PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Money Bombs

DFF
01-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Time isn't waiting on anyone, folks.

The longer we delay adopting a new strategy for fund raising; the more we increase the potential for derailing the R3VOLOTION.

Today proved the novelty of the "money bomb" has worn off -- and if it hasn't; at this juncture, it's still too risky to continue.

If we go "all in" ala Poker again on a single day and fail; it will be the death knell.

To avert this, what the grassroots need to do is become more centralized - at least on the issue of fundraising - and come to an agreement on a new approach.

Some alternatives have been suggested, like rehashing the quill; but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.

To quote myself...

People LOVE getting together on a single day and giving Ron money.

It's like a big *BEEPING* party.

This is why I say the weekly payday is superior to the quill.

With this concept, we can "party with Ron" every single Friday till' the general election -- and we will all have the money to do it!

Please discuss.

liberty_Forever
01-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Begin distributing DVDs in your local neighborhood. We can produce quality media products on our computers, and then distribute them for free within our communities. As we grow our support and our liberty network, that will increase our access to money.

libertythor
01-22-2008, 03:52 AM
Yeah. Incremental goals are good. Actually, it can be a hybrid! Have a fill the Constitution for a million in a week. If the goal is reached early, a money bomb is tentatively scheduled for the deadline of that goal to boost the numbers even more!

This will bring in more money faster than waiting until mid-february for a moneybomb.

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Just give every payday. Give as much as you can afford or feel comfortable with. That is what I do. Every 1st and 15th of every month, I give what I can.

If we all do this, then the campaign will be supplied with a steady stream of money. Sure, there won't be any record breaking days of contributions, but who cares? As long as we keep contributing for our freedom and the campaign can pay the bills.

No need to get all complicated here. Keep it simple.

qwerty
01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
[Admin- off-topic]

DFF
01-22-2008, 04:07 AM
No need to get all complicated here. Keep it simple.

Well said.

As a lurker and now recently as a member; I've seen this happen time and time again.

The more complex things become; the more people bicker and it leads to nowhere good.

The weekly payday is simple.

But in order to make it work - and I can't emphasize this enough - we need to come together.

We need to embrace it as a whole like the "money bomb" of yore.

libertythor
01-22-2008, 04:07 AM
That too. Can I be a precinct captain in a precinct I am not registered to vote in? (I am 2,000 miles from my precinct! LOL) I would have to do this in San Ysidro, CA on the border.

Here´s the plan

+9000 people have understood how to win the Super Tuesday,when do you join them?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=95831

:cool:

DFF
01-22-2008, 04:18 AM
Becoming a precinct captain is great -- but that's not what this thread is about.

Lets try to please stay on topic. :)

DFF
01-22-2008, 04:40 AM
Begin distributing DVDs in your local neighborhood. We can produce quality media products on our computers, and then distribute them for free within our communities. As we grow our support and our liberty network, that will increase our access to money.

Good concept to expand our base -- but I think there are still a lot of RP supporters out there who haven't maxed out yet.

If we can get these tried and true supporters under the same fund raising umbrella; money will pour into the campaign - consistently.

In order to do this though; we need better organization here (e.g. not a 100 redundant threads on alternatives to fund raising) and stopping threads from becoming derailed.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Friday donations are now being done with the Ron Paul's Pay Day project:
http://www.ronpaulspayday.com
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245

Money bombs will continue however so long as there is demand (which there is now).

Yeah. Incremental goals are good. Actually, it can be a hybrid! Have a fill the Constitution for a million in a week.
Rather than fill the Constitution, they should "write" it- for every so many dollars a new word is added. :)

DFF
01-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Money bombs will continue however so long as there is demand (which there is now)

Well that demand's ostensibly waning, isn't it?

Super Tuesday's only 14 days from now...and Paul needs more money to effectively campaign cross country...and in the event of a brokered convention....even more cash.

A $1.7 million per month "bomb" at this stage isn't going to cut it.

A steady stream of revenue like http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/ however will.

DFF
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
*Bump*