PDA

View Full Version : Targetting older voters

Idyil
01-22-2008, 12:21 AM
From the data taken from the exit polls of all of the primaries/caucuses so far, it seem that Ron Paul doesn't do too well with the older voters. I think the focus of his campaign on young voters may have taken away opportunity to influence the older voters into joining the revolution. It seems that some of the larger events/advertising methods are geared toward younger voters. Perhaps the grassroots and official campaign should make a stronger effort to get the message out to this group. The data also shows that older voters still hold a huge majority over the people that vote in these elections. We should put more effort into informing this group of the Ron Paul message. If not, they will just vote for Mccain or Huckabee without looking at what they stand for. All of this is coming from me, a young voter.

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 12:23 AM
The fact that the media says he wants to "get rid of social security" is killing us.

The transition process needs to be explained more often, along with emphasis that he will stop the raiding of the SS funds.

bbachtung
01-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Check out my sig.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/social-security/

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 12:29 AM
All you had to see was an aol video I saw today of thousands of seniors at rally's for Huckabee and McCain in Florida.. And these seniors acted like they were 20 years old again they were so enthusiastic and passionate for them..

This scares me, because seniors look forward to voting.. And we are way behind in the seniors department,, Bush won 2 elections because of seniors.. Make no mistake about it. Saw what you want about the election being fixed.. But I lived in Florida at the time and everywhere I looked seniors were everywhere with Bush signs, Bumper stickers etc by the boatlad on any given day.. In a day I'd see thousands of these seniors around touting Bush.. Very VERY rarely did I see a senior for Gore

libertythor
01-22-2008, 12:32 AM
We can't rely on the college towns. Yes they help, but they don't win elections. An election is won by appealing to various people. The freedom message needs to be spread to all!

Idyil
01-22-2008, 12:44 AM
I think there is just way too much emphasis on the young voter/swing votes. Looking at past elections in history will show that the older voters are ultimately the ones that decide the election. In the case of this campaign, not having a majority of the older vote will still garnish Ron Paul a victory since he does have so many young voters. But, the campaign should switch its gears and actively seek the older voters, especially the 50+. Ron Paul should have no problem appealing to these voters since he is in their age group but a stronger effort should be made in the campaign.

jrich4rpaul
01-22-2008, 12:47 AM
People over 50 make up about 50% of voters. It's time we start getting a good message to them.

yongrel
01-22-2008, 12:48 AM
I was talking to a friend of mine about targetting older voters, and he cut me off and said,

"A scope does wonders."

Idyil
01-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Sure its awesome to get so many young voters but at the end of the election, its the oldies that will be playing on the radio.

Bryan
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Here's an example of a radio ad target for older voters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXBNi9aY2Y