PDA

View Full Version : uhh...so maybe the GOP should acknowledge us now?

acroso
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Look at this...just look at this...those are the people who will be precinct captains at the GOP convention... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/twane217/Meet-UpGroupsCompared.gif)

I mean in Louisiana half the delegates must vote for the winner but half are uncommitted so even the winner will be represented by Paulites. So Paulites might have to Vote Romney at the GOP convention next Paul....but they are still going to be there booing if we lose. So what do we do...go to the convention and throw stuff at McCentury when he talks about HONOR, Death, and fighting the Global war of terror!

Maybe the GOP is just to stuck on stupid to figure this out?

demidog
01-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Look at this...just look at this...those are the people who will be precinct captains at the GOP convention... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/twane217/Meet-UpGroupsCompared.gif)

Maybe the GOP is just to stuck on stupid to figure this out?

Perhaps. But keep in mind that like a jury, the delegates absolutely do not have to vote the way they're "committed".

You can seek to influence them, you can seek to get elected as a delegate and you can CHANGE YOUR MIND before the national convention and there's nothing anyone can do about this.

This is how we're going to get the man the nomination and it always was the way. It is the media who doesn't know about this because they want people as ignorant as possible wrt party politics.

Know the rules in your state. Become a delegate. Go to the county and state conventions. Get Ron Paul elected.

The idea that any of these delegates are "committed" is preposterous. They're human and there's only one Republican Candidate who has the answers to the mess we're in.

Syragop45
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/pres/

acroso
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
You don't know what you're talking about..
Wrong in Louisiana...half the delegates ARE committed. It's a state to state basis........

But guess what...the RP people are running as delegates even if they have to represent Flompney!

See delegates are elected tomorrow...the primary is later on.

specsaregood
01-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Wrong in Louisiana...half the delegates ARE committed. It's a state to state basis........

BUT that half are only committed if a single candidate gets 50%+ in the primary. Which is unlikely. If nobody gets 50%+ then all the delegates are UNcommitted.

acroso
01-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Nope, If winner takes 50%, then all are committed.

If no one takes 50%...

26 are committed and I think 20 are uncommitted...or something in that proportion...but the RP people are free to run as committed delegates tomorrow..I believe.

As long as we are at the convention in force for a large anti-occupation\nation-building rally, we'll be happy.

thelastpatriot
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
People that only means we are doing a terrible job and letting the good doctor down. No the neocons dont want Ron Paul to win... So we to make them grudgingly accept.

specsaregood
01-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Nope, If winner takes 50%, then all are committed.

If no one takes 50%...

26 are committed and I think 20 are uncommitted...or something in that proportion...but the RP people are free to run as committed delegates tomorrow..I believe.

Either you are wrong or this LA paper is wrong:
http://www.bestofneworleans.com/dispatch/2008-01-22/news_feat2.php

To make things even more obtuse, all of Louisiana's national convention delegates will be 'uncommitted" unless one of the GOP candidates receives 50 percent of the vote or more in Louisiana's presidential primary on Feb. 9. And even if that happens, which is not expected, only 20 of Louisiana's 47 delegates will be assigned to that candidate " for the first round of balloting at the national convention. Jason Dore, a spokesperson for the Louisiana Republican Party, admitted that the 'convoluted" process may have discouraged candidates, but there have still been some interesting plays.

demidog
01-22-2008, 12:08 AM

But guess what...the RP people are running as delegates even if they have to represent Flompney!

See delegates are elected tomorrow...the primary is later on.

Nobody is legally bound to vote for anyone at the national convention. Committed Schmitted. It's our party.

gracebkr
01-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Perhaps. But keep in mind that like a jury, the delegates absolutely do not have to vote the way they're "committed".

You can seek to influence them, you can seek to get elected as a delegate and you can CHANGE YOUR MIND before the national convention and there's nothing anyone can do about this.

This is how we're going to get the man the nomination and it always was the way. It is the media who doesn't know about this because they want people as ignorant as possible wrt party politics.

Know the rules in your state. Become a delegate. Go to the county and state conventions. Get Ron Paul elected.

The idea that any of these delegates are "committed" is preposterous. They're human and there's only one Republican Candidate who has the answers to the mess we're in.

Um, what type of delegate? State, county, national and what does each purpose serve. I will be picking up paperwork for it on Wednesday, but I don't know which one is the most crucial or what the purpose of each is.

gocubsgo
01-22-2008, 01:29 AM
If i'm correct, even if a delegate is technically bound to vote for a candidate they don't have to. If they don't they are subjected to either civil or criminal prosecution. I believe that's how it works in the electoral college and I would assume the same at the convention level. Can anyone tell me different?

acroso
01-22-2008, 01:31 AM
uhh, well there is that article someone posted from LA where I guess they are uncommitted unless the 50% thresh hold is reached.

We could always attend, booo, throw stuff at McCain (not actually hit him just make a problem) and then leave when they require us to vote for McCain.

Maybe fly the blimp over the convention?

sharpsteve2003
01-22-2008, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=acroso;1036177]Look at this...just look at this...those are the people who will be precinct captains at the GOP convention... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/twane217/Meet-UpGroupsCompared.gif)

I think people are getting Precinct Captain (or Leader) confused with delegates. Delegates go to the Convention. Precinct Captains do canvassing of their Precinct hopefully before the Primaries, but also following up until the General in NOV. Precinct leaders are looking for votes for Paul. Delegates cast votes at the convention. Of course that does not mean you can't do both. But I keep seeing these kind of post and I beginning to think that is why we have not gotten more Precinct Leaders. We need 180,000 to cover every precinct in the country. We have as of this post 9798. And yes we need people to become delegates also.

Anyways thats my 2 cents.

jmarinara
01-22-2008, 01:56 AM
You know the best way to put this all to rest would be to make sure that Ron Paul wins LA.