PDA

View Full Version : A look at what has happened so far, and what we need to do to win.

mikesown
01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Today, Paul supporters raised in excess of $1.85 million. No doubt, that's an impressive feat, but far below the over $6 million we raised last moneybomb. What does this show? To me:

1. We don't have any large base of new supporters. Paul has the internet down pat; we know that. Paul's image is plastered up on various blogs, not to mention social sites like digg and facebook. We have reached this audience. It is time to move on beyond this internet-centric audience and onto the "real world," so to speak. We must get campaigning!

2. The existing base of supporters is either out of cash, or has reached their $2300/$4600 limit. No doubt the latter holds true for the diehard supporters.

Now, the race is still VERY early. Only 156/2380(6.5%) of delegates have been determined thus far. It is still very possible for Paul to win the nomination. However, we must change our strategies quickly, for the campaign needs at least another $7 mil a week before super tuesday to get ads out and campaign heavily.

We need to get the message out to people who don't know Ron Paul, so that they may learn about his message of freedom and contribute to his campaign. To reach this new audience of mainstream voters, I propose a two fledged method: both gathering together to rally for Paul so that people can see his enthusiastic supporters, and running a huge phone/mailing campaign on an individual per-meetup-group basis.

To elaborate more on the latter point, we need to reach voters. The local meetup groups should send out letters to every voter. The letters don't need to be hand-written or even hand-signed, but they should be thoughtful, concise, and to the point. A lot of voters won't be getting any campaign materials, so if we reach these people, we have a much greater shot at winning.

We also could benefit from phone calls. We could call up people not from a political campaign- for example say "Hello, I'm not affiliated with the Ron Paul Campaign, but I am very enthusiastic about his message of freedom, and I would love to speak with you for just a few minutes of Dr. Ron Paul's views." If every meetup group got just 20 people to be converted, well-- you know the rest.

The ONLY way we can get more money and more support is by talking to people and campaigning locally. This force of local, passionate meetup groups can beat even the strongest of national campaigns!

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 02:20 AM
http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

We're all over the internet. Time to spread it further.

xCakex
01-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Big Blimp! We CAN do this!!!!