PDA

View Full Version : Get Rappers to Endorse Ron Paul?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Rappers should be falling over themselves to endorse Ron.

Just tell them, "No wars, all drug offenders released from jail, no taxes, and legal weed." It's a done deal!

That probably goes for rock stars too!

Shak
01-21-2008, 11:40 PM
It would be awesome if we can get some artists to do that.

I remember Eminem once did a song against Bush in 2004. Just found the video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLMVQa0KD8

hueylong
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Please. No rappers. We're trying to win Republican votes.

yongrel
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
But i thought that all of the rappers were gonna support Mitt "Notorious GOP" Romney?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/who-let-mitt-romney-out/

Redmenace
01-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't think anyone cares what rappers think about politics. Even if they do endorse us it won't have any effect.

Fields
01-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't let Wayne Hammond see this thread...

firebirdnation
01-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Please. No rappers. We're trying to win Republican votes.

Good point!

yongrel
01-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Don't let Wayne Hammond see this thread...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

smartguy911
01-22-2008, 12:17 AM
we need Chamillionaire to make a song about the REVOLUTION

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQlgJQgoytk

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 12:17 AM
But i thought that all of the rappers were gonna support Mitt "Notorious GOP" Romney?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/who-let-mitt-romney-out/

Lol, Notorious G.O.P. :D

Paulitical Correctness
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Rappers will support Kucinich because his wife is redheaded.

Brotha's like redheads, undoubtedly. (And who can blame them?)

defcreative
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
That would totally turn away the older demographic which we need to get on board.

Enzo
01-22-2008, 12:23 AM
We need to get anyone and everyone to endorse Ron Paul.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 12:27 AM
That would totally turn away the older demographic which we need to get on board.

How would the older demographic even learn about it?? :)

tarabyte
01-22-2008, 12:28 AM
we need Chamillionaire to make a song about the REVOLUTION

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQlgJQgoytk

Thanks for the link, Chamillionaire knows what's up.

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Maybe 2pac will come back from the dead and endorse Dr. Paul...:D

nodope0695
01-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Rappers will support Kucinich because his wife is redheaded.

Brotha's like redheads, undoubtedly. (And who can blame them?)

I'm a white boy, and I LOVE readheads....

Move
01-22-2008, 12:44 AM
I actually thought Eminem would be the right one to go to about promoting Ron Paul. Listen to the songs 'Mosh' and 'We as Americans'. I was actually wondering whether or not someone could create a professional looking Ron Paul video with one of those songs playing. I saw the one thats been attempted with 'Mosh', but I think it could be done much better.

Eminem is a very influential person in rap. With all the time he's spent away from it, listeners have been craving for him for a while now, and once he decides to come forward and speak, or rap, a lot of people will be listening.

With the following, and influence that he has, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Music, more specifically, meaningful/purposeful music just doesn't seem to get the credit it deserves. Although it may not force anyone to go vote Ron Paul, it'd give a whole lot of people a reason to give some more thought to it.

We're all doing what we can. I just don't think it'd be a bad idea to have someone who was that influential to to those who followed the occurrences in their particular industry.

Greenskin
01-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Crank dat Ron Paul

Idyil
01-22-2008, 12:50 AM
I think a lot of celebraties try not to get entangled too deep into politics. They are afraid it might ruin their image. In the case of Ron Paul, most "artists" these days are mostly depending on their image to sell records not their skill.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
I think a lot of celebraties try not to get entangled too deep into politics. They are afraid it might ruin their image. In the case of Ron Paul, most "artists" these days are mostly depending on their image to sell records not their skill.

I don't think rappers care about all that. Just tell them Ron will legalize weed and remove the IRS and it's a done deal. :cool:

Idyil
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't think rappers care about all that. Just tell them Ron will legalize weed and remove the IRS and it's a done deal. :cool:

Unless they are more educated rappers like Will Smith, I think money/image is all they care about. With enough money, they make their own freedom. Rapping about an old guy running for president would probably ruin their career.

Move
01-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Mos Def
Immortal Technique
Eminem

Wouldn't be a bad 3. Mos Def is known for his hip hop, more knowledgeable and conscious rap ability. Immortal Technique is known for his political rapping. Eminem...well, you all know Eminem.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Unless they are more educated rappers like Will Smith, I think money/image is all they care about. With enough money, they make their own freedom. Rapping about an old guy running for president would probably ruin their career.

Lol, I'm not saying they have to write a rap about him. Just an endorsement.

Look, if you're Dr Dre or Snoop or 50 Cent or Mike Jones or Paul Wall, and you get a check from your label for 1 million dollars, how pissed off are they to have to hand over $400,000 of it to Uncle Sam?

That's why you tell them, "No income tax, and legal weed." Done deal. :D

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Immortal Technique

Immortal Technique is a 911 truther, I think. :D

tarabyte
01-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Maybe 2pac will come back from the dead and endorse Dr. Paul...:D

Maybe Elvis will too, LMAO :p

InLoveWithRon
01-22-2008, 01:10 AM
There are already rappers singin for Ron Paul.. Watch this and listen to the lyrics.. It's AWESOME, and Hilarious !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCRc2ub8hU

I don't like rap, but I find myself singing this song all the time.. I memorized the words.. LOL

dima7b
01-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I think celebrities should endorse no matter what...especially now. If they are worried about their image...then they'll be nothing to worry about when the world's economy goes tank ;)

misericordia
01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I need a glass of water, need to talk to your daughter
she has to be told,
that bein stranger is better mojo,
than puttin out for any mofo....

want not, bleed not, broke not, I forgot,
gave it away,
it was all I got,
the lesson today girls, is what to do, NOT.

I played fast and hard and pressured
left the betta part of myself on a playa's dressa,

and so on...and on

I made a cd of this, it's about 6 minutes long, I'll try to get it up on utube with a ron endorsement tagged on...but I need visuals...