PDA

View Full Version : This is why Paul is wininng

acroso
01-22-2008, 01:29 AM
This (link) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq-gelZFgg&feature=related)

Remember Goldwater did poorly in primaries but rocked the caucuses and grassroots.

Barack meetups: 14K
Ron Paul meetups: 104K

Those 104K are the ones who are signing up as precinct captains. The Romney people have no idea what's going on.

Molly1
01-22-2008, 01:30 AM
This (link) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRq-gelZFgg&feature=related)

Remember Goldwater did poorly in primaries but rocked the caucuses and grassroots.

Barack meetups: 14K
Ron Paul meetups: 104K

What happened with Goldwater? Why did he lose?

All I know is they took that horrible propaganda ad out on him.

acroso
01-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Goldwater won by a tie breaking vote at the GOP convention, but lost in the general election to LBJ.

But there were more caucus back then. Now some of our caucuses are even made out to be like primaries so that when you vote u are obligated to vote for the winner etc.

Back then things were more fluid. Goldwater went on a rampage from caucus to caucus. That's what Paul must do

Molly1
01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Goldwater won by a tie breaking vote at the GOP convention, but lost in the general election to LBJ.

But there were more caucus back then. Now some of our caucuses are even made out to be like primaries so that when you vote u are obligated to vote for the winner etc.

Back then things were more fluid. Goldwater went on a rampage from caucus to caucus. That's what Paul must do

Can you tell me more? He lost the primaries but won the nomination?

Was he from Texas too?

acroso
01-22-2008, 01:41 AM
He was a senator from Arizona and the basis for the Reagan revolution...in a way. I used to post on a liberal blog about him. link (http://www.theyoungturks.com/story/2008/1/19/03658/3076/Diary/We-Have-No-Fear-Of-The-Underdog-Final-Blog-)

Not much new but if u want to read something I wrote..

fmontez
01-22-2008, 01:41 AM
What happened with Goldwater? Why did he lose?

All I know is they took that horrible propaganda ad out on him.

Lies about him wanting to nuke everyone... and he was a bit too radical.

acroso
01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
IDK it was before my time...but he had a lot of the same ideas as Paul at his Core. Paul is more peaceful luckily.

Xenophage
01-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Goldwater and Ron Paul share virtually the same positions on everything, which is of course why Goldwater Jr. has endorsed Paul. Goldwater was made out to be a warmonger in the general election because of some jokes he made about nuking the Russians, but of course LBJ then went on to get us involved in the Vietnam War.

Interestingly Ayn Rand was heavily involved in the Goldwater campaign.

Xenophage
01-22-2008, 01:51 AM
IDK it was before my time...but he had a lot of the same ideas as Paul at his Core. Paul is more peaceful luckily.

Goldwater was just as peace loving.

scrosnoe
01-22-2008, 01:56 AM
this thread excites me - you all are starting to ask the right questions!

I am thrilled with the number of people who understand now the importance of the delegate process and the potentials of longterm positioning within the GOP - the importance of taking ground and holding it! The importance of 'hanging in there' and a vote of principle.

It does not take many people to turn the light on in a dark room and then simply watch the cockroaches scatter.

acroso
01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
There was a video on the Ron Paul War Room called "
Eminem - Mosh (Revolution Edition) that is gone....damn

BuddyRey
01-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Someone should make a YouTube video out of this forgotten fact of history. I have a feeling it would pick up the flagging spirits of quite a number of Ron Paul Revolutionaries!

BuddyRey
01-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Bump!