PDA

View Full Version : 8% - 10% consistently . . . CONSISTENTLY

jmarinara
01-22-2008, 12:59 AM
I plan to bump this thread every single day until we win a state. I'm serious.

We must deal with the fact that Ron Paul is not winning. We can't be starry eyed optimists, we can't look to the future. We have to look to now. NOW. Look at the results. Look at the anti-paul backlash. Look at our wretched country.

The results. They are all that matter. Our moneybombs mean nothing. Our internet presence means nothing. Our volunteer enthusiasm means nothing. Votes mean everything, delegates mean more.

WE MUST BEGIN TO WIN.

Lives, fortunes, sacred honor. Put it on the line people and put your baseless optimism away. Deal with the facts. The facts are your friends. The facts tell you all you need to know. What could happen tells you nothing, what is happening is all that matters.

Deal with the facts. Let it motivate you. Let it make you mad. Let it educate you or make you get educated. Let it drive you. Deal with the facts.

Freedom isn't popular. It should be. Make it popular.

Bottomline: we are only getting 8% - 10%, sometimes less, rarely more. We have to do better.

You will hear from me with this same splash of cold water every single day until we win a state, then I will have more splashes of cold water until Ron Paul puts his hand on a Bible and swears to uphold the constitution on January 20, 2009.

8% - 10% consistently CONSISTENTLY We must do better.

P.S.

2 things:

1. If you are tired of hearing from me then make sure Ron Paul wins a state. Don't be mad, be motivated.

2. Don't ask me what I'm doing to help. You are reading what I'm doing. My friends are voting for Ron Paul. My family is listening to me about him, so are my neighbors and co-workers. I'll keep talking until I'm shut up. I've donated all I can, don't qualify to be a delegate and have plenty of slim jims to pass out. I'm doing this because it's the only way I can think of to contribute.

BigRedBrent
01-22-2008, 01:35 AM
I am in almost complete agreement. Your typical pessimist will do absolutely nothing. But the moment that pessimist does anything about the cause of his pessimism he then becomes more useful then those who are optimistic but doing less then the pessimist.

The pessimist who fights to get an optimistic result is really an optimists. But only if he does not negatively affect what he is optimistic about.

Well all I am trying to say is that being realistic is always best as long as it is to the benefit of the goal.

We need to look into every kind of option that we can think of, we need to get desperate and should never have not been desperate. We have a very large and very difficult battle to fight and we need to understand that failure must NOT be an option.

mczerone
01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
2. Don't ask me what I'm doing to help. You are reading what I'm doing. My friends are voting for Ron Paul. My family is listening to me about him, so are my neighbors and co-workers. I'll keep talking until I'm shut up. I've donated all I can, don't qualify to be a delegate and have plenty of slim jims to pass out. I'm doing this because it's the only way I can think of to contribute.

Then I can assume that you have signed up to be a precinct leader also...

Its great that everyone you know is going to vote for Paul, but we need more votes than any One person knows. you Need to talk to your entire neighborhood, and even county, if you have the time. I pledged my time as much as I could before my primary, and I'm encouraging all others to get outside and do the same!

r3volution1776
01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Im sorry, but most of us are not in the army and we don't respond well to pessimism and put me downs. Do not become a motivational speaker! Tough love is not something that works well with most of the people on the board, its early and there have not been too many victories, give it a rest and do your thing to support RP, but as you should know, dreamers need dreams to do things, so by crushing their dreams, you only make it that much harder for them to fight the fight. I'm not saying what is realistic or what is not, but all I'm saying is try to motivate people, not put them down.

BigRedBrent
01-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Im sorry, but most of us are not in the army and we don't respond well to pessimism and put me downs. Do not become a motivational speaker! Tough love is not something that works well with most of the people on the board, its early and there have not been too many victories, give it a rest and do your thing to support RP, but as you should know, dreamers need dreams to do things, so by crushing their dreams, you only make it that much harder for them to fight the fight. I'm not saying what is realistic or what is not, but all I'm saying is try to motivate people, not put them down.

When people are doing something productive then motivation and praise is warranted.

However I do think people need to realistically understand that this is a battle. This is war. WAR!!!!!

We must understand that we must win as if our lives depended on it, because it is likely that they do depend on it. Those who do not understand this would be more useful to us if they did.

If something is not working then we should look into other things that will. We need to put our minds and our hearts together, and come to the conclusion that we will fail if we don't do everything in our power to ensure our victory.

r3volution1776
01-22-2008, 02:46 AM
When people are doing something productive then motivation and praise is warranted.

However I do think people need to realistically understand that this is a battle. This is war. WAR!!!!!

We must understand that we must win as if our lives depended on it, because it is likely that they do depend on it. Those who do not understand this would be more useful to us if they did.

If something is not working then we should look into other things that will. We need to put our minds and our hearts together, and come to the conclusion that we will fail if we don't do everything in our power to ensure our victory.

BigRedBrent, Your statement is a lot more motivational than, "Money bombs don't matter, Ron Paul is Losing, etc." The whole point is to be motivational in tone, not pessimistic, as the OP was. I agree we need to correct the wrongs and things like that, but for those who are putting in a lot of effort, you don't say "We are losing!" you say, "Hey great effort guys, we managed to get 10% of the vote, which is so far ahead of where we were in the beginnig. We can do more though, freedom is catching on. Lets continue to canvass and create conversations with people, but lets also not forget that we could be doing (fill in the blank) to help even more."

ddoggphx
01-22-2008, 03:54 AM
When we are older, will we change the world? Or will we be status quo voters?

Will we last that long?

How much do we care?

Or will we be saviours of ourselves, our children and our children's children?

Save Lives
Save Money
Save the Republic

www.RonPaul2008.com

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-22-2008, 07:57 AM
We've gone from 1% IN THE POLLS TO "8-10%", seems to me we may be hitting critical mass.

seeker1
01-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I wanted to point out the same thing. We are his votes. The 6-10% are the grassroots.

So let me ask you...what is the national campaign doing to get votes?

The ads suck, the press coverage sucks the only good stuff coming out is from us.

I'm pretty sick of it.

virgil47
01-22-2008, 08:33 AM
The national campaign should be focusing on getting the vote of the older americans. It does not appear that they are doing this. By the way complacency has lost as many if not more battles than negativity. We need to win in order to show the voting public that we are a serious about Ron Paul becoming president. Yes the money is important but if it is not used effectively it by itself is meaningless. Let's quit spinning our wheels and start thinking of ways to engage more of the public in our cause.

stevedasbach
01-22-2008, 09:11 AM
How exactly will bumping this thread up every day until we win a state cause us to win a state?

The money bombs, etc. got us to 8-10% instead of Duncan Hunter's 1%. It's not enough, but it's not something to put down either.

IMO, in order to progress further, Ron has to be on TV regularly. That means MSM coverage or TV ads, preferably both. We can supply the money for the TV ads, but the campaign has to produce the ads and buy the time, and the campaign has to find ways to make news. The stock market and other economic woes provides an opening -- the campaign has to find a way to take advantage of it.

We've seen that canvassing and a strong GOTV effort can double our vote compared to polls. However, the national polls have us at 4% and state polls in upcoming contests are in the 4-6% range. Even doubling that with an outstanding canvassing and GOTV effort won't be enough. We have to build enough support to get Ron into double digits, and an expanded TV presence is the only thing that will reach enough people to significantly move the numbers.

Jeremiah
01-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I wanted to point out the same thing. We are his votes. The 6-10% are the grassroots.

The ads suck, the press coverage sucks the only good stuff coming out is from us.

I'm pretty sick of it.

Pay a visit to the official website and read all the blogs there. The HQ staff are working very hard on their end. The last thing a military commander needs during a campaign is dissension in the ranks.

This is not the constitutional society, this is the army which is fighting to establish the constitutional society. It is important to know the difference. This is your mission, if you wish to accept it. If not please leave the battlefield.

jmarinara
01-22-2008, 10:10 AM
/ bumb

Your splash of cold water for January 22:

dreamers need dreams to do things, so by crushing their dreams, you only make it that much harder for them to fight the fight. I'm not saying what is realistic or what is not, but all I'm saying is try to motivate people, not put them down.

I am trying to motivate people. As a fellow dreamer, let me respond by saying that dreamers would be better served getting their heads out of the clouds and responding to the world around them. We can't live in a dreamworld of what might happen or what could happen. We have to deal with what is happening. Ron Paul is losing. He is gaining 8 - 10% of the vote. Find a way to turn this around.

You want a dream? Here you go: We CAN win. Yes we CAN. But only if we deal with the facts, change our tactics, and overcome our obstacles. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

but for those who are putting in a lot of effort, you don't say "We are losing!" you say, "Hey great effort guys, we managed to get 10% of the vote, which is so far ahead of where we were in the beginnig. We can do more though, freedom is catching on. Lets continue to canvass and create conversations with people, but lets also not forget that we could be doing (fill in the blank) to help even more."

Ok, I'll try it your way, but with the truth. I'm not being sarcastic here either, I really do mean what I'm about to type. (I'll put my own words in bold).

"Hey great effort guys, we managed to get 10% of the vote, which is so far ahead of where we were in the beginning. We MUST do more though, because freedom is not catching on. It is not popular. We need to examine this entire revolution and find out what we can do better, how we can actually win an election, including our efforts to canvass and create conversations with people. We all want to win, and for our children, we must win. Your all great people, lets not give up now. Lets fight on, but fight differently because I think we need a new approach."

Ok?

We've gone from 1% IN THE POLLS TO "8-10%", seems to me we may be hitting critical mass.

No no no. If 10% was critical mass, then we would have continued to make gains past the 10% and 4 delegates we got in Iowa. Instead we went down from there. 8% and no delegates in New Hampshire, 6% and no delegates in Michigan, 4% and no delegates in South Carolina, and of course we stopped the down trend in Nevada thank God.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, this blind baseless optimism "we're hitting a tipping point, critical mass" and all that. We went from 10% to 4% and are way behind in delegates. We must do better while we still have a chance to win this thing. Enough of this!!!! Deal with the facts!!!!

I'm pretty sick of it.

I'm sick of it too. We can't change the national campaign nor can they change us. It's good that you recognize part of the problem. But also don't waste time trying to change people you simply can't change. Improvise, adapt, and overcome even if it's the national campaign.

How exactly will bumping this thread up every day until we win a state cause us to win a state?

It will remind you of the facts. If you get sick of it, make sure Ron wins a state and I'll stop. If we get late in the race, I may wait until we win more than one to stop, but for now I'll stick to one.

The money bombs, etc. got us to 8-10% instead of Duncan Hunter's 1%. It's not enough, but it's not something to put down either.

It hasn't gotten us anymore than 8 - 10%. It's not enough, and it's not working.

the campaign has to produce the ads and buy the time, and the campaign has to find ways to make news. The stock market and other economic woes provides an opening -- the campaign has to find a way to take advantage of it.

You can't change the campaign and they can't change us. Improvise, adapt, and overcome even with the national campaign. Stop expecting others to change because you can't control others.

We've seen that canvassing and a strong GOTV effort can double our vote compared to polls. However, the national polls have us at 4% and state polls in upcoming contests are in the 4-6% range. Even doubling that with an outstanding canvassing and GOTV effort won't be enough. We have to build enough support to get Ron into double digits, and an expanded TV presence is the only thing that will reach enough people to significantly move the numbers.

Good analysis. Excellent even. Now, how do you think we can build an expanded TV presence? Bear in mind that what we have already been doing to our fullest hasn't been working. Time for new fresh ideas.

See you all tomorrow.

RonRules
01-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Tone down the RevolUTION stuff, shave your scruffy beards, untangle your dreadlocks, put down your bongs and go canvass OLD people.

In every state so far the 50+ has dominated the vote. (45% over 60 in Nevada)

It's OLD PEOPLE stupid !

phree
01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations jmarinara for a great thread.

People that don't want to pause and re-evaluate strategy run the risk of missing opportunities to improve results. It's frightening how prevalent this type of attitude is on RPF.

John P Slevin
01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
You need to see that we ARE winning...the Ron Paul votes gathered so far is a SUCCESS!

The 8-10% means we are winning.

It's not about one election. It's about making sure all elections feature voters better informed, throwing out all rascals, etc.

American voters typically get all charged up about one election, every four years.

Most voters are too ignorant or just plain lazy to care about who holds all the other offices in the land. The power, most of it, resides outside the White House.

Ignorant and apathetic voters is a sad fact of political life. Ron Paul supporters need to realize that this effort, so far, is a wild success.

It's long overdue, if you've been in the trenches for a few decades, as many have been.

You need to get your cues OUTSIDE this forum, talk to some people who have been there, who never got near 5% of the vote!

It would be nice if Ron Paul got the GOP nomination, but it wouldn't be a cure all.

The cure comes from the fight, the ultimate success of the fight is what is important.

Keep believing, and ENJOY your victories...most of all, recognize a good thing when it is happening.

evandi
01-22-2008, 11:05 AM
The media really hasn't given us the attention our 8-14% deserves.

We were also winning a poll in Alaska quite some time ago. I know Alaska is small, but anyway.

We were denied access to a debate. At the debate the conservative viewers were told "one of these people will get the nomination".

The very day of the New Hampshire primary we were hit by a drudgereport amplified smear and drudgereport is read by a lot of young conservatives who might have otherwise voted for us. I read reports that it was being shouted out on campuses that "Ron Paul is a racist".

Most talk show hosts are distorting reality. If we had more radio talk show hosts talking about the real issues, we would have a lot more support.

Medved has blatantly smeared Paul many times. Hannity... well duh.

The most "conservative" people on the air and on the tube, including Glenn Beck, have marginalized us from the start.

We have to keep trying and stop talking about anything other then victory. It is not Ron Paul's beliefs that have hit a brick wall, it is his lack of media support, and that is something we can continue to fight.

In any case, the better he does the better off we will be, and the more we expose the media for what they are doing. the better off the country, and our democatic process will be.

Ben Elliott
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
What if we had a money bomb for all the meet-ups in different states, so the supporters have the opportunity of reaching millions in each state.

Just a suggestion.

jmunjr
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry folks this is not the post 1970s Little League where everybody wins and mediocrity is rewarded. Then again, many of the RP supporters around here are from the generation where mediocrity has been "ok" while growing up. Perhaps that is why there has been such a negative reaction to the "pessimism"..

But in your defense, if you are one of those who never really experienced failure(despite failing all the time), you are probably voting Democrat anyway...

:)

tpreitzel
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Tone down the RevolUTION stuff, shave your scruffy beards, untangle your dreadlocks, put down your bongs and go canvass OLD people.

In every state so far the 50+ has dominated the vote. (45% over 60 in Nevada)

It's OLD PEOPLE stupid !

:) Yes, indeed!

seeker1
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Pay a visit to the official website and read all the blogs there. The HQ staff are working very hard on their end. The last thing a military commander needs during a campaign is dissension in the ranks.

This is not the constitutional society, this is the army which is fighting to establish the constitutional society. It is important to know the difference. This is your mission, if you wish to accept it. If not please leave the battlefield.

What I don't need is your militaristic battlefield bullshit metaphors. I am not in your fascist army of "you better fall in line with authority" and you're a moron to even suggest I leave the fray because I don't march to your wardrum.

The blog is a joke.

Everything accomplished thus far is us going door to door and talking to our friends and neighbors. Garnering only 6% of the vote thus far, the funds donated to the national campaign seem to be wasted.

I stand by my earlier statement. The ads from the national campaign have failed to reach the common man because they fail to connect, period.

I've been supporting Ron Paul for over 25 years and he has been my write in candidate for the last six elections, so don't even think of telling me to leave the fight because I disagree with his campaign staff.:mad:

Myerz
01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Buy a TV station and get him on it!

jmarinara
01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
/ bump

Your daily splash of cold water for January 23.

People that don't want to pause and re-evaluate strategy run the risk of missing opportunities to improve results. It's frightening how prevalent this type of attitude is on RPF.

Exactly. All I'm saying here is that whatever we are doing, leads us to a consistent minority of the votes. We have to do something different. We HAVE to win.

The 8-10% means we are winning.

Oh good grief! :rolleyes:

I want you take a day. Sit at home. Don't watch TV, don't look out the window. Don't go to work. Just sit at home and think. Think really really hard. Think really really hard about what you just said.

Ron Paul supporters need to realize that this effort, so far, is a wild success.

Again. Think really really hard about what you just said. Maybe take two days off.

Keep believing, and ENJOY your victories...most of all, recognize a good thing when it is happening.

When we have a victory, I will be sure to enjoy it.

The media really hasn't given us the attention our 8-14% deserves.

We were also winning a poll in Alaska quite some time ago. I know Alaska is small, but anyway.

We were denied access to a debate. At the debate the conservative viewers were told "one of these people will get the nomination".

The very day of the New Hampshire primary we were hit by a drudgereport amplified smear and drudgereport is read by a lot of young conservatives who might have otherwise voted for us. I read reports that it was being shouted out on campuses that "Ron Paul is a racist".

Most talk show hosts are distorting reality. If we had more radio talk show hosts talking about the real issues, we would have a lot more support.

Medved has blatantly smeared Paul many times. Hannity... well duh.

The most "conservative" people on the air and on the tube, including Glenn Beck, have marginalized us from the start.

We have to keep trying and stop talking about anything other then victory. It is not Ron Paul's beliefs that have hit a brick wall, it is his lack of media support, and that is something we can continue to fight.

In any case, the better he does the better off we will be, and the more we expose the media for what they are doing. the better off the country, and our democatic process will be.

These are all very excellent points. In fact, that might be the best thing I've read in quite some time on these here forums, especially the part I bolded.

Ok guys, I've given you your spalsh of cold water for the day. Don't get depressed. Don't lose faith, but at the same time recognize the reality of our situation.

Go get 'em!

SeanEdwards
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't beleive Paul will win the GOP nomination.

I don't think the 'machine' will allow it.

However, I think there is a very real possibility of running the most succesful third party grassroots election campaign in the history of the U.S. If we can get the grassroots really fired up, we just might be able to spark a real r3volution.

jmarinara
01-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Greetings folks.

Sorry I couldn't keep my promise to bump this everyday as my internet was down for a few days.

Anyway, I'm back and barring any more problems, I'll keep bumping away.

Remember folks, what we have been doing has not worked well. It's gotten us 8 - 10%, but not much beyond that. We need to refocus our efforts, explore new ideas, think about the problem differently.

The guy above me mentioned that Dr. Paul may just run as a third party candidate. Well he might, and that's fine, I'll vote for him, work for the campaign and do what I can on his behalf as I'm sure many of you would. But why should it have to come to that? Dr. Paul is an old guard Republican. He deserves the Republican nomination. And it will be easier for him to win with the Republican Nomination.

So let's give him the republican nomination.

Some fightin' words to fire you up from my local neo-con Ron Paul hating talk show host, Mark Belling:

"Have you ever seen a candidate raise more money and have it mean so little than Ron Paul? I mean this guy is just going no where! What a pathetic campaign from a pathetic candidate. He has a fortune and has run ads to no end but they just have no effect. When will he realize that this Pat Buchanan wing of the republican party, you know the let's not deal with reality wing that's just detestable, when will they realize that most republicans despise them and just wish they would go away. Ron Paul isn't even a Republican anyway, and to see him and his money fall flat on it's face is just great to watch."

Yeah he's an idiot. I used to really like his show, but he's showing his true colors by supporting Fred Thompson (hows that for irony) and Mitt Romney and despising Dr. Paul. The best thing we can do is give him some words to eat when the primaries come around here in Wisconsin late February. I intend to do everything I can to see that happen, but a few states in Ron Paul's victory column would be mighty helpful.

Let's make Belling eat his words. Let's make an impact. IT CAN HAPPEN. IT MUST HAPPEN, but it's not happening yet.

I'll see you tomorrow.

libertythor
01-26-2008, 06:27 PM
bump

crink
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
this is a battle. This is war. WAR!!!!!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

sgrooms
01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
bump

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Bump for...oh I don't know what.

Carl Corey
01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Focus on congress and other political positions, Ron Paul is just paving the way.

Peace&Freedom
01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
I think freedom IS popular, but the Paul freedom message has not gotten out to enough average people so that we can find out whether it is popular or not. That said, the grassroots has been preoccupied with online polls, websites where we talk to each other endlessly, and cable political debates/news shows that regular, non-political people don't bother with. This creates a desire for the quick high to satiate all our insular networking. We want Paul to just walk in the room and immediately solve the 'primary case' like Holmes, when the Paul strategy is more geared towards a Lt. Columbo 'last scene' finish. This is a slow, 'teach the population why they need Paul' sell, and that takes time.

In the 'tortoise beats the hare,' rope-a-dope , 'wait 'til the right moment to hit the nitrous oxide switch' type campaign that HQ is running, 'winning' is not really needed until the second half of the game (after Super Tuesday). Placing high here and there (say NV and LA), and otherwise hanging in there is all that's needed through February 5--and Paul has done that. FWIW, last September the HQ trainer who was doing the one day workshops for the grassroots was ALREADY using the 'turtle' metaphor to describe the plan the campaign was up to. Be patient, this is a war of attrition through the convention, not a sprint to the cheap thrill of winning an early battle.

nodope0695
01-26-2008, 07:41 PM

+1

jmarinara
01-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Good day fellow patriots. Your splash of water for January 27 comes to us with an announcement of leadership changes in the Ron Paul campaign. This good news.

Focus on congress and other political positions, Ron Paul is just paving the way.

No. Ron Paul is running for president. The fact that he MIGHT be paving the way for something that COULD happen in the future is just a nice side benefit.

This is exactly what I mean here. We are losing focus and choosing to concentrate on an unknown future we dream up in our heads. Deal with reality. Ron Paul isn't winning anything yet. That can change.

I think freedom IS popular, but the Paul freedom message has not gotten out to enough average people so that we can find out whether it is popular or not.

Think about what you just said.

In the 'tortoise beats the hare,' rope-a-dope , 'wait 'til the right moment to hit the nitrous oxide switch' type campaign that HQ is running, 'winning' is not really needed until the second half of the game (after Super Tuesday).

Oh please. If we come away after Super Tuesday with no states won, this campaign is over. Unless of course Paul wants to make himself look foolish and start a third party campaign after saying he had no intention on doing so. Even then, a third party campaign has a low likelihood of winning.

Placing high here and there (say NV and LA), and otherwise hanging in there is all that's needed through February 5--and Paul has done that.

No. If Romney or McCain come out of Super Tuesday with 15 states won or something like that, we, and every other Republican in the race, are finished.

FWIW, last September the HQ trainer who was doing the one day workshops for the grassroots was ALREADY using the 'turtle' metaphor to describe the plan the campaign was up to. Be patient, this is a war of attrition through the convention, not a sprint to the cheap thrill of winning an early battle.

Thank God Ron Paul is starting to make leadership changes. Thank God. If this was their mentality in September, they were foolish indeed. This campaign will be won on Super Tuesday. It HAD the potential of being won before then, but is still open through Super Tuesday.

Think about it. If we go to the convention with ZERO wins. What chance do we have at the nomination?

+1

And my response to you is the same as my response to r3volution1776:

I am trying to motivate people. As a fellow dreamer, let me respond by saying that dreamers would be better served getting their heads out of the clouds and responding to the world around them. We can't live in a dreamworld of what might happen or what could happen. We have to deal with what is happening. Ron Paul is losing. He is gaining 8 - 10% of the vote. Find a way to turn this around.

You want a dream? Here you go: We CAN win. Yes we CAN. But only if we deal with the facts, change our tactics, and overcome our obstacles. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

See you all tomorrow!

Peace&Freedom
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I stand behind what I said. If the media is blacking out a message, it is unreasonable to judge the success of a message few have been exposed to. That's the same factor involved with the tortoise strategy---we won't know if it's successful until the end of the race. No one said Paul should go to the con with zero wins, the concept is he gets some wins on the backend, during the second half of the primaries. It was the superior plan, because it factored in winning DESPITE a media blackout, a crowded field preventing a breakout frontrunner, candidates running out of cash, etc.

Wins are less important than delegate pickups at this point. The 'frontend' theory the other candidates have pursued (to try to slingshot their way to a bunch of Super Tuesday wins) has so far failed, with no real breakaway winner likely to be coming out of Super Tuesday (the big three should split the delegate pie, and not be on a path to winning the nomination before the con).

jmarinara
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
/bump

Your splash of cold water for the day. I might just send a link of this to the good doctor himself.

Wins are less important than delegate pickups at this point. The 'frontend' theory the other candidates have pursued (to try to slingshot their way to a bunch of Super Tuesday wins) has so far failed, with no real breakaway winner likely to be coming out of Super Tuesday (the big three should split the delegate pie, and not be on a path to winning the nomination before the con).

It seems that the good doctor has endorsed this point of view: http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/01/message-from--2.html

Which of course validates your earlier comment about how the campaign has been believing this from the beginning.

*sigh* Ok, let me try and spell it out for all of you, including this hotshot team that Ron has put together. Here goes. . . this strategy is just fine, IF YOU ACTUALLY WIN DELEGATES!!!! Ron Paul has 6, count them, 6 confirmed delegates at this point. That's right folks, 6.

This race, right now, is down to two people. Romney and McCain. (unless of course we climb back in it) Do you really think those guys can't take the necessary amount of delegates and win this thing? Of course they can.

And really guys, (regarding Ron's note linked above) do you think that a delegate pledged to a socialist like Huckabee is really going to vote for our guy?

And let's say he does. I dunno, maybe he will. Maybe Ron knows the situation better than I do. (Which is quite likely). How many open delegates are really going to vote for a guy that scores 8 - 10% consistently? The GOP base would be furious about nominating an "unelectable" guy, half of which have been told by Hannitty is a buffoon!

Look, guys, the people go to the polls for a reason. They vote for a reason. It's not meaningless. Those votes decide delegates. They decide how big of the pie you get in some states, or if you get any pie at all in other states. Instead of pinning our futures on the hopes and dreams, and the particular mood of a delegate pledged to another candidate, let's just win a damn election already.

If Ron wins some states, then lets talk about brokered elections. But until then, it's rather ridiculous to think that the GOP is going to even offer him a place at the table to broker. And frankly, with zero wins and few delegates pledged to him, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

So bottom line, go win something already. Don't pin your hopes on what COULD happen. Make it happen, it's the only sure way.

I'll see you tomorrow.

jmarinara
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
/bump

Another day and a whopping three percent in Florida. Yep, 3%.

Ok, anyone concerned yet? No? Well then take a good look at this http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R

Yes folks, that snake in the grass and thorn in conservatisim's side John Freakin' McCain is winning the race!!!! John McCain. Sure, freedom is popular. Right.

On the bright side, I want to endorse and encourage http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/ for showing a lot of creativity in trying to solve a real problem for Dr. Paul. Seriously, this is an awesome idea if it can be pulled off. I plan to e-mail those folks as soon as I'm done here to find out what I can do to help out.

This is good stuff guys, and a great example of what I've been saying since I started this thread. What we are doing isn't working. We're losing. The media hates us. Freedom isn't popular, but it should be! We need to find a way to get around the problems and put our ideas to everyday folk. Learn from this example folks. Use your talents and skills for more than You Tube videos and blogs. Keep working, keep trying.

Right now it's all we got.

See you tomorrow.

jmarinara
01-30-2008, 08:49 PM
/bump

Bad day today (for me personally, not for the campaign) so I don't feel like writing.

jmarinara
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Ok technically I missed Thursday. But it's 12:30 in the morning friday, and I'll write later tonight to make up for it. Considering we're dealing with a huge blizzard here in WI. . . again, and my car is stuck in a ditch. . . . again, I think you guys can cut me some slack. :)

ok, on that note . . .
/bump

Xenophage
02-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Consistent 8 to 10% is a victory dude. If you think otherwise, you haven't been involved with the libertarian movement very long. Its been a consistent 0.5% for decades.

jmarinara
02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
/bump Your splash of cold water for the day.

Consistent 8 to 10% is a victory dude. If you think otherwise, you haven't been involved with the libertarian movement very long. Its been a consistent 0.5% for decades.

Think about what you just said.

I mean honestly folks, I'm getting real tired of this line of thinking. If the guy who wins wins scores, say, 35% of the vote, and we score 34% we still lost the election.

So what if "libertarians" have been scoring .5% forever and a day. I'm not a libertarian nor is Ron Paul running on the libertarian ticket. No, I'm and American and Ron Paul is trying to win the REPUBLICAN ticket. and 8-10% isn't going to win a single thing.

But, never mind me. I'm just a pessimist and an idiot or whatever. No no, go ahead, keep deluding yourself into believing that we're actually winning something here.

jmarinara
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
/bump

What have you done today to make sure Ron Paul doesn't have 24 more embarrassments on Super Tuesday (or whatever the number of states is)?

Time is running out, make sure you're doing all you can. We can turn this around in one day if we can a few races. McCain is assuming he's getting the nomination, but this race ain't over yet.

jmarinara
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
/bump

Here's an article that will make your blood boil and illustrates why we need to absolutely win this election.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080204/D8UJ63I80.html

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Ron Paul won Louisiana. He got way more than 10% here.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 11:19 PM

What would you estimate he got?

therealjjj77
02-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Can I say brokered convention? BECOME DELEGATES GUYS!!!!!! We have enough on this forum at any given time to take the national convention by storm. This is an easy win if we work hard and don't get discouraged. See you in St. Paul!

therealjjj77
02-03-2008, 11:24 PM
That has a nice ring to it... St. Paul =P

WRellim
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
The national campaign should be focusing on getting the vote of the older americans. It does not appear that they are doing this. By the way complacency has lost as many if not more battles than negativity. We need to win in order to show the voting public that we are a serious about Ron Paul becoming president. Yes the money is important but if it is not used effectively it by itself is meaningless. Let's quit spinning our wheels and start thinking of ways to engage more of the public in our cause.

I vote this for the understatement of the year.

Ever notice how the ONLY places the campaign schedules Ron Paul appearances are college campuses?

Why?

1) Is it because he still foolishly believes young people will rise up and vote for him?

2) Is it because he is taking a LONG-TERM view and using this campaign as (still) just an "educational campaign"? (IOW, we have been lied to, the intent was NEVER to win the nomination).

OR... to me the MOST likely...

3) This is *habit* for the campaign -- it has fallen into the TRAP and taken the path of least resistance, and the "cheapest" way to have big rallies and etc and the lowest cost. It also minimizes the number of campaign events and the amount of actual-retail campaigning the candidate has to engage in. (Stopping at all of those pesky senior centers and stuff... too complicated to schedule, and to few people at each place... besides, old people do NOT energize you like young people do).

I would say along with Forest, Forest Gump that maybe all three are happening at the same time. Certainly the main reason is #3, with #2 and #1 as excellent post factor justifications.

jmarinara
02-04-2008, 12:46 AM

I sure hope you are right my friend.

Offer me a link with some real certified proof that he won LA, and these daily bumps will stop.

Honestly, I hope I don't ever have to bump another one of these.

jmarinara
02-05-2008, 12:38 AM
/bump

Are we going to win a state tomorrow??

amonasro
02-05-2008, 12:40 AM
/bump

Are we going to win a state tomorrow??

Wait and find out. Until then, unplug your keyboard.

ClayTrainor
02-05-2008, 12:40 AM

Yea man, and i really have to commend you for your efforts in helping us achieving that.

jmarinara
02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
/bump

Super Tuesday is winding down. And it seems that the GOP likes John McCain. Good Grief even the Huckster won some states.

Now the good news, Good job in Minnesota, Montana, and North Dakota. And I'm holding out hope for Alaska, which I actually think we have a good chance at winning. If we do this will be the last post in this thread by me, as promised.

The Bad news, I may need to change the title of this thread to "3 - 6% consistently", because frankly, that's what we've been scoring as of late.

Hopefully Alaska will keep us from getting skunked tonight. Good Night.

jmarinara
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
/sigh

We got completely skunked. COMPLETELY SKUNKED. We finished third in a libertarian state like Alaska. Just unbelievable.

See you tomorrow.

jmarinara
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
/bump

jmarinara
02-09-2008, 11:06 AM
/bump

Ron Paul on his campaign and Romney backing out of the race:

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/message-from-ro.html

Allow me to translate for you folks:

"Well it's been nice talking about being president and all, but clearly its not going to happen. I sure do appreciate your money and time, but gee, this guy in my home congressional district actually seems to be gaining traction and I don't want to lose my day job. But, uh, yeah. . . viva la revolution and all that jazz. It's been a fun year at least, and I'm sure you grassroots people will continue to organize and work together and actually make a difference. . . or something like that. (to himself: good grief, Freedom SHOULD be popular, it USED to be popular)"

Yes folks this is Ron Paul's way of gracefully bowing out of this campaign to essentially save his day job, while not exactly coming out and saying it. And his campaign is informing us in their usual sloppy, unprofessional, and utterly transparent way.

It is a real shame. A real crying shame, that the only American (as opposed to socialist) in the race can't gain any traction. It's more of a shame that Freedom isn't popular.

When I have money, I intend to donate to Ron Paul's congressional fund, and I would encourage you to do the same. I really do hate to say this, but we are in worse shape now than when Doctor Paul started this campaign. All this campaign has shown us is that close to 8 - 10% of the country actually thinks like they are Americans and that when you bring light on someone who has the courage to run as an American, they run more of a risk of losing everything than winning everything. God Bless Dr. Paul for his courage, and may God judge this nation for it's wickedness.

Two last things, since this campaign is now over, I will not be bumping this post any longer.

Also, please folks, no more of this garbage about tipping points and snowball effects and third party runs. It's over. Over. Go back to your communities and start something if you wish, run for congress if you feel the need, or mayor, or whatever. But understand that this campaign is over, done, finished. It hurts to type that, but it is the truth. What hurts more is to think of all the work we have to do.

jmarinara
02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
BTW Here is a link to Paul's opponents in the Congressional Primary.

Be nice, we don't need to give them more campaign material:

http://www.chrispeden.org/

http://www.andymann2008.com/

literatim
02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Could you quit bumping this stupid thread?

jmarinara
02-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Could you quit bumping this stupid thread?

Well now that the campaign is officially over, yes, I will stop bumping this thread.

kirkblitz
02-09-2008, 03:37 PM
can i bump ?

jblosser
02-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Thank you for translating that for us. I will be sure to make sure Ron gets the message tomorrow at the rally, since so far everyone who is actually speaking to him is apparently getting it completely wrong. We'll enlighten all of them, though, don't worry.

jmarinara
02-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Thank you for translating that for us. I will be sure to make sure Ron gets the message tomorrow at the rally, since so far everyone who is actually speaking to him is apparently getting it completely wrong. We'll enlighten all of them, though, don't worry.

uhh, ok, well how am I supposed to read it? I mean the message he put out is that there is no chance of a brokered convention, he's worried about losing his congressional seat, he's cutting staff at a time when he needs more staff to do the same work, and that he's not going to run third party? I mean seriously, what in the world else are we supposed to conclude except that the campaign is essentially over?

Now look, I'm not saying that all of us should just pack it up and go home. Quite the contrary. For those of us (myself included) that have primaries or caucuses left, we should continue the campaign on his behalf. But in the spirit of this thread, lets be honest and realistic about this, Ron Paul is packing it up and moving on to save his day job. Nothing wrong with that, or bad about it, it's just sad.

If you still have a primary/caucus, go do your thing, I certainly intend too. If not, donate to his congressional campaign. But don't delude yourself. That helps no one.