PDA

View Full Version : Global Market Meltdown and the Money Bomb

morlhzd
01-21-2008, 11:28 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=asia

Tonight markets in Asia are in virtual free fall, over the past 2 days world markets have crashed more then after 9/11. Trading on the India stock exchange was halted after plunging over 10% in the first few minutes of trading tonight.

The US markets open for trading for the first time tomorrow morning since the world crash has started. Everyone is extremely nervous - there is no telling what tomorrow brings, but to be sure there will be some of the heaviest losses in recent memory.

The point being -- I'm sure most people in the financial industry (especially commodites/precious metals traders) (some of the strongest supporters of RP) - have been extrodinarily worried over the past 2 days and may not have contributed as much as otherwise.

Because the markets are in Free-Fall it will be much harder for other candidates to raise money - so the money gained tonight will go further then if the markets were in bull mode!

(Mitt Romney will have lost quite a bit of his money tonight)

P.S - I've never seen it this bad, I would suggest taking what cash you can out of the bank. It is very possible (with these record losses) we may see some very big bank failures and bank runs in the very near future.

Suzu
01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've been leaving my BofA account open simply because I still have some unused checks. I've only got about $300 total, but the less you have, the less you can afford to lose, so I might be better off taking that money out of there first thing in the morning, yes?

jdrochon
01-21-2008, 11:37 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices?e=asia

Tonight markets in Asia are in virtual free fall, over the past 2 days world markets have crashed more then after 9/11. Trading on the India stock exchange was halted after plunging over 10% in the first few minutes of trading tonight.

The US markets open for trading for the first time tomorrow morning since the world crash has started. Everyone is extremely nervous - there is no telling what tomorrow brings, but to be sure there will be some of the heaviest losses in recent memory.

The point being -- I'm sure most people in the financial industry (especially commodites/precious metals traders) (some of the strongest supporters of RP) - have been extrodinarily worried over the past 2 days and may not have contributed as much as otherwise.

Because the markets are in Free-Fall it will be much harder for other candidates to raise money - so the money gained tonight will go further then if the markets were in bull mode!

(Mitt Romney will have lost quite a bit of his money tonight)

P.S - I've never seen it this bad, I would suggest taking what cash you can out of the bank. It is very possible (with these record losses) we may see some very big bank failures and bank runs in the very near future.

It's by design. I mean..who in there right mind would believe that fiat currency and an interventionism is sustainable. Remember - ORDO AB CHAO or Order by Chaos.

The trick of creating chaos and then seizing power under the pretense of putting things back in order is a tried and true method of deception and manipulation. It's the meaning behind the Latin motto: ORDO AB CHAO meaning ORDER OUT OF CHAOS.

The puppetmasters create "disorder" so the people will demand "order". The price of "order" always entails a handing over of control and loss of freedom on the part of the citizenry. Out of "chaos" comes "order" - THEIR order - their new WORLD order.

It's also referred to as the Hegelian Dialect after the philosopher Georg Hegel who wrote about its effectiveness. He described it as: THESIS -- ANTITHESIS -- SYNTHESIS.

Others have described it as: PROBLEM -- REACTION -- SOLUTION in that firstly you create the problem; then secondly you fan the flames to get a reaction; then thirdly (like Johnny-on-the-spot) you provide a solution. The solution is what you were wanting to achieve in the first place, but wouldn't have been able to achieve under normal circumstances.

4RP08inKCMO
01-21-2008, 11:38 PM
This is intense. Check out Drudge right now.

Molly1
01-21-2008, 11:39 PM
This is intense. Check out Drudge right now.

OK Everyone who is short the market has to donate again tomorrow.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.:mad:

Carry on!:)

jdrochon
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
OK Everyone who is short the market has to donate again tomorrow.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.:mad:

Carry on!:)

LOL that cheered me up..because now I know someone will gain from my loss and donate to Ron Paul.

morlhzd
01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Many traders are predicting intervention by the Federal Reserve tomorrow morning. If they intervene and cut interest rates by .5% - and the Market continues to fall - The Fed looses the illusion of power (and thereby power) to affect the markets/economy.

At that point, it's not a pretty picture.

I'm betting they do not cut (hoping) - this will cause deflation and mass failures in the equity market (but still better then what would happen if they Cut Rates and the Market still sinks).

tomorrow will be interesting to see if the Fed and global banks have enough left in them to stop the mass selling.

virginiakid
01-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Have a question. Do you think that the SC debate had something to do with the tanking of our stock market. I know it was already in a downward turn. But it seems like when Ron Paul made it clear that we are in a recession that it has helped speed up the fears of people.

I have to be honest. Hopefully this will help Dr. Paul get his message out. Sometimes it has to hurt a whole lot before people are willing to change and open their hearts and minds. Hopefully, this will be it.

morlhzd
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
I have to be honest. Hopefully this will help Dr. Paul get his message out. Sometimes it has to hurt a whole lot before people are willing to change and open their hearts and minds. Hopefully, this will be it.

I think it will help because Dr. Paul has been talking about the economy for so long (way before the other candidates started talking on this subject). Dr. Paul also has the experience/knowledge with monetary policy.

All Paul supporters must become experts (or at least study this topic) and get his monetary policy out there.

(Moral hazard - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_hazard - is a good topic that seems to be a theme of Dr. Pauls and one people can understand once explained)

Here are some video's to help:

Ron Paul Schools Ben Bernanke Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwvlDJgJbM

Ron Paul : House of Cards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxdUPNYj2s

Ron Paul 0wnz the Federal Reserve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kxTkhwR_Q

billyjoeallen
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
we should start a media blitz related to the crash:

"NOW will you listen to Dr. Paul?"

billyjoeallen
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
"I think we are in a recession. I think it's going to get a lot worse." -Ron Paul in the debates.

gracebkr
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
good thing I have no money to take out of the bank.

gracebkr
01-22-2008, 12:02 AM
It's by design. I mean..who in there right mind would believe that fiat currency and an interventionism is sustainable. Remember - ORDO AB CHAO or Order by Chaos.

The trick of creating chaos and then seizing power under the pretense of putting things back in order is a tried and true method of deception and manipulation. It's the meaning behind the Latin motto: ORDO AB CHAO meaning ORDER OUT OF CHAOS.

The puppetmasters create "disorder" so the people will demand "order". The price of "order" always entails a handing over of control and loss of freedom on the part of the citizenry. Out of "chaos" comes "order" - THEIR order - their new WORLD order.

It's also referred to as the Hegelian Dialect after the philosopher Georg Hegel who wrote about its effectiveness. He described it as: THESIS -- ANTITHESIS -- SYNTHESIS.

Others have described it as: PROBLEM -- REACTION -- SOLUTION in that firstly you create the problem; then secondly you fan the flames to get a reaction; then thirdly (like Johnny-on-the-spot) you provide a solution. The solution is what you were wanting to achieve in the first place, but wouldn't have been able to achieve under normal circumstances.

Stop it, you are scaring me.

Fox McCloud
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Stop it, you are scaring me.

Hey, it used to scare me too...but then I took my fingers out of my ears and realized there was nothing I could do about it...but prepare.

gold, silver, food, water, etc...all will be the new currencies of the realm when it all hits the fan.

edit: Ron is going to come out looking like a rose for his statements and economic policies...let's hope the people listen.

smartguy911
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
we should start a media blitz related to the crash:

"NOW will you listen to Dr. Paul?"

I really like that. that should have been the message on the blimp

dspectre
01-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I agree that people need to be cashing out of the markets at the moment.

But pulling money out of banks just because of fear is not a good thing.

If you want some extra money because you think you may need it, by all means take some money out of the bank.

But don't do it just out of pure fear!!! If this things gets out of control because of fear, the money you pull out of the bank may not mean anything anyways.

I don't think the banks will fail, more than likely the fed is just going to inflate.

As we know, though, in the long run inflating can be much worse then banks failing.

jdrochon
01-22-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree that people need to be cashing out of the markets at the moment.

But pulling money out of banks just because of fear is not a good thing.

If you want some extra money because you think you may need it, by all means take some money out of the bank.

But don't do it just out of pure fear!!! If this things gets out of control because of fear, the money you pull out of the bank may not mean anything anyways.

I don't think the banks will fail, more than likely the fed is just going to inflate.

As we know, though, in the long run inflating can be much worse then banks failing.

Is it out of control because of pure fear OR is there pure fear because it's out of control?
The system seized up last august. I am surprised the markets took this long to have their revelation of the crisis at hand.
Read my thread from last December on the $4 Trillion credit evaporation.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46101

morlhzd
01-22-2008, 12:15 AM

(the Fed has been inflating for the past 5 years - what if they can't this time?)

Northern Rock a big bank in the UK, failed a month or so ago -- people were lined up for hours trying to get money out. (this may become more common)

The Market always knows what's going on, In this case - the only reason I can think of for such broad based selling is that a major bank has failed.

In either case Credit has been destroyed on a massive scale, the Fed left powerless, - the outcome in this case may very we'll be deflation.

Cash may become so valuable - that the Banks run out (quickly) - hence a run on the bank is caused by rapid deflation (not inflation).

Bigvick
01-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Thank god most of my money (What little I have left of it) is in Switzerland in a private bank account - My US bank account has 10,000$ in it that I will determine if I want to pull out tommorow..

I have already stocked up on gold (before the huge % increase in $) and have had short positions on the markets since 3 months ago :D:D

I AM PREPARED>><<

* A little Funfact

The FDIC only insures .02% of all deposits in US banks but gives people the illusion their money is safe...

morlhzd
01-22-2008, 12:23 AM
How about this for conspiracy:

Was Ben Bernanke assigned to the task of creating the next Great Depression? Certainly seems to be the case - he has the background/know-how and it's looking very similar to the last one?

"Bernanke is particularly interested in the economic and political causes of the Great Depression, on which he has written extensively. On Milton Friedman's ninetieth birthday, Nov. 8, 2002, he stated: "Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke

Paul & Milton Friedman:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul352.html

virginiakid
01-22-2008, 12:25 AM
another freedom grabbing tactic

misericordia
01-22-2008, 12:27 AM
How much cash, food, water, gas, metals should we have on hand in case? anybody?

jdrochon
01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
How much cash, food, water, gas, metals should we have on hand in case? anybody?

If there is a real crisis, it' tough to guess/estimate how long it will take to get things in some kind of order for barter and trade.

Global economic collapse is by design. This may not be it, but this sure as heck should wake us up.

virginiakid
01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Your right it is by design. The great depression was by design and so is this one coming up--if it is it.

The last time we were in a great depression, it took a world war to get us out. With the tanking of the economy, the talk of going into Iran, Russia saying that they are not afraid to use its nukes on us, etc... I cannot help but think that the powers to be are preparing us for another world war. But then again, I could be wrong.

jkm1864
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I think its by design but I think its happening faster than they wanted it to. I bet the economy or the markets would have shrunk 25% before November meaning that people might look for a savior and guess what Ron Paul is the answer. On the other hand it can't be stopped if You watch money is debt it will explain why the economy is rippling with the credit card debt and the bad mortage loans. The bill is due and more Americans are failing due to high prices. Also this is going to affect the rest of the economy and all of the front runners don't know crap. We can not do anything just make sure You have enough gas to get out of dodge and go live with a family member in the country because the cities will turn into killing fields. You thought Katrina looked bad wait till another depression comes it will be horrible. When are grand parents were alive alot of people were rural and had food so people could always get food but wait when no one is a farmer and another depression hits it will be real bad.

Cornmeal ..... flour...... beans ...... rice ...... hard candies ...... and lots of water is what you should be worrying about plus Ammo for You're guns because there will be lots of rioting ...

Forget You're homes and cars in the city those are toast.... We are in this trouble due to the holywood lifestyle and keeping up with the jones's anyway.

Fox McCloud
01-22-2008, 01:04 AM

the safe answer is as much as you can get your hands on without going into debt (or being in debt).

misericordia
01-22-2008, 01:16 AM
ok, thanks. I'm gonna get big bags of rice and flour, powdered milk, beans, fill my tank, and buy some seeds for when I head up country. and rain barrels. and a camp stove.

Molly1
01-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Your right it is by design. The great depression was by design and so is this one coming up--if it is it.

The last time we were in a great depression, it took a world war to get us out. With the tanking of the economy, the talk of going into Iran, Russia saying that they are not afraid to use its nukes on us, etc... I cannot help but think that the powers to be are preparing us for another world war. But then again, I could be wrong.

Don't forget, we are fighting them. We want someone like Dr. Paul at the helm if they bring on their chaos.

ItsJustJosh
01-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Why does it sound like the majority of people are hoping for this to happen?

If the market goes to hell, there would undoubtedly be riots and likely martial law as per the Nazi/Patriot Act. The electoral process would almost certainly be frozen, leaving King George in office indefinitely. If things progressed to this stage, the only chance of fixing this country would be a full blown armed revolution.

Let's hope the market bounces back, and we can take our country back via the process, because the alternative is MUCH less appealing.

All that being said, I probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about, so quit reading this and go put up a yard sign, or donate again, or do SOMETHING tangible to help the campaign, instead of pissing and moaning about the end of the world.

Yesterday and tomorrow don't matter. Today does.

Srg1
01-22-2008, 02:07 AM
What i am witnessing is awful.This is exactly what ron paul is talking about and yet his message goes on deaf ears.What is wrong with you americans?

misericordia
01-22-2008, 02:25 AM
I think the markets are going to sh*t because the whole world hears RP's message EXCEPT the USA.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87578

jtown
01-22-2008, 03:04 AM
so if this worldwide collapse of the markets doesn't happen tomorrow at the sound of the trading bell...someone owes me a Ron Paul T-Shirt!!!!

Also please send pictures of your feverous shopping spree and what you purchased at the grocery store to prepare for the collapse of our economy....i'd like to know...

If it does get bad, I'll just eat my neighbor's dog...and yes I'll send pictures.:cool:

-Josh

misericordia
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Propped up again backed by nothing. They're going to hold off till RP's in office, act like he caused it, offer us a way out.............of liberty.

picture tp, beans and rice, coffee, vitamins and.........

get gardening, people.