
"The first use of nuclear weapons must remain in the quiver of escalation as the ultimate instrument to prevent the use of weapons of mass destruction."

Read that again. Let it sink in. These so called experts are defending the use of nuclear weapons to 'prevent' the use of nuclear weapons. What kind of sick doublespeak is this, where 'prevent' actually means 'cause'? They are talking first strike. And this comes directly from "five of the west's most senior military officers and strategists", according to The Guardian's report on this 'manifesto' for a new Nato.

Thankfully, these people don't actually have access to the little red button. Unfortunately, people who do have made similar threats. We currently live in a country in the middle of a pre-emptive war, run by warmongers and reported on by embedded journalists via media owned and operated by the military industrial complex. Nuclear first strike has, sadly, somehow become not only a talking point but a viable option. Do we really want to go down in history (or flames) as those who allowed this to occur on our watch?

Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate willing to take this sort of lunacy off the table. No other candidate is an option at this time. My point is, this fight isn't just about freedom - it's about hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lives. It's about the future of humanity.

I don't understand what these people are thinking. I don't know how these articles get written with a straight face, pushing policies like these into the mediasphere as if they're somehow remotely legitimate. I don't understand how these people got in power or how they stay in power. And all the while, we're the ones denounced as kooks.

I realize some of us have been watching this happen for many a year, others are still rubbing the crust from their eyes, still in awe that Fox or CNN or the NYT isn't quite as fair and balanced as they thought a year ago. And that's ok. We're all on the same team now, and our team must continue to grow. People who support other candidates aren't our enemies - they're just misinformed. Hillary supporters, for example, are against the war too - they just don't quite realize she isn't going to end it. We need to find common ground with everyone, for everyone has the potential to be on our side.

Like it or not, we're at the center of this. This is not about losing graciously and sleeping it off till 2012. This isn't just about the next four years of this country. This is about the future of the world and humanity. We can't take back a nuclear strike. We can't give people back their loved ones. This is about Now and this is about twenty, thirty, and a hundred years from now.

And I wish I were just speaking in hyperbole. I wish I saw peace in any other candidate's eyes (save Kucinich and Gravel).

Please. Don't be discouraged, don't be cynical. Ignore the damn trolls and agent provocateurs. Don't stress about whether or not we've got a billionaire. Don't give up. Don't think we can't win. Because we HAVE to win, one way or another. There's no other choice. If we lose this momentum we may never get it back, and before long it may be too late.

Stand up for what you believe.
Stand up and be counted.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Exactly, failure is not an option. This is for the future of humanity as we know it, not just America.

dan new zealand
01-22-2008, 04:17 AM
On behalf of the rest of the world, folks...we need you to propel Dr Paul ALL THE WAY. YOU CAN DO IT!

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 04:23 AM
+1

Chibioz
01-22-2008, 04:29 AM
Very good post. Ron Paul has undertaken a heavy burden by being the last voice of reason warning the people before we are plunged into a national crisis by corrupt warmongering elite, a crisis which is already right at our doorstep.

affa
01-22-2008, 10:18 AM
good morning bump.