PDA

View Full Version : HUGE: www.pauldigras.com

MalcolmGandi
01-22-2008, 12:34 AM
www.pauldigras.com
over 1 million people in close proximity... with several days left before the primary. Not to mention thousands and thousands of out-of-staters, most from Super Tuesday states. Everyone remotely near New Orleans needs to be down there passing out lit, and if you're not close enough or can't make it, donate a couple of bucks for Ron Paul koozies. We can reach several hundred thousand people in one day! Don't pass up this opportunity!

btwilli1
01-22-2008, 07:24 AM
since we are all not broke from MLK day =) let's make this happen. I donated $100 to pauldigras and several other people have donated $50.

MalcolmGandi
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
bumping

MalcolmGandi
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
re-bump

thegr8drronpaul
01-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I just had a (serious) question on this - not to lower your efforts, but just to clarify the process in LA. I read on the forums from someone in LA that tonight is the more meaningful night being that the caucus will determine the delegates. Don't quote me, but the guy ('torch' something?) was saying that Feb. 9th was pretty much just a straw poll? I know it will still be the media coverage that will make donating to this worth it, but just wanted to explain that this guy's post made me more a bit more unwilling to donate more to pauldigras. Can you clarify for me and for anyone else who may have read the other thread? That thread was in the Winning LA section. Thanks!

btwilli1
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
That is true the caucus tonight is the most important thing in Louisiana. However Mardi Gras is a great opportunity with over a million people in town. We are going to fly "RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT" for two hours, and try to hand things out and talk to people early in the morning.

This effort is to get out the vote on February 9th. If a candidate gets 50% of the vote than all the delegates are bound to the candidate with the majority vote. We need to make sure there is no majority. Also this will be great for name recognition. I guess you could say it is more about name recognition at a major event in New Orleans.

sharpsteve2003
01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
The opportunity to reach people from all over the country and the world with Mardi Gras is one that can't be beat.

bclemms
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
You can hit 2800 people for $10. These people are from all over the country not just Louisiana and these people are also people with money because Mardi Gras is not cheap.

I will match any donations up to $50 (I will match a total of $50) to help get the ball rolling a little faster on this.

sharpsteve2003
01-22-2008, 07:45 PM
That is true the caucus tonight is the most important thing in Louisiana. However Mardi Gras is a great opportunity with over a million people in town. We are going to fly "RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT" for two hours, and try to hand things out and talk to people early in the morning.

This effort is to get out the vote on February 9th. If a candidate gets 50% of the vote than all the delegates are bound to the candidate with the majority vote. We need to make sure there is no majority. Also this will be great for name recognition. I guess you could say it is more about name recognition at a major event in New Orleans.

I see the Ron Paul Air Corps has plans to fly over NOLA on the 5th! Congrats!!!!!

Does that mean you were able to get the funding you needed, or they are doing it on their own. I know they flew over Detroit and 2 other cities here in Michigan. Looks like they are going all out around the country.

bclemms
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm amazed how many people complain about not being able to donate because they have already hit the max. Then I read dozens of threads trying to get around this rule and yet the projects that do not have maximum donation rules go unfunded. Go figure.