PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul WILL be the next president

gracebkr
01-22-2008, 12:08 AM
I just hope everyone realizes Ron Paul is the next president. He is honest and makes good sense. Let's say McCain gets the republican nomination and Obama gets the democrat. Well they only will appeal to so many people all those others are not going to vote across party lines, they will go independent, the honest one, which will be Ron Paul. It is our job to bring the message to as many people as possible. I just know this is his election because I know it is OURS. We are going to do it. That's all, carry on.

JimInNY
01-22-2008, 12:09 AM
That's all, carry on.

Yes sir, three bags full sir!

tommy7154
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I hope you're right but I think that's the biggest problem...getting the message out. The MSM is doing everything they can to ignore Ron Paul. So basically most older folks who don't use the internet are never going to really know what he stands for.

I'm hoping Google or some such company announces some kind of major media buyout or a 24 hour news organization of some kind that would get more of the news from the internet. We'd hear about tech news/Apple and Ron Paul all day long. They could start off with a bang by doing a documentary on the brainwashing of the American public by the MSM.

And as long as i'm dreaming I'd like a trillion dollars and a pony...

SonicInfinity
01-22-2008, 12:47 AM
lol

dkim68
01-22-2008, 12:51 AM
I think an important part of turning a Hilary, Obama, McCain or Romney voter into a Ron Paul supporter is to educate them on who stands to lose if Paul is elected and how and why the MSM would distort the truth about Paul. Once they realize what's at stake, they'll wake up and see RP is the only logical choice. As for Huckabee, people need to know he'll tax us into oblivion as well as not having enough brains to run on his own platform. Huckabee supporters need to see how he tries to steal Paul's platform and will say anything to gain supporters.

HillbillyDan
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Yes indeed, we can do this!

jmarinara
01-22-2008, 01:03 AM
I just hope everyone realizes Ron Paul is the next president. He is honest and makes good sense. Let's say McCain gets the republican nomination and Obama gets the democrat. Well they only will appeal to so many people all those others are not going to vote across party lines, they will go independent, the honest one, which will be Ron Paul. It is our job to bring the message to as many people as possible. I just know this is his election because I know it is OURS. We are going to do it. That's all, carry on.

Less starry eyed optimism, more reality.

Ron Paul is scoring 8% - 10% on a consistent basis. He won't even become Dog catcher with those numbers.

Freedom is not popular. Deal with that fact and we'll go somewhere.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1036992#post1036992

BigRedBrent
01-22-2008, 01:12 AM
The older generations are almost completely brain washed by the major media corporations. To get them to wise up it would almost require them to be admitted to some sort of retraining facility. I keep trying to get my dad to stop being so constantly pessimistic but he is a lost cause. He watches nothing but what he is shown on TV and he does not even believe that Ron Paul is doing better then Guliani and Thompson unless he has seen it on TV.

The Machine
01-22-2008, 02:13 AM
The older generations are almost completely brain washed by the major media corporations. To get them to wise up it would almost require them to be admitted to some sort of retraining facility. I keep trying to get my dad to stop being so constantly pessimistic but he is a lost cause. He watches nothing but what he is shown on TV and he does not even believe that Ron Paul is doing better then Guliani and Thompson unless he has seen it on TV.

Excuse me, but I think your opening sentence should say "The tv generations". TV is nothing but bubble gum for the mind--no thinking required. This state of mind is not the exclusive condition of "older generations", as you put it. BTW, could you define what an older generation is to you?

My father is over 70 and my mother is late 60's; both are supporting and voting for Ron Paul. They both watch tv, but they also have the ability to think for themselves, even at their advandced age...imagine that!

Try not to stereo-type people into age groups. The simple truth is this--most people of any age are ignorant of politics and the mechanisms that make an economy work. Another problem, is the fact that, too many people like others to do their thinking for them. Our job is to work around the deficiencies of the American public.

BigRedBrent
01-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Try not to stereo-type people into age groups.

Well not all elderly but I do find a lot of pessimistic disenfranchised elderly individuals around my location.

humanic
01-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Excuse me, but I think your opening sentence should say "The tv generations". TV is nothing but bubble gum for the mind--no thinking required. This state of mind is not the exclusive condition of "older generations", as you put it. BTW, could you define what an older generation is to you?

My father is over 70 and my mother is late 60's; both are supporting and voting for Ron Paul. They both watch tv, but they also have the ability to think for themselves, even at their advandced age...imagine that!

Try not to stereo-type people into age groups. The simple truth is this--most people of any age are ignorant of politics and the mechanisms that make an economy work. Another problem, is the fact that, too many people like others to do their thinking for them. Our job is to work around the deficiencies of the American public.

Clearly you are right and none of us should stereotype individuals based on their age (or anything else). However, I don't think he was really doing that. He wasn't saying ALL individuals from "older generations" are brainwashed by the mainstream media, and obviously everyone here knows that there are Ron Paul supporters of all ages. However, I have to agree that on the whole, the average 68 year old is more dependent on the mainstream news outlets for their information, more trusting that the coverage is thorough and that the reality presented represents the mainstream thinking in America, and much more reluctant to believe otherwise than the average 28 year old. Again, this is looking at these generations on the whole, not looking at individuals. There are many completely brainwashed 28 year olds and many highly intelligent, well-informed, free-thinking 68 year olds.

I base this on personal experience mostly. But consider also:
- Ron Paul is the only reasonable choice for president given the realities of our current situation in America.
- If you can get people to simply look at the facts concerning the state of economy, the causes of our economic problems, the nature of our foreign policy (including CIA activity), the documented results of this policy ("blowback"), the documented assaults on our civil liberties, AND get them to listen to Ron Paul's message, an overwhelming amount of them become Ron Paul supporters. It is not a difference of educated opinions in most cases... many people simply do not pay attention and are surprised when presented with relevant facts.

A reasonable conclusion is that many of the people who do not support Ron Paul are simply not aware of the relevant facts that make it obvious that he is the only reasonable choice. If you look at the exit and entrance polls, RP usually gets 15-25% amongst 18-29 year olds, and single digits amongst the 60+ crowd. Does this mean all 60+ year olds are uninformed? NO WAY! Does this mean a higher percentage of 60+ year olds have not been properly exposed to Ron Paul's message and the relevant facts that make it so reasonable? Yes, I believe it does.

IOWA
17-29: 21%
60+: 8%

NEW HAMPSHIRE
18-24: 19%
65 and over: 3%

luvthedoc08
01-22-2008, 05:04 AM
good post above me, one more thing to think about is that if one truly looks at the causes for most if not all of societies ills today, one has to notice that these problems have been in the making for quite a long time.

Now if you're an old person and you are confronted with this information then it brings about some cognitive dissonance; you as the old person have basically 2 ways to go about assimilating this information, 1: you can ignore it and continue to think that the world you grew up in was A-OK (thinking that the Fed is our friend and the government needs an income tax, etc...), or 2: you can face up to the fact that you were duped and do something about it.

Now which one of these choices sounds easier? The flouridated water doesn't help much either.

humanic
01-22-2008, 05:52 AM
good post above me, one more thing to think about is that if one truly looks at the causes for most if not all of societies ills today, one has to notice that these problems have been in the making for quite a long time.

Now if you're an old person and you are confronted with this information then it brings about some cognitive dissonance; you as the old person have basically 2 ways to go about assimilating this information, 1: you can ignore it and continue to think that the world you grew up in was A-OK (thinking that the Fed is our friend and the government needs an income tax, etc...), or 2: you can face up to the fact that you were duped and do something about it.

Now which one of these choices sounds easier? The flouridated water doesn't help much either.

Yes, that's exactly right. Decades more time spent learning to accept a fraudulent paradigm means greater cognitive dissonance and a more difficult process of realigning your worldview.

Sadly you're right about the fluoride too.

dkim68
01-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Ron Paul WILL be the next president
I believe you...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/tescosuicide/ALa2/stuartsmalley.jpg

"Because he's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggoneit, people like him."

Derek Johnson
01-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Less starry eyed optimism, more reality.

Ron Paul is scoring 8% - 10% on a consistent basis. He won't even become Dog catcher with those numbers.

Freedom is not popular. Deal with that fact and we'll go somewhere.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1036992#post1036992

I trust you are canvassing your precinct every weekend?

I trust you are canvassing your local nursing homes and universities?

Ron's message is solid....

...are your efforts commensurate?

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 06:58 AM
If Ron Paul became president, under any scenario, it would clearly be the happiest most joyful day of my life..

I can then die in peace knowing America is in good hands and has a prosperous and peaceful future..

jmarinara
01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I trust you are canvassing your precinct every weekend?

I trust you are canvassing your local nursing homes and universities?

Ron's message is solid....

...are your efforts commensurate?

I am canvassing as much as my family (which comes first) circumstances will allow me.

I have not canvassed a nursing home, no. That is a good idea if I knew a way to get inside of them around here. I'm a Fed Ex driver so I know the procedures of a lot of them and there is tight security on most. No Jehovah's witnesses, no politics, heck they even give me problems from time to time and I have a delivery for a resident of theirs.

I'll put my mind to it and try to find a way in. Maybe I can write letters or something . . . . *thinking*

Merk
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I hope you're right but I think that's the biggest problem...getting the message out. The MSM is doing everything they can to ignore Ron Paul. So basically most older folks who don't use the internet are never going to really know what he stands for.

The lack of older folks access to alternative media is hurting us. My mom is 82 and my dad is 91. My dad is retired USAF and fought WWII-Vietnam. They are both huge Ron Paul supporters and I will not write the expletives my father uses to describe the "war on terror" and how poorly (or for that matter why) it has been run. I called them and spoke to them for the first time in a week or two and of course instantly started talking about Ron Paul. They seemed discouraged as they weren't seeing anything about him and assumed he was basically gone. They were stunned when I said he got second place in NV.:eek:

So there is that blackout for ya. Sorry but it is working on folks who are not online...

Point is... Older folks generally love Ron Paul when they understand what he is about. The problem is getting to them as they are, mostly, not on the net and don't have access to alternative media.

We need to go and actually talk to these folks.

Try and play the part and understand that these folks come from a very different America than where we live now. Dress nice, be polite, professional etc. My father has an aversion to folks who don't "keep themselves neat." It is a pretty high standard he and other folks of his generation have.

It seems in the stats lots of older folks vote but not for Dr. Paul. They will vote for Ron Paul if they can understand his platform. Approach them respectfully and professionally and you will get results. Remember, many of these folks lived through the depression and all one has to do is bring that up and the economy and Ron Paul's stance and bingo...

Get out and talk:D to the older folks and explain Ron Paul's platform.

The Machine
01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Well not all elderly but I do find a lot of pessimistic disenfranchised elderly individuals around my location.

Don't perceive what I said to you as a personal attack--I'm sorry if you did. I was just trying broaden the landscape of ignorance and complacency in our society.

I think tv, in general, has done more damage to peoples' minds than age has. Yes, it's true that most elderly folks get their information and base decisions on what is fed to them by the "tabloid" news. It is also a fact that these same people are the ones that show up religiously every election to vote.

In my personal experience, most folks under 30 don't want to really listen to economic theory and understand the impending crisis that our country is facing. They seem to be too involved in their own lives to realize the big picture and digress to an attitude of "there's nothing I can do--the government will figure it out". Trying to get these same people to the voting booth is another problem, since many feel that voting is a waste of time.

I have talked to and distributed info to these younger prospects and have found, through following up at a later time, that most haven't even read the materials given to them, nor visited the campaign website. When I asked why, I was told they didn't have the time or forgot about it--how pathetic. Maybe it is because I live in a poor, rural, relatively uneducated area.

As some stated earlier, the older folks aren't as tech savy as most; so it is our job to meet these people face-to-face and explain things on their terms. Believe me, the time and effort would be well spent. After recruiting my own mother, she has become a megaphone for Ron Paul; spreading the word throughout her church and organizations that she volunteers time to...networking, multi-level marketing, or whatever you want to call it.

Most veterans like myself and others before me, didn't serve our country to watch things evolve into tyranny. I am very inspired by the foresight, ambition, commitment, and patriotism of most younger supporters in this new American Revolution. Don't get despaired by the oldsters, many have served this country well--look at our own candidate--we just need to use a different strategy to get their vote. I hope this movement continues to grow after the election.

Bossobass
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
IOWA
17-29: 21%
60+: 8%

NEW HAMPSHIRE
18-24: 19%
65 and over: 3%

I think there is a bigger picture that's being missed. These numbers are misleading in that they don't show the appalling ignorance and apathy amongst young people in America.

Looking at SC, Ron did better amongst 18-29, but it didn't matter mostly because there was such a small number of them who voted, and of those, an even smaller number who voted for RP.

TOTAL........................................RP
18-29 10 2 35 - 28 7 12 15
30-44 23 4 37 0 23 3 12 21
45-59 32 2 29 0 32 5 16 16
60 + over 35 1 27 0 42 2 16 12

SC stats:

Male: 43%
Female: 57%

Male registered:..........992,439
Female registered:...1,251,494

18-24 registered: 215,949
25-44 registered: 737,737
45-64 registered: 843,088
65 and Older registered: 447,644

18-30 makes up 20% of the SC population, but only 1/2 of them are registered and only 7% of those registered voted for RP. Given that this age group is supposed to be the hipster internet group, it's a pretty dismal result.

Here's one reason why. From a 2006 survey:

Even though their country has been at war there for three years, six in 10 young American adults were unable to locate Iraq on a map of the world, a survey found.

One-third of respondents couldn't pinpoint Louisiana on a map and 48 percent were unable to locate Mississippi.

Six in 10 could not find Iraq on a map of the Middle East.

While the outsourcing of jobs to India has been a major U.S. business story, 47 percent could not find the Indian subcontinent on a map of Asia.

While Israeli-Palestinian strife has been in the news for the entire lives of the respondents, 75 percent were unable to locate Israel on a map of the Middle East.

Nearly three-quarters incorrectly named English as the most widely spoken native language.

Six in 10 did not know the border between North and South Korea is the most heavily fortified in the world. Thirty percent thought the most heavily fortified border was between the United States and Mexico.

These are the facts, cold and hard. We've neglected to find ways to reach the people who actually vote, based on information and motivations of self interest, which is the new American ideal.

We are sitting on 10,000 forum members right here. We have access to 100,000 volunteers. We have the internet to amass any statistics imaginable. We have Super Tuesday in 2 weeks. What will we do?

Yes, it's a huge problem that the media is united in it's effort to erase Ron from the news and push their chosen ones, regardless of the facts that it's easy as hell to look up the shortcomings of the so-called front runners. It's THE problem, as I see it. There is NO WAY national HQ can counter this problem. There isn't a person who can be fired and/ or a person who can be hired to change this situation.

I propose that we launch a map of the US with ST states highlighted. We should form groups who will get the numbers (State by state: RP donors by county, registered voters by county, income by county, Is the state a crossover state?, updated poll info,
rally/event proposals, order of importance of the issues, government contracts $$ by county and any other pertinent stats) that will show us who and where to target our efforts. I did a quick sample just to convey the idea:

http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%2010/SUPER%20TUESDAY.html

Numbers are what this is all about. They tell us BEFORE the election where we need to focus and through what medium.

We have access to every local newspaper in these states, We need a group to get the pricing and availability numbers for the counties we decide are the best shots for us to get votes in. We need to design and place smaller, affordable ads, every day until Feb 5.

I thought of an idea that might work. Since we have thousands of pics of average Americans posed with RP, we might be able to create local 'news' articles of them and get them placed for free as a local interest story. I did a quick sample using my nephew's photo:

http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%2011/voter%20meets.html

My good friend Ms D has data to be mined regarding the AARP crowd and how best to reach them. She can jump in and be more specific.

Many have done canvassing work and surely we have enough experience to get a scripted message with comebacks for objections that work. Nothing is worse than expending the effort and finding out after the fact that there was an easy way to have been more effective.

Lord Xar is excellent at collaboration and design of effective ads. He also has a great plan to launch a toll free issues information hotline with RP's voice,

We can organize canvassing efforts in all ST states much better with NUMBERS. No one person or tiny group of persons can do all of this in 14 days. We need to get into groups, each with a task, and get humping NOW.

Bradley is the DC insider with essential information about the mechanics of elections. He's a hugely unused talent because most here would rather focus on less important and revisions of past history.

We have the number one weapon in this campaign right now. It;s the ECONOMY, and only RP has a workable solution with real numbers. We need the data so that concise ads convey that for anyone who reads them. Buzzwords, catch phrases, not encyclopedic explanations..

Start a thread for each category of stats and ads and rallies and call-in and write-in brigades and every other category we know will have a cost effective effect and POLICE IT. Keep out all negative and off topic crap and stay focused.

Keep the OP of each thread edited to include all updated info so we don't have to surf a trillion pages.

We can raise the money, design the ads, pinpoint our areas of strength, attack our weak spots, jam door to door where it will matter most, create a time saving tour of rallies that traverse the important states, flood local areas with free and paid ads, organize a talk show call in campaign and cause an uptick in RP's campaign. It won't have to be a big uptick to make a major difference.

IOW, we need to be PROACTIVE instead of being lazy and REACTIVE. Otherwise, we'll get 8-10% and drift into history as a foot note.

Just some thoughts. LMK when you're ready to get some votes. I'm in 100%.

Bosso

The Machine
01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
We need the data so that concise ads convey that for anyone who reads them. Buzzwords, catch phrases, not encyclopedic explanations..

Start a thread for each category of stats and ads and rallies and call-in and write-in brigades and every other category we know will have a cost effective effect and POLICE IT. Keep out all negative and off topic crap and stay focused.

Keep the OP of each thread edited to include all updated info so we don't have to surf a trillion pages.

...design the ads

IOW, we need to be PROACTIVE instead of being lazy and REACTIVE. Otherwise, we'll get 8-10% and drift into history as a foot note.

Just some thoughts. LMK when you're ready to get some votes. I'm in 100%.

Bosso

I totally agree with your post. Facts and figures speak louder than words.

Do you know where a pdf version of a current newspaper ad idea is located? I have a friend who publishes the local paper in my area and would like to get something to him. I know about the one that ran in USA Today, but I am looking for something fresher, reflecting current economic status. If nothing exists at this time, please shoot me an email if anything becomes available.

I will throw something together if need be, but right now I am time-crunched with obligations as a delegate in my state's upcoming GOP Convention; canvassing as a precinct leader; producing a radio show; and presenting a workshop at an upcomming event. I know there has to be other folks out there with the time and talent to compose a newspaper ad...I just need to find them.

Bass player? Doesn't get much hipper than that!

RonPaulFTW08
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
At least he's not this guy..
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii168/AuH20/Judysheadache.jpg

Carole
01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Independents also will not vote for McCain in great numbers.

The "maverick" thing is just a myth and the "100, even 1000 years" in Iraq is not going to fly.

Each time he appears in a debate, he shows himself to be a jerk also.

I believ Repubs would have to back Paul, Independents are more likely to back Paul, Libertarians should back him, and if against Hillary, we should win. Against Obama we should win.

People will surely begin to see through McCain's act soon and he will be broke. Romney is a different matter, but I am waiting to see if he gets any support in the south, I think not.

Carole
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Newspapaer ads for older folks (older than me anyway-:))

Radio ads and personal visits and canvassing. Talk to older folks in groups at retirement homes and take some questions. Maybe leave them something they will see every day. A Ron Paul coaster? Cup cozy? Place mat? Something like that.

KevinDW78
01-23-2008, 07:18 AM
We may be lucky enough to get some of the independant voters on Dr. Paul's on war policy, but unfortunately, there are still way too many people in this country who believe in the nanny state and believe whole-heartedly that the federal government is responsible for solving all the problems in their lives.