PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulPresidentsDay.com - Feb 18th - next money bomb

SwordOfShannarah
01-22-2008, 01:17 AM
What do you think? If he does well on Super Tuesday we'll need another one. It's one month away so it gives us enough time to build it up, it's non-controversial and it describes exactly what we want.. Ron Paul for President.

$100 pledges.

smartguy911
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
better start a poll and get everyone to support this because last thing we need is 3-4 money bombs next month.

hueylong
01-22-2008, 01:20 AM
I like it.

SwordOfShannarah
01-22-2008, 01:21 AM
better start a poll and get everyone to support this because last thing we need is 3-4 money bombs next month.

Poll right up top.. please vote!! :)

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 01:25 AM
I like this, but,

I truly believe that planning this already will shatter any hopes of raising any more than 150k in the next 2 weeks because of people holding off until this moneybomb.

*waves goodbye to Super Tuesday ads*

smartguy911
01-22-2008, 01:27 AM
i like it and this should help with the following states -

Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakato, Texas, vermont

SwordOfShannarah
01-22-2008, 01:29 AM

It's great to offer feedback but please.. we just raised 2 million. Keep it factual - they have money for the ads.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 01:30 AM
My $0.02. While this is a great date for sure, I'm thinking one on the week after Super Tuesday might work well, based on primary results. When we have good showing there will be momentum to donate right then and we'll need it for upcoming states since, my understanding is the campaign is going from broke on 2/5. The picture will be more clear then, I think many were holding off on MLK as they wanted to wait and see results, for better or worse.

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 01:31 AM
It's great to offer feedback but please.. we just raised 2 million. Keep it factual - they have money for the ads.

3 million will take care of over 20 states? Or did they already pay for the ads with last Q's 20 million?

An answer of how we have enough for ads would take care of my skepticism and I'll get behind this a lot more...

Bryan
01-22-2008, 01:35 AM
My guess is that the majority of people gave for MLK who wanted to support more Super Tuesday ads- the rest are waiting until AFTER Super Tuesday to donate again to see how the dust settles then. That's why i say have the next one ASAP after Super Tuesday. Anything not done right away seems like it will be too late for 2/5.

But that's just going off intuition- no studies were completed. :)

smartguy911
01-22-2008, 01:36 AM
3 million will take care of over 20 states? Or did they already pay for the ads with last Q's 20 million?

An answer of how we have enough for ads would take care of skepticism and I'll get behind this a lot more...

I THINK you have to pay for ads in advance. So i am guessing they have already paid for most of the ads for super Tuesday.

Menthol Patch
01-22-2008, 01:37 AM
I agree with Bryan.

The next money bomb should be immediately after Super Tuesday.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 01:37 AM

An answer of how we have enough for ads would take care of my skepticism and I'll get behind this a lot more...
I think there is a good deal of information that the campaign is not going to reveal soon due to strategy considerations.

SwordOfShannarah
01-22-2008, 01:39 AM

I think you just answered that- last 20 million.. but I don't know. I personally feel it will be impossible to have a successful event in just two weeks time. Otherwise I'd say do both..

smartguy911
01-22-2008, 01:39 AM
My guess is that the majority of people gave for MLK who wanted to support more Super Tuesday ads- the rest are waiting until AFTER Super Tuesday to donate again to see how the dust settles then. That's why i say have the next one ASAP after Super Tuesday. Anything not done right away seems like it will be too late for 2/5.

But that's just going off intuition- no studies were completed. :)

if we do well and publicize the heck out of it, it will work. With MLK, i don't think we publicized it enough.

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 01:42 AM
if we do well and publicize the heck out of it, it will work. With MLK, i don't think we publicized it enough.

For the time we had and lack of promotion, 2 million was a damn good day

fmontez
01-22-2008, 01:43 AM
What do you think? If he does well on Super Tuesday we'll need another one. It's one month away so it gives us enough time to build it up, it's non-controversial and it describes exactly what we want.. Ron Paul for President.

$100 pledges.

feb 14! this is a revolution of love!

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
I think you just answered that- last 20 million.. but I don't know. I personally feel it will be impossible to have a successful event in just two weeks time. Otherwise I'd say do both..

I'm hoping last Q's money went to ads for Super Tuesday and not just the early states, because I agree we won't be raising much in the next 2 weeks.

I voted Yes on this moneybomb by the way.

mdevour
01-22-2008, 01:45 AM
This might be okay for another "money bomb" but not the NEXT one, please!

We don't dare make the campaign wait nearly another whole month before the next major infusion of cash! It's incredibly hard to run a campaign that way!

It's basically too late to buy ads for Super Tuesday, but what we CAN do for Super Tuesday is show anybody who's making up their mind about Ron Paul those last few days that we're behind him, the fundraising is steadily growing, and that there's excitement out here in the trenches!

If you're dead set on a money bomb style approach, then maybe the February 3rd Liberty Tax project (http://libertytax08.com/) commemorating the ratification of the 16th amendment would be timely.

Just 2 days before Super Tuesday, it'd allow a day for any news coverage to percolate and the big day would happen in the satisfied afterglow of another successful coupla-million-dollar day. :D

What I want to see is a series of weekly goals that'll show the world we're still here, serious, confident, and ready with our energy and money.

My 2 cents...

For Liberty!

Mike D.

fmontez
01-22-2008, 01:48 AM

There is a misconception that the Ron Paul is rolling in cash... he doesn't have much, more than others, but not nearly enough... another 20 million would be nice before Super Tuesday.

Remember the front runners are getting 100x the amount of free press, we'd have to probably raise 40 million to get close to the same amount of air time.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 02:14 AM
I personally feel it will be impossible to have a successful event in just two weeks time. Otherwise I'd say do both..
Then make it two and a half. :D Seriously, I think we can do good if we focus on it and we have good returns on 2/5. How long was 11/5 planned? It started on 10/17 more or less. We can do it.

Agreed- there was too much controversy and too many competing dates. No synergy until late in the game.

For the time we had and lack of promotion, 2 million was a damn good day
Agreed- also considering many are waiting for 2/5 results.

If you're dead set on a money bomb style approach, then maybe the February 3rd Liberty Tax project (http://libertytax08.com/) commemorating the ratification of the 16th amendment would be timely
As much of a great date I see this as, the timing is way off for Super Tuesday- most are going to want to wait until after 2/5 to donate IMO.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Trevor, 2/18 is too far off for another cash injection into the campaign. 2/18 is fine for a moneybomb, but they are going to need more before the 5th. If things don't go well for the campaign on the 5th, we may receive blowback on any further moneybombs. This is the reason I think something needs to be done sooner.

In my view, we need a heavily advertised guerrilla-marketed fundraising event. And it is going to have to be done both online AND offline. Many people (myself included) have either hit the $2300 max or are tapped out. These forums are great, but there are so many people 'out there' that don't know about grassroots information central, who probably haven't donated a dime to the campaign yet. Keep the 18th and promote the hell out of it, but something needs to be done sooner.

Ideally, we would have every single registered Ron Paul voter (i.e. in 6 states so far, ~100,000 total) contacted and provided with the web address of these forums & the moneybomb website. I have no idea how to get a copy of such lists, but I think promotion for new donors who have already voted must be a priority.

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Give Every Pay Day And Keep A Continual Stream Of Money Going To The Campaign. The Days Of Money Bombs Are Over.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Ideally, we would have every single registered Ron Paul voter (i.e. in 6 states so far, ~100,000 total) contacted and provided with the web address of these forums & the moneybomb website. I have no idea how to get a copy of such lists, but I think promotion for new donors who have already voted must be a priority.
They don't need to come here IMO- just the money bomb site. Part of the beauty of the promotion is the lack of central control, there's not just one list- it's getting banner up on every blog, getting videos made, e-mail to meet-up groups, MySpace bulletins, etc, etc, etc. Yeah, we know the drill. :)

On a separate thought, if a random date is picked right after 2/5 there would still need to be a theme (such as Rudy's Reading List).

doronster195
01-22-2008, 02:41 AM
Give Every Pay Day And Keep A Continual Stream Of Money Going To The Campaign. The Days Of Money Bombs Are Over.

I'm tired of people saying this. The days of money bombs ARE NOT over! Money bombs encourage people to give, and garner media attention. I know that people like me, for example, would probably rarely consider donating more than once to RP, let alone keep upping the donation amount. Money bombs are the only things that encourage this kind of donation. People should still give as much as they can as soon as they can. Thats what keeps the donations going on a daily basis. :mad:

Bryan
01-22-2008, 02:41 AM
The Days Of Money Bombs Are Over.
Says who?

yongrel
01-22-2008, 02:42 AM
I like the idea of President's day, BUT...

I agree with Bryan, in that Feb 6 or 7th makes the most sense if RP does well.

dante
01-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Trevor it needs to be no later than Feb 6th... or better yet in just under two weeks on super bowl sunday... the day everyone will be at parties with lots of people and can tell them to donate. If we survive Super Tuesday with delegates and some momentum the campaign is going to need to be loaded with cash asap so we can capture our home state of TX and all the remaining delegates so we can go into the brokered convention with as much leverage as possible.

dante
01-22-2008, 02:51 AM
The more I think about it... superbowl sunday sounds like the way to go. Feb 3rd

dante
01-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Idea: Can we get some pledges going for more than $100? We need to go for broke with this last one. $100 a pop just isn't going to cut it. This will be our last chance to really make a statement. Let's get some $250, $500, and $1,000 dollar pledge drives going. $20 million comes a lot faster in larger increments. People are more inclined to give more if they know others are as well. Its why the money bombs have worked so well in the first place. People are more inclined and more easily persuaded into donating if lots of others are as well. As much as we are all free-thinkers here... we still get easily caught up into herd mentalities.

Flirple
01-22-2008, 03:19 AM
I voted no for the reason that it is a holiday that celebrates Lincoln. One of our worse (and most unlike Ron Paul) presidents ever. I admit the timing is pretty good but it really sends a mixed signal especially when Ron Paul is very much on record about not being a fan of Lincoln.

tpreitzel
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Idea: Can we get some pledges going for more than $100? We need to go for broke with this last one. $100 a pop just isn't going to cut it. This will be our last chance to really make a statement. Let's get some $250, $500, and $1,000 dollar pledge drives going. $20 million comes a lot faster in larger increments. People are more inclined to give more if they know others are as well. Its why the money bombs have worked so well in the first place. People are more inclined and more easily persuaded into donating if lots of others are as well. As much as we are all free-thinkers here... we still get easily caught up into herd mentalities.

Basically, I agree that we should settle on Feb 3rd. It's two weeks away, but should bring in at least another couple of million if promoted NOW. I also agree that the Liberty Tax money bomb should be amended slightly to allow for pledged tiered donations, e.g. 500, 250, and 100. Having the money bomb before Super Tuesday will encourage the campaign to use most of their current resources for Super Tuesday since they'll very likely make a few million more on Feb 3rd to replenish the spent funds.

Agent CSL
01-22-2008, 03:39 AM
More money bombs = overall less donations for Super Tue.

But, I'm in regardless. I'll still donate a few here and there til a money bomb.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 03:44 AM
The 2/3 date is already on the books so there's no changing that, I still contend however most are going to wait until after Super Tuesday so something else would be of value. I'm thinking the 6th may be too soon, give a day for the dust to settle and for the good news to make its rounds. Best dates may be:

7th (Th) - early, but good. Allows one day for post 2/5 sign-ups.
8th (Fri) - may be the best- two days for post 2/5 sign-ups and Fridays are fun anyway.
9th (Sat) - not too late but has the pros/cons of weekends. PCC would still have a day to asses before hitting the ground on Monday.
10th (Sun) - could work but not much advantage over Saturday and pushing things out for the PCC.

As for a theme- how about something honoring and thanking Dr. Paul? Thanking him for curing our apathy and giving us hope. Just some more thoughts...

tpreitzel
01-22-2008, 03:54 AM
The 2/3 date is already on the books so there's no changing that, I still contend however most are going to wait until after Super Tuesday so something else would be of value. I'm thinking the 6th may be too soon, give a day for the dust to settle and for the good news to make its rounds. Best dates may be:

7th (Th) - early, but good. Allows one day for post 2/5 sign-ups.
8th (Fri) - may be the best- two days for post 2/5 sign-ups and Fridays are fun anyway.
9th (Sat) - not too late but has the pros/cons of weekends. PCC would still have a day to asses before hitting the ground on Monday.
10th (Sun) - could work but not much advantage over Saturday and pushing things out for the PCC.

As for a theme- how about something honoring and thanking Dr. Paul? Thanking him for curing our apathy and giving us hope. Just some more thoughts...

Honestly, Bryan, most people will donate on any reasonable date which has majority backing. People just want to participate in the fun. If the majority of potential donors to Paul's campaign want to wait until they see how he does on Super Tuesday, then how really committed are they in the first place? Paul doesn't stand a chance with that type of supporter. Really. I fully understand some of the rationale of wanting to wait until after Super Tuesday, but waiting seems like a waste if we want to encourage the campaign to expend nearly ALL of their resources and effort on Feb 5th. Sure, waiting just a few days after Super Tuesday probably wouldn't be much of a problem, but why wait just a few more days when the grassroots can nearly guarantee the campaign a few more million prior to the 5th by holding the money bomb on the 3rd? Furthermore, we need to settle on ONE money bomb per month.

dante
01-22-2008, 08:26 AM
I wasn't aware of another effort on the 3rd and frankly even if there is currently one... trevor should take over it or start another one for the day. I think the 3rd has added value for being before super tuesday... thus giving the campaign assurances they will have money after super tuesday so they can leave everything on the line for the 5th AND everyone will be with friends and family for superbowl parties and can hit them up for some donations as well!

dshields
01-22-2008, 08:27 AM

$100 pledges.

You read my mind.

I am for it.

Dave

MRoCkEd
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
We need time to build it up. And yes, people want to wait until after february 5th. As for ads, I'm pretty sure the deadlines have passed to pay for such feb 5 coverage and feb 3rd is definitely too late (correct me if I am wrong)

I say the 18th is good

Austin
01-22-2008, 08:59 AM
I like the idea of Valentine's Day

MRoCkEd
01-22-2008, 09:05 AM
actually krippy, yeah RonPaulLoveBomb.com would be good

dante
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM
If he does well on super tuesday the money will start flowing in regardless of whether or not there is a money bomb. The point here is to get the campaign some extra money now before its too late to spend it on the primaries after Feb 5th. If Feb 3rd is too late for Super Tuesday... then isn't Feb 18th too late for all the primaries between super tuesday and say march 5th? March 5th is a day after the texas primary. We have to win our home state... and its 140 delegates. Would be a huge boon for us.

The point of this next money bomb should be to get the campaign as much money as soon as possible with TIME being a greater factor than money raised at this point. A $3 million dollar bomb on Feb 3rd for example is worth a ton more than a $6 million dollar bomb on Feb 18th.

dante
01-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Don't forget the campaign asked for $23 million BEFORE super tuesday... NOT before Feb. 18th. We should plan on getting them as much money as possible by that date. That should be our focus right now.

Madison
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Feb. 18th is way too late. This is not an option.

bolidew
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't pick another HOLIDAY.
Many people may not be around the computer/Internet. Media won't be able to pick up the lead either.

FSP-Rebel
01-22-2008, 11:00 AM
OK, we've decided that no one supports this thing... Plz kill it and let's move on to the next possibility.