PDA

View Full Version : I smell rats. Pentabloggers. Forum rot.

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:01 AM
I've been in the movement for a long time. Longer than I've been in web-technology. I've seen web technology in the movement morphing along. I've seen how forums are susceptible to infiltration. I've seen infiltrators come in clumsy. Now i believe I am seeing them finally get smart.

They are mining us for information fulltime. They are onto us like white on rice.

They are sowing seeds of disappointment, disunity, misdirection. They occupy "senior member" profiles. They have been with us all along.

I believe that our real strength is developing in "real world" action at this point. Not that the money bombs and other forms of online coordination aren't necessary, but it's forming the basis of what we need to become which is a fully articulated movement.

And we're becoming this at an alarming rate. Just keep repeating to yourself that we're not a presidential campaign, we're a movement.

Starks
01-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Can I borrow your tinfoil hat?

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:04 AM

No but it happens I have a very fine line of imported tinfoil hats from Italy. Next summer's latest.

Kotin
01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
i see it also.

dkim68
01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Oyate, please compile a list of suspects.

idiom
01-22-2008, 02:08 AM

So that they know they need new logins.

Starks
01-22-2008, 02:09 AM
I see that we've now devolved into having McCarthy-esque witch hunts.

dkim68
01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
So that they know they need new logins.
This forum doesn't allow you to create sockpuppet accounts from the same IP address.

LandonCook
01-22-2008, 02:11 AM

You beat me to it!

And no! No providing names, no witch hunts... get out and go fucking campaign! And no mention of CFR or 911!

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:11 AM

Nope. Way premature. Forum admins can be counted on for that level of service. Just learn to see how certain profiles work over time. Check out their posts.

Heck, check out mine for that matter. I might compare to the profile I'm suggesting with some of my posts, but I'm looking for a certain way of staying in bounds but always taking things down or off-center.

Kind of hard to describe if you haven't seen it elsewhere or how it's evolved over some years. One thing to look for is triangulation. Suddenly, several people reinforce a downer thread or a non-productive thread and work to develop it.

Another is the animosity factor. See, they have got way subtle (took them long enough). But they are exploiting natural human weakness and some weaknesses in our network.

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:12 AM
I see that we've now devolved into having McCarthy-esque witch hunts.

Hi there Starks, how are you today?

RCRanger03
whatever manner of getting his message across he is right. We need to spend less time here talking and more time out there doing. Myself included.

LandonCook
I've been in the movement for a long time. Longer than I've been in web-technology. I've seen web technology in the movement morphing along. I've seen how forums are susceptible to infiltration. I've seen infiltrators come in clumsy. Now i believe I am seeing them finally get smart.

They are mining us for information fulltime. They are onto us like white on rice.

They are sowing seeds of disappointment, disunity, misdirection. They occupy "senior member" profiles. They have been with us all along.

I believe that our real strength is developing in "real world" action at this point. Not that the money bombs and other forms of online coordination aren't necessary, but it's forming the basis of what we need to become which is a fully articulated movement.

And we're becoming this at an alarming rate. Just keep repeating to yourself that we're not a presidential campaign, we're a movement.

Well hopefuly they will pic up the idea of freedom while doing so... but while they are doing that, why don't you do something productive?

pacelli
01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
The best we can do is remain focused and maintain awareness that COINTELPRO is in full effect at the Paulhive. Some very powerful people have a great deal to lose when Paul becomes president. I've also noticed a shift in our evident 'groupthink'. We've most certainly been infiltrated.

The fact that I have 1000+ posts means NOTHING. I see people with 3000+ posts who got them by spamming the same message over & over again across multiple threads. I've seen more articulate and 'legitimate' posts from folks with less than 50 total posts.

Yes, the moles and infiltrators are here. Yes, they've been among us since the forums got started.

Starks
01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
I worry more about the communists in our midst... Let's find them first.

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Well hopefuly they will pic up the idea of freedom while doing so... but while they are doing that, why don't you do something productive?

Sorry friend but it's kind of late here and following up with the community is important to me right now. Do tell me of productivity and what you have been up to.

Kludge
01-22-2008, 02:15 AM
The communists! They're here!

Quickly, establish a blacklist, close the registration and FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET OUT THE BAN HAMMER!

Edit: Dammit, I hadn't read all of the posts. Didn't know McCarthy was already referenced.

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:16 AM

Howdy Starks, how are you today?

libertythor
The infiltrators rushed in during the Iowa Caucuses and haven't stopped. Did anybody notice the large number of new members making sourpuss comments the whole time?

That really doesn't matter though....we can put them on ignore and flag their posts.

And remember the most important thing! Whenever you see a nasty thread, paste this image as a response:

http://www.ladragonera.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/troll_no_feed.jpg

Rhys
The TROLLS ARE COMMING!?!?!

lol i bet I'm on the list cause I'm blunt.

It seems like if you don't go cookoo for RP puffs, you're a troll now days.

mining us for info. hehe they must never know the latest Wolf Blitzer Ron Paul mention in real time. Kick them out!

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 02:18 AM
I think we should hire a plane to spell out, "RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT" in CHEMTRAILS.

driller80545
01-22-2008, 02:19 AM
They had better watch themselves. They hang around in here long enough, they may find themselves donating or voting for RP. How could they resist for long?

Kludge
01-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Make sure to give "troll" topics a rating of 1 when you post pictures, because others won't be intelligent enough to pick out a troll, with their super-secretive tactics. They're probably government agents with super-duper-ultra-secret training!

I'm going to bed.

Oyate
01-22-2008, 02:21 AM
The infiltrators rushed in during the Iowa Caucuses and haven't stopped. Did anybody notice the large number of new members making sourpuss comments the whole time?

And remember the most important thing!:

Don't feed the trolls

Yeah bro. The voter-integrity people I know have serious things to say about Iowa. A lot of R3VOlUTIONARIES too. And that's where the hard feelings between the campaign and the grassroots got started as far as I can tell.

But I guess one of the lessons we learn is that ya gotta vet your info. Put everything under a magnifying glass, the news, the rumors, unless it comes from your personal network.

That's how we're gonna beat 'em. We're forming personal networks.

fmontez

Are you trying to dis Dr. Paul???

I think it boils down to Fringers/Truthers vs. Republicans.... it's like mixing water and oil... Dr. Paul's message is powerful if it can hold two groups so different together. Honestly, I have met some really weird folks at Dr. Paul meetups... people I would never associate with otherwise... but freedom is good for the mainstream and the fringe... Go DR. PAUL.

Another major issue is GOP'ers like to win, if you have to bend and double-talk a little bit to win, so be it... even hide your true feelings and motives. The Fringers can't seem to do that.. they throw out theories and wild ideas like rain drops and then wonder why people (or as they say sheeple) look at them so funny.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
And remember if you want a certain message about Ron Paul, start a blog and make that message. Send people there or to the official campaign site.

This place is a little unruly.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 02:22 AM
They are sowing seeds of disappointment, disunity, misdirection.

The forum guidelines are designed to minimize these things, be sure to read them, understand them, follow them and use them as an asset by flagging posts that violate them using this icon: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

Here are the guidelines:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks!

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Well, we lost a lot of pragmatic, shallow supporters when the smear hit the fan, now we have mostly us diehard true believers left. True believers are usually a little strange.

that, and the trolls.

Nobody said revolution would be easy.

driller80545
01-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Trolls are people too

yongrel
01-22-2008, 02:28 AM
I'll call for Reverend Hale.

Roadrcr
01-22-2008, 02:36 AM
He's right actually. This is from the thompson forums ..

Nobody want to be accused of being a troll, so few Fred Heads ever get on Paulite forums.

Here's how to embarrass Ron Paul without drawing anti-troll fire:

There is much discussion now about potential running mates for Ron Paul. Register at www.dailypaul.com or www.ronpaulforum.com and advocate Robert Murphy for VP because of his "brilliant" rebuttal to my Critique of Austrian Economics. Link to Robert Murphy's rebuttal at www.axiomaticeconomics.com/rebuttals.php

Just don't put "brilliant" in quotation marks. Pretend like you really think that Robert Murphy is brilliant. Ron Paul is a Distinguished Counselor at the Mises Institute and has written six books about Austrian Economics. Robert Murphy has a blog at www.mises.org and has recently written "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism," the first book about Austrian Economics to ever be sold in mainstream bookstores. Thus, Robert Murphy actually is a logical choice as Ron Paul's running mate.

There is just one teensy little problem with Robert Murphy being Ron Paul's running mate: I totally kicked Murphy's ass at www.axiomaticeconomics.com/rebuttals.php and, seven months later, he capitulated. There is a link to his capitulation on my rebuttals page titled "Click here to comment on the Axiomatic vs. Austrian debate."

This will force Ron Paul to either accept Robert Murphy as the champion of Austrian Economics or publically demand that Roger Garrison step up to the plate and rebut my Critique of Austrian Economics. This is a dilemma for Ron Paul because Robert Murphy capitulated and Roger Garrison has been hiding under his desk since I wrote my Critique in 2004. Either way, this will be very embarrassing to the Mises Cult, who continue to preach Mises' omnicience to the uninformed masses of Paulites. Most of them believe that Mises and Hayek have never been, and cannot be, criticized. Austrian Economics is irrefutable!

And nobody will accuse you of being a troll. Wink

Indy Vidual
01-22-2008, 02:37 AM

Communal living is not an issue as long as the association is voluntary. :p
`````````````

"The moral promise of a free society involves the boundaries of private property. The promise is this: property boundaries cannot be legally invaded or trampled upon. When property is protected, people can keep the fruits of their labor and investment, and not have them plundered by others. People can own land, for example, and this land can be used as the owners see fit. Private property allows wide latitude for experimentation. Property holders can form communities with internal cultures. Just as business can conduct its own affairs, people can separate themselves out entirely from the rest of society if they so desire. They need only respect the rights of others to do the same.

It's the nature of private property and a free society that it allows room for diversity of work, modes of production, and ways of life. That's how Mr. Jefferson wanted it, and that's what the authors of the Constitution promised. In the sixties, for example, hippie communes sprang up all over the country. The participants were eccentric and the utopias didn't work, but the attempts were tolerated by society and state.

Today the promise of private property is routinely violated by both private criminals and government. The attack on property began subtly at first, but today it has become explicit, sometimes brutal, and sometimes even deadly..."

The Moral Promise of Freedom (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/paul1.html)
by Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

yongrel
01-22-2008, 02:38 AM
He's right actually. This is from the thompson forums ..

Nobody want to be accused of being a troll, so few Fred Heads ever get on Paulite forums.

Here's how to embarrass Ron Paul without drawing anti-troll fire:

There is much discussion now about potential running mates for Ron Paul. Register at www.dailypaul.com or www.ronpaulforum.com and advocate Robert Murphy for VP because of his "brilliant" rebuttal to my Critique of Austrian Economics. Link to Robert Murphy's rebuttal at www.axiomaticeconomics.com/rebuttals.php

Just don't put "brilliant" in quotation marks. Pretend like you really think that Robert Murphy is brilliant. Ron Paul is a Distinguished Counselor at the Mises Institute and has written six books about Austrian Economics. Robert Murphy has a blog at www.mises.org and has recently written "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism," the first book about Austrian Economics to ever be sold in mainstream bookstores. Thus, Robert Murphy actually is a logical choice as Ron Paul's running mate.

There is just one teensy little problem with Robert Murphy being Ron Paul's running mate: I totally kicked Murphy's ass at www.axiomaticeconomics.com/rebuttals.php and, seven months later, he capitulated. There is a link to his capitulation on my rebuttals page titled "Click here to comment on the Axiomatic vs. Austrian debate."

This will force Ron Paul to either accept Robert Murphy as the champion of Austrian Economics or publically demand that Roger Garrison step up to the plate and rebut my Critique of Austrian Economics. This is a dilemma for Ron Paul because Robert Murphy capitulated and Roger Garrison has been hiding under his desk since I wrote my Critique in 2004. Either way, this will be very embarrassing to the Mises Cult, who continue to preach Mises' omnicience to the uninformed masses of Paulites. Most of them believe that Mises and Hayek have never been, and cannot be, criticized. Austrian Economics is irrefutable!

And nobody will accuse you of being a troll. Wink

What is the author's fascination with the word "capitulated?"

Rhys
01-22-2008, 02:41 AM
That's a damned website with a Google Adword. Ever seen the "Want to know how to 5 arguments to shut up any Ron Paul supporter?"

I read the website. I understand econ. I have no idea what he was talking about.

all J's in IL for RP
01-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Here's some suggestions on categorizing the trolls as part of a master list

* Saboteurs from other GOP campaigns
* Saboteurs from DEM sites
* Libertarians bent on diverting the movement into that party
* 3rd party advocates that want nothing to do with the party of Ron Paul
* Dem recruits that want nothing to do with the party of Ron Paul
* Truther's who can't put efforts to nominate Ron Paul ahead of promoting their own beliefs
* Vote Fraud types who can't put efforts to nominate Ron Paul ahead of promoting their own beliefs
* Racists who can't put efforts to nominate Ron Paul ahead of promoting their own beliefs
* Anarchists who think this movement is or will become an actual revolution
* Agent Provocateurs seeking to out the above
* Legitimate Ron Paul supporters influenced by any of the above

Go get 'em. No wait! That's half of our Forum!

j/k

Just accept a big tent, and get rid of the illegal or overly negative posters and we'll be fine if we avoid the bad suggestions.

rycodge
01-22-2008, 02:54 AM
In the past few weeks I've noticed an increasing amount of garbage around here. I hope it fizzles out and this forum will keep going strong.

susano
01-22-2008, 04:13 AM
I think we should hire a plane to spell out, "RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT" in CHEMTRAILS.

hahaha!!!

BTW, McCarthy was right. CIA documents have been released that verify it. Who do you think is financing the Mexican invasion? And, I don't mean Putin, lol (who I like a hell of a lot more than that asshole, Bush). All the big NGOs and Foundations must be tracked. Follow the money and you will discover.

Yes, this place is loaded with trolls (rookies) and psyops/cointelpro (the enmey). Fuck em. They'll never stop us.

RonPaulalways
01-22-2008, 04:22 AM
I think the solution is simple: if any one is being negative and hurting the group, they should be warned, and if it continues, banned. It matters not whether it's intentional or not.

Kludge
01-22-2008, 04:27 AM
I think the solution is simple: if any one is being negative and hurting the group, they should be warned, and if it continues, banned. It matters not whether it's intentional or not.

Mods should do what they want. To my knowledge, that would mean the forum is here for the open exchange of ideas pertaining/relating to Ron Paul.

I think you'll find banning ideas an unpopular idea within these forums.