PDA

View Full Version : This may not be a popular time...especially from an outsider.

RPsupporterAtHeart
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Today was a great success and I don't wanna seem like I'm pushing a new money bomb so quickly after this one just ended. But there are some thoughts flying around my head I need to type out here. Also, when I say outsider, I mean Canadian looking from the outside in. I really don't think I have ever paid so much attention to a situation not involving my own country. Ron Paul deserves it though, and you people deserve all the support you can get. I knew the media was always a little corrupt and biased, but would never in my life have imagined just how controlled everything really is if it hadn't been for this campaign.

Now, I know on a couple of occasions I have mentioned that the grassroots really needed to organize itself and take itself to the next level, otherwise people and the message would run off in different directions and a lot of things would not be as big as they could have been. The TEA PARTY was just an example of what a truly organized group of people with an organized message can really do.

I know there will be another money bomb coming at some point as some threads have already started. I just wanted to recommend a few points for the next one.

1. Everyone needs to get in line from the beginning. If you need to, take a grassroots honoured poll with a few ideas, and then everyone get behind it. Don't run with multiple ideas that don't really build any steam until the end. Tea Party was a great example of this a real all-in-one effort.

2. I would SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND not choosing another historical date to base the bomb off of. The reason for that, is because you have already done that to great accomplishment in honour of those historical dates. More importantly though is the fact that you are trying to make your own history here, and you should symbolize that with your OWN special day.

3. If you do that and choose a name, step away from a lot of the current slogans in use.
rEVOLution was and is great, but many don't understand it, and it may scare some people off with the word. "Money bomb" was great, but on the same token this needs to be taken to the next level as well, something more sophisticated, something that feels like a greater purpose.

Other ideas would be to strategically incorporate his name into it. Incorporate popular words like America or Freedom, to expand interest and search ability and blast that sucker to the top of every search engine known to man kind.

Perhaps take on a theme of the troops and bringing them home. Or an economic theme.

4. Advertisement on the web is great. But in a lot of areas the message is just getting circulated around the same areas of people. But still, leave no stone untouched. Buy cheap add space on popular websites to expand the message past just email and youtube.

5. On the other side of the web a large effort needs to be undertaken to move this beyond just the internet. There are thousands of RP supporters that probably never know this is going on, or hear about it too late. He has over 100k voters in the first few primaries, which speaks miles about the possibilities of millions around the country. If there is any way of finding out who these people are a strategy should be undertaken to reach them.

Develop a network of fliers or newspaper ads and target areas with a large concentration of RP support. Sometimes it takes money to make money. For those people who are still wanting to donate money and help the campaign but can't because they are maxed out, chipin together a few thousand to have simple mailers placed in the paper of those areas.

6. Do what you guys are good at. And that is thinking outside the box. Right now it seems as though a lot of people are exhausted or overwhelmed or discouraged and the RP community is at the limit. To get RP recognized and donations flowing people thought outside the box. The first money bombs, the blimp, chipins for canvassing and personally bought magazine/radio and professionally done tv ads.

My theory is that the outside the box thinking may have gotten stuck inside another box. All it needs is another push and a whole new world of fighting can be done, but it needs to be done rather quickly.

7. Give the next one a bigger window in between this one. Allow people to recharge and the message to be spread even more. Super Tuesday is set and nothing can be done about that, but the battle will continue long past that so there is some time.

I have a thought, and it is probably very far fetched, but I need to mention it.

Perhaps if Ron does well enough on Super Tuesday and he was strongly enough convinced in Rons message Howard Stern could be convinced into hosting the next donation day on his show, or at least drop some promotional hints, and play some of the Ron Paul songs that have been created. Have some of Ron Pauls supporters and endorsers on to make audio appearances with a message. Honestly, if you guys can get a blimp into the air for over a month, a live streaming Ron Paul radio station, the largest donation day in the history of American politics and early primary victories over every other major candidate sans Romney, anything is within reach.

I know I'm rambling, but maybe something good can be taken from this by a person more organized and smarter than I.