PDA

View Full Version : People. get a grip. It does NOT MATTER that they are out of money

Lord Xar
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Listen.

It does not matter that the Huck/the Ghoul etc.. are out of money.

You all forget that they ALL get a TON of publicity for free from the MEDIA. EVERYDAY I see the Huck/Romeny/Ghoul/McCain on the front page of something or another.... For every 5million Ron has, the others get that for free - via MSM coverage.

Ron has to pay for EVERY SECOND HE IS ON T.V. ---- THE OTHERS DO NOT!!!

You all remember that. Complacenty will kill us. We need MIllions and Millions because we have to buy Ron's Branding - the media gives it to free, for everyone else.

Redmenace
01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
If they are broke that means they will be more likely to drop out of the race, which means more potential voters for us and more air time in debates for the message to be spread. It also would mean that the MSM would have less candidates to cover and more likely hood that we would actually get some press time.

Mark
01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
I was thinking the same thing today. Rudy was all over the news. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have any money.

It's like one big Rudy commercial 24/7. Except when they fit the other ones in. This country is a joke. The media's destroyed it.

Eric23
01-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Yea, pretty much.

liberty_Forever
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Exactly. The media gives these other candidates MILLIONS in free publicity.

At the same time they have basically banned the words "Ron Paul" from their networks completely.

We need to keep building our movement. We need to exchange cell phone numbers, coordinate with our meetup groups, broaden our contacts as much as possible. We need a robust network which can withstand the uncertainty and turmoil the future will bring.

DeafPalmdale
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, if Rudy, Thompson, and Huckabee out of picture, the media would be focusing more on Romney and McCain and leaving Ron Paul out. I wouldn't be surprised.

firebirdnation
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Its disgusting how much free publicity those neocons get from the MSM. If they gave RP a fair shake, he would have this one in the bag.

Kotin
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
i think all of these guys are in, and will stay in to further dilute and filter RP..

they were all selected to make sure they grabbed all attention!!

Fields
01-22-2008, 12:02 AM
It just helps that they are. That's the only reason anyone posts about them.

TruePatriot44
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
It certainly does help that they are out of money. It means less campaign stops. It also means less traditional television advertisements. It also is bad publicity for the news to say your broke and running on fumes.

Joe3113
01-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Great that you are all finally GETTING IT.

THEY WON'T DROP OUT!!!!!!

driller80545
01-22-2008, 12:07 AM
I have never seen the time that running out of money could slow down a politician.

Jobarra
01-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Don't forget that that professional campaign staff doesn't work for free. I imagine when Ed Rollins says "We're broke, I can't work for you anymore" then Huckabee will have to face facts. Huck and Fred are essentially taking our voters I think. I could not see Huck or Fred guys going with McCain, Rudy, or Romney. Too bad Huck probably won't be dropping out by Feb 5th. He's really hurting us :/

AdamT
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Aside from perhaps Thompson, no one is going to drop out until after Feb. 5th. and probably not even then. I would be willing to bet all these clowns will ride their MSM created name recognition right through until the end.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Don't forget that that professional campaign staff doesn't work for free. I imagine when Ed Rollins says "We're broke, I can't work for you anymore" then Huckabee will have to face facts. Huck and Fred are essentially taking our voters I think. I could not see Huck or Fred guys going with McCain, Rudy, or Romney. Too bad Huck probably won't be dropping out by Feb 5th. He's really hurting us :/

I've convinced two Thompson supporters using Paul's stances on Social Security, the stock market, and free trade. They are about to come around on his foreign policy stance. I use Reagan's 1964 speech endorsing Barry Goldwater A Time for Choosing (http://www.millercenter.virginia.edu/scripps/digitalarchive/speeches/spe_1964_1027_reagan)and Reagan's 1980 nomination speech (http://www.millercenter.virginia.edu/scripps/digitalarchive/speeches/spe_1980_0717_reagan).

Convincing those supporters that Ron Paul is more like Reagan than Reagan actually was, takes a lot of effort, but they do start to come around by realizing what we're doing in the ME is appeasement. There is no win. There is only war or surrender.

MalcolmGandi
01-22-2008, 12:24 AM
the longer they all stay in, the better chance we have.

Detonator
Who pays for their staffers, bus, plane, chips & dip? Not the media. No money will make things difficult for them.

specsaregood
Listen.

It does not matter that the Huck/the Ghoul etc.. are out of money.

You all forget that they ALL get a TON of publicity for free from the MEDIA. EVERYDAY I see the Huck/Romeny/Ghoul/McCain on the front page of something or another.... For every 5million Ron has, the others get that for free - via MSM coverage.

Ron has to pay for EVERY SECOND HE IS ON T.V. ---- THE OTHERS DO NOT!!!

You all remember that. Complacenty will kill us. We need MIllions and Millions because we have to buy Ron's Branding - the media gives it to free, for everyone else.

Except for this little gem I discovered due to a link to Huck's forum:

Breaking Non Debate News: Huckabus Goes Bust
Per Mike Huckabee's campaign, the pool of traveling press following the governor will no longer be provided with transportation.

Beginning tomorrow, the campaign will not coordinate bus or plane charters for members of the media from event to event.

The campaign says that transportation was important for primary states but that now they are "scaling back a bit."

(NBC/NJ's CARRIE DANN)

So The Huck campaign was paying transportation for reporters to follow him around. Will they still do so, now that it is on their own dime? :)

Jobarra
01-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Except for this little gem I discovered due to a link to Huck's forum:

So The Huck campaign was paying transportation for reporters to follow him around. Will they still do so, now that it is on their own dime? :)
Man, I'm wondering if Dr. Paul should give that same offer. Romney does the same thing(if you see the Glen Johnson scuffle with Romney and listen, it sounds like the reporters fly around on Romney's plane with him.)

jarofclay
01-22-2008, 12:31 AM
I think we should say that Ron Paul is out of money. And everyone in the main stream media will be like ' Hah! Look!! Ron Paul fails!! Hahah' and then we will be like PSYCH! and bust out some new moves.

Wow I'm caffeinated.

specsaregood
01-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Man, I'm wondering if Dr. Paul should give that same offer. Romney does the same thing(if you see the Glen Johnson scuffle with Romney and listen, it sounds like the reporters fly around on Romney's plane with him.)

Maybe he will? Wait for the other guys to go broke, then put the offer out for the last minute SURGE BEFORE Super Tuesday? That could work.

VRP08
01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Sadly, yes.

rmholla
01-22-2008, 12:37 AM
The other candidates do get tons of mainstream press but many people don't watch the news or tune into the national media.

Remember that "all politics is local" which is why Ron Paul is the true grassroots campaign guy. It is individuals giving their time and effort who are his greatest asset.

Waving signs locally will convert more people than you think. There are many things we can do to help Ron Paul win. We don't really need the national news media.

It would be nice to get more national air time but we haven't gotten it so far and look how much we have accomplished!!!

-

Rhys
01-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Right now, Rudy is the ONLY one who even needs to think about dropping out. Fred is gaining steam, Huck is doing just fine getting delegates, Mittens and McCain are doing fine.

No one, even Rudy, has any reason to drop out any time before Feb. 5. Like you say, the media is giving Rudy his chance in FLA. Dunno why, but they do create the impression he has a chance to make some big come back. They've even convinced me it's possible.

So basicly, yeah, the original post is dead nutz.

EDIT: If you're still waving signs, I think you're way behind the curve. voters.ronpaul2008.com

gjdavis60
01-22-2008, 12:54 AM
I think it does matter. Campaigns run on money. No money equals little or no campaigning and little to no MSM air time. If you want to know how a candidate performs without spending money just take a look at Giuliani in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina. May they all go broke!

liberty_Forever
01-22-2008, 12:57 AM
These are all good points guys, I agree. The other campaigns are much less versatile without money.

jj111
01-22-2008, 01:09 AM
I think it does matter. Campaigns run on money. No money equals little or no campaigning and little to no MSM air time. If you want to know how a candidate performs without spending money just take a look at Giuliani in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina. May they all go broke!

It does matter, but it does not matter 100%.
Huckabee had almost no money before the MSM suddenly catapulted him to star status, and gave him hundreds of millions of dollars of free publicity.

McCain was dead broke for months, before the MSM suddenly catapulted him to star status, and gave him hundreds of millions of dollars of free publicity.

The MSM is very powerful. Look at what propaganda through mass media did for Hitler.... Propaganda works, at least in the short term.

Unfortunately, we have a corrupt government, a corrupt media cartel, and an apathetic and ignorant population.

At least this campaign the biggest promotion of liberty that this country has seen in more than a generation. We are doing some good work, we are waking up hundreds of thousands if not millions of people, but the fight for freedom is being waged against formidable opponents, at least for the moment they are formidable.

If we have a serious dollar / stock market collapse, maybe the slumbering population will start waking up a little more quickly. I at least hope so.

syborius
01-22-2008, 01:19 AM
If they are broke that means they will be more likely to drop out of the race, which means more potential voters for us and more air time in debates for the message to be spread. It also would mean that the MSM would have less candidates to cover and more likely hood that we would actually get some press time.

establishment chosen will never go broke.....

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Its disgusting how much free publicity those neocons get from the MSM. If they gave RP a fair shake, he would have this one in the bag.

That's exactly why the MSM has blacklisted Paul.. Ron is a threat to the establishment and they want nothing to do with him.. War makes the Elite super rich.. And the elite intend to keep it that way

Rhys
01-22-2008, 01:37 AM
I think you guys would like this:

http://www.peterwerbe.com/

he's a radio DJ on THE top rock station in Detroit Rock City. He hosts a show about hating the Man. He's kinda commie, but still, I've listened to him for years. I've almost never agreed with him on anything accept his distaste for the system, but he's cool. Smart. Digs into stuff pretty deep.