PDA

View Full Version : An idea to replace a money bomb.

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Money bombs work because there is a common goal. It is why the campaign was able to raise money with fill the quill.

Since the campaign doesn't want to setup their own "weekly money bomb" like they did before. Why don't we do it? We need to set a goal, the end date is February 5th at midnight. This way we can start getting results now as opposed to later.

We would need a flash script similar to the old fill the quill ones that measures how much is donated. Also we need a theme to motivate people.

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Bump.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I think the campaign needs to do another 'Fill the Quill/Radio Tower' type event. Have it lead up to Super Tuesday.

The campaign should set up a goal, and have us try to reach it by Super Tuesday.

That's how I think we should do it. That way, there is no holding out. It's a buildup. A goal we have to meet, like 'Fill the Quill'.

jrich4rpaul
01-21-2008, 11:51 PM
If HQ checks these forums, I hope they check this thread. Because a weekly goal thermometer is really what we need.

Or even better, they need to tell us when they need the money by for ads in each state!

firebirdnation
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
I agree, excellent idea!

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
I think the campaign needs to do another 'Fill the Quill/Radio Tower' type event. Have it lead up to Super Tuesday.

The campaign should set up a goal, and have us try to reach it by Super Tuesday.

That's how I think we should do it. That way, there is no holding out. It's a buildup. A goal we have to meet, like 'Fill the Quill'.

You want to rely on the campaign? and if the campaign doesn't do anything? I suggested this weeks ago to them and they completely ignored me.

Eric23
01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
There's already a weekly money bomb set up to coincide with when everyone usually gets paid.

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
There's already a weekly money bomb set up to coincide with when everyone usually gets paid.

This isn't a 'weekly money bomb'. Weekly money bombs don't work, period. There is not enough time to advertise them. This would be a goal that we need to reach by February 5th with a thermometer to measure our goal. Instead of advertising the website for the money bomb, we advertise the goal.

jrich4rpaul
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com and www.ronpaulspayday.com have been trying to get weekly donations for months. I don't see how these ideas aren't catching on

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
This isn't a 'weekly money bomb'. Weekly money bombs don't work, period. There is not enough time to advertise them. This would be a goal that we need to reach by February 5th with a thermometer to measure our goal. Instead of advertising the website for the money bomb, we advertise the goal.

Exactly. I think this is critical. HQ really needs to consider this, and put something together on ronpaul2008.com

literatim
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM
www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com and www.ronpaulspayday.com have been trying to get weekly donations for months. I don't see how these ideas aren't catching on

Because you don't understand marketing?

They should have a counter goal set for $500,000 or 1 million per week.

Doable you think?

The campaign should do lots of things, but they don't. So you can't depend on them to do it.

Eric21ND
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM

Doable you think?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM

Doable you think?

Very doable.

I think they should do it by donor count again. But that just me. Either way, the Official Campaign needs to set something up on ronpaul2008.com and have a goal set by Super Tuesday.

HQ Needs to look at this.

literatim
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Very doable.

I think they should do it by donor count again. But that just me. Either way, the Official Campaign needs to set something up on ronpaul2008.com and have a goal set by Super Tuesday.

HQ Needs to look at this.

HQ does not read these forums so such talk is worthless. Want them to do something? Call them. 703-248-9115 Odds are they won't do a damn thing so we need to talk about what we can do.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
HQ does not read these forums so such talk is worthless. Want them to do something? Call them. 703-248-9115 Odds are they won't do a damn thing so we need to talk about what we can do.

Ok. Maybe you have a point. So what can WE do about this?

literatim
01-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Ok. Maybe you have a point. So what can WE do about this?

Just what I posted in my OP.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Just what I posted in my OP.

Ok, I like it. I have no expierence in building webpages, so I can't set it up, but we have to think of goals and a theme. 50,000 unique donors to the campaign in two weeks? Or another 2.5Million in two weeks? What theme could we use?

mdevour
01-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Literatim,

A couple things to keep in mind...

It's really late to label any money raised now as going toward Super Tuesday. If the money isn't spent by now, it'd be hell tryiing to use it effectively with under 2 weeks of lead-time. The opportunity to fund Super Tuesday is past, I'm afraid.

What we can and should do, instead, is use fundraising to generate enthusiasm and show confidence in our candidate and intense focus within this grassroots campaign. The campaign needs to know they can depend on us, and the world needs to see that we're building momentum.

We want to head into Super Tuesday with the impression of a powerful engine winding up... Media voice: "Despite his modest results to date Ron Paul's supporters continue to raise money for his campaign...(blah blah, etc.)"

We should still link the push to Super Tuesday, but in the sense of making sure there's building excitement for people to see as they're making up their minds before they vote. They should see us already raising money for the next phase of the race.

Today's Monday. Can we think of a way to get folks to give another half million by Friday, then boost that to another half-million by Sunday? Modest goals over short time-frames, but accelerating...

I like your concept, Literatim. It's what we need to be doing.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

literatim
01-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Literatim,

A couple things to keep in mind...

It's really late to label any money raised now as going toward Super Tuesday. If the money isn't spent by now, it'd be hell tryiing to use it effectively with under 2 weeks of lead-time. The opportunity to fund Super Tuesday is past, I'm afraid.

What we can and should do, instead, is use fundraising to generate enthusiasm and show confidence in our candidate and intense focus within this grassroots campaign. The campaign needs to know they can depend on us, and the world needs to see that we're building momentum.

We want to head into Super Tuesday with the impression of a powerful engine winding up... Media voice: "Despite his modest results to date Ron Paul's supporters continue to raise money for his campaign...(blah blah, etc.)"

We should still link the push to Super Tuesday, but in the sense of making sure there's building excitement for people to see as they're making up their minds before they vote. They should see us already raising money for the next phase of the race.

Today's Monday. Can we think of a way to get folks to give another half million by Friday, then boost that to another half-million by Sunday? Modest goals over short time-frames, but accelerating...

I like your concept, Literatim. It's what we need to be doing.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

We aren't really raising for Super Tuesday. We have 6 months of primaries ahead of is. But we also can't discount that money donated now can be used in some form before Super Tuesday.

RonRules
01-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Money bombs have to be serendipitous. A weekly money bomb won't work. You need an idea, a theme to motivate people.

I would prefer to time the money bombs the day before the next main primaries, Feb 4, before Super Tuesday would be very effective.

sharpsteve2003
01-22-2008, 02:27 AM

Doable you think?

Very doable. All you need is 100,000 to donate 10 bucks each. make it 15 for 1.5 mil or 20 for 2 mil.

sharpsteve2003
01-22-2008, 02:32 AM
It would maybe help also to send a thank you email without asking for another 23 mil like they did after the Dec 16th bomb. A thank you email with no donaton request just
the thank you. then after a couple days they could send out an email to ask for more.

misericordia
01-22-2008, 02:40 AM
TALK RADIO BOMB all day tomorrow, call in. tell the 200 million old folks why the economy tanked. Tell them DOCTOR PAUL can DELIVER them/us. They get up early, and listen till after lunch nap time. start callin!

first convert, then canvass!

ronpaul4pres
01-22-2008, 02:41 AM
You need an idea, a theme to motivate people.

I like the idea of Freedom Fridays. For instance, a lot of people still love going out to the movies every week, but it seems more and more stuff coming from Hollywood is trash and there to keep the sheeple entertained. So, you can sell the idea of taking the $10 for the movie (and $$$ in gas) and put it towards a donation to Ron Paul. The same goes for other activities as well.

Trevor did the Nov 5th thing. The grassroots "only" met 40% of goal. By that measurement it was a "failure." So, my point to literatim is to just do it and not fear "failure." There are a number of us who will support you.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Money bombs work because there is a common goal. It is why the campaign was able to raise money with fill the quill.

Since the campaign doesn't want to setup their own "weekly money bomb" like they did before. Why don't we do it? We need to set a goal, the end date is February 5th at midnight. This way we can start getting results now as opposed to later.

We would need a flash script similar to the old fill the quill ones that measures how much is donated. Also we need a theme to motivate people.

www.ronpaulspayday.com . Weekly check to Ron Paul. Weekly donations every friday. This idea has been around on the forums for a long time, but only a few hundred people are doing it. I can't participate anymore because I maxed out yesterday. If people get behind the idea of ronpaulspayday.com, the campaign will be full of cash soon enough.

DFF
01-22-2008, 02:56 AM

I like the weekly payday concept. The novelty of the "money bomb" is obviously slipping; and we need another strategy in double quick time. I think this is it.

pacelli
01-22-2008, 02:56 AM
If HQ checks these forums, I hope they check this thread. Because a weekly goal thermometer is really what we need.

That is a great idea! Lets post this on the grassroots blog on the campaign website.

DFF
01-22-2008, 03:08 AM
People like the idea of getting together on a single day and giving RP money.

It's like a big party.

This is why I say a weekly payday is superior to the quill.

We can "party with Ron" every single Friday till' the general election -- and we will all have the money to do it.