PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Hunter Bloggers

Kludge
01-22-2008, 01:09 AM
If you don't already know, Duncan Hunter dropped out.

Find his bloggers. Give them sensible facts. DO NOT come out talking about NWO, 9/11 or any other conspiracies. These are economically conservative statists (marginally better then neocons, who are starting to lean liberally regarding economics), who feel Ron Paul has a "fringe platform". Don't attack them or their candidate, we're on a converting mission, no seek-and-destroy demoralizing tactics, please?

Here's a good place to start.

h ttp://bloggers4duncanhunter.blogspot.com/

And here's an unofficial collectivist list of what they seem to have in common: (*topic, +How to counter)

*Pro-war, totally against the idea that we (America) caused 9/11. +Educate on "blowback" (kindly!)
*Against illegal immigration +Ron Paul wants strong border control/no amnesty
*Absolutely hates the idea of "Hillarycare" or anything similar +Can probably get into free markets from here
*STRONG opponents of gun control +duh...

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 01:11 AM
+1

tarabyte
01-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Also try not to hate on the other candidate's supporters too much. We don't need to turn them off to Ron Paul early, because we'll need their support when their candidate drops out.

libertythor
01-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Duncan Hunter bloggers! Thats a new find. lol

Yes. Be polite when commenting on the blogs.

Psych0t
01-22-2008, 01:15 AM
You called them statists. Libertarians are on the opposing side of that scale (the libertarian <---------------> statist scale). Would they really be interested in supporting paul? It's sort of like Hillary supporting McCain.

Swmorgan77
01-22-2008, 01:16 AM
If you don't already know, Duncan Hunter dropped out.

Find his bloggers. Give them sensible facts. DO NOT come out talking about NWO, 9/11 or any other conspiracies. These are economically conservative statists (marginally better then neocons, who are starting to lean liberally regarding economics), who feel Ron Paul has a "fringe platform". Don't attack them or their candidate, we're on a converting mission, no seek-and-destroy demoralizing tactics, please?

I think NAU/SPP is a good approach. After all, Hunter was the one who proposed the resolution to stop the Security and Prosperity Partnership.

Kludge
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
You called them statists. Libertarians are on the opposing side of that scale (the libertarian <---------------> statist scale). Would they really be interested in supporting paul? It's sort of like Hillary supporting McCain.

They're big on the economy, hopefully Paul will be the "lesser of two evils". Apparently, there's a bitterness towards Romney within the supporters. There doesn't appear to be any favored endorsements within the community, although I doubt you'll find a very welcoming audience as a Ron Paul supporter. Still, worth a try.

gaazn
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
mr. gorbachev, tear down this wall!

mr. bush, build up this wall!

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 01:19 AM
these guys are thoroughly entrenched on the war on iraq.

apparently ron paul is a evil crazy kook who blames america for 9/11....

Kludge
01-22-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm telling them it's a distorted quote by Giuliani's campaign and distancing myself away from Libertarians while trying to educate them on the "blowback" they speak of ;)

A useful tip (maybe):
Most bloggers give their name but not their email. A quick google search on their alias almost always gives you their email address.

dblee
01-22-2008, 01:23 AM
immigration is a huge issue for them

Kludge
01-22-2008, 01:39 AM
We need to get ready for Fred Thompson too ;)

liberty_Forever
01-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Yeah, this is a good idea. I actually was a Duncan Hunter supporter before I found out about Paul.

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Let me show you a example of a thread to show you how brainwashed these guys are

mind you their forums are filled with anti fox news messages

http://duncanhunter.meetup.com/1/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=4086544

I like my response to the last piece tho

Your right he hasn't flipped on one issue. About blaming America for 9/11! If he were commander in chief you'd see us cut and run like a scalded dog from Iraq and Afganistan! He wants us to be nice to the terrorists and think they will leave us alone? You do that and they will see how weak we are and mark my words you would have more attacks here. Fight them over there! I served in the military, you don't think our men joined not knowing they may have to fight one day? You be weak on terrorism and it will haunt us tenfold! I am quite thankfull that we have not been attacked since 9/11, thank god! We will continue to track them down over there and kill them, we will hang on to the enemy and kick them in the ass! Sorry for getting deep into this but to show weakness would be a disaster for America! It will take a very long time, possibly beyond our lifetimes, but we will prevail! America will prevail!

Once again you come of as a bit rude Sir. Just calm down for a second. I find it hard for people to lump all the actions a goverment or administration makes as "America." I recognize it for what it really is, a perfectly two party democratic republic ruled by a president and a vice president from one party and a congress and senate made up of both those parties together. These administrations are made up of humans and perfectly capable of making mistakes, these administrations also tend to not represent 40-49% of the american public. One of the most important parts of our goverment system is that we recognize and fix the mistakes we make no matter what party or administration is in power.

Of course you may be speaking of America as this great ideal. A free nation better than any other nation on earth. And that may or may not be true. The thing about this is we are the ones that got involved in those other countries foreign affairs first. We put a dictator in power in Iran in 1953 when a democratic leader was elected. We suffered a backlash, what is called blowback from that. There was a revolution and the revolutionaries kidnapped our embassy members. We support Saddam Hussein and gave him thousands of dollars in weapons of different sorts to fight that Iranian revolution. Then we stopped supporting him the minute our hostages were returned. We suffered a backlash from that too, the first gulf war. We bombed Libya soon afterwards and another backlash occured when Pan-Am Flight 103 was destroyed by Libyan suicide Bombers. We also supported the Muhjadeen in the war against Soviet Russia and a man named Osama Bin Laden planned the largest single backlash event against America.

Mind you that all these wars and foreign involvements did not stem from any danger to America or her allies they came from either orders from the U.N. or N.A.T.O.

We have consistently allowed our sovereignty to be undermined by U.N. orders and foreign demands. I remember a certain President that said in a 2000 debate with Al Gore said,

Source: Second Gore-Bush Debate http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/showdebate.php?debateid=21

MODERATOR: Should the people of the world look at the United States, Governor, and say, should they fear us, should they welcome our involvement, should they see us as a friend, everybody in the world? How would you project us around the world, as president?

BUSH: Well, I think they ought to look at us as a country that understands freedom where it doesn't matter who you are or how you're raised or where you're from, that you can succeed. I don't think they'll look at us with envy. It really depends upon how our nation conducts itself in foreign policy. If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us. If we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us. And it's -- our nation stands alone right now in the world in terms of power, and that's why we have to be humble. And yet project strength in a way that promotes freedom. So I don't think they ought to look at us in any way other than what we are. We're a freedom-loving nation and if we're an arrogant nation they'll view us that way, but if we're a humble nation they'll respect us.

Bush: I'm worried about overcommitting our military around the world. I want to be judicious in its use. You mentioned Haiti. I wouldn't have sent troops to Haiti. I didn't think it was a mission worthwhile. It was a nation building mission, and it was not very successful. It cost us billions, a couple billions of dollars, and I'm not so sure democracy is any better off in Haiti than it was before.

A humble foreign policy. I remember this word being tossed around by Republicans for so many years and being rehashed again and again yet we really have lost track of what that means.

Another interesting note Bush said hes against Nation Building as well. In fact he practically says, "No Nation Building."

Iraq is not about cut and run, we've already accepted that it was a mistake and wrong. Not only the American people and the current administration but also the world. Yet we are staying there and building over 10 permanent bases in that nation and committing billions of dollars a year until 2013 at the latest. We're building a giant embassy and preparing this huge base of operations alongside Afghanistan.

Realistically the American Goverment does not have the money to support such a giant military empire. We are already 9 trillion dollars in debt. Every single american child is born with $440,000 dollars in debt upon their heads. Yet we continue to send Billions of dollars of foreign aid and maintain 200,000 soldiers outside of Iraq and Afghanistan in bases around the world.

This isn't about cutting tailing and running. This is about taking our money and putting it to work in our own nation, its about bringing our troops home and letting them work on something that matters to the american people, its about securing our borders. We can easily do twice what we are doing in iraq for half the price and with half the troops.

Are biggest weakness against terrorism is the looming weakness of our home security. It is our borders, it is our airports, it is our ports that are by far our biggest weakness to a terrorist attack. And frankly those should be our STRONGEST anti terror points.

when nothing else works use their own idols words against them..:eek:

Eric21ND
01-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Push Paul's strong border credentials to these folks all other Republicans are weak...very weak on this issue. Hammer McCain/Huckster on it.

Rhys
01-22-2008, 03:47 AM
I think we have EVERYONE if we can bring them around on the war. lefties are even willing to learn about free markets AFTER the war message. Republicans need to be sold on the war, not the Right... we started right wing.

I love your post. what did he say in return?

liberty_Forever
01-22-2008, 03:48 AM
Wow, that was a fantastic response!

Remember, also explain the government is bankrupt, and that even if we WANT to stay in Iraq, we simply cannot afford it.. The enormous cost of the war is a major contributing factor to the collapsing economy.

cjhowe
01-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Hunter bashed Romney today on Neil Cavuto's program for Bain Capital in a joint venture with a Chinese defense contractor that built sadam's air defense system. It was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bX2hkmE5zA

RonPaulalways
01-22-2008, 04:33 AM
This is good, Hunter's blog cites Richard Viguerie, describing him as a "true conservative", in this post: h ttp://bloggers4duncanhunter.blogspot.com/2007/07/say-no-to-fred-thompson.html

And Richard Viguerie recently endorsed Ron Paul.

Danny Molina
01-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Let me show you a example of a thread to show you how brainwashed these guys are

That was amazing. Excellent work!

syborius
01-22-2008, 05:03 AM

I think you are using too much logic, cold-facts, and common-sense here. Based on that thread, and how those people replied I would say it's a lost cause. These people are forever brainwashed, lost souls.....
What might work on them, instead of facts, you need to employ the same tactics by which they have been brainwashed. FEAR!!! scare the hell out of them regarding the economy. The best ally we have right now to getting Paul elected is the impending financial collapse of the country. Hell, I'm really scared. If we start to wake them up to this crisis we will get more people to look at the good Dr. They need to understand these wars have bankrupted us. :(

RonPaulalways
01-22-2008, 05:38 AM

great post! +1

electronicmaji
01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
blimp....

time to work on the fred thompson meetups?

they're empty :/

Danny Molina
01-23-2008, 01:04 AM
See how fear affects people.

Do not mistake being rude for telling the truth! I take expection to your opinion that the Iraq war is wrong. Who is we? Not me, not alot of other people. Fact, the world is a better place without Saddam Hussien. Fact, we are fighting those fanatics over there and not here. Fact, we have not been attacked since 9/11! So your solution is what? Cut military spending, have a "humble foriegn policy"? You and I will agree on one thing, we must seal our borders, the southern border is buck naked wide open! Our border patrol has probably the most dangerous job in America. Duncan Hunter is right, he proved the border fence does work in his home district, illegal crossing down over 90%, and crime rate in San Diego was down 53%, all confirmed by FBI crime stats. Do I think we have gotten into things world wide that we should not have, I'm sure we have. However you keep killing these islamic radicals over there, it makes it much harder for them to concentrate over here to kill us. So when I hear Paul saying 9/11 was our own fault, I take acception to you and others that say that. No one in the world, friend or foe deserved that. Everyday I pray that we will kill them before they kill us, our armed forces are doing a hell of job over there. I still have friends in the military, my best friend just returned from Iraq and he said what the media won't say. The surge did work! Violence is far less than it was before the surge, sometimes the best defense is a good offense, when we sat back and waited for the terrorists to attack we suffered more causlties than when we went on the offense and kicked them in the ass. The terrorists want to put the fear of god into us so we are afraid to fight, that somehow if we left everyone alone in the world, that they won't attack. Absolutely the worst possible scenario you can do! Appeasment never has worked, ask Neville Chamberlin! We must put the fear of god into them! Believe me, the last people in the world that want war is the American soldier for it is he who has to bear the scurge of war and carry of the scars of war, he wants peace above all, but he is ready to fight for that peace if called upon. I served I do not want war, no one in his right mind does, but there are times it is neccasary for a lasting peace and I pray it will end. But you, me, and all of us must be prepared, this is a long fight we have ahead, it will last beyond our lifetimes more than likely. But our resolve must be clear, sometimes friends of ours in the world will disagree, but we do it for in the name of a lasting peace, we do it for each other, and we do it for America! Right or wrong, it is still our country.

electronicmaji
01-23-2008, 01:24 AM
*sigh*

I gave it my best
but I feel this guy
brainwashed permenanently
may be